The 72nd SOTF Songtest: 420 Songtest It

SOTF's own Eurovision-style song contest. Submit songs that fit the theme and get mercilessly judged on your taste in music here.
Buko

Post by Buko »

[+] Left to Get Munchies and Never Returned
12th- Super High (Sativa Remix) by Rick Ross feat. Curren$y and Wiz Khalifa submitted by yours truly and since I pre-gamed so hard and forgot to eat or bring a beverage I insisted that we all walk to the gas station vastly underestimating it's distance due to my hubris and high level of innate THC content. This song received 49 points including one 12, 10 and 8!
11th- I Wanna Smoke by Gangsta Pat submitted by MS who was down to go to the gas station in theory but also had fairly strong opinions on snacks and what type of cigarillos we bought for the forthcoming post-session session. This song received 51 points including one 12 and a 10!
10th- My Homeboys Chevy by Andre Nickatina feat. Mac Dre and submitted by Pan who had a vehicle but also had the foresight and responsibility to not drive under the influence. It was appreciated at first but the point he made lost its appreciation with passionate repetition. This song received 59 points including one 12 and a 10!
9th- It Was a Good Day by Ice Cube submitted by Burn who just brought a positive attitude and general experience to the whole journey as a whole along with an offer for his mother to cook a pork free breakfast the following morning. This song received 61 points including one 12 and a 10!
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Lookin' for the opps, they been hidin'
I grew up 'round drugs, sex, and violence
We turnt off they street, we heard sirens
Since a juvenile, I been wylin'
Buko

Post by Buko »

[+] This When Shit Got Pretty Crazy
8th- Sunday Morning Coming Down by Johnny Cash submitted by Ricky who brought the Cash to the session and logically expected to last because of it--before realizing this was a contest not of spending but of stamina. This song received 64.5 points including one 12, three 10s and an 8!
7th- Vision Fiberoptics by The Polish Ambassador feat. Sean Haefeli submitted by Boogie who overcame my high ass having their song listed wrong for pretty much the duration of the contest and even goin to this final--but that chill attitude wasn't enough against the all consuming powers of concentrated cannabis. This song received 65 points including one 12 and one 8!
6th place (Lost Tiebreaker) - We Be Burnin' by Sean Paul submitted by Fenris and no shit--I can't even make a joke about this shit because this result in the 420 test was just so nuts in and of itself. This song received 69 (nice) points including one 10 and two 8s.
5th Place (Won Tiebreaker) - I Was Stoned and I Missed It by Shel Silverstein submitted by Skrall and shit bro, like I said there, can't even script this shit. The receiver of the rare double 69 (nice x 2) points including winning the tiebreaker off two 12s and two 10s.
Off to the top 4 yo!
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Buko

Post by Buko »

[+] Also in the Category of Like You Cannot Make This Up My Guy and You Def Had to be There Like Forreal
4th Place (Lost Tiebreaker) - Mary Jane Holland by Lady Gaga submitted by Kami--the third tie of four within the top five of the contest. I had to break the gimmick completely for this shit, I most def did not expect it! This song received 72 points including one 12 and 10 along with two 8s and a public 12!
3rd Place (Won Tiebreaker) - Welcome to Plastic Beach by Gorillaz feat. Snoop Dogg submitted by DaFrog--double 69 the last batch and a double batch of ties after this one. This song also received 72 points and won the tiebreaker off of two 12s and an 8!
And then there was two...
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Buko

Post by Buko »

[+] Ja Abide and You Know Da Vibes
2nd- Smoke Two Joints by The Toyes submitted by Irene and this song most definitely accurately describes my Post-Canes loss smoking schedule to a T. No ties here and not even close to the third and fourth place finishers--this song received 79.5 points including one 12 and 10 along with two 8s. But the lesson?

You can't out smoke a goddamn Marley--let alone two.

Winner - Medication by Damian Marley feat. Stephen Marley submitted by Paige. This song received 93 points including two 12s, two 10s and two 8s--and smoked us all the fuck under the table!
Congrats to the winner, I hope you all had fun and I'll put up the charts sometime soon...

MAMBA OUT!
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'

Return to “Song Contests”