If Only I Could Go for a Swim ...

(Re)start of G14, open

A beautiful shore. An over turned canoe sits upon the white, sparkling sands. If the SOTF ACT wasn't going on, this shore might just be considered beautiful. But, because it's on this particular island, the shore's white sands seem to beg to be painted with red.
Aura

Post by Aura »

Keira stared blankly as David revealed his assigned weapon, a chainsaw.

Really? They're giving out chainsaws? Sounds like whoever's handing out the weapons has seen a few too many horror movies.

David sat down next to Charlie and asked if either of the girls had seen anyone yet. Keira guessed that he really only wanted to know if they had seen his girlfriend. Charlie had been on the beach ever since she woke up, and hadn't seen anyone but Keira. Once it was her turn to speak, she put her sketchbook to the side and looked directly at David.

"Well, I woke up in this decrepit old mansion that was missing a wall. I walked to the beach from there, but I didn't see anyone until I got here and met Charlie."

Keira decided to ask a follow-up question to determine if she was right about his reasons for asking.

"You looking for someone?"
Slayer*

Post by Slayer* »

(Since it's my fault this took so long, I'm just going to have this post pre-announcement.)

"Yeah," no shit he was looking for someone, "but that doesn't mean I don't want to make sure people are doing okay. I wanted to see if you knew who was causing trouble or not, too."

Minutes passed on the sand and in the warm sun with Charlie and Keira, and he let himself close his eyes for a bit. In the old days he would've put an arm around Charlie's waist by now, pulled her close to him, but now wasn't the time for that.

It wasn't the time for much of anything. They couldn't keep this up, not on this island. Nikki was out there, somewhere, and she wasn't cut out for this. She was too soft, probably too tempting a target once people shrugged off the civilised act. He couldn't let his last memories of her be on that bus, kissing and holding her and watching the rather impressive effect every bump in the road had.

That would be a decent memory if Danya and his thugs hadn't showed up, and the mood hadn't turned to terror and falsely reassuring people that they'd come out of this okay. To having to lie to her. He'd have to go, and soon, but...

But he was unarmed, and he doubted the next people to come across these ladies would be so friendly. He imagined them laying broken on the beach, screaming and begging for life. He shivered at the thought; if possible, he couldn't let that happen.

"I'm probably going to get going soon," he eventually said to break the silence. Someone had to be the voice of reason. "You ladies want to come along? Safety in numbers, and you're the ones with weapons worth a damn."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Slayer.
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

((Will make this longer when I get more time))

Charlie heard the announcement the next day, and her collar started beeping. She picked up her stuff and ran.

((Charlie continued in This Ain't No Game))
Aura

Post by Aura »

It turned out that David was looking for a certain someone after all. Despite that, however, he still took the time to see if Keira and Charlene were all right. That was pretty noble in Keira's eyes.

The three relaxed on the beach for a good while. As time passed by, Keira took the time to appreciate the moment. Despite the fact that their school trip had derailed into a fight for survival, she had still managed to find a moment's peace. She, Charlie, and David were just chilling out, the way that teenagers should in the summertime.

The moment ended when David suggested that they move elsewhere. Keira was originally skeptical on the idea, but before she could voice her opinion, a screeching noise assaulted her ears. It was an intercom, and that fat bastard Danya's voice was broadcasting across the island. Danya gleefuly listed off who had died, along with the killers. Keira listened in shock to the names announced. She took a mental note of the announcements.

Craig, Sidney, Liz, Maria, Quincy. All dead. Maria, Anthony, Jennifer, Marty, Reeves. All killers.

Danya then listed the "danger zones", as he called them. The Inland Lake and Eastern Shore. All Keira needed to do was stay clear of those places and she would be fine.

...Wait a minute, THE EASTERN SHORE?

Keira wasn't sure if she was on the eastern shore, but she knew that she was on a shore of some sort. Her fears were confirmed when she heard her collar start to make a beeping sound. She hastily stuffed her sketchbook back in her bag and grabbed both of her bags. She stood up and looked at David. She spoke with a hint of panic in her voice.

"Yeah, going somewhere else sounds good. Let's get outta here!"

Keira wasted no time in leaving the shore, making sure to keep up with Charlie as she went.

((Keira MacDonald continued in This Ain't No Game))
Slayer*

Post by Slayer* »

David will have more or less already left by that point.

(Continued in Body Count)
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Slayer.

Return to “Eastern Shore”