I've Got Some Work to Do, I'm Going To Eat Your Heart Out

Open after Prim Joins! Day 2 Announcements.

The woods themselves are still lush and green, with copious amounts of vegetation. Due to all the foot travel over the years, paths are still present even as the ferns start to grow. Despite this, it is still easy to get lost if one was to venture off the path as the woods are quite densely packed.

Thread Limit: 3
ItzToxie

I've Got Some Work to Do, I'm Going To Eat Your Heart Out

Post by ItzToxie »

Marcus Volker continued from See You On The Road, Skag! ))

Marco woke up. He looked around. Adonis was next to him, and to his left was a bed with Jonas and Abel resting in it.

Oh...

Knew it! I fucking knew it. Shit couldn't possibly been real... Marco rubbed his eye-...s and rolled his legs out of bed. That wasn't that fun of a dream, to be honest. Marco expected an SOTF dream to be more... climatic. It was realistic certainly, but it wasn't climatic. Like, where was the part where he was supposed to get chased around by the likes of the Carters, Ariana, the Pastel Poopers or some other various strain of mongoloid before he defeated them by tactical fire and maneuver? Like, why random weirdos like Arjen, or Sierra and Willow?

Whatever, it was a dream, dreams are dumb. Marco got out of bed and moved towards the balcony, passing the rasta banana they had won for Adonis earlier that night. "Sup Arjen." Marco said as the banana turned and looked to him. Marco looked at the cliffs outside of the balcony, and-

"Wait, what the fu-u-u-u-u-u-u-f-u-u-u-u-u-u"

Marco turned and saw himself turn to look at the banana wearing Arjen's face as he turned and saw himself turn to look at the banana wearing Arjen's face as he turned and saw himself turn to look at the banana wearing Arjen's face as he turned and saw himself turn to look at the banana wearing Arjen's face as he turned and saw himself turn to look at the banana wearing Arjen's face as he turned and saw himself turn to look at the banana wearing Arjen's face as he turned and saw himself turn to look at the banana wearing Arjen's face as he turned and saw himself turn to look at the banana wearing Arjen's face as he turned and saw himself turn to look at the banana wearing Arjen's face-

"What the fu-fu-fu-fu-fu-fu-u-u-u-u-uck-uck-uck-uck-uck-uck-uck-uck-uck is is is is is is is is is is is is is is is is is is is is g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-go-go-go-go-go-go-go-go-go-go-go-ing-ing-ing-ing-ing-ing-ing-ing on-on-on-on-on-on-on-on-no-on-on-on-on-on-on-on-on-on-on-on-on-on."

There was an explosion, and Marco's world burned away into white fire like a melting film reel.

Marco woke up. It was black. Marco couldn't see anything. Marco shot up, looking around. "W-What the fuck is going on?!" He stood up, and his head spun and white stars and lighting danced across his vision, as a tunnel opened in the dark, slowly widening as he drunkenly stumbled around. Marco looked up and there were stars in the sky, and he could see Adonis laying next to him... That was good, he wasn't blind. Marco tried to rub his eyes, as a shot of white danced across the right side of his vision, sending him into nausea again. He couldn't hold it, and he sprinted off towards the treeline, puking up the bright red fluorescent throat burning acid, that was flamin' hot Cheeto vomit.

Marco never remembered turning around and going back to his spot next to Adonis, but that's where he was the second time he awoke, when loudspeakers cracked to life. Marco sat up. His mouth was dry, and tasted terrible. He rubbed at his head, feeling the bandage wrapped around it to cover his eye. He laid back down, putting his hands over his face as Danya began listing off names.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

((Adonis Cohen continued from See You On The Road, Skag!))

Adonis had heard Marco in the night. He heard him freaking out. He heard him moving away to throw up. He heard him coming back. He heard him laying back down beside him. But Adonis never moved to turn over to look at him, to comfort him, to hug him, to do anything. He didn't think that Marco would want the coddling side of him to come out. But Adonis always liked to take care of others. Like Lachlan and Lilias. As the big brother, it had always been his responsibility to take care of others. But now all he did was try to be careful with Marco's eye and putting bandages over it. To make sure that Marco wasn't in too much pain; he had given him some pills and a bottle of water to use. Then he give him some crackers to eat and he wasn't sure if Marco had eaten them at all or not. He had seemed to be more talkative than Marco and they decided to rest in the woods for the night.

Now when Adonis had opened his eyes again; it was to the sound of a voice coming out of the speakers and Adonis felt like his heart was leaping out of his mouth. Then he sat up with a hasty movement and he glanced beside him, feeling relieved to see that Marco was still with him. Then he turned his head a little to listen to the announcement. He was going to not like this at all, wa-

Abel Zelenovic was beaten to death by Paloma Salt.

"H....Huh....? A-Abel...?" Adonis felt a wave of confusion and disbelief take over him and he had no idea what he was supposed to feel in that moment. The first person who died was Abel...? How, how, how...? He had to not break down and he let out a shaky breath, listening to the rest of the announcement. As much as he didn't want to and he just wanted to cover his ears away from the harsh reality. No, he listened to every single word spoken.

The victims.

The killers.

He knew them all. Of course he did! What was he thinking?! That he could blank out their names, their faces, their problems, their quirks, their personalities, their bonds, their friendships, their relationships. their everything! No, he had to remember them. He had to remember them all. Because not only were the victims; the victims.... The students who had killed were victims of a cruel fate. He knew that Ty has killed two people but Adonis wanted to believe that he had his reasons. Even if he ripped out a girl's throat.

Adonis couldn't even look at Marco beside him and he was silence for a while.

"Abel's dead.... He's dead..... They are all DEAD!!" Adonis screamed the last one in a burst of hidden anger that had been inside of him since Emmett broke his heart. But this.... this was so much worse than what Emmett had done. "BASTARDS!!! YOU'RE ALL FUCKING BASTARDS!! I'LL KILL YOU, I'LL KILL YOU!!"

Adonis was not the calm Adonis that everyone knew in that moment.
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Abel’s dead... Even Benny was dead... Ty was fucking eating people. Paloma killed Abel before anyone else woke up apparently...

Marco hated to say this... But he wasn’t surprised one bit. He expected different killers, sure. Marco expected Willow or Sierra, maybe even Wyatt or something. No. We got Paloma.

Paloma killed Abel. The guy was nice. Marco wouldn’t know anyone who’d have wanted to kill him, but hey, Fucking Paloma did it. She even gets a new toy and a free meal out of it! A free meal...

Marco wasn’t surprised though. All the nice people were getting picked off like that, like they normally do. They never stood a chance. Things like Dante getting wasted... The dude he huffed paint with, Benny, died of brain damage. If that happened to someone else it’d be funny, but it didn’t. It happened to Benny, so now Marco was a little bit mad.

Okay he was a lot mad. All the good to at least okay people were going first. Killed by other supposedly ‘nice’ people. The names of the killers, with the exception of Ty, didn’t make Marco feel a sense of dread. Rather, he felt proven right, yet again. People like Tirzah, Paloma, Katrina or Justin... So called ‘nice’ people. They killed just like that, with little or no prodding.

Marco thought about his conversation with Adonis yesterday. When he heard him scream that he’d kill everyone, Marco looked over at him. He wasn’t judging. He was right, he always was. Now Adonis saw things from his point of view.

Marco’s face didn’t change. There was no surprise, and no empathy for Adonis. His empathy was used up for the ones that needed it. The ones that actually died. He looked at Adonis, and just pointed to the bandage covering his eye.

“There’s no such thing as good people, Adonis...”

Marco knew all that shit about humanity coming a long way was garbage. People were born into shit, they will always be shit. Give someone an excuse to be evil, and they’ll give in to it.

Today was all the proof Marco needed. He hoped Adonis woke up and saw it too.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

No such thing as good people.... No such thing as good people.... No such thing as good people.... Am I really that blind? No, no. There are still good people here. Marco's wrong. He's just seen the worst side of some people who are desperate to survive. I shouldn't defend them for their disgusting crimes. They're not the only ones to blame in this....

Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. Adonis needed to breath in and out to calm himself down. He had never really had an outburst like that before. He remembered having a lot of heated discussions or arguments with his brother and Emmett a lot and he wished that he was back home doing just that. He didn't want to be here at all. However, he was and he had to deal with it as best as he could. He couldn't have an outburst like that again. Getting angry wasn't going to solve anything. He had to do something. Maybe not an escape as he wasn't sure that any ideas to escape would work and any plans for that was just fatal hope that was going to get shattered sooner or later.

He knew that. Even if he wanted a flicker of hope, he wasn't going to get it at all here.

Adonis glanced back at Marco with a sad expression on his face and he was squeezing his own knees with his hands to stop himself from having a breakdown. He couldn't be like how he had been on Prom night. He had to keep himself together, even if he was crumbling on the inside. "You're wrong, Marco. Not everyone is a bad person here. You can't think that everyone is bad. That's not how it works." Adonis said simply with a small shake of his head. "I'm still going to find Myles and then I'm going to find my friends. That's been my goal this whole time. I don't know what I'll do after but I want to see them. Even if I am dying, I'll do whatever it takes to see them. I'm not going to give up on people."

Not like you, Marco. I can't give up on people that I love and care about.

"So.... What are you going to do now, Marco?"
[+] V7
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Adonis calmed down. He was thinking rationally... at least from a normal person’s view again. He still didn’t see it. The fact that he wasn’t aware as Marco thought had proved him wrong. Marco was wrong. He knew it, but he didn’t want to say it.

Marco looked at Adonis, then at the ground again. He didn’t want to tell him. Marco knew what he was going to do, as much as Adonis did, or was it vice versa? Was Adonis asking in the hopes he wouldn’t?

“I... Okay. Maybe there are some good people. You have a point there, maybe some people want to help.”

Adonis was a good person. Marco remembered everything he said to him. Everything he said to Catherine. Everyone he’s known basically left him for dead. He lost his value to them the moment he didn’t follow their ideologies or he was abandoned the moment he had nothing to offer them.

After everything he said to Adonis, Adonis stayed with him. Adonis gave him some supplies, patched him up, and took care of him. Marco knew that Adonis was willing to give his life for a cause. He just hoped it would be a good one.

“But I’m going to be honest with you. Half the people you think are good, aren’t. They’re only pretending to be, because they think there is a chance they can make it back and play the victim. You heard the names Danya called out. Would you ever peg any of them as ‘bad’ people? You know they are now, but before he said anything, would you have really known?”

He wished Adonis understood him, but he knew he was wasting his breath. He knew Adonis was doomed to die of some backstabber and Marco knew he couldn’t help him. This was an issue Adonis had to solve for himself, a lesson he had to learn. Until he experienced what Marco had, he’d never know.

“I’m not gonna lie to you. I really think you should reconsider looking for Myles. He was always a two faced shit before here. He hasn’t changed. He’s gonna use you, then forget you the moment you need his help. It’s not just him though, it’s a lot of people.” Marco shrugged. “ I don’t know. I just wouldn’t throw my own life away for someone who doesn’t deserve it. They’re not gonna appreciate me anyways, why should I have to go for them to live? If you ask me, my life is more important than theirs...”

Marco hated not being able to see Adonis unless he looked right at him. He never appreciated how important peripheral vision was, until he was only able to see the tip of his nose in the corner of his view. He hated that he had to look Adonis in the eyes to see what he felt. If Marco was talking to anyone else, he wouldn’t feel shame. This would be pretty easy. With Adonis, it’s a lot harder.

“I don’t know man... Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe you’re right after all, but remember. This happened to me because I tried to help someone, and it happened to me because I trusted someone I really shouldn’t have.”

Marco laughed. He smiled. “ I’m gonna be honest. I want to know for sure. I think, I’m going back to the cliffs to wait a while. They say a criminal always returns to the scene of the crime? Something like that. I wanna try something. I want to see if it’s true.”

Marco clicked his tongue with his teeth, as he pondered what to say next. “ I uhh, I thought about what Angie said. I don’t know how to feel about it, so... I’m just gonna force myself to find out. I have a feeling I’ll see either Arjen or Willow and Sierra again. I wanna know what they feel about what they did. I wanna know what they feel about the consequences of their actions.”

Marco stared at Adonis, his face cold. He was dead serious. “You know me well enough to know that I’m not a violent person. I don’t start shit, I react to shit. Before you judge me, I want you to know, this isn’t about me. This is about what they’re going to do. How I’m going to react. I want to know once and for all.”

“If I don’t appear on the announcements tomorrow, where should we meet up? If that place is a death zone, then where to next?”
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Adonis was silent the whole time as Marco was talking and Adonis knew that he always waited until someone was done talking. But all the words that Marco was saying; they were cutting deeply at his heart because somewhere inside of him.... He knew that Marco was right about a lot of things that he was saying as much as Adonis didn't want to acknowledge it. People didn't want to die and they wanted to go back home. That was the simple reasons why he thought people were doing bad things here and they had something around their necks that could kill them as well.

What am I supposed to say to you, Marco? I'm not like you.

"....This is a lot to take in. I'm.... I'm going to still look for Myles and then I want to ask him something. I've been thinking about it ever since he found me. It's been nagging at me for a while. I didn't really think about it at all. But...." Adonis paused and he let out a soft sigh, shaking his head a little. "Maybe you're right. Maybe I shouldn't stick close to him. But I've always.... I'm just an idiot who always wants to help others and not myself. I know, I know. I need to think about myself here now. I need to know who to trust and who not to trust. If I made the wrong choice...."

He didn't finish that sentence. He was sure that Marco got the picture of what he meant by that.

"Back to the cliffs. Okay, okay. Just be careful not to run into someone else who might want to.... kill you." Adonis said, leaning closer to him and he didn't want him to go. Why did he feel like he would regret it? But this was Marco's choice. He couldn't stop him from doing what he wanted. Not right now. Marco was doing to do what he wanted to do. "Meet up...? How about.... the infirmary? Or the stables? I know, they don't sound like great places to go to. But they're pretty easy to remember, right?"

He then thought of about something and he was now more serious-looking. He had to ask now. Just in case....

"Hey, Marco. If I end up killing someone...." Adonis gulped and he was trying to keep his voice from breaking. "....Can you stop me from hurting anyone else? Please...?"
[+] V7
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

“Adonis...”

That was... That was something. Adonis had exposed himself to Marco. He exposed himself to the world. He just gave away his greatest fear, and to be honest? Marco wasn’t sure if he should really answer that question.

He would though, because Adonis was a friend, a real friend, and Marcus wasn’t going to give him a disservice by lying to him.

“Don’t take this the wrong way, but if you were gonna kill someone, I’d help you do it.”
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Adonis didn't know why he thought that Marco would tell him something else. Marco wasn't the type of person who would lie to him. Marco was possibly the most honest person that he had met on island and back at home. So he knew that Marco was being truthful with him right now and he knew that he should tell him off for saying something like that. But....

You knew that he would say that, Adonis. Don't deny it. You knew that Marco would help you, didn't you? You're the fool who would want someone to guide you. Even if you went down the wrong path....

God, what would Regina think of him if he...? No, he had to stay with a positive mind for now. But he knew that he wanted to know Marco's reason for wanting to help him.

"You would...?" Adonis said, blinking a little and he scratched his cheek awkwardly. "Why?"

Why are you talking about this as if it is a casual thing to do? Talking about murdering your classmates with another boy? You really are a stupid moron, Adonis!
[+] V7
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

“Don’t fool yourself. You know why.”

Marco closed his eye. He didn’t want to think about yesterday, but it was the exact reason he knew why he would.

“Remember when you thought I was a threat? When you got between me and Catherine because you thought I was gonna hurt her? After all that shit, you didn’t do anything against me. You knew there wasn’t anything I could do to you. You got me to comply just by... talking.”

Marco brushed his hands through his hair.

“If you really had to kill someone, then it meant you had to...”

“I’m, I’m sorry I was a shit to you earlier. I didn’t mean what I said. You’re the exception in a world of shit. You’re probably the only good person here.”

“That’s why I’d help. If you of all people had to kill someone, it means they really deserve what they have coming to them.”
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Adonis thought about yesterday with Marco on the cliff and he thought about how Marco was then. He had been able to see right through Marco; even if he had offered to be the guy's punching bag and he didn't use any violence on the boy. The only time for that, would be in a dire time if Adonis or someone that he cared about was in danger from someone else.

Marco was apologizing to him and Adonis' heart was getting heavy, making him bit down hard on his lower lip to stop himself from letting out a strangled sob.

He thinks that I'm a good person here. I don't know why he would think that. But I don't want him to know that he has made me feel better. Again. Wait, he had cheered me up again. Marco, you... Aagh. I can't get emotional. Marco doesn't need that right now. I need to be brave, I need to be strong, I need to protect others.

"Friends help friends, right?" He said with a slight smile and he nudged Marco's arm slightly. "You didn't have to apologize, you know. You just needed someone to be there for you and I wanted to be the one for you. A friend. I don't want you to think that I will ever turn my back on you here, because I am not like that. Even if you do something bad, I'll still be here for you. Okay?"

Adonis was wondering if he was sounding a bit sappy. It didn't matter. He needed to say it all to Marco. Just in case, they wouldn't see each other anymore after this.

"...Do you need anything before you go? Any supplies? Food? First aid?" He asked.
[+] V7
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Marco smiled hearing that. It wasn't a smirk, or a shit eating grin, or the usual smug anime girl shit he did to annoy others, it was a legitimate smile. It was nice to have someone care. It hurt a little bit too. Only one of them could make it home. It was pretty fucked up, but that's how it was.

Even after everything that happened, after everything that will happen, Adonis would be there for him. It hurt in a way. It hurt to see someone so good here. It hurt to know that just by existing, Marco was going to ruin Adonis' innocence. It hurt knowing that Adonis would be worse off as a human being just by being in Marco's vicinity. It hurt that it was better this way, that in the end, Adonis would have a better chance of surviving because of it. He offered him something before Marco had to leave.

"I'm good on food... I don't need food for a couple of days, and I already have the crackers you gave me. That's more than enough for right now. I just need some meds and water. The only thing I'm worried about is hydration. You can't last a day without water. Not here in this weather."
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

"Alright. Let me just get that stuff out for you."

Adonis unzipped his bag and he wiped at his brow that had a bit of sweat on it. Marco really wasn't wrong about the weather here. Adonis wondered how he was going to do this. He only had two full bottles and one that had half left. The other one he had given to Marco and he glanced at it that was beside Marco. Was there about half in that one too? He got out one of the bottles and he held it out to Marco with a kind smile.

"There you go for the water. I hope that'll be good for a day...?"

He turned back to his bag and he looked at the first aid kit. Then he looked back at Marco, the kit, Marco, the kit, Marco, the kit. He really was going to do this, wasn't he? At least he thought that it was going to be worth it. He took out the first aid kit and he glanced at Marco once again.

"Take the whole thing." He said, holding it out to him with a determination look on his face. "You need it more than me."
[+] V7
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

"Thanks. I appreciate this. I really do."

Marco opened the first aid kit. He peeled back the bandages along his eye and applied the burn cream around his eye. It wasn't doing much since the burn was on his eye, but maybe it'll absorb in through his eyelid or something. He poured himself a handful of ibuprofen, popping it into his mouth like candy, before washing it down with the water. He put the pills back into the kit, then slid the bag back to Adonis. "Thank you, but I really don't need all of it. This will keep me going, until I...Find another one."

Marco got up, taking another drink of water. He smiled at Adonis as he rolled the cap back on. "I'm glad you trust me, even after everything. I won't be a mooch and bother you anymore..." Marco turned to head for the cliffs. He turned back around to look at Adonis. He saw a storm coming in the distance.

"Hey, just so we're clear. I'm not leaving to start shit." Marco continued to smile, but it turned just a bit more sour. "I'm leaving to finish shit. If that can get fixed without anyone having to die, so be it, but..." Marco pointed to his eye. "That might not be an option. Just a fair warning. If you hear my name, just know they deserved it. Just like if I heard your name."

Marco started walking. "Well I won't bug you anymore. Take care! Hopefully I'll see you soon, in better circumstances! If not, well, I guess it was me that had it coming!" Marco waved as he moved up the path.

Marco had decided that it was time to get his. And you know...

He'll get his.

No, he will.

He always does.

((Marco continued elsewhere.))
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

"See you, Marco!" Adonis called out as he waved to the waving, disappearing figure of Marco and then he sat there for a while, sighing softly. "At least I hope I'll see you. Even if we both might do things that we might regret in the long run. Looks like I have to get a move on too."

You should check his page first.

Who's page...?

You know who's page....

Adonis did know who he wanted to look up and he decided that it was best for him to do it now since Marco had made him a bit worried about that person. He put his first aid kit back into his bag. He got the binder out of the dufflebag and he started to flip through the pages. He didn't have to go that far in, just a few pages in. He let out a small breath as he stared at the name in front of him.

Myles Roux.

Adonis then looked through the information about Myles before he decided to move on quickly to find that other boy.

((Adonis Cohen continued elsewhere))
[+] V7

Return to “The Woods”