And the earth did not devour him.

Oneshot

After is the place to tell the stories of the surviving PV3 Prologue students. After threads may be set from the point at which the helicopters take off with students onboard until roughly the current moment of time in PV3 Proper (or even further, with staff approval). Please carefully review the rules for important information related to use of the After forum. Characters in After may be in up to two threads simultaneously, and may have one-shots at any point, regardless of being in other active threads.
backslash
Team Affiliation: Shiva's Sirens

And the earth did not devour him.

Post by backslash »

“Um… hey, God.

“It’s, uh. It’s been a while since I said anything to You directly, I guess. Sorry about that. I just wanted to say… hey? I haven’t forgotten about You even though I’ve thought some stuff that might get me in trouble. And I guess I want to say thanks. For, y’know, not letting me and all of my classmates die.

“…I probably could have come up with some better stuff to say beforehand.

“What I really wanted to say though, is that I’d really appreciate any kind of guidance You have to give me right now. And please… please take care of my family. They’re good people. Dylan’s a good little kid, and Mom and Dad did their best to raise us right. Even if we did wrong by running away, and this was a whole temptation situation that we weren’t supposed to give into, my family didn’t do anything wrong, and I don’t-

“…

“I don’t want anything to happen to them because I messed up. Please.

“And, um. Howie, I guess you’re in heaven now chilling? I’m sorry that… that stuff turned out the way it did. Glad I got to see you before… you know.

“I miss you, bud. You were a good friend.

“Sandy… Santiago.

“I dunno what to say to you, but I figured I should say something. We hadn’t talked in a while, huh? I didn’t… I hadn’t heard. That you’d died, I mean. They didn’t make the announcement before the Brits showed up.

“I’d say that I wish we’d have stayed friends back in school, but I guess that wouldn’t have worked out with you. I’m…

“Well, I won’t pretend I’m not a little sore about it still. But I think I understand, and I hope you’re doing okay too.

“JB. I didn't get to see you either, but I heard about it when you... yeah. I know you're up there making people laugh now. I dunno if I'd have had anything real good to say, but I would've liked to see you again. You were always cool, and you made me smile.

“I hope... I hope there wasn't a lot of pain. For all of you.

“…

“I don’t know if I have a message for anyone else. I feel like I should. Just three people seems like…

“They said that we were one of the biggest Programs ever, and about… about half of the participants died.

“…

“The Brits had to shoot some.

“Well.

“‘Had to.’ I dunno if they had to. But they thought that they did, because they were in danger or the person they shot would have killed someone else. And God, I… I hope You forgive them. For doing what they thought they had to do to save us.

“I’m not strong enough to forgive everyone yet, or myself when I think that I’ve done wrong by being here. So please. Until I can, please show them Your grace.

“Oh, um. I know I already asked about my family, but if You could maybe… I dunno, give them a sign somehow that I’m okay? The Brits told us that everyone back home isn’t going to know what really happened. That our government… that the US government is going to cover it up.

“I.

“When I think about it, sometimes I want to ask if they ever really were ‘my’ government, but I don’t know how else to think about them. I thought I was okay dying for them. I thought that I had to. I don’t know what to do or what to think about it now. That’s why I need Your help.

“…

“…

“I think… that’s all I have to say right now. So. Yeah.

“In Jesus’s name, I pray.

“Amen.”

Return to “After (Prologue)”