2.2 The Cabin

The first version of Discord Of The Fittest, known now as V0.
SOTF: Discord

2.2 The Cabin

Post by SOTF: Discord »

A single cabin has been built on the mountains close to the spring of the river. This was the home of one of the islands last inhabitants. While the terrorists made sure to clean the place from anything that could be used for an escape or to contact the outside world, the garden of the house was left untouched. Even a short look makes it clear that this house was inhabited mere weeks ago, giving it a somewhat lonely vibe.
Furthermore, the cabin's position offers a view at almost the entire island. However, the big draw of the place is that descending the mountains from the cabin takes around thirty minutes, meaning that getting out of the area in the case of the entire mountains becoming a Danger Zone is possible, but difficult.

[+] Everything Is Worth Destroying.
Nigel Sullivan wrote:Name:
Everything Is Worth Destroying.

Time:
Night One.

Oneshot.
Nigel Sullivan wrote:[B003 - SULLIVAN, NIGEL: CONTINUED FROM "When You Talk, All I See Is Red."]

Nigel found himself at the cabin, a look of resolution in his eyes. He stormed towards the door and saw two containers. One was some large, black catering box, the same kind they used for school lunches to keep them from getting cold. The other one was rectangular, flat, a rifle case. He knew what it was for, the reward that he'd never asked for or wanted.

He'd show them what he thought of it.

He walked towards the box and opened it, saw inside a large pizza box and a bottle of soda. At first, he wanted to throw them away, but he frowned and shook his head. He slung his bag onto the ground and placed them inside.

"I wanted to get rid of it, but someone might need it more than me, so I'll take it. I won't take a fucking scrap for myself," Nigel said, with a rage in his eyes.

He walked over to the rifle case and popped open the latches to reveal a massive gun. It was a sniper rifle, he could tell by the scope.

He glared daggers at the camera.

"You gave it to me for a reason, I know it," he spat, the contempt evident in his voice, "because you think I'll keep killing, right? You think I'll turn into some monster just because you told me?"

He paused for a moment, took in air.

"Fuck you, fuck you, you sick pieces of shit!"

He screamed into the empty air.
────────────────────────────────────────────────
He'd never really been the type of person who liked destroying things. He always preferred to build them or create them.

This time, he made an exception.

He picked up the rifle by the barrel, raised it over his shoulder like a greatsword, then swung it at a camera.

"Fuck you!"

The force of the swing detached the camera, sending it clattering to the ground.

His collar beeped once.

He pivoted towards another camera and swung again, even harder.

"Fuck your game!"

The camera cracked open, and electronic organs spilled onto the dirt, the crackle of dying electricity audible.

His collar beeped twice.

He swung a third time towards another camera but went wide, causing the butt of the rifle to slam into a tree. The synthetic stock and receiver cracked open and fell apart, and small bits of plastic and loose internal machinery clattered against the wooden roots.

Nigel panted for a moment, out of breath, face red with exhaustion. He tossed the rifle onto the soil, pulled the magazine from the case, and scattered the bullets on the ground. He then picked up his bag, slung it over his shoulder, and left.

As his heart rate slowed, he realized just how close he'd been to death.

[B003 - SULLIVAN, NIGEL: CONTINUED in "cool games for attractive people."]

[+] Journey
Ashley Wright wrote:Name: Journey
Time: Dawn of day 2
Ashley Wright wrote:Ashley Wright/Claude Sanders — 01/19/2022 10:06 AM
Ashley had kept her pace through the night, wandering through the forest. Whoever was at the factory, whoever she hit, she had not seen or from them since. Which could only be good, she walloped that person pretty hard with the record. The thing shattered for cripes sake, she did not expect that.

Now she had a few enemies wandering around that she did not know about, barely knew how they looked or how armed they are. Which was, you know, not that great.

Ashley could sense her tiredness. She had run at first through the night before she collided with a tree. After that, she kept a careful pace that only got slower as time went on. Her feet hurt and her shoes did not help with that sensation, sometimes requiring her to take breaks. Her eyes got increasingly cloudy as time went on, needing to blink multiple times to see clearly. She rubbed against them with her right hand, knuckles pulling specks out from the corners of her eyes.

She needed a new place to stay. Someplace secure and nice and preferably with a bed of some sort, and if not that, at least a comfortable floor.

But it looked like she would not get that before dawn. The loudspeakers crackled their way to life and this voice started describing all of these... things. Deaths and murders. The ways they were done, who did what. Never a why or anything like that. Like he was a news reporter telling you facts.
Ashley wished she could turn off her ears and not listen to this unpleasant voice, but information like this was necessary. She needed to know which classmates she had that had lost it, who were beyond saving. So, she listened and made mental notes of people to look for.

As time went on, she ventured from woods to a mountain climb which certainly did not help the feeling of her feet falling apart. Moments of cursing herself for going this path was only subsided once her sights set on this cabin that was on there. A river was nearby which she looked at for a while, saw how it went from the mountains down towards the forest. It was a nice sight for sore eyes.

When Ashley was close and she could see the cabin properly, it was a sad sight. Almost sadder than the factory. That was a bustling workplace at some point, but this... this was a home for somebody, and now they were gone. Left to whatever this nonsense was.

And it was hers, for now. She ventured closer towards the door and slowly opened it.
Flora Katsura wrote:Laurels | Flora — 01/19/2022 6:36 PM
((Flora Katsura continued from Where the Crawdads Sing))

Flora laid on the floor of the cabin. She had arrived here some time after she fled the beach, and collapsed once she got in. She collapsed inside the cabin and remained there since.

All she could do was cry. After all, she was a murderer now. Everyone would know she killed that girl on the beach, and then they'd come to kill her.

"Okay, let them," Flora thought to herself.

She hadn't moved in hours. She heard the cabin door start to open. Maybe this was the person who would punish her for her crime.
Ashley Wright wrote:Ashley Wright/Claude Sanders — 01/20/2022 5:07 PM
Ashley froze near the door that was a quarter of the way open. Even though it creaked and sounded like the loudest thing in the world from where she stood, what had her attention was the sound from indoors. It was similar to the sound the person from the night before had made but more clear.

They were crying.

What should she do? Go inside and check or leave? Inside sounded... unconsolable, the way their crying went. But if she left and someone in there was really hurt or in danger, that would be on her.

...Darn it.

The door continued its creak as Ashley opened it halfway and peaked her head inside the room. The first thing she saw was the figure on the floor, their shoulders shook as their crying continued. A quick look behind to see if there was anybody outside before she cleared her throat and asked out loud:

"Hey! Are you alright in there?" She gave a quick wave along with her question with her left arm.
Flora Katsura wrote:Laurels | Flora — 02/03/2022 11:08 AM
“No. Not at all.”

Flora remained on the floor.

“If you’re gonna kill me, you have my consent.”
Ashley Wright wrote:Ashley Wright/Claude Sanders — 02/05/2022 2:58 AM
The more she looked inside, the more clear how empty the cabin really was. There was furniture about, but nothing that could be useful. Dust bunnies had started collecting, and small specks were floating about.

Most notable, though, was the girl lying there that did not seem to care.

"Consent?" She asked taking tentative steps into the room, the door left half-open as she did so. Dirt caking the bottom of her shoes, and the boards creaking underneath as she stepped forward.

"Y-you want to die?" Wide-eyed she asked, the prone girl hadn't moved an inch since she showed signs of life. Did she want to throw all of that away?
Flora Katsura wrote:Laurels | Flora — 02/15/2022 6:30 AM
"Maybe. I don't know. I probably should," Flora said.

Flora rolled over and looked at the person who came in.

"But if you're not, then I think you should stay away from me. I can't trust myself to be around others."
Ashley Wright wrote:Ashley Wright/Claude Sanders — 02/16/2022 6:06 AM
"Flora?" Ashley said reflexively as she stared at the girl in her tear-stained eyes. She had rolled over and she could see the face of someone who was a classmate. She did gardening as part of the club, as far as Ashley knew, she was harmless.

"What happened? What do you mean you can't be trusted around others?" The way she spoke, the way she acted, the way everything was around here? It probably was something severely bad, but Ashley could dream.
Flora Katsura wrote:Laurels | Flora — 03/01/2022 3:18 PM
"I killed someone," Flora said. "Impaled them on a pitchfork because I was scared."

Flora stared at the girl. If the girl was gonna kill her, this was her chance.

"It's going to be told to everyone in a bit, so that's probably when everyone's going to try to kill me on sight. So you may want to decide whether or not to keep me alive or if you want to stay around me."
Ashley Wright wrote:Ashley Wright/Claude Sanders — 03/02/2022 1:58 AM
"I... see." Ashley was not sure what to do. Flora seemed convinced that the only choices were to leave her here to die or to kill her. With what? Her bare hands? She threw away her weapon in the dead of night and it hit somebody with it. She's got nothing to threaten her with.

Not that she wanted to. It was still Flora. She mentioned a pitchfork, but Ashley could not see anything like that lying around. She wasn't cradling it or anything, so Flora was in the same boat as her.

"I don't see a weapon on you."

The only difference being the blood on Flora's hands. It was tempting to run away after that little fact, she had simpered away from people for less, back home. But something compelled her to stay. Maybe she could turn this around.

"What if I stay and I don't... kill you. What are you going to do then?"
Flora Katsura wrote:Laurels | Flora — 03/02/2022 7:22 AM
Flora paused and kept silent for almost a full minute.

"...I guess....just stay here on the floor then."

Flora adjusted her position and pulled her knees closer to her chest. Her gaze broke away from Ashley and towards a scratch on the floor.
Ashley Wright wrote:Ashley Wright/Claude Sanders — 03/05/2022 1:12 PM
A pang of annoyance hit Ashley at this point. Flora looked away from her, content with the floor instead. Content with wasting away in this cabin, along with the dust and grime. This conversation was going nowhere fast and she was not sure how she could even get to her. Maybe... another tactic?

"You can do that," She started, small and simple. Kneeling down closer to her level, but an even distance away.

"Or, you can leave, try and repent for what you've done. Better than staying in this hut I think."

Whether this would help her or not... who knows. Ashley was growing more and more uncertain by the moment, it didn't feel right to think that way of Flora, but nothing so far has given her much to work with.

"Staring at cracks in the floor."

It was up to her in the end.

"I'll leave it to you, though." Ashley stood up, gave a small stretch with her arms. She took precarious steps backward, keeping her eyes on Flora

"Your choice after all." Her back hit the door and she turned around to walk out of the building with unhesitating steps.

A bit away from the cabin, she did turn to look at it. A fine place to stay all things considered... but all of this had put her off from it. Another place would have to serve that purpose, hopefully, without any more reminders of how lost, they all really were.

((Ashley Wright continued elsewhere...))
Flora Katsura wrote:Laurels | Flora — 03/05/2022 1:45 PM
Ashley left. She did have a good point that Flora could try to repent for her actions. Flora knew that was true, but how she could repent was hard to say. Everyone was going to want to kill her, and if she was to repent, it would mean everyone else would have to die. Sure, she could go home and do "good deeds" or whatever to repent, but it wouldn't really mean much.

With that, Flora sighed and remained on the floor. Hours later, the announcement came on, announcing Flora's act of murder. More people were dead too. Flora could feel herself starting to cry again.

That's when the announcements changed. They said Flora had won an award. Some food and something to kill others with. Flora felt sickened by it. But the stuff was in an area only Flora could go to. That sounded fitting at least.

Flora pulled herself off the floor and gathered her stuff. She had to get to the cave. Hiding away in a dark cave would be appropriate for a monster like her.

((Flora Katsura continued elsewhere))

Return to “V0 Archive”