Wake Up

After is the place to tell the stories of the surviving PV3 Prologue students. After threads may be set from the point at which the helicopters take off with students onboard until roughly the current moment of time in PV3 Proper (or even further, with staff approval). Please carefully review the rules for important information related to use of the After forum. Characters in After may be in up to two threads simultaneously, and may have one-shots at any point, regardless of being in other active threads.
Aura

Wake Up

Post by Aura »

(Kassandra Vaitaki: Awaken)

After the rescuers came, things started to get very fuzzy for Kassandra. They managed to seal her wounds and get her on the helicopter, but not long into their journey, she started to have trouble focusing, and she started to feel very tired. She wound up passing out in the helicopter in mid-flight, and almost everything after that was blank. She remembers hearing a lot of movement and some people freaking out, but after that, nothing.

The next time she felt something, she was stirring on a mattress, a blanket laid over her up to her chest. She rubbed her eyes with one hand and blinked a few times, things having not come into focus yet. However, she was able to immediately come to at least one realization.

She was in a bed. The helicopter did not have beds. Therefore, she was no longer on the helicopter.

She had no knowledge of anything that had happened since she blacked out, so her immediate response was fear. Had they really been taken to safety? Had the military found them and sabotaged them? Were they even going to be safe in the first place? When she was able to summon the strength to do so, she picked herself up and sat in bed, letting her vision fully return to her. The bright lights made it difficult for her to keep her eyes open until they adjusted, so it took a few moments for her to be able to open them fully.

Once she did manage to see properly again, she was greeted by a familiar face.
Katie

Post by Katie »

"You're awake!" Marion said excitedly. She'd stayed by Kassandra's side from pretty much the moment they were rescued, hoping she'd be okay. "How're you feeling?"
Aura

Post by Aura »

"Marion!" Kassandra said in shock. Marion was here, so she took that to mean that they were probably in a safe place, or at least she hoped as much. "I dunno. I still feel pretty wrecked." She groaned and ran a hand through her hair, scratching a an itch on her head. "I'm guessing that I was probably out for a while. Can you let me in on what's happened?"
Katie

Post by Katie »

"The English army rescued us and took us to this place, seems to be some kind of hospital-slash-safehouse. They told us we're gonna have to stay here for a bit until they're sure it's safe for us to leave. In the meantime they've been giving you top notch medical attention, and they think you'll be okay," Marion said, smiling at her. "They'll probably come in here to check on you again soon."
Aura

Post by Aura »

"Safehouse?"

The word echoed through Kassandra's mind twice, first when Marion said it, and again when she repeated it herself. After the Program, safety was a concept that she had a hard time grasping, but from what Marion told her, they might have actually found it. But even so, she needed confirmation, and more importantly, comfort.

"So we're safe?" She asked. "The General's goons can't find us here?"
Katie

Post by Katie »

"Yeah, we should be," Marion confirmed. "We're safer here than we were in America, at least."
Aura

Post by Aura »

Kassandra laid her head back, feeling slightly comforted by the idea that the General couldn't touch them. But she still had more on her mind, because things were far from being easy now.

"What happens to us now? We don't have a home anymore, do we?" Her nerves were creeping into her voice.
Katie

Post by Katie »

"I guess for now, this place is our home," Marion said, looking down somberly.
Aura

Post by Aura »

Kass glanced around the room. Everything looked so... lifeless. So sterile. Sure, it was a medical bay, so that was kind of to be expected. However, it didn't feel like a place that she could really see herself calling home.

But then again, the only place she had ever called home had featured two very important things: Her mom and her dad. Now Kassandra had to learn what a normal life without them would be like, if she could even come close to calling what was happening to her now a normal life.

"What about you?" Kass tried to change the subject so that she wouldn't dwell on it. "Did they check on you too? Are you all right?"
Katie

Post by Katie »

"Yeah, I'm all right for the most part, really only had some scrapes and bruises here and there," Marion said with a shrug.
Aura

Post by Aura »

Kassandra smiled at Marion. She was okay. Well, mostly okay. She wasn't badly harmed, and that was good enough for her. "Good. I don't know what I would have done if something had happened to you." She replied, relieved.

She tried to shift her position, but winced when a pain shot up her leg and through her spine. In addition, her leg felt stiff and hard to move. She gritted her teeth and squeezed her eyes shut at the sudden sensation, and instinctively stopped moving to try to dim the pain. She looked up at Marion with worry.

"Marion... how bad am I right now?"
Katie

Post by Katie »

"You're in pretty rough shape right now, but you should recover, at least that's what the doctors say," Marion replied.
Aura

Post by Aura »

"I hope so..." Kassandra said worriedly. "I don't want to think about not being able to walk. I'm not sure I'd be able to handle it."

She hung her head for a second, thinking about that possibility, before raising her eyes to meet Marion's again. "So what are you gonna be doing until I'm back on my feet?"

Return to “After (Prologue)”