Wendigo

A veritable Garden of Eden, the highest point of the woodlands gives way to a large clearing comprised of only a handful of lush trees and a large field of bright wildflowers. Also offering a beautiful view of the island, it’s the perfect place to plan one’s next move and an even lovelier place to die.
watcher in night†

Post by watcher in night† »

Meera understood why he wanted to go after Theo, but as Garrett explained his plan she became worried.

"You shouldn't go off on your own, without any useful weapons," Meera said. "Your plan is very risky. Theo has a gun. Who's to say he won't just kill you? Or that someone else will? You shouldn't needlessly throw your life away."

But Garrett had sounded very, very committed to his course of action and Meera doubted she could convince him otherwise.

"If you have to do this, we should come with you. There's greater safety in numbers, right?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler watcher in night. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
umop-ap!sdn†

Post by umop-ap!sdn† »

Joey nodded again. He liked this group. They had different ideas of how to function, perhaps, but it seemed that they intended to stay together for the most part. Being alone was nearly as bad as being dead, being in a group meant common goals and motivation not to let others down.

It was why he'd loved football growing up. Then it became too competitive and too demanding, and Joey couldn't handle being the slowest on the team. He'd quit because he felt he was dragging them down, and that made him feel horribly guilty. Then he'd tried to come back to help the team out as water-boy, but that only instilled further feelings of inferiority.

This team was different. They were smaller, more cooperative, and more desperate. Relying on one another would be the only dependable resource they had. Despite the small trust they had among each other, that trust was worth infinitely more in this game. Now that they had a common goal of finding and calming down Theo, they'd be even more effective as a group.

"Dunno where he is, but I know what way he went. Let's go."

Kiki was lifted up out of the grass, and Joey's strap was adjusted over his thick shoulder as he moved away from the peak clearing.

He didn't know what was in store, but he had a goal, and that was enough to keep him distracted from the potential horrors lurking elsewhere.

((Joey Caputo continued in Where on the Island is Carmen Sandiego?))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler umop-ap!sdn. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

Garrett shrugged at Meera's protests. "Death is a plausible consequence of this plan, but it's likely no matter what, isn't it? I'm not going to kill anyone, so even if I survive I'll just be thrown onto the next island. Those are the rules. So like I told Iselle, the threat of death lost its luster around the time people started waving guns at me."

He began to shake his head, about to object to the idea of them coming along when Joey saddled his gear and told them to follow along.

I suppose we've got a guide.

He grabbed his bag and nodded to Meera. "Right. I'm not comfortable asking anyone to come with me on this. I'll play with my life, but not someone else's. If you're set on this though, let's go. At least until we find Theo."

With that, he followed Joey out of the clearing, idly thumbing through the booklet he'd found.

((Garrett Wilde Continued in Where on the island is Carmen San Diego? ))
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
watcher in night†

Post by watcher in night† »

Meera knew that the plan was risky.

She knew it was likely she'd end up dead.

But she'd always been a risk taker. Meera was growing restless, and this new goal gave her purpose.

"Gotcha," she said, grinning. "Until we find Theo. Then...we'll see."

((Meera continued in Where on the island is Carmen Sandiego?))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler watcher in night. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “The Peak Clearing”