This entire area is quite dank.

Open, Day 4, just after the announcements.

The east side of the community housing shows the wear of abandonment. The wilderness has started to reclaim the land the village was built on, meaning that many of the houses furthest from the center have become overgrown with vines and plants. The frequency of tropical storms has had a more noticeable impact on this side of the village as well. Some of the houses have been hit with debris from uprooted trees, while others have been torn asunder by a combination of debris, rain and wind. This has left a scattering of large wooden boards painted various colors across the entire area.

Thread limit: 2
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Adonis felt his body flinch as he heard more gunshots and it took him a few seconds to realize that he was holding his breath to stop himself from crying out in surprise and alarming whomever was shooting like a madman out there. He let out breath that he was holding slowly and he noticed that Myles was talking about getting out of there to avoid running into who was shooting. It was definitely a good idea and he wasn't going to argue. He felt like they needed to find somewhere else where they could barricade it and make sure that no one else could come in to hurt them.

"Okay, okay. Y-You're right." Adonis said quietly and he turned to glance around for a possible escape. Maybe they should just go into one of the rooms and hope for the best? "Let's check this room out and hope that we can get away without any more trouble."

He head towards the room and he made sure to look behind himself a few times to make sure that Myles was still following him, making sure that no one was about to pounce on Myles again behind his back. As if he didn't think he wasn't already failing Myles enough. He had failed to be a good person. He had failed to keep Tristan and Myles both safe. He couldn't even save Tristan from himself and the guilt was still weighing on him heavily.

Adonis blinked away the tears that were starting to form and he scanned his surroundings to look for a window to freedom. Then he spotted a window that looked like it had been smashed to pieces and only small bits of glass was still visible. He found himself walking more quickly over to his window and he cautiously peeked his head out of the window, looking left and right a few times to see if anyone else was out there. No one. He couldn't see anyone so it looked like this was their chance to escape and get away from whatever had happened out there.

"Looks like it is clear out there." He whispered quietly as he wasn't sure if the shooter was nearby and he didn't want to risk getting himself or Myles shot. "I'll go first."

Adonis was glad that it wasn't a small window and just a normal sized window that was not going to cause him any problems. He made sure to put the bags out of the window first and he watched as they plopped onto the ground, hoping that the shooter had not heard them. He climbed up onto the window's edge and he accidentally caught the inside of his left palm on a piece of glass on the side of the window. He held out a cry of pain as he felt it cut through his skin and he could see the blood coming out of his hand.

Adonis almost felt himself breaking down again but then he thought about Myles and he felt like he couldn't let him down once more. He got out of the window and he landed onto his feet two inches from the ground. He turned to look at Myles through the window and he could feel the blood dripping and oozing from his hand, making him clench his hand into a fist and he winced at how it was hurting him a little. ....He deserved the pain.

He held out his other hand to Myles and he felt a relieved smile forming onto his tired face. "Here. You should take my hand to make sure that you don't accidentally cut yourself on the glass." He said simply and he just hoped that Myles wouldn't refuse to listen to him. "Let's hurry and go, Myles."

((Adonis Cohen continued elsewhere))
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
backslash

Post by backslash »

It took most of Myles's self control to not just shove Adonis through the building and out the window, regardless of how effective that would have actually been. He wanted out, he wanted to be gone, and he wanted that now. This place was a wash, and the most important thing was getting far away from here.

"Yeah, yeah, sure, okay." He barely even absorbed what Adonis said. It was all the same old crap.

Myles grabbed Adonis's hand and let himself be half-hoisted through the window, stumbling as he landed on the ground outside. "Come on." He kept his hold on Adonis's hand and pulled him away from the building. They could stop and deal with their minor cuts and scrapes later, when they weren't near any gun-toting maniacs, or knife-toting maniacs, or whatever else.

When his pulse finally started to settle, Myles noticed that something felt off. He gave himself a good pat-down to make sure that no life-threatening wounds had somehow escaped his notice, but he was fine. Sort of. He wasn't badly hurt, at least. He could still feel the lipstick gun tucked away in his jacket.

He realized when his hands reached his head that he'd lost his hat. It had been knocked askew when he was grabbed by the hair and had fallen off completely after getting shoved into Adonis. It must have still been back in the house.

That, more than anything, made him seethe. First his stupid roommates on the trip stole it and hid it because they thought it was funny to take someone else's things for no reason, and now this. Nobody respected his boundaries. That was his favorite hat, and now he couldn't even go back to get it because he'd probably get shot full of holes as soon as he poked his head around in the house.

He wasn't able to completely push all those emotions back down and lock them up this time. The frustration and anger and loss stayed with him throughout the evening and into the night, simmering quietly under his skin.

((Myles Roux continued in Aggressive Beauty))
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

Zach stood in the rain taking in what he had just done. Brandon’s body was sprawled out in the mud, riddled with bullet holes. Zach thought hard on the weight of his actions. Now that he killed Brandon, his personal body count had risen to two victims. He had just painted a bigger target on his back for anyone seeking revenge for their fallen friends. Who was Brandon friends with again? Shit, Zach would need to lay low now than ever!

Zach looked over at the cabin, and noticed Adonis and Myles were gone. He walked over to take a closer look inside. Sure enough, both boys had disappeared while he wasn’t looking. Jeez, Zach would have given them back Tristan’s bag, but fuck it. Zach walked back over to Brandon’s corpse. He grabbed both bags and the hatchet off the body.

Taking everything inside the cabin, Zach took a minute to sit down and catch his breath. When people catch wind that he murdered again, surely they’ll think he’s dangerous. They’ll either hunt him down, or more preferably, stay away. What will Sean think once he learns his friend killed again? He’ll probably want nothing to do with Zach anymore. Neither will his parents if he makes it back home. This thought crushed Zach’s heart.

You’re an idiot, Zach.

Demetri’s last words to Zach echoed in Zach’s mind.

“At least I’m still alive for now,” Zach muttered to himself.

Zach began rummaging through both the bags. Everything was soaked due to the rain. He grabbed as many protein bars as he could fit into his own bag. They at least had been spared thanks to their wrappers. The water bottles too. Zach judged he had enough food to last him for days. And with a new weapon, he had both close and long ranges covered. Zach decided to wait out the rain inside the cabin before heading out again.
[+] V7
Mains
Image B018: Ned Jackson- That’s All Folks
Image G039: Yuki Hayashibara- Family is Forever
Image B034: Zachary Beck- Guess I’ll Die
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

There.

The killer.

It was right there. Weapon in hand. Bloody.

And he was picking through her bag. Catherine's breathing suddenly felt like it was strong enough to knock the walls down. She didn't understand how her fingers stopped it.

Adonis and Myles were no longer here. At least, if they were, they were either laying on the dead or dying. Perhaps they just left, walked away nilly-willy as if it was nothing. It sounded like a Myles thing to do, but Catherine wouldn't really blame him for that. This was a fucked up situation. Someone had died and they had to leave. Catherine didn't have that luxury, she had to watch.

She curled up. Maybe he would fall asleep, maybe he would eave. She still wanted her bag back. Catherine started to get hungry, maybe a tiny bit dehydrated.

She eagerly watched. Maybe that was her chance. As long as the tiny cracks letting light through didn't reveal Catherine's presence in the room, and as long as Zach thought he was alone within the cabin, she was safe. Hungry, scared, thirsy; but safe.
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

Zach relaxed on the couch for a while as he was deep in thought. Where could he go that wouldn’t have so many people wandering around? Somewhere he could hide out, that way he could avoid conflict until everything blew over. He didn’t just want to go around shooting everybody he came across. To him, only reason he shot up Brandon was because of reflex. If he could redo what had happened, he would’ve just held him at gun point as ordered him to drop the bag. But, Zach had taken another life. At least he got a new hatchet out if it.

Zach got up to look around the cabin. Over at a table, noticed an extra bag. How did he not notice that? He got closer and noticed a bunch of broken glass. He stared at the bag, hatchet in hand. Was this always here? Was Myles or Adonis carrying it? Or maybe, someone else was here. A while ago perhaps.

Then Zach heard a small sound from the nearby closet. He turned around and raised the billhook to his chest.

“Wha— Who’s there!?”, Zach yelped.
[+] V7
Mains
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

Yes? No? Maybe?

There no good answers to that question. Anything, and everything, would lead to the same path. Catherine knew that, but facing it in a dark and suddenly humid closer made it seem surreal.

Catherine, for short, didn’t answer. There were no words, or sound for that matter, that would make the person on the other side leave her alone. The best option was to say nothing and hope he would think it’s a mouse. Then again, a mouse wouldn’t be skittering and breathing as hard she would.

There was always the option to turn the shiv against him. As much as she hated herself for not crossing it out immediately, she did however kept it locked in her hand. She knew for a fact that little sharp piece of glass would be turning against someone one day. It was one of these inevitable thing that lead to another one until there were none.

Catherine’s clutch on the weapon stay steadied. She had managed to calm her breathing. The world finally stopped screaming and she was able to concentrate on the noises.

She slowly breath in then breath out, contemplating whether or not these would be the last breaths she would take.
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

Zach stayed on the defensive. He thought that Adonis and Myles had left, but maybe he was wrong. Were they hiding? Considering what happened outside, that could be it. Zach tried to calm his nerves and took a breath before speaking.

“Hey,” Zach said, “I’m sorry for what you had to see. I’ll return the bag if you want. Just as long as I keep this weapon.”

Zach looked at the billhook and back at the closet. He lowered his guard just a bit, but still kept a tight grip on the hilt.

“Look, I’m not gonna do anything,” he continued, “I promise not to hurt you if you come out.”
[+] V7
Mains
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

Catherine might have been many things, but naïve? That would be a stretch. Local guy with a gun and now a meat cleaver from hell telling her he wasn't going to hurt her despite having potentially just shot someone? Mhm, that's severe doubt material right there.

If Catherine wasn't hyperventilating, she would probably be snarky. Something very deadpan, something that sounded cold and calculated. However, anything that was planned was thrown out of the window as the boy made it very clear that he knew she was there. What was she supposed to do? Whatever cover she had was blown away because she was breathing too loud.

Of all things to give her away, it was her breathing? That was slapstick level of comedy but Catherine couldn't laugh, or do anything really. She just tried to make a plan. Well, she was more hoping for a miracle. If she believed in God with a s or without a S, Catherine would probably be praying for someone to bust through the wall like the Kool-Aid Man.

She held the shiv. Perhaps the shiv was holding her now, she didn't realize how tight was grip. It had dug in her hands. Oh. That would be something to think about for later. Through the cracks of the closet door, she could see the boy. She stayed crouched. Catherine's brain was running. She didn't know from what, but it was shaped like Death and its scythe was slashing at her.

Catherine pushed the closet opened with her foot. Finally admitting that, yes, she was there and, yes, she had seen everything. Or at least heard everything. She had seen half of it.

"So."

What was she supposed to say next? Get it over with? Do it like they do it on the Discovery Channel? Her face was one of a statue.

"Did you kill Adonis? Myles? Was it you in the first place?" The question came out slowly as she were reading off a text as an actress preparing for an audition.

"Well, did someone die?"

Scratch that, she sounded like the friend who helped the actress getting ready for the audition, slowly enunciating the words as they came up in front of her.

Impassible. Quiet. If she had been marble, there would be no way she could be shattered.
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

Oh, it was a girl. Well damn, how many more people were in this cabin that Zach didn’t know about? Whatever, gotta keep things from escalating.

“No, I didn’t,” Zach responded, “In fact, I thought Adonis and Myles were hiding in that closet.”

He glanced over outside the door of the cabin. Brandon‘s body was still laying in the mud.

“Brandon was here, he was holding Myles hostage,” he continued, “he wanted one of their bags. Adonis gave into his demand and he let Myles go.”

He paused.

“And then he surprised me on the way out. So then I...shot...him...”

He trailed off as he finished explaining what happened. He brought the billhook closer to his chest, the blunt side feeling like ice as his skin made contact with the metal.

“I was gonna give them their bag back, but now they’re gone.”
[+] V7
Mains
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

If Zachary's words were the truth, then Catherine wouldn't, or rather shouldn't, be afraid of him. She shouldn't looked at him as if he were about to blast her open with his gun. She wanted to believe that, for once, she was safe. Thing is, she wasn't stupid. She wasn't in a situation that allowed for that type of mistake, or mistakes in general.

Doing the wrong, uncalculated move would result in the empty square becoming a landmine, both figuratively and literally. It would not surprise her that someone got a mine. Catherine noted that she would need to be on the lookout for booby traps and other fun things to avoid if she survived this encounter.

"So someone did die." Her voice trailed off as she said that as if she was planning to say something else.

It was odd. He didn't really answer her question. He was evasive. More evasive than her, it was kinda frustrating. It was a stalemate, and Catherine wasn't really sure what the word meant, but she knew it meant that.

"Can I leave?" Her voice was monotonous as if she were asking to be dismissed after detention. "Are you going to shoot me?"

Detached. Withdrawn. As far as possible she could be.
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

“Sure you can,” Zach said to the wary girl, “I won’t shoot you if you don’t try to shoot me.”

Zach raised his hands up, his right still clutched to the billhook. He back stepped from the table to let her grab her things. He made his way to the couch, where his gun was sitting. He set aside his billhook and put the gun in his bag. He turned around again to face girl, hands raised, showing he wasn’t trying to be a threat.

“Okay, you’re free to leave,” Zach said.

He kept close to the billhook, just in case of any surprise attacks. Zach would rather be left alone for now. After what had happened, he didn’t want to needlessly spill anymore blood.
[+] V7
Mains
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

"Can you-" no sudden move, she reminded herself, "can you just back off?"

Was she in a position to make demands? Catherine knew that she was on uneven terrain. Zachary might not have noticed the range of his control over the area yet so Catherine might be in the clear. Or maybe she wasn't. It didn't really matter at that point. This was a hostage situation even if one of the parties didn't know that yet.

"You know, I just want my bag."

She pointed the olive green bag with the little G embroided on it. It was a terrible color. Like honestly, Catherine didn't want to say it outloud, but like who picked that color? Disgusting. She cringed looking at it. She made eye contact with Zachary then looked down at her bag.

"Please?"
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

“I just did!,” Zach shouted, in case she didn’t hear him.

He sat on the couch, sighing heavily. He was starting to feel stressed. If she was gonna come out, then just come out already. If she was gonna do something, then fucking do it!

Calm your tits.

Zach took a deep breath and exhaled, trying to calm himself. At times like this, he really could use a distraction. Too bad his phone was taken, he could be looking at his Twitter feed right now. Then again, he probably wouldn’t get a signal out in the middle of nowhere. If the terrorists were worried about them calling for help on a remote island, then they were fucking stupid.

“I didn’t touch your stuff if that’s what you’re worried about,” Zach said to the girl.
[+] V7
Mains
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

Catherine flinched when Zach shouted at her. It was a normal reaction. Catherine had the tendency to cry on the inside when people raised their voices around her. It was something everybody did, but it was also something nobody liked to do. It made that tiny feeling of insignificant shame pop out of nowhere. She didn't feel it in a while, and while she was comforted she could still feel something like that, she wished it would go away.

"Thank you."

It was curt and polite. She wanted to say sorry but she thought it wouldn't really make a difference. Apologies were easily said and often said for fun. Nothing really mattered when you said 'I'm sorry' or 'please, forgive me'. They were only frauds that credit card companies used to sell more stocks, so Catherine refused to apologize.

Instead, she thanked him. There wasn't anything else to say. Or do, rather. It was terribly awkward. As if she had walked in on someone getting murdered - which happened, but versa - and she had to act as if there wasn't a body laying three feet away. Actually, it was just that. The body. Where was it?

"Hum, I don't have anything. I mean, I have my bag but," she looked at the door then back at the boy, "no weapon."

She let the shiv fall to the ground. Its head broke off. It was better off without it. Her hand, though, was held together by the sharp piece of glass. Her blood started to show its face through her broken skin.

"Ouch." Empty. "Can I just patch myself up before I leave? I'm not going to take long, I swear."
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

“Sure, whatever,” Zach shrugged.

Zach was getting tired dealing with people for the day. His tone of voice had grown dry with apathy. He rested his head on his hand, keeping it raised with his forearm leaned against the couch arm. The billhook sat next to him, close in reach. Zach kept a watchful eye on the girl, in case she attempted anything that could get one of them killed.

“You know, I’ve seen some shit,” Zach said, “Mikki Swift, that bitch I think was trying to kill us in our sleep. She ended up causing a shoot out in the lighthouse. I was the only one who made it out alive.”

Zach wasn’t sure why he was confiding in this girl, but it felt good to vent. His tone of voice was dry and bitter. Upon remembering that traumatic event in the lighthouse, feelings of guilt, anger, and fear resurfaced. He conveniently left out the part about trying to resuscitate Bree and failing, probably so he could earn some sympathy points.

“Word of advice,” Zach continued, “keep people at arms length.”
[+] V7
Mains

Return to “East Housing”