V7 Thirteenth Announcement

Announcement and Fluff written by Deamon

Here you can find all of the announcements made during V7, as well as the previews of the island before it was unveiled.
Buko

V7 Thirteenth Announcement

Post by Buko »

Friday, June 22, 2018: Undisclosed Location, 5:45 P.M.

Tracen sat reading through the final reports of the version. He was absentmindedly flipping through the pages he had been provided. His thoughts dwelling on the earlier issue, they had been compromised. Truly compromised for the first time in his tenure as leader of the organization. It was bothersome. But all things considered, it could have been far worse. Only a limited amount of information was leaked by their treacherous pharmacist and they had managed to contain most of the details about what had happened. At least, that was how things appeared and how Greynolds report had presented the situation. As things stood Tracen was quietly confident that they could deal with the fallout. In fact, he had received the first briefings on potential locations for the eighth iteration of their game. He had taken a brief look over the dossiers, mainly focusing on the pictures provided and the bullet point summaries. He would read the full descriptions later on, once they had fully extracted from the island. The clean-up was nearly done, the only cameras that were left were the ones that were required to follow the final participants and capture their final confrontation.

All that was left was for that final confrontation to occur. Tracen cast his eyes over the dossiers again. He was contemplating something, considering the implications. Eventually, he pulled out a phone and dialed Greynolds.

"Jim, come meet me. I have an idea you might be interested in."

Saturday, June 23, 2018: Undisclosed Location

It was that time again. Tracen was settling in for the final announcement of another game. Granted things had moved a bit ahead of where they expected, but sometimes that happened, especially when people dropped dead before you could get to the microphone. Regardless, everything was good and they were still on schedule to produce a winner and get off the island, it was all ticking along nicely.

"Good evening, children."

Tracen's voice emerged from all the speakers across the island, echoing around the deserted houses and buildings.

"This is it, we've reached the end of our time together you and I well, once only one of you remains it will be the end."

Tracen took a sip of coffee.

"But before that, we have to go through a final rundown of the deaths.

First up, Faith Marshal-Mackenzie was blown up after remaining in a danger zone. There's a few possible jokes there so I'll leave it to you to choose whichever one you'd prefer.

Darlene Silva bit the dust next as Erika Stieglitz continued her record-breaking streak. It's a shame because we'd just found out who she was. I'll miss Darienne.

For our next kill Abraham Watanabe reconnected with an old friend; sadly that old friend was Marco Hart, so it ended in a murder.

We have a rare shared kill next as whatever was left of Kelly Nguyen absorbed bullets from both Diego Larrosa and Erika Stieglitz

This was followed up with a big brawl as Diego Larrosa was choked by someone other than himself when Ace Ortega put an end to him. Mr. Ortega didn't get a chance to get any satisfaction however as Marco Hart shot him. And just when you thought it was over, Marco blew himself up... Seems people enjoy doing that when we reach the end.

Christina Rennes finally ran out of road and got to watch her blood run out after Willow O'Neal put a bullet in her guts.

Uh, there's a name here I don't recognize. Dari-yuh Bhatia? Oh! Daria Bhatia...still don't recognize that name. Anyway! She died after damaging our cameras — can't say we didn't warn you.

There was then bit of a gun safety issue leading to a small explosion. Don't worry though, Katelynne Kirkpatrick caught all the shrapnel with her body. Erika Stieglitz picks up the credit for this one, but she also ran into a bit of an issue when Garnet Barnes shot her up. There goes our high-scorer.

Finally, after a bit of a delay — which I feel has been a theme this go-round — Blaise d'Aramitz bled out due to the wounds inflicted upon them by Aurelien Valter. Guess he didn't falter as much as we first thought."

Tracen shrugged.

"And that leaves us with two. The final two. The top of the heap. Of all of your classmates, you have been the most successful. To save everyone time and to avoid the awkwardness of those initial meetings, allow us to give a quick rundown of the pair of you — just so you already know a bit about each other when you meet.

Willow O'Neal, you're an interesting one, aren't you? The girl who can't decide if she's a hater or a lover, who wants to be an emotionless user but is only lying to herself. Well, you're out of chances now. There's no one else to take the bullet for you. You have to stand on your own. Do you think you're up to it? Do you think you can cope when you're truly by yourself fending for your life? It's something to think about, I suppose.

Garnet Barnes, you've been a bit of a dark horse. After multiple chances and a lot of talk, you finally plucked up the courage to kill a killer. How did it feel? Did it make you feel good? Regardless, there's no time for self-doubt or second-guessing now; only one person gets to walk away. If you want that person to be you, you better get your head in the game.

One of you will get the chance to speak to me face-to-face. For the other, this will be the final communication we have.

Head to the The Manor House. Once you are both there, the rest of the island will permanently become a danger zone. If you try to leave you will blow up, so I advise staying inside. Once a winner has been decided they will be able to leave."

Good luck, give everyone at home a good show. I eagerly await the winner of this cage match."

DAY FOURTEEN: SATURDAY, JUNE 23, 2018

Weather: The temperature on the island has stayed steady but the humidity has increased, making the air hot and sticky. The sky is clear. The temperature has highs of around 70 degrees F, 32 degrees C. The moon is in the waxing gibbous phase.

Congratulations to VoltTurtle and Emprexx Plush on winning BDA for the deaths of Marceline Carlson and Marco Hart respectively! We'll have a pair of quote nomination threads up shortly.

As in V6 and V5 before it, we'll be leaving V7's Endgame publicly readable. It keeps the community a lot more invested and lets them follow along with the action. That said, in the interest of allowing those who would rather read it in one go to avoid spoilers, we will not be updating the student roster until a winner is determined and similarly ask that the wiki not be updated with information on the fates of either of the finalists until that time. Please be respectful in chat, and if someone's around who doesn't want to be spoiled, keep the discussion to the sotf-discussion channel.

As this will most likely be our last announcement regarding V7, the staff team as a whole would like to thank everyone who participated for making V7 yet another version to remember. We look forward to seeing everyone again, along with any new or returning faces for V8!
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Lookin' for the opps, they been hidin'
I grew up 'round drugs, sex, and violence
We turnt off they street, we heard sirens
Since a juvenile, I been wylin'

Return to “V7 Announcements”