Rain in July

open to anyone who wants to interact with this greasy loser

One of several malls located around the city, Harrison Central is a popular destination for those looking to shop or to just hang out. Its convenient proximity to several downtown tourist attractions and wide offering of stores both thrifty and high-end all but guarantees that it will often be crowded, full of bustle and energy.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Garren wanted to fucking die.

Like, just, right here, in the middle of the Subway, if he could just keel over and stop breathing that’d be fucking great, thanks a lot. Hell, it’d probably do wonders for his social standing if that happened. Maybe people would stop referring to him as ‘the greasy fucker with the Meninist cap who hates women and minorities’ and instead call him ‘the dude who straight up spontaneously combusted and died in a sandwich shop’. It was only one or two rungs higher on the ladder, but when you were standing on the ground the only way you could go was up.

Did everybody in George Hunter want a fucking meatball marinara today or what? And it was all girls too, which was just fucking peachy. Demetri had probably already blown his load after Willow had touched him, but with more girls interacting with him than he’d ever dealt with before in his life, there was about a 90% chance he was just gonna nut all over the place. As if there needed to be more unhealthy shit in a Subway footlong.

And, of course, one of those girls had to be Tonya ‘I got myself knocked up during high school and wondered why everybody started treating me differently’ Collins. Now this bitch, this was someone Garren really couldn’t stand. Always with some obnoxious snide comment, always on the defensive, constantly on his ass for ‘hating all women’ or something when, no, dipshit, it was just you, cause you were too stupid to remember to use protection.

This other girl, Garren didn’t have a clue about. She was a completely non-entity, a nobody as far as he was concerned, because not a single name was popping into mind when he looked at her.

… She was kinda cute though. Definitely Garren’s type. Not that anyone would ever know that. Not that he’d ever have a chance whilst he was still in this city.

“Yeah, fuckin’ welcome, you two can be the two head cunts of the shithead meeting.”

He tried to keep his voice low, tried to stop this from escalating to the entirety of the shop, but hey, Willow had started it all, taking a jab at him and Demetri for no fucking reason. Anyone with two eyes and a brain could see she was the toxic issue here, so if they decided to round on him, they were just as stupid as she was.

“Anyways, I’d say you’ll just end up like her-“

Garren spat the word out as he chucked a glance at Tonya, disdain clear as day on his face and dripping from his voice.

“But good luck finding anyone who’ll wanna fuck you. Hell, enjoy these last few days of school, cause it’s all downhill from here for you now.”

He turned his withering glare towards Catherine, or, at least, what he hoped was withering. He wasn’t the most intimidating guy around, after all.

“The fuck are you looking at?”

Probably the fucking sandwich board, like everyone else in here. Christ. The floor couldn’t open up beneath him and swallow him whole soon enough.
[+] V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Pregame - Chill - Loss - Realm
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Pregame - Vend-etta - Flames - Fleet - Monachopsis - Glitter
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Prom - Link - Gradation - Ballare
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!
Pregame - Evolution - Life - Lo Mein
Memories - Forward - Odds

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Pregame - Generation - Prince
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Astrid Tate - So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Owen Kay - I fold my tie and ribbon to hide my scars, that's how it starts
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Beatrice - Jamie - Pippi - Tim - Ada - Tabby - Romeo - Lissa - Freddie - Trinity - Redd - Natalie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

Didn't work. Diiiiiiiiid not work.

Catherine wanted to just shrink down into a ball. But that would basically be shouting to the world that, hey, I'm a fragile little flower that can't even handle basic human interaction.

And no, it wasn't that bad, but it was still, well... too close for comfort.

All Catherine wanted was that nobody recognized her. But no. Instead of course, everyone recognized her. And Willow even called on her, drawing the others' attention onto her even more.

Gee, thanks.

Catherine tried to think of some kind of way to extricate herself from the situation but at the same time... that would be kind of like admitting defeat, would it not? Catherine wanted that sandwich, and by god was she gonna get it.

She took one look at Demeteri and Garren and kind of just regretted everything right now, okay?

Garren was staring at her. Glaring at her, like she'd done something wrong. Catherine needed to shut that down right now.

She gave him a look of utter indifference, a trained look she'd cultivated over the years. A look of 'I absolutely couldn't care less about your presence' that she'd use to shoo people that she didn't want to deal with away.

Then she look back at the sandwich board while uttering a single short 'Hmph'.
Cicada

Post by Cicada »

"Well when women can finally be drafted I'm sure they'd love to have you," Demetri shot back Willow's way, noting that somewhere on the margin yet more autism was slowly being corralled into their vicinity by the cattle prod God called coincidence. "Y'know, to keep things equal and all." That was like, one of those meninist points that Garren had pointed out to Demetri, that Demetri really had given a lot of thought to. No women in the draft- totally a fucking unfair advantage for men everywhere. If women wanted their pay gap to get closed they'd better be ready to lace up combat boots, be ready to go out into the wilderness to fight fires for poor hazard pay. Just Demetri's two cents on that whole thing.

He watched Garren and Willow, first idly, then with a sudden weary eye turned the way of their new arrival. Demetri's already slight frown- the bubbling out of his weariness over any moment in time spent with a girl on this earth not named Mercy or Faith causing him to feel some combination of ashamed for and sorry for himself- deepened. That one girl in their class who'd gotten knocked up. He knew the face, not the name (something Collins?), not the father because like hell Demetri would associate with a dude too stupid to not wrap it up.

Garren said things, Demetri...

Was not so enthusiastic about, for once. Funny how that went. Demetri knew the whole spiel- welfare queen, all that- but for him he didn't know so much. He kind of felt sorry for teen mom girl, something he'd only admit to himself when nobody was around to hear. She had a hard road ahead of her and she was doing her best, probably. It was still her fault, of course, and any liberal who wanted to claim otherwise was the most Eminem-colored of all white knights, but it was like. He supposed he could at least pity her. The thought of making a crack at her expense just made him feel hollow inside, the same sort of empty feeling that came with thinking of the many years in this life he was destined to be alone in this gross, materialistic world.

Thus- evocative of his attempts at writing thesis statements in Prescott's class, this- he supposed he was on Garren's side, but not particularly. Taking a stand, that was for sure.

He went the easy route and parried Catherine's glare with a poignantly lame shrug, doing his best to ignore Collins in that measured way where it seemed like he was agreeing with his man Garren by the weight of his silence. He followed her glancing up at the Subway menu, and then belatedly realized something that had his phone out of his pocket. He glared intently into the cracked screen- maybe he'd look cool and important if he seemed this busy.
[+] Demetri, Garren
dude
i dont actually have any cash
ill look like a total bitch if i was just standing around to not buy shit
pay for my meal and ill get u back later?
V8 Vibes:
[+] Peace Only Under Liberty
Character Relation Planner! - I'll be responding to proposals and ideas in increments, please be patient!
V7 Vibes:
[+] Cicada Uses A Gun For The First Time
ImageB008, Demetri Futscher - Captain Of The USS Dekcuc - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
Image G018, Beryl Mahelona - Sleepyhead - 1 *
ImageG040, Camila Cañizares - Nightingale - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
ImageG060, Princess McQuillan - a flimsy purpose - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 *
ImageG065, Kelly Nguyen - everyone's friend - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Updated Character Appearances - Updated July 2020
Pregame Relationships
Somersault

Post by Somersault »

So, okurr, Tonya just had to go and scoff at Garren’s remarks as if he thought he was the fucking king of the world, because trashing idiots who thought they were better than her and shit never got old. Yes, it was stupid, duh, but it wasn’t as if her whole life had gone to shit, did it? Some of it did, mmhmm, but she loved Patrice with all her heart, tryna do everything right by her, and some stupid greasy asshat wearing some stupid weeb shit did not have the right to speak about her like that. No one did, but especially not dudes like that.

“Mmm, because going to UT-Chattanooga is such a bad fate?” Tonya asked, or really, spit out at Garren, with narrowed eyes and a smirk on her face. If he wanted to get down and dirty and spit some real shit, he was gonna have to try harder. “I mean, because all the girls want a piece of you, don’t they?” If her words could sting, then she definitely wished they did, barbed with a hard heart and the bitter feeling that came up like puke.

Willow was off dissing them too, which was great, because she could definitely empathize with a bitch trying to dismiss these asswipes with class and courtesy, while invisible girl…actually seemed to have some sorta backbone! Good for her. Silent refusal wasn’t really in her playbook, but if that’s the way she was gonna deal, it was the way she was gonna deal. No shame in that.

If they really wanted to throw down, she was gonna give them something to go down on.

Yes, yes, of course she was gonna get back to buying some formula, which was real important she definitely wasn’t forgetting, but first, she was gonna deal with these fools. Maybe she wouldn’t punch a bitch out, but she definitely could try to spit some shit to make them go crying back to their mothers.

She should know, after all. Was a mother, yadda yadda, the fact they all wanted to ride her ass on. If she was already up shit creek, she might as well pull everyone else into the water too, right? Especially Garren and his little sidekick Demetri, the guy who’d apparently tried to sidle up and serenade the girl who was now Gaelan’s lady back in freshman year, which just made everything a whole fucking ocean of awkwardness. Now, maybe gossiping wasn’t what her momma taught her, but considering how much she’d probably had her name spit around, she thought making just a few inroads woulda been good.

Her hands were still on hips, looking straight at the White Might duo, looking anything but mighty because they were fucking doofuses, but she was still looking at them. Daring them. Challenging them, to go on and do something reaaaaal dumb. She had things to do, and really? It was their fault for being such awful people in the first place.

Totally.
[+] mona lisas and mad hatters
ImageImageImageImage
Appearance Tracker!
[+] a soiled dove finding herself
Image Tonya Collins - Got messy. - Unpretty - TLC
Memories: Child
Pregame: Rain
Prom: Honey
Trip: Furbies
Island: Girl - Way - Delicious - Rakshasa
Tonya by Irina!
Tonya by Ryuki!
[+] a damsel no longer
Image Kelly Nguyen: Couldn't claw back up. - 1234 - Feist
Memories:
Pregame: Universe - Puppies
Trip: Interesting
Island: Holiday - Play - Down - Robot - Unicorn
Kelly by Mimi!
Kelly by Ryuki!
[+] a sheriff trying to keep the peace
Image Adele Jones: Believed. - Good As Hell - Lizzo
Adele by Mimi!
Adele by Ryuki!
Memories:
Pregame: Chartreuself - Lair - Collisions
Trip: Down
Island: Hunger - Darwinism - Mario - Lucifer - House
[+] a cowboy looking for something to ride
ImageMike Brown: Spoke up. - Oh, What A World - Kacey Musgraves
Memories: Timog
Pregame:
Trip: Life
Island: Steady - Miles - Dive
Mike by Ryuki!
[+] tumbleweeds
[+] the town crier whispered
Image Keisha Higgins-Bell - Scouring out her next scoop. - Q.U.E.E.N. - Janelle Monae and Erykah Badu
Memories: President - Misery
Pregame: Talmbout - Time
Meanwhile: Wings - Persuasion - Everything
Keisha by Mimi!
Keisha by Ryuki!
Keisha by Kotori!
[+] v8
Ji-won "Daniel" Song is just praying along. - I know that you're a sucker for anything acoustic.
Anna-Lynn "Ashlei" Mercado is staying in the spotlight. - Hit or miss, I guess they never miss, huh?
DeDe Dixon is the best. Definitely.
Pari Shirazi has been wreaking havoc since 2000!
Abby Davis wants to be in the know.
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

Was this the part Willow needed to say she couldn't get pregnant or that was too TMI? In any case, she raised her hand to hide her mouth when she giggled. Catherine had completely ignored her and the two boys. She turned toward Demetri as he finished his comment about drafting. She cocked her head, and tried to understand why did he bring it up. She then realized she had a free jab.

"Oh, draft. I wasn't thinking of that." She turned around then continued down the aisle, getting closer to her turn in the queue to order something. Obviously, Demetri would bring it up. Draft was a stupid thing in and of itself, but it did bring up gender difference. For someone who was quite keen on hating them, he sure quite bringing them up.

Willow was still facing toward when she came up with words that didn't quite make sense to someone who wasn't aware of the situation. She muttered the following words, "I'm pretty sure you could get exempted. You know with the whole Ariana Simpson deal? Questionable."

There were no response, other than from Tonya's. To be honest, Willow wasn't listening to Tonya's words. Her mind was already thinking about eating and as the queue went down, her brain became more and more engrossed with the idea of devouring her salad. Willow turned around, and Demetri was on his phone. Willow took that as a 'we're done for the moment', and she was actually kind of glad.

"You know," she turned around, "I think the whole draft deal is dumb-"

She looked down and noticed the words he was typing. They were blurry, hidden behind cracks, and it took her a second to understand what he was typing. Willow was unable to look away, her lizard brain trying to understand what it was. Something about cash and paying someone later, and then she realized she wasn't supposed to see this.

She looked up to Garren then put her hand in her purse.

Return to “Harrison Central Mall”