Program V1: The Fourth Announcement

Announcements for the first version of The Program are stored here.

Moderator: Sh4dE

MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Program V1: The Fourth Announcement

Post by MurderWeasel »

The Program had now been going for a day. Twenty-four hours. It was just getting better and better. These kids had been a total bore at the start. It had looked like the season was going to be a flop. Now, though, it was a scramble to keep up with everything. Just when they thought things couldn't get better, they did. Brigadier General David Adams was completely energized. He hadn't slept in a bit, because he didn't want to miss a moment. Hell, if stuff kept up as it currently was, he'd be fine not catching another nap until the end.

So, all the good little patriots were running around, talking with each other and shooting each other and beating each other with bats and killing each other with wrestling moves and such.

It was hard to remember what being bored felt like.

And now, it was time for announcements yet again. Adams was on his way to the van, pondering witty turns of phrase and forgetting them instantly, barely able to avoid breaking into a run. He was really excited about this. After all, it was an important announcement for several reasons.

~*~

The announcements were preceded by the first fifteen seconds of "Hail to the Chief," as Adams hit the wrong button. After that, they dissolved into a few seconds of blaring static, before finally resolving themselves into the Brigadier General's voice.

"Whoops. Sorry 'bout that, everyone. Hope no one was trying to take a nap. Not that I can see how you could, since—oh, wait, right. Announcements.

"We had even more deaths than last time. That's right, folks: eleven dead. Impressive, huh? So, without further ado, here's the list:

"Rena Bellaire got plugged by Kami Steele. Well, shot. I've never understood the term plugged, you know? I mean, it's pretty much exactly the opposite. Bandages are more like plugging. Well, whatever the reason for the term, Brett Torres also plugged some people: Durriken Lovel and Priscilla Sawyer.

"Michael Maxwell pulled a pretty sweet death shtick when he killed Jerry Aarons with a scythe. You can buy those things in hardware stores, you know? Maybe something to look into.

"Madeline Harris took up the bat and smashed in the face of Jethro Stuarts. Then Bryant Carver—you know, the guy who did that thing with the shovel?—shot Benjamin Latimer with a shotgun. It was less exciting than the shovel, but only a bit.

"Tyler Blake pulled some sweet moves and Patriot Supplexed Dominic Brown. Very nice move, Blake. Madeline Harris smashed in another skull, this time that of Johan Luther.

"After this, Luke Mendoza killed Joanne Seguin and Matthew Payne. It looked quite painful. Hahaha... right, yeah, Luke, buddy, you gotta start actually using your gun. I mean, it's your choice, but man, those were some close calls. Axes and shards of broken junk are cool and all, but... ah, whatever. I don't actually care that much.

"Finally, Madeline Harris killed yet another person, this time shooting Abby Erickson.

"So, that's it. Good luck, all of you. Or whatever."

The announcements clicked off.

Twenty seconds later, they snapped back on.

"Right, forgot to tell you. You're halfway there now. Only twenty-four people stand between you and sweet, sweet victory."

The broadcast cut out once more.

And, rolls:

#1: M03, Louis Johnson (bacon) - Michael Maxwell (Lord_Shadow, Hero Card used)
#2: M24, Bryant Carver (outfoxd) - Corrina Landrey (Dom, Hero Card used)
#3: M06, Karl Chalmers (KillerVole) - Stephanie Mason (Fioriboy, Hero Card used)

You have three days to play cards, and seven beyond that to get deaths done.
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun

Return to “Program V1 Announcements”