XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Mafia Game Thread

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

for the record when i was writing that fun little sideline i completely forgot we actually had a flipped role cop whoops
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

hmmmm im exhausted and need to work on schoolwork whoops but i'll come back with like real thoughts tomorrow, but i'm making a note to pressure goose because i was not satisfied with his explanation at all
Irina Ivanov

Post by Irina Ivanov »

Ooo, I can actually reply to some stuff by Toben! He has more insight on my posts then I do myself, and that is sad. Anyways, first, I'm not a miller so Slam wouldn't have saved me anyways even though I'm town ;-; and second, I'm just wondering why I would say common scum stratergies if I was scum? Wouldn't that get my scum buddies pointed out? Also yeah I've basically been pointing fingers at areas where I am, which is kindaaaa self destructive for scum.

Also funny how I ask people to read into the Dodd and Jace lynched for info like I wanted the lynches to be and then once they do it points to me. Oops.

Also Zetsu, I'm getting weird vibes from Goose as well, it just doesn't feel like lurking townie Goose which is what I've seen so far. Wait, Toben, who's your second pick?
Currently not in anything!
[+] The Future
Annalise Meyer - Self-Assured Introvert
Robin Wang - Belligerent Socialite
Brittany O'Doyle - Recovering Pollyanna
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

@irina right here, right now, who do you wanna lunch, and why?
Irina Ivanov

Post by Irina Ivanov »

I would say boogie but I see him as townish so oops can't do that. I would say Goose or Toben, Toben because he's a big voice of reason which makes him controlling the narrative easier, even as town or scum, and we have no cop to investigate him. Oh also he's suspecting me but that's normal behaviour because I'm acting scummy. >_<

Otherwise, Goose has been super quiet and off to me, so I'd like to hear more of his thoughts instead of him lurking with questions. On a none lynching note, Yugi are you there? Your thoughts?
Currently not in anything!
[+] The Future
Annalise Meyer - Self-Assured Introvert
Robin Wang - Belligerent Socialite
Brittany O'Doyle - Recovering Pollyanna
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

Admittedly just been busy with real life and haven't felt anything that I need to say

Though I do agree with Toben's analysis on your play being a wee bit weird. Re: your claim you're not a miller, I have no reason to believe you're lying on this point, but would just raise the prospect that you might be a miller without knowing it? Because as mentioned by Toben millers that don't know they're millers can be common.

Which raises the question - if VT townies share, or mostly share, the same flavour, would there be some flavour role that from a canon perspective could make sense as miller?

Also, yeah, always side-eye Toben a bit when he lives this long just because in my experience scum likes to kill him if he's town - unless scum is playing some double/triple bluff and we are in WIFOM territory. Or there is no bluff at all and I'm just overthinking it. whatever.
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

I'm going to get the ball rolling on this one. And I swear to god if Irina flips town I'm going to go straight for Toben's throat.

Vote: Irina Ivanov

We got just over 48 hours on this so it's time to at least put some pressure down. That being said, though it reads as transparent reflection to me, Goose HAS been quiet and I'd like to get his thoughts.
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

I am always quiet though
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

(Also I would throw a vote on Irina for pressure purposes but I forget the vote count)
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Okay but scum is also pretty quiet half the time and likes to lay low.
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

EBWOP: Bossman can we get a votecount?
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

ding ding ding eyebrows raised at ricky because if irina's town and toben's town ricky's just set up a very straightforward path to victory for scum
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

I'm honestly not sure either one of them is town, but despite my trust for Toben in general being somewhere around the trust I'd give Grand Vizier Nappa, he gives some actually points for Irina's scumplay. It's inconsistent enough that I'm willing to go with it lest this be the game where she really IS scum and I just talk myself into thinking it's a false positive.

Though you've made me think.

If Irina is town, does that make Toben more likely to be town or scum? If she's scum, then what? Because Toben is no stranger to turning in a scum partner if it will buy him points with town.
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

MK Kilmarnock wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:54 pm If Irina is town, does that make Toben more likely to be town or scum? If she's scum, then what? Because Toben is no stranger to turning in a scum partner if it will buy him points with town.
i find it hard to believe that toben and irina are both scum

mostly because i am apparently toben's second-highest target at the moment, and i dont think it'd take a heroic effort to build a toben case on me, so why would he choose to start a train on his scum partner irina for points (especially with no flipped scum) when he could target me instead, who is not his scum partner?
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

I can see that, makes sense.

So that bolsters my original thoughts that if we see a town Irina flip and Toben survives the night, he should be next.

Return to “Mafia”