What we are in the dark

Private

The gardens run from the leadership houses to the entrance of the manor house and formerly featured many winding paths, freshly cut grass, and an array of exotic plants from around the world. In the time since the community left the island, however, these features have all fallen into disuse. The grass is long and unkempt, and if one was to walk the paths they would have to step over many overgrown plants and debris that litter them or block the way. The other highly noticeable thing is that the gardens themselves have become overrun by devil's ivy which was introduced to the island by the leadership, who did not realize it was an invasive species.
Buko

Post by Buko »

The tire iron didn't stop and neither did Ace. He went deaf and blind. He kept swinging until he was sweaty and out of breath. Beats beat Justin bloody and he beat him down.

Then Ace threw the tire iron onto Justin's bloodied twitching form, turned around and walked away.
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Lookin' for the opps, they been hidin'
I grew up 'round drugs, sex, and violence
We turnt off they street, we heard sirens
Since a juvenile, I been wylin'
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Justin slowly turned his face up again, daring to lift the back of his head up off the ground.

Ace raised the tire iron, and Justin watched his oldest ally reflect a glint of light off the setting sun.

JACKSON.

HIS NAME WAS JACKSON!

The tire iron swung down.

B064 - Greene, Justin: DECEASED
Buko

Post by Buko »

With a little distance and time Ace was able to regain his breath and as he sipped on his water bottle he searched for his composure.

It was easy to do anything in victory, it was only in defeat that you could find yourself. Ace had really believed that. Ace had been completely wrong. You could find yourself in victory as well. Success could reveal a person's true character just as much as loss. Victory had shown Ace to be callous, cold and cruel. Capable of killing one of his best friends. Capable of beating a crying, begging boy to death. Beating him until Ace ran out of breath. Turning him to an unrecognizable, bloody pulp. Vengeance wasn’t a dish best served cold—it was a dish best served. Period. It had gone down easy enough and it had felt damned good. There was a gratification that came with the gore. A level of vindication that came with the violence.

And then that good feeling disappeared.

It was replaced by a hurt. Not a physical one but a mental and emotional one. A ‘What would people think’ type hurt. A ‘What have I become?’ type hurt. It was easy to do anything in victory—but what did victory cost? Ace had been obsessed with killing Justin and pushed to a certain limit. There existed the embers of another obsession…to win, to go home. But that spark had only just turned to flame. It hadn’t been stoked for a week like his hatred for Justin.

Images of Justin’s body came to Ace’s mind. Visions of his bashed in brains. Echoes of his cries and screams. The sickening crunch and resistance his form felt against the metal of the tire iron—how that resistance completely eroded in seconds. It didn’t feel like justice…it felt like overkill.

And still Ace didn’t feel guilty. Shame failed to strangle the seductive power of success. Ace stayed in his hurt. He relished the pain. He savored the suffering. Beats wanted to feel that shit. Ace wanted to feel it all.
Connor wrote:You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. And I hope you do, brother. Really.
That’s the plan Cap’n.

That’s the muthafuckin’ plan.

[ Ace Ortega Continued In: ali bomaye ]
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Lookin' for the opps, they been hidin'
I grew up 'round drugs, sex, and violence
We turnt off they street, we heard sirens
Since a juvenile, I been wylin'

Return to “The Gardens”