Rank your Fave Threads

give sotf a list, bitches love lists

Discuss anything and everything that has to do with SOTF here -- from your favorite character to comments and suggestions about the site! This forum also contains roleplaying guides for your benefit!
Cicada

Rank your Fave Threads

Post by Cicada »

Like it says on the title! Heaven forbid anyone try to include literally every thread they have ever been in, dear god, but feel free to discuss however many 'top' threads you've been in that you want to shout out. I'm not going to impose expectations of an amount that has to be included, be it minimum or maximum. Any amount-imum works, if you're a new handler and only have like five or six threads you want to shout out sure, if you've been around since V1 and want to relitigate threads most of us have forgotten exists, likewise.

I'm also not going to bar oneshots as threads you can include among your personal fave lists, much as NAFT wishes I would.

Two rough guidelines: these should be threads you personally have been in even if you're not necessarily the handler driving the action in the thread. And no negative critiquing of threadmates. I'm going to go ahead and say since this is supposed to be a 'favorites' list thread mates will probably only be talked about in a positive light and as such I don't think we'll need to be mandating asking permissions in this thread, but please be smart about this. If there are complaints I'll ask people to take down/edit lists as needed. U know I get shredded by discourse πŸ‘€.
V8 Vibes:
[+] Peace Only Under Liberty
Character Relation Planner! - I'll be responding to proposals and ideas in increments, please be patient!
V7 Vibes:
[+] Cicada Uses A Gun For The First Time
ImageB008, Demetri Futscher - Captain Of The USS Dekcuc - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
Image G018, Beryl Mahelona - Sleepyhead - 1 *
ImageG040, Camila CaΓ±izares - Nightingale - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
ImageG060, Princess McQuillan - a flimsy purpose - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 *
ImageG065, Kelly Nguyen - everyone's friend - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Updated Character Appearances - Updated July 2020
Pregame Relationships
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

the martyr approach
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

B003: Jeremy Frasier β€” "Yeah. No regrets." β€” 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME β€” Past: β˜† β˜† β˜† | Present: β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† | Sadie Hawkins: β˜† β˜†
V6: β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜†
THEME: OneRepublic β€” Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti β€” "Thank... you..." β€” 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME β€” Past: ❇ ❇ ❇ | Present: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ | Sadie Hawkins: ❇ ❇
V6: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇
THEME: The Megas β€” The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King β€” "I win." β€” 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME β€” Past: ☻ | Present: ☻ ☻ ☻ | Sadie Hawkins: ☻
V6: ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻
THEME: Luck Ganriki β€” golden sneer
[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Nicholas "Nick Andretti" Andretti β€” The Mercenary β€” "Have a problem? I can help you. For a price."
Clover Wilkinson-Crowheart β€” The Cryptid β€” "Don't... talk to me..."
Teddy "Theodore" Berenson β€” The Crusader β€” "Be excellent to each other."
Yong Yi "Penny" Yu β€” The Burnout β€” "I DO TWO THINGS I RAP AND FUCK"
Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

my friends are assholes
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

Hellbound Hearts
Somersault

Post by Somersault »

Unicorn on the Gallows!
[+] mona lisas and mad hatters
ImageImageImageImage
Appearance Tracker!
[+] a soiled dove finding herself
Image Tonya Collins - Got messy. - Unpretty - TLC
Memories: Child
Pregame: Rain
Prom: Honey
Trip: Furbies
Island: Girl - Way - Delicious - Rakshasa
Tonya by Irina!
Tonya by Ryuki!
[+] a damsel no longer
Image Kelly Nguyen: Couldn't claw back up. - 1234 - Feist
Memories:
Pregame: Universe - Puppies
Trip: Interesting
Island: Holiday - Play - Down - Robot - Unicorn
Kelly by Mimi!
Kelly by Ryuki!
[+] a sheriff trying to keep the peace
Image Adele Jones: Believed. - Good As Hell - Lizzo
Adele by Mimi!
Adele by Ryuki!
Memories:
Pregame: Chartreuself - Lair - Collisions
Trip: Down
Island: Hunger - Darwinism - Mario - Lucifer - House
[+] a cowboy looking for something to ride
ImageMike Brown: Spoke up. - Oh, What A World - Kacey Musgraves
Memories: Timog
Pregame:
Trip: Life
Island: Steady - Miles - Dive
Mike by Ryuki!
[+] tumbleweeds
[+] the town crier whispered
Image Keisha Higgins-Bell - Scouring out her next scoop. - Q.U.E.E.N. - Janelle Monae and Erykah Badu
Memories: President - Misery
Pregame: Talmbout - Time
Meanwhile: Wings - Persuasion - Everything
Keisha by Mimi!
Keisha by Ryuki!
Keisha by Kotori!
[+] v8
Ji-won "Daniel" Song is just praying along. - I know that you're a sucker for anything acoustic.
Anna-Lynn "Ashlei" Mercado is staying in the spotlight. - Hit or miss, I guess they never miss, huh?
DeDe Dixon is the best. Definitely.
Pari Shirazi has been wreaking havoc since 2000!
Abby Davis wants to be in the know.
MethodicalSlacker

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

Room 724: The USS Dekcuc (Read it Backwards)
[+] Recommended Reading Order
β€”The Heaven Panelβ€”
β™«
β–Ό

Image / Image - G051: Lili Williams: 1. Kidnapped from her school trip and thrown into a horrific death game, Lili wanders the wasteland in search of her past life before it slides away from her for good.

Meanwhile 1. From Here On Out [Complete] Marie Bernstein eats ice cream with her friend and gets a text message.

Image / Image - B043: Arthur Bernstein: 2. Arthur watches the waters from the beach, knowing that their presence spells death. Seeking his sister's comfort, he takes up the spear and walks alongside another.

Meanwhile 2. Colorless [Complete] A family reunion under less than ideal circumstances. When trying to unravel the mystery of her brother's death at the hands of esoteric serial terrorists, Marie discovers more than she bargained for.

β€”β€”The Earth Panelβ€”β€”

β•«
β™˜
⁍
𝄇

Image - G026: Liberty "Bert" Wren: 3. It is happening again. To make things right, Bert must understand where things went wrong.

Image - B049: Max Rudolph: 4. The words we use to construct our realities often also make up the links in our chains. Fleeing a vision, Max builds his most elaborate prison yet.

Image - B032: Lucas Diaz: 5. A life lived through the views of others. In pursuit of revenge and his own death, Lucas Diaz interrupts the falling of many dominos.

Meanwhile 3. Because We Love You [Complete] Selections from a Google Drive, never to be logged into again.

Meanwhile 4. The Lines We Draw [Complete] In the process of collecting his brother's memories, Milo Diaz has a fitful morning.

Image - G007: Violet Schmidt: 6. The stars in the night sky do not make pictures. Breathing on both sides of the water, Violet Schmidt journeys to escape the confines of her own mind, and her reality.

Meanwhile 5. Years of Pilgrimage [???] Dana Schmidt is dreaming.

Meanwhile 6. Colorless II [Ongoing] Charlie Bernstein returns to the desert and finds it empty.

Meanwhile 7. Writing the Enigma [Ongoing] Randy Rudolph provides lodgings for Marie Bernstein as she investigates Survival of the Fittest, the city of Chattanooga, and the meaning of water.
β€”β€”β€”The Hell Panelβ€”β€”β€”
☠
β‰₯
π„Œ
ΒΏ
β•ž
☺
[+] Other Threads
Virtual Pilgrimage: Exploring the Pregame Cities of SOTF
BlizzardeyeWonder

Post by BlizzardeyeWonder »

Love itself is just as innocent as roses in May

:sob:
[+] Meilin
Meilin Zhou (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: life observes itself
-->Pregame Status: Waltzed out a party with her crush
>Prom Start: Fancy Meeting You Here
-->Prom Status: Taking a dance, taking on the world
>Trip Start: The Best of You
-->Trip Status: Running away from an eyeful of NSFW
>Game Start: Rise Great Undead Lord Dread
-->Game Status (FINAL): Stop hitting yourself

Aesthetics
"No sun to rise would be okay with me... Everyday, every day is okay"
[+] Camilla
Camilla Bell (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: Who's Turn Was It, Anyway?
-->Pregame Status: Had more than her fair share of revelry
>Prom Start: Early in the Morning
-->Prom Status: Ditching the drama for blues
>Trip Start: When I'm Gone
-->Trip Status: Preemptively homesick
>Game Start: Bloom Nobly, in a Transient Life
-->Game Status (FINAL): Loved to death.

Aesthetics
"A voice in her head, a voice in her head, screaming all the words that were left unsaid"
Sunnybunny

Post by Sunnybunny »

3. The Moon is Laughing at You - v4: This thread is a clusterfuck and apparently clusterfucks are my bag? I did get to play with Dramatic Overwrought Teen Girl Emotions, but I idled out after this so I can only like it so much. Sammy is still a good girl though and she deserved better from me.

2. All That I've Ever Known - v4: This thread is actually just as clusterfucky as the last one, but it has even more things that I dig in it. The birth of the Feo/Ethan shenanigans, the origin story of an explosive trend I've picked up, and like... it's a mess to read but it's fun! Feo only goes up from here, but I still vibe with this start of a story.

O.C. and Scott (who?) sadly don't have any threads that touched my heart so... step-kid treatment. And now for my golden child's treatment!

1. Γ€ Tout le Monde - v7: This thread is objectively really strong work from the homies I wrote with, has a ton of feeling, and broke my heart five times over. Over and over, conflicts that didn't have to happen do, and it's equally sad and fantastic to watch a group of four unravel dumb quick. OoCly I also made Ricky want to strangle me which shouldn't be a fond memory but is. Also it has one of my top10 kills in the version. Power of the durian, baybee~

I could easily put every thread from here on to Sakurako's death from this list but I won't. I will, however, cheat and have two number ones. β™‘

1. all i ever asked is keep it 8 more than 92 with me - v7: I have nothing but fond memories writing this, it was super positive and everyone involved vibed heavily with each other I think! As for the writing itself we have awkward teens making bad decisions the musical, and like A Tout le Monde it escalates to quite an climax. I have a big love for our gang of murderers still having Teen Movie Moments and that's the vibe before, you know, the guns come out. Both my number ones have Clusterfuck Energy but in a bit more refined manner in my humble onion.
VII
G071 - Sakurako Adina Jackson - i'll be ready every day / for as long as i can say / here I am in the future with my friends

VIII
Dancing Shoes
Bare Knuckles
Wild Horses
NotAFlyingToy

Post by NotAFlyingToy »

It's somewhat of a copout, but I'm really proud of Paradise. I got to write a fight scene with decoy who was super great to work with and consider murdering Rugga's kid for a decent length of time, and both of those were experience that I feel have totally shaped my writing.

I also really liked 'Cause We Are Young and We Are Sick, because it kind of showed me how awesome MS, Backslash, KamiKaze, and decoy are. They allowed me to tell my story the way I wanted and seemed genuinely excited to be involved and I'm very grateful to that because I was anxious about the reception.

Learned something from yesterday was a oneshot that I had been gearing up to writing for some time, and again, I was anxious about the reception but I felt like it needed to be written because it set up the ending for the character. I'm pleased about how it came out, and I was able to build off of its back. I think it was the turning point for me as a writer, where I started to really feel comfortable with some high concept stuff.

Finally, I loved Batten Down Hatches, Raise Your Swords from Matthew Weiss' story. It features an amazing cast - Irene, RC, Blastinus, Namira, and a baby Cicada all firing on all cylinders. What I really appreciated here was the character interactions and dialogue - it feels like it was written by one person because of how in sync we all were. Even when MurderWeasel and Ohm stopped by with their murder duo, it didn't really upset the apple cart so much as strap a rocket booster to its back and fire it downhill. What a great thread. Too bad that we're not linking threads in these rankings, otherwise you'd all totally be able to check it out.
Author of the #SwiftBall Bible.
[+] Characters
Hansel Williams never fully realized he was wrong.

Brandon Baxter lost agency, the girl, and power.

Oskar Pearce's shield shimmered, shone, and shattered.

Return to β€œRoleplaying Discussion”