Sunny's relateionship thread!

back at it again with the last minute kiddo

This is the board to discuss and plan for SOTF-TV, both the actual games and related lore projects.
Sunnybunny

Sunny's relateionship thread!

Post by Sunnybunny »

Cassini Evans is a tiny and boyish-looking, aggressively country-sounding girl who doesn't give two fucks about authority figures, yet is squarely in the middle of rankings regardless. She probably knows your characters zodiac sign! She watches SOTF, but she will openly admit super fans of the show are weird to her. She has a tiktok where she does those rollerskating videos, she's fairly popular on it and pretty good at it.

Privately, she lives off of her sister being a sugar baby. They live with her grandmother, who walks and talks oddly as the lingering affects of a major stroke.

She's in the 11 grade if that matters at all!

She needs relationships of all sorts, but I'd especially appreciate: more timid friends that she could speak up for, people for her to bicker with in either a friendly or antagonistic sense, people who openly think they're better than her, outdoorsy types, someone to indulge her zodiac nonsense...

Let me know! Hit me up!
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

she will openly admit super fans of the show are weird to her

rip she would probably be weirded out by vasily (11th grade) oof. He's a bicker-er, but idk if its friendly or antagonistic? You decide

Leah is socially invisible. A literal wallflower. If you get too close to her She Will Die so sorry no friendship points here (shed appreciate a teeny tiny crumb of affection tho)
Sunnybunny

Post by Sunnybunny »

Yonagoda wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:33 pm she will openly admit super fans of the show are weird to her

rip she would probably be weirded out by vasily (11th grade) oof. He's a bicker-er, but idk if its friendly or antagonistic? You decide

Leah is socially invisible. A literal wallflower. If you get too close to her She Will Die so sorry no friendship points here (shed appreciate a teeny tiny crumb of affection tho)
She would be weirded out by Vasily's super duper fanhood but like... he's got a Look and he's committed to it, she'd probably be cool with him regardless so I can see bickering being friendly if that's what you'd like. She would tell him to go outside once in a while though, fandom being life ain't healthy!

Poor Leah... she can be waved at all friendly-like, as a treat.
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

I can see her being weirded out by Seth's fascination with the behind the scene stuff with SOTF despite him hating the later seasons of it, but I can also see him being impressed by how vocal she is about the ranking system which he feels similar about.

Leo(when he's done) is pretty outdoorsy so I can see something coming from that.
Sunnybunny

Post by Sunnybunny »

Ohm wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:48 pm I can see her being weirded out by Seth's fascination with the behind the scene stuff with SOTF despite him hating the later seasons of it, but I can also see him being impressed by how vocal she is about the ranking system which he feels similar about.

Leo(when he's done) is pretty outdoorsy so I can see something coming from that.
Yeah, she's not like... an SOTF-TV anti! It's more like hey guys... people really be dying... guys??? But yeah her and Seth can bond over the system being shit. It's like some weird anime school, right?

When Leo's done they can go like... whatever the heck camping would be in Miami!
Applesintime
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Applesintime »

Anthony and her can perhaps bond over thinking superfans are weird, although he's probably a lot more vocal about it than her, being extremely anti-SOTF and all that. They might bicker about her casual like of the show, but I get the feeling it'd be more friendly debate than actual heat.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
P011: Charlotte "Charlie" Vandermeyer - Road Flares (x10) + BluRay Copy of John Carpenter's The Thing - is bemoaning the goddamn MREs in Beasts All Over the Shop
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances
Anna Hitchins has some totes cool ideas!

SOTF-TV
John MacMillan Jr. doesn't have much to say.
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International
O06: Deirbhile Callahan - 50 Valentines Cards - "This is my fucking life. It’s mine to live. It’s mine to fucking take, too." She resisted in Slán Abhaile. [24/29]
Intl: 1 2 3

SOTF-TV V3
BC09: Gregory Miller - Bolas - "Why?" He landed in splat. [17/81]
Sandbox: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

BC04: Anthony Golden - Fake Nautical Mask - The so-called hero. He met his fate in All The World's a Stage. [4/81]
Memories: 1
Sandbox: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SOTF Supers
S009: Stephen Sanders - Osteokinesis - "Nobody's going to kill just because furries told us to." He went home. - Kids Like You Should Be Burning in Hell.
Supers: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Aftermath: 1 2
Fenrir
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by Fenrir »

I think it would be interest to have your astrologer butt heads with my astronomer due to a misunderstanding of the latters interests. Any scenario that leads to a prominent alien conspiracist claiming someone else's beliefs are illogical should be good for a laugh and if you want someone to bicker with then it should make for a good source of conflict.

Sarah doesn't stand up for herself as much as she used to, so any scene of the two arguing would likely have taken place in the past. I'd like it if they could have become friend after that point as well, as they could continue to bicker about their respective beliefs in a more light-hearted way and Sarah is fairly timid now compared to her old self if you want Cassini to have someone to stand up for.

I also have a tomboy who would probably get along with Cassini as well, but I don't have any ideas about how they might interact.
[+] Supers
SS33: Andrew Martin - The sound of silence
Gift: Hush
[+] TV3
MM02: Sarah Lillian Whitlock - Is anybody out there?
Weapon - WASP Injection Knife
Team - Malcolm's Mariners
Current Location - There's a Fire in the Sky That Only I Can See
Memory Location - Close encounters

ES10: Akeno Kudo - Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy.
Weapon - Wire Garotte
Team - Emmy's Selkies
Current Location - Upset
Memory Location - Coulomb's Law

Relationship Thread
[+] INTL
O28: Zander Lin - Don't you know who I am?
Weapon - None
AnimeNerd
Team Affiliation: Claudia's Krakens

Post by AnimeNerd »

Getting RJ out of the way because, while he'd think she's cool for those rollerskating tiktok videos and standing up to authority figures in the school (especially the principal), but they don't really have the same interests. Maybe he's interested in what she has to say about astrology and how it works, but other than that it's pretty much another relationship where he's on good terms with someone but not really close with them

Jasper, meanwhile, could be friends with her. He's definitely going to see eye-to-eye with her towards authority figures, at least with Mangrove Garden. He already doesn't like the school, and the ranking system just seems like something stupid to him, so they'll get along with that. He's a big fan of SOTF, but isn't a super fan either. Probably flirted with her at some point, but even if she rejected him he'd be happy to talk with her as just a friend. Maybe a more friendly-bickering type friend? Also loves swimming, rugby, and fútbol, so if that counts for outdoorsy-type activities, then there's that. All around, I think they could get along well with each other!
[+] The Living
Joel Foster is having a reunion while it's time to call the police
Megumi Eto is wishing she could GTFO
[+] The Dead
RJ Blackburn was axed a question in The Jarvis Method
Jasper Suárez-King was silenced in When Betting On High Card Pays Off
Jia Li Qiáo took a tumble off in Rouge Angles of Satin
[+] The Future
Colton "Colt" Smirnov is ready to aim and fire
Roselia Watson is trying to run away from it all
Titania Zabelle is going to show the world her talent
Maud Sparrow Jr. is already painting her own portrait