XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Mafia Game Thread

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

Irina Ivanov wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:39 am I defended Paige night one, which didn't work out. Stupid logic, but basically since Paige had been behind two of the mislynches, AND was off on Slam
hold up.

you wouldn't have known this before you submitted your night action to protect Toben instead of Paige.

we caught scum everyone
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

in my current game on something awful, someone was asked for the rationale behind their cop night action selections, as they were the fourth claimed cop that day phase (its a bastard game don't worry about it)

they answered that they copped their N0 target because he was acting weird on day 1.

said cop was lunched for this slip. and guess what

they were scum
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

I am definitely pretty suspicious about this claim but also it's late so this'll be brief.

The thing is, Bodyguard is a good claim for scum because it's a secondary protective role. If a doctor does pop up, oh, whoops, guess we have a spare. And it's not even that out there for balance to have both, since a bodyguard is a trade (in fact, one that sometimes can leave town worse--if Irina's telling the truth she could've easily ate it defending scum from Paige).

...speaking of which? Bulletproof is always suspect (see: discussion with Irina earlier in this thread), and town can probably no longer test, and attempting to test this is a big ol' bag of WIFOM disaster waiting to happen.

Also? I find it pretty suspicious that we get a kinda easy, early claim of a role but no flavor. Can we get some flavor to match, since the cards are already on the table on the more important stuff?

I am, let me readily admit, side-eyeing half the game now--the only people I'm pretty much positive are clean are Zetsu and Boogie, with Blizzard and MS trending town and everyone else some shade of neutral to :/.

I'm not that worried about a scum quick-hammer this phase but like... don't wanna risk it and wanna come at this again with more conscious eyes. But let the record say that's the reason I'm not dropping my vote at this juncture.

Out until tomorrow, will strive to be here at not-an-hour-past-my-deadline then.
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

dmboogie wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:57 am
Irina Ivanov wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:39 am I defended Paige night one, which didn't work out. Stupid logic, but basically since Paige had been behind two of the mislynches, AND was off on Slam
hold up.

you wouldn't have known this before you submitted your night action to protect Toben instead of Paige.

we caught scum everyone

VOTE: Irina
Irina Ivanov

Post by Irina Ivanov »

Welp, not sure what to say except can I get out of the game now? It sucks I suck at bodyguarding, and it sucks that town's losing another power role, but I can't be bothered to defend and I have no idea how to. Also, believe it or not that Slam sentence was a mistake, but I still stand by Paige aggressively lynching Dodd and Jace. I've been unmotivated from the start, and I'm also pessimistic about a town win now soooo

sweet release pls
\_______________/
\ (' _ ') /\ (' _ ') /
Currently not in anything!
[+] The Future
Annalise Meyer - Self-Assured Introvert
Robin Wang - Belligerent Socialite
Brittany O'Doyle - Recovering Pollyanna
Irina Ivanov

Post by Irina Ivanov »

Actually on another note, I'm Beserker Queen forgot to mention that. Since I'm pretty sure I'm getting lunched today, I'm just going to try and get one last readlist based on my lunch
Currently not in anything!
[+] The Future
Annalise Meyer - Self-Assured Introvert
Robin Wang - Belligerent Socialite
Brittany O'Doyle - Recovering Pollyanna
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

We’re at L-2. Nobody vote for now. Irina flipping town bodes...well, for Ricky, I think, though im WIFOMing to hell and back trying to figure out the interaction there.

Boogie looks better, but isn’t clear town with an irina flip imo; a hard bus makes sense given that he and irina are today’s primary suspects, so scum is gonna lose a member anyways, so might as well get credit for being an active pusher. Would probably end up null for me.

I need to think more, but I’m dead tired and I’ve been busy with other things these past couple of days tbh. I’ll try for more analysis tomorrow, but not sure at all I will.
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

Looking up the flavour for Berserker Queen I don't quite get the rationale for it being bodyguard? Like, I haven't played more than the tutorial mission for XCOM one so I'm maybe not the best people to ask, but "breaking through cover by running through it" and "screaming so loud people get very scared" doesn't sound very much like a bodyguard to me.

also don't get the rationale for bodyguarding toben night two since a non-zero amount of people in the thread were going "rip Yugi scum are going to have to waste a kill on him night two" but whatever this is just me being a narc

(can you link me that game, boogie? four cops roleclaiming in a day phase sounds super ridiculous and fun)
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

B003: Jeremy Frasier — "Yeah. No regrets." — 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME — Past: ☆ ☆ ☆ | Present: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ | Sadie Hawkins: ☆ ☆
V6: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
THEME: OneRepublic — Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti — "Thank... you..." — 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME — Past: ❇ ❇ ❇ | Present: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ | Sadie Hawkins: ❇ ❇
V6: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇
THEME: The Megas — The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King — "I win." — 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME — Past: | Present: ☻ ☻ ☻ | Sadie Hawkins: ☻
V6: ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻
THEME: Luck Ganriki — golden sneer
[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Nicholas "Nick Andretti" Andretti — The Mercenary — "Have a problem? I can help you. For a price."
Clover Wilkinson-Crowheart — The Cryptid — "Don't... talk to me..."
Teddy "Theodore" Berenson — The Crusader — "Be excellent to each other."
Yong Yi "Penny" Yu — The Burnout — "I DO TWO THINGS I RAP AND FUCK"
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

MurderWeasel wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:56 am
Irina Ivanov wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:48 am Wait, Toben, who's your second pick?
Boogie, at present.
Also Toben wrote:--the only people I'm pretty much positive are clean are Zetsu and Boogie
Typo or very sudden change of mind?
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

B003: Jeremy Frasier — "Yeah. No regrets." — 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME — Past: ☆ ☆ ☆ | Present: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ | Sadie Hawkins: ☆ ☆
V6: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
THEME: OneRepublic — Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti — "Thank... you..." — 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME — Past: ❇ ❇ ❇ | Present: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ | Sadie Hawkins: ❇ ❇
V6: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇
THEME: The Megas — The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King — "I win." — 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME — Past: | Present: ☻ ☻ ☻ | Sadie Hawkins: ☻
V6: ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻
THEME: Luck Ganriki — golden sneer
[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Nicholas "Nick Andretti" Andretti — The Mercenary — "Have a problem? I can help you. For a price."
Clover Wilkinson-Crowheart — The Cryptid — "Don't... talk to me..."
Teddy "Theodore" Berenson — The Crusader — "Be excellent to each other."
Yong Yi "Penny" Yu — The Burnout — "I DO TWO THINGS I RAP AND FUCK"
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

Yugikun wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:33 am Typo or very sudden change of mind?
yeah im curious too
Yugikun wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:04 am (can you link me that game, boogie? four cops roleclaiming in a day phase sounds super ridiculous and fun)
here you go!
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Yugikun wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:33 am
MurderWeasel wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:56 am
Irina Ivanov wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:48 am Wait, Toben, who's your second pick?
Boogie, at present.
Also Toben wrote:--the only people I'm pretty much positive are clean are Zetsu and Boogie
Typo or very sudden change of mind?
Typo! Meant to be "Yugi"--Boogie was #2 in my frowny book, and is still down there (though trending a bit up after the nice little OBJECTION! moment). You (Yugi) meanwhile I view as nicely situated indeed due to the Jace flip. But your names rhyme, especially at 1 AM.

Have not read other posts and won't until return--on lunch at work and got the quote notification.
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

time... is running out
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

To move us into hanner (with standard "hi an drunk" disclaimer) I will

vote: irina
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

By my count we have fifteen hours. I'd love to get together another readlist before we pull the trigger and will do my best to do so promptly but it'll be at least an hour, and more likely two or three, as I'm tired from work and also am the chef tonight.
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

unvote, and then do your readlist, and then revote? in case irina tries to quickhammer or something

(i can hammer, i seem to be the designated hammerer lmao)

Return to “Mafia”