The Seagull

((Open, minutes before the first announcement))

The buildings found on the eastern fringe of the town are by and large the fanciest and most expansive; naturally, these are the homes which housed most American officials and their families. This part of the area is comparatively shielded from the wind and elements, and the buildings are more architecturally adventurous, featuring a range of materials (including brick and stone siding) and more varied sizes. While there is the occasional one-story home to be found, most run two or even three floors. There's ample space between buildings, with paved walkways and large, well-maintained gardens. It's possible to hide in many of the houses themselves, and garages, basements, and out-buildings are prevalent. These buildings tend to be well-lit, with wide windows, and are largely clean and impeccably maintained—usually through the efforts of hired help rather than the former inhabitants.
KamiKaze
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by KamiKaze »

Enough could happen during a bathroom break.

Phoebe collapsed against a wall in the den on the lower floor, huffing and puffing from making her way inside. Opening the doors were hard, she guessed, but one opened outward. After a moment, she inspected herself. The worst damage was to her arm, which the redness was slowly soaking her sleeve like a wine stain on a carpet. There were a few other knicks and scrapes as well, but nothing as significant. Her fingers were scratched, so were her knees. Some on her chin, too.

Phoebe set work patching herself up, albeit with shaking hands. She pulled out the first aid kit. Thankfully, the jar hadn’t broken in the commotion.

She took off her blazer, rolled up her sleeve, and inspected the cut on her arm. It was probably the deepest wound, and just looking at it made her stomach turn. Fortunately, it didn’t seem like she was going to bleed out from it. But first things first: she had to make sure she stopped bleeding.

Phoebe unrolled some gauze, and pressed down on the wound. Blood soaked through, but it was starting to stop.

Admittedly, she didn’t know much about first aid. All she knew was to apply pressure, and--

Disinfect.

Phoebe gulped. And took out the alcohol. Another piece of gauze, wettened. Then--

She cried out from the sting.

Phoebe was unaware of who was upstairs.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

A few minutes in the bathroom was all Nastya needed. After taking the time to use the loo, she set about cleaning herself a bit. Mostly she just damped and wrung out a cloth she found and wiped her face and neck. She removed her jacket and dress shirt to get her collarbone and armpits, leaving her standing in a tank top. It wasn’t as good as a hot shower would be, but considering her limited options, she’s just roll with it. Besides, it was expected punks should have a little stank on them.

As Nastya began to button her shirt back on, she heard a scream from downstairs. She froze before she could finish buttoning the shirt.

“Shit. Of course.”

She reached over and grabbed Lyudmila. Someone got in the house while she was in the bathroom. She was dumb to think she would have an actual moment to herself. It was even more annoying to think that all the time she spent sitting and starring at the same view was time she could have actually taken a bath.

But there wasn’t time to dwell on it. Nastya knew her defenses weren’t perfect and that someone could get in. She just had to prove she was still the one who ran this house.

Nastya slowly exited the bathroom and crept to the top of the stairs. She raised Lyudmila and looked through the scope. It wasn’t the best view, but it should hopefully still let her know who was coming up the stairs and if she needed to blow their head off. She breathed in and out. Not since Rue died did she actually find herself in danger. Now it was time to prove she could handle herself.

“Oy!” she shouted. “Who’s there?”
G014: Mayumi Tendou
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2
Brigid Paxton: Deceased
Louisa Bloom: Deceased

Program V3 Prologue
Rodney Vasicek: Escaped
Ambrose Lexington: Deceased
Helena Christensen: Deceased

Program V3
Philippa "Pippa" Andolini: Deceased
Nastasia "Nastya" Zharkova: Deceased

TV:

TV2
Asa Rosen: Deceased
Taylor DeVasher: Deceased

TV3
Dale Hawthorne: Deceased
Shoshanna Kowalczyk: Deceased

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1
Paige Strand: Deceased
Amber Whimsy: Deceased

Second Chances V2
Sophie McDowell: Deceased
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Phoebe seethed as she adjusted the gauze. It still stung, but at least it was doing its job. She didn’t think the cuts were that deep, but it was better to look.

Okay, so… it looked like she’d heal up from it. There wasn’t as much blood, at least. But disinfecting everything else and then bandaging herself up would be great.

Then, footsteps.

Phoebe froze, and then lifted her head in the direction it came from. She wondered if she should call out but, the owner of the footsteps decided for her. It was faint, but she still recognized it as a voice.

“Hello? It’s Phoebe. Quincey.” she called out, raising her hands while remaining seated on the floor. “Head girl. I’m--”

She was about to say that she was injured and unarmed, but she wasn’t sure if it was a good idea to tell that to a potential attacker.

“I’m resting, and I’m not going to do anything, I swear.”
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Nastya listened in to the voice of the person in the house. It was Phoebe Quincey. Now Nastya remembered that name. She was supposed to be the Head Girl, a role for the kind of brown nosers who want to get special attention from teachers and maybe look better on their college apps. Nastya didn't really have any beef with Phoebe, but she didn't really enjoy the notion of a person who would lead with a title acting like that was cause to trust them and not expect them to kill her.

Nastya moved Lyudmila's scope away and stepped down a bit, keeping the gun close to her side. Now she could look over the stair railing and see the girl sitting on the floor, bandaging herself. Nastya froze.

It was the girl she just shot at. Crap.

Granted, Nastya shouldn't have been surprised the girl would have run away and maybe chosen her house as shelter. Nastya could have deigned it necessary to wait a few extra seconds to see if the girl was coming her way.

Still, now that it was apparent Nastya was coming down the stairs with a rifle and was face to face with someone she had shot at moments ago, Nastya really had no choice but to explain herself. After all, if Phoebe was the type to get the position of Head Girl, she could connect two and two and realize that Nastya was the one who probably was shooting out windows near her.

"Uh... sorry bout that," she said, gesturing the barrel of Lyudmila towards Phoebe's injury. "It's been a rough week."
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3

TV:

TV2

TV3

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1

Second Chances V2
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

“I know.”

Phoebe gulped.

Okay, so… Nastya had been the one to shoot at her? Okay. Okay okay. Deep breath. Right. Uh…

“Um… you weren’t trying to kill me, right?”

It didn’t seem like it if she was apologizing, but, well, you never know. Then again, Phoebe didn’t realize that Margot would be the type of person who’d try to smash the cameras, getting herself blown up. Phoebe scowled a little

“Right…?”
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Aaaaaaaand there was the guilt. Phoebe blatantly asked Nastya if she was trying to kill her. Nastya scratched the side of her temple and sighed.

"Honestly, not really," Nastya said.

Nastya sat down on the staircase and laid Lyudmila across her lap.

"Really, I just shot that window to scare you away. I scared away some wanker yesterday because he was dumb enough to rap to the camera in the open, but really, I don't care that much about killing randos who come by. I'd just like to hold out and wait till this whole mess blows over."

"Besides," Nastya continued, "at this point, I really only want to kill one person. You haven't seen Victoria, have you?"
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3

TV:

TV2

TV3

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1

Second Chances V2
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

“Ah…”

And that was all she could say to that.

Honestly, Phoebe couldn’t blame her. If “some wanker” is coming by and bugging her through… rapping? Rapping, apparently. Well, she could relate to the whole notion of “bunkering down”. That said… the best way of doing that was breaking windows?

“Victoria? Uh…”

Victoria was the runner girl, wasn’t she? Very quiet. Phoebe could never get an idea of her..

“I haven’t. Sorry.”

Wait…

She was on the announcements, wasn’t she? And Nastya, Nastasia… oh dear. Revenge, vigilantism? Both?

“Um…”

Okay, what do you say?

“How come? Were you close to…”
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

The other girl wanted to know about Victoria. Nastya rubbed her neck as the girl asked if she knew about her.

"Naw, I wasn't close to her," Nastya said. "Honestly, I'm kind of glad I don't really know her. It'd make dealing with her a lot easier."

"Basically," she continued, resting her hands along Lyudmila, "the bitch shot at me and Rue, and poor Rue died right in front of me. I wasn't even that close to Rue, hell, I had considered shooting her too before we allied, but frankly, that mad woman was willing to kill us both, and it sounds like she's kept on killing."

"So really, I figure she's someone I gotta take out if I see her. Everyone else I can just scare away."
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3

TV:

TV2

TV3

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1

Second Chances V2
Irina Ivanov

Post by Irina Ivanov »

((Molly McKenzie continued from That's The Way The Ego Crumbles))

It wasn't just her delusion that made crumbled away, Molly could feel something else crumble along the rocky trail and get stepped over without a single glance back. It was annoying it wasn't even a feeling or anything, Molly knew it wasn't physical, but it was like something was poking her in the back!!!

"Ay, stop it!"

Molly turned around. Nothing. She could have sworn she heard someone following her. It was unsettling, every time she walked, she could hear some sounds behind her. Yet, the ground recorded every tiny step, and there was only one pair of footprints. Molly looked around with no expression to see if anyone was there. She held her sledgehammer tightly, but Molly wasn't nervous at all. If anything, all those horrible feelings, all those insecurities. They weren't there anymore. Good.

Molly came to a house. It was far more large than the house she was in whatever hours ago. Not that it mattered, Molly wasn't about to take residence up here. Quite the opposite. She had to go home, no matter what. She walked towards it, stepping on some sticky, smelly thing she barely even acknowledged. When she looked down, her shoe was covered by gelatinous seagull bits and fly-infested feathers. She shook it off, letting out a cry of disgust when she realised what it was.

Molly yanked off her shoe, and holding her breath, scraped off all of it on a nearby rock. It was only until most of it was gone she could bear to look at it. She reluctantly put it back on. Strange, she didn't remember caring so much for the fashion disaster she was, or being that much of a priss. Maybe she was getting some of her dignity back, finally!

Ignoring the feeling and sounds of someone behind her (She checked, nothing again.), Molly came to the door, and stopped. Talking. Noises. People. Molly felt something that she thought was excitement come to her. Still not in full force, but to the point it couldn't be considered numbed. She gripped her sledgehammer and put it behind her back.

Molly looked at a window, and...shoot. There were two people. One was that Slavic nerd who was a complete jerk and oh shit she had a rifle

Calm down. Oh, wait, no...Molly knew that the last time she saw a gun, it wasn't good, but weirdly enough. After having just a moment of fear (That still forced her to back away anyways), it just...wasn't there. Had she really done it? Had she really blocked it out? Molly smiled, well until she saw Phoebe.

Phoebe 'Teacher's Little Bitch' Quincey. Phoebe 'You shouldn't do that it's bad..' Quincey. Molly should have been happy, since Phoebe seemed to be no shape to fight, considering she was bleeding on the floor anyways. That wasn't including the fact that Phoebe didn't seem to have a weapon. But she wasn't happy, no. Molly was pissed.

All those close memories of her getting told off, and hell, nearly getting snitched on by her was coming back. She wasn't just some teacher's pet who stayed out of the way, no, she was the kind to come over and snatch a cigarette from someone and then throw it in the bin. She acts all nice and polite, but ugh, Phoebe was such a two face. If it wasn't for the fact she would get in way too much trouble, Molly would have long since ruined her. But no, because Phoebe was so SWEET AND POLITE, MOLLY FUCKING COULDN'T!

Molly only snapped out of it when her blood circulation in her sledgehammer hand started to stop working, and she let go as not to lose her hand. She took a deep breath, smirked at herself, put on her a confident stance and walked the other side. Molly didn't think the pricks noticed her, so she went over a door on the back, and tried to open it. Molly stopped smiling once she realised it was was locked, and tried repeatedly to it. She scowled as the door refused to give way. This door was pissing her off already.

Screw it.

Molly raised her sledgehammer and smashed at the door.
[+] Characters
SOTF-TV V3: (Relationship Thread Here)

Chris Tyrrell - Currently working at What can I fix you with?

The Program V3:

Lucy Arkwright -- Currently dreaming in Sing Us A Song; You're The Piano Man
Molly McKenzie -- Currently looking death in the eye in The Seagull

The Program V2.5:

Edward Taylor -- Currently rescued in...And An Ending.
[+] Art
I have an art thread! But it's closed until the 15th
[+] Future Concepts
Lol check Main
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

“Oh, um, I see.”

Phoebe adjusted her glasses for a moment, only for her to be reminded why that was a bad idea. A red spot was left behind on the frames.

She wasn’t really the type to endorse vigilantism, or murder, or both. But, if Victoria shot someone in front of her, she could see how Nastasia would want to see some kind of justice. Even if it meant personally… doing the job.

But, then, should Phoebe really encourage people to shoot other people?

Rue and her were never close, but… it was alright to say she missed her. Phoebe looked down in thought--

Only to jump up at the crashing sound with eyes wide open.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Phoebe didn't seem that pleased with Nastya's explanation, but Nastya didn't expect her to. Nastya wasn't even sure she'd actually kill Victoria, since anyone else could kill her first. It was more assurance that there was one person she'd kill no matter what, and that she'd be willing to give others some chance to prove they were worth sparing.

"Yeah, it's just-" she began before they were interrupted.

There was a loud banging on the nearby door. Nastya jumped up from her spot and hurried down the stairs. She adjusted Lyudmila and raised the rifle to the door.

"Phoebs," she started. "I think we're under attack. I'll take care of this. Get behind me."

Nastya looked through the scope. She didn't know when this person would burst through, but with a rifle trained on the door, Nastya was sure she'd win no matter what.
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3

TV:

TV2

TV3

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1

Second Chances V2
Irina Ivanov

Post by Irina Ivanov »

The rhythmic pounding was all Molly could focus on. Was that coming from her breaking down the now bisected door, or was it coming from her beating heart? It became faster, and faster, frantic to the point that it turned into a collective, constant sound of white noise. The noise that had served as her focus point turned into unbearable white noise, and Molly moved away from the door.

She leaned against a wall next to the heap of wood, and Molly realised that she was breathing in a rapid staccato. That hideous noise still continued on, and Molly realised that her heart was the pounding she heard. She hated it, she hated it so much that if she could, she'll rip it out beating and all. As heavy her breathing was, and as much as her heart was telling her to stop...

Molly couldn't feel anything, she didn't feel tired at all! This world felt like a worthless world of cardboard, Molly could do anything! Everything felt so easy, even breaking down a door was nothing to her! Molly didn't stifle her burst of laughter, something else did it for her. Voices. Voices so distorted and unidentifiable, that Molly had no idea where it was coming from. Was it coming from those two inside? Or did it come from the vast wasteland? She couldn't remain out here, where she felt all eyes on her.

Molly didn't take time to rest, and barged through what was left of the door. She vaguely considered the two now very familiar faces before her before charging at them. One holding a rifle, clearly directed at Molly. Molly couldn't feel anything about that. They were just two pieces of meat. One of them could kill her. So what?

Molly was very fast on her legs, and before she knew it, she had to raise her sledgehammer and start hitting with it. Her arms couldn't catch up with her mind or body though, it seems, and by the time she had begun to raise her sledgehammer, she had already charged at Nastya, and in fact, would probably tackle her to the ground before Molly even had the chance to hit anything with her weapon.
[+] Characters

The Program V3:

The Program V2.5:

[+] Art
[+] Future Concepts
Lol check Main
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

With each successive pounding on the door, Nastya ran the plan over in her mind. She would only get one real shot at the person coming in since she left most of her spare ammo upstairs, and she couldn't hesitate for too long. If whoever was bursting in was going to try to kill her of Phoebe, then Nastya had to take them down. This was her house. She was going to protect it and anyone she permitted inside.

Finally, the door swung open. The assailant was revealed to be Molly McKenzie. Ugh. Nastya was not happy to see her. Molly was a flat-out bitch, not someone Nastya really enjoyed back at school, but someone Nastya didn't mind mocking within earshot. It shouldn't have surprised her that Molly had turned aggressive here, but here they were.

Nastya kept Lyudmila raised. There was enough distance that Nastya could hit Molly before she came near. Likewise, the space and level meant that Nastya would get a pretty clean shot at a vital area to take her down. This should be simple enough, even if Nastya could feel the rifle getting heavier with each second.

"Don't-" was all Nastya could say before the angry bint came charging at her.

So much for diplomacy. Molly made her intentions clear, and now it was time for Nastya to make hers known. Now she could earn her extradition back to the UK. The girl raised her sledgehammer as she got closer. Nastya breathed in, then clutched the trigger.

It wasn't that difficult to decide. As far as Nastya saw it, Molly was just another seagull.

Lyudmila fired, and Nastya gasped as she saw the result.
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3

TV:

TV2

TV3

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1

Second Chances V2
Irina Ivanov

Post by Irina Ivanov »

Nastya may have been fully aware of the result, but Molly was not. Running on instinct, adrenaline and complete utter lack of reason, Molly only vaguely felt something. She stopped for just a moment, but her (lack of facial) expression indicated that it wasn't an entirely conscious choice, just like something she had do. Molly placed her hand on her abdomen, and looked at it blankly. Blood. Nastya shot her right in the gut, and it..well, it wasn't bleeding profusely, but it was bleeding quite badly. She had been shot pretty much point blank, so it was quite a large wound. Molly probably wasn't going to survive, her med kit being left at her previous house.

She didn't care.

She wasn't bothered, she couldn't be in the state to BE bothered. If she did, then that would mean that all the adrenaline had poured out of Molly. But Molly couldn't even feel that. All she felt was a slight burning sensation that got worse by the second. Molly started shaking, and she felt something that must have been shoc-

No. Don't let that happen. Just ignore it.

Molly, in a sharp contrast to her listless staring at her own wound, suddenly snapped her head up at Nastya. That's right. The thing who shot her. She would have usually started glaring, but Molly could give nothing more than a dazed, gazed over look. Molly was so numb to it all, that she couldn't even be angry. It wasn't like Nastya mattered anyways, just like how she thought Molly as just a seagull, Molly just thought of Nastya as an obstacle.

Molly suddenly swung her sledgehammer to the side. If it didn't hit (and break a bone or two), then at least Nastya's gun would be knocked away. Molly wasn't really aiming at anything in particular.
[+] Characters

The Program V3:

The Program V2.5:

[+] Art
[+] Future Concepts
Lol check Main
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Nastya stared at Molly, whose stomach was now starting to turn red. Nastya actually hit her in the gut. Molly wasn't going to be able to survive something like that. Nastya had earned her one kill out, and it wasn't as difficult as she thought it would be. After all, it was definitely self defense, and she had someone to back her up. All she had to do was make sure Molly stayed down and she could get back to fortifying her home and protecting it from invaders.

Unfortunately, that didn't seem to be as simple a plan as Nastya hoped. Molly wasn't as deterred by a gut shot as Nastya thought. The girl was hopped up on pure adrenaline, and she was back to swinging her hammer. Nastya swung up Lyudmila in hopes of blocking the attack. She needed to reload the gun if she had a chance of fighting back, or at least stall Molly until she bled out. Sadly, that turned out to be beyond Nastya's calculations.

The first strike against Lyudmila knocked the rifle out of Nastya's hands. Nastya had wished she had taken the moment to put the strap around her shoulder when she challenged Molly, otherwise she'd still have the gun in her (admittedly weak) grip. She looked up and saw Molly continue her attack, this time, bringing the hammer down on her head.

Nastya, now disarmed and too stunned to move, felt the weight of the hammer come down on her forehead. There was a crunch, and instantly, Nastya crumpled to the ground. Just like that, it was done. That blow was enough to knock Nastya's consciousness out of her head, pooling onto the carpet of the living room along with her blood. All of Nastya's remarks, her thoughts, her ideas, her hopes, her dreams, and her wisdom spilled out, escaping her frame to be left unintelligible on the ground.

If there was one thought left in the mind of Nastasia Arkadyevna Zharkova before she died, it was this:

"Two more dead seagulls."

And with that, she was silent.

F06 NASTYA ZHARKOVA: DECEASED
15 STUDENTS REMAIN
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue