Down by the Water

open, of course!

Similar in feel to the Inland lake, this lake also features the smell of the salt air, and the sound of waves lapping against the cliffs and beaches can be heard if you just take the time to listen. The most obvious feature of this lake is the small sailboat that apparently has sunk in the center, a lone mast breaking the water line.
peregrineink*

Post by peregrineink* »

Jake felt weird about being called out of picking up the hat. Who would just leave someone's hat lying there? It wasn't a mean thing to keep someone's object safe until it could be properly returned.

"I mean, Bob clearly dropped it, I'm pretty sure he'd want it back or something, you know? I figured it would be a nice thing to give back to him if I find him again, you know?"

Jake looked out over the lake. With the warmth and how pretty the water looked, he really wished he could take a few laps in the water. However for some reason, the idea of leaving his gun on shore on an island full of people who were almost guaranteed to kill him, it didn't seem like the best of ideas.

"I was a jerk to him," he continued. "I never do stuff like that, he clearly was scared and I was jerk because I don't want to believe any of this is real."

He didn't know this Marion girl, this Marion girl probably thought he was a gigantic asshole. Hell, everyone in America definitely thought this, all because he had let his patience run out. This was the opposite of what he wanted to do in a situation like this.

"Thanks for spreading the word about Mad. I just want to make sure that she's safe."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler peregrineink. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Un67*

Post by Un67* »

After Marion asked Jake her question, he replied with a bit of incredulity in his voice, "I mean, Bob clearly dropped it, I'm pretty sure he'd want it back or something, you know? I figured it would be a nice thing to give back to him if I find him again, you know?" Marion didn't reply to that out loud, but she couldn't help but think that it would be a rather useless and not to mention pointless pursuit.

Jake then looked back over at the lake, and Marion could tell from his expression that he seemed tempted to jump right into it. Marion probably wouldn't mind doing it herself, but she had more important things to think about at the moment, like not getting shot (and especially not getting shot). Then, Jake continued with what he said before, "I was a jerk to him. I never do stuff like that, he clearly was scared and I was jerk because I don't want to believe any of this is real."

Again, Marion didn't reply out loud, but she personally couldn't help but think that Jake's explanation was one of the worst she had ever heard before. His excuse was that the guy was scared and he didn't feel like believing that what was happening was reality? What? If anything, what he said made Marion think that he was more of a jerk. Sure, he said that he never did anything like that, but almost all jerks said something along those lines. Still, her thoughts on Jake where interrupted when Jake then said, "Thanks for spreading the word about Mad. I just want to make sure that she's safe."

In reply, Marion nodded, and said, "No problem. It's good to see that you don't just abandon the people who you're close to, it seems like that happens all the time here..."

She could give him that much...
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Un67. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
peregrineink*

Post by peregrineink* »

Jake frowned at her last statement. Had that happened to her so quickly in the game? It made him sorry for her. Then again, it wasn't as though he knew whether Madelyn or Shawn or any of them were looking for him, but he could retain hope, at least that much.

The idea that all of his friends, Shawn, Madelyn, Mikaela, Zach, Mae....the idea that they were all on the same team was pretty much impossible. Especially if the teams were random. He refused to allow himself to think of what would be an acceptable amount of people on his team (Madelyn and Shawn, hopefully Mikaela) and just pray that someone else killed the others.

The idea that Mae was in this game chilled him. Her mercenary style was basically picture perfect for this kind of game. How could he go through it and retain trust in her? He hoped that the two of them never met on the island. He had a feeling that if he did, her face would be the last thing he saw as she stabbed him. Or shot him. Or beat him to death with something ridiculous that would make everyone at home laugh. Hopefully she had not found Shawn yet, he figured that would be the first person she killed.

It was worrisome to say the least.

"Did that happen to you?" God, it was such a lame thing of him to say. Why would this girl straight up talk to him about her problems when the first thing she had seen him do was wave a gun at someone? "If it did, you can travel with me for a while, we're not on the same teams..." he indicated the bandanna around his upper right arm. "But seriously, is anyone actually planning on following that?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler peregrineink. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Un67*

Post by Un67* »

After Marion mentioned to Jake the fact that many people abandoned the people the cared about, he frowned and replied to her, "Did that happen to you?" He then continued before Marion could get a chance to reply back, "If it did, you can travel with me for a while, we're not on the same teams..." After that, he pointed at his bandana, and said, "But seriously, is anyone actually planning on following that?"

Then, Marion finally got a chance to reply, and said, "Well, I didn't mean that it happened to me personally, just in general about this show. I barely ever watch it, but the most striking thing is how so many people just totally forget what they care about or for that matter what they should care about." She then paused briefly for a moment, feeling uncomfortable on the subject, before continuing on a different note, "We might want to travel together anyways, though, it's probably safer for the both of us. And as for the whole team thing, well, I really don't know, but I definitely am going to at least try to find my team..."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Un67. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
peregrineink*

Post by peregrineink* »

"Oh."

Well, that was a resounding "Yes. I plan on finding my team and then killing everyone that isn't on my team." This did not sit well with Jake, then again, there had been 65 seasons of this thing and he was pretty sure this exchange had happened so many times before. Then again, there were never teams.

There was something attractive about the idea of teams, you wouldn't have to kill everyone and there was a certain awesome feeling about not being alone. Sure, he was interested to see who was on his team, but what if they were all strangers? How could he work together with people he didn't know to kill people he did?

He looked out over the lake again, and the first strains of a song started forming in his mind.
Alone on an island built for two
Me and you, Mads, me and you.

Those words were too lame to function. He hated them as soon as they came to mind.

"Well, I'm thinking about moving on from here. Can't stay in one place too long I guess. Want to come?"
Un67*

Post by Un67* »

After Marion told him her intentions, Jake said with a tinge of ...disappointment? in his voice, "Oh." Marion knew that what she said implied that she would try to eventually kill the people in the other teams, but she didn't know whether she could bring herself to do so. Then again, who did? She had a feeling most people were similarly conflicted, but then again she could never be sure. Marion then glanced over at Jake, who was looking back over at the lake and was obviously thinking. Still, soon enough Jake then said to Marion, "Well, I'm thinking about moving on from here. Can't stay in one place too long I guess. Want to come?"

Marion nodded, and said, "Yeah, sure, why not, I won't mind. Any idea of where you might want to go?"
peregrineink*

Post by peregrineink* »

Jake hadn't really thought about it, so now he unshouldered his bag and dug around for a map. He found it at the bottom of his bag and once again made a metal note to actually see what else was in there. There was at least some sort of can of soda....he hoped it was Sprite.

Smoothing out the map on his thigh, he looked at it.

"I uh.... here!"

He pointed. The inland lake. Another lake? Well, it was time to commit.

"Well, I'm headed to the other lake, it's a little ways up north and maybe has cabins or something."

Jake didn't necessarily know why cabins were important, but he liked lakes, and maybe would eventually end up on the beach, who knew? There weren't many rules to this thing, really only that you had to kill non-team members. Moving was important, so he righted his bag, held on to his map and looked over at Marion.

"Shall we?" He jittered with energy so he didn't really wait for an answer, just started on in the direction of the lake. She had a big sword, she obviously felt weird about him, so he eased the gun out of its hiding place and held on to it tightly. Sure, she wouldn't attack him, and if she did would he even be ready to fight back? No, not with a girl. His dad taught him never to hit a girl.

Would that kill him here?

Eh, it didn't matter.

He looked over his shoulder to see if she was coming, before tramping off into the wild unknown...

(YLW5: JAKE LANGSTON continued in Breathless)
Un67*

Post by Un67* »

After Marion asked Jake on where he wanted to go, he took his bag and searched for a map. Marion patiently waited for a few seconds, until Jake announced, "I uh.... here!", and pointed out another lake, the inland one to be precise. He then continued,"Well, I'm headed to the other lake, it's a little ways up north and maybe has cabins or something." After a moment of thought, Marion nodded, deciding that she couldn't really point out any better places. It then took a moment for Jake to collect his things and right his bag, when he looked over at Marion and asked Marion, "Shall we?", before continuing without waiting for a reply, obviously filled with energy and maybe a bit of nervousness. Marion replied to him simply by saying, "Yeah," but by then Jake was already a couple of steps before her. She then saw him look over his shoulder at her, presumably to see whether or not she was following, and decided to start moving a little faster to keep pace, although it wasn't exactly easy with a massive sword. Still, she kept going and followed Jake, doing all she could to try to avoid thinking too much of all the things that might happen next...

(BRN04: Marion Clayton continued in Breathless.)

Return to “The Coastal Lake”