I Turned Into A Martian

#swiftball/garage/open

Chattanooga plays host to numerous festivals throughout the year, from Pride marches to film festivals to sporting events; this is the place for those and other specific events, public or personal. Other threads that take place within the city limits but not in any other specified location also belong here. Please use this board only for threads that really don't fit anywhere else, however; threads that take place in one of the delineated areas, even if they represent events, should be placed in the area board for better organization. Threads that take place outside the city of Chattanooga should also be placed in the appropriate board.
ItzToxie

I Turned Into A Martian

Post by ItzToxie »

((Marco Volker continued from In Vino Veritas))

Marco hopped up upon a nearby tool table, letting his feet dangle idly off the edge. He took another sip of his rapidly decreasing reaqquired alcholholic beverage.

This party kind of sucked ass. Like yeah he wasn’t expecting it to be anything like an actual party worthy of a punk, but like shit, he didn’t expect everyone to be all uptight neither. He’d rather be at some divebar moshpit with some underground cover band blaring their version of institutionalized jumping against people and shit. This shit right here? This shit was boring. Tacky.

The main issue was that it’s artificial. Everyone comes in to pretend to be like all close and friendly with each other, then alcohol gets thrown in and then you see people for what they are. It’s one thing for everyone to be at each others throats. He got that, he totally did, but like they pretend to be all buddy buddy with each other while they’re planning to usurp them of their crown like some game of thrones tier shit was just confusing. It was funny too because they weren’t even aware of it.

Marco took another sip, then began kicking his feet back and forth out of boredom. Everyone was a bunch of stiffs. Like Marco didn’t get it at all. Everyone was just basic as fuck calling each other basic as fuck and thinking they’re special because they’re a different brand of basic. Aww shit Vanilla Bean is different from French Vanilla congratufuckinglations.

This shit was kind of funny though, to be fair. Like the audacity of it anyways. Everyone is all like ‘hurr come to the party have a good time’ then someone starts having a good time and then some moral guardian has to be like ‘no u can’t do that in this wholesome kid friendly alcoholic teenage wasteland’ and start flipping their shit and spazzing out. The amusing part Marco guessed, was the cognitive dissonance of it all.

Marco really shouldn’t be bothered by it. Shit was funny as fuck but like everyone was against him and it pissed him off because of how hypocritical it was. Marco wanted to do shit, but everyone was stiffs. Nobody wanted to do fun shit besides circlejerk while shittalking the other circlejerk.

Marco took another sip. “Fuuck man, this party is balls...”
Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

[[Benedict Murray continued from The Good Times Are Killing Me]]

Benny returned to the garage with the ladder under his arm but while he was away Marco Volker had entered the garage. The punk sat on a table inside and was sipping a beverage while exclaiming how much the party had sucked. Benedict greeted.

"Hey."

He placed the ladder back to where it stood before he lent it from the Quinns. Then he looked back to Volker who looked sorrowful.

"What's up, man?"

Grin.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

“Oh man you really won’t believe it even if I told you so.”

Benny Murray just sort of appeared carrying a ladder, and to be honest Marco didn’t really question it at all, either due to being semi-shitfaced or his lack of surprise at almost anything that could happen at this point. Whatever though, he seemed like a cool enough dude so like hey, maybe they could chitchat!

“Everyone’s just so uppity. Crack a joke or two and some dumbass has to cause a shitstorm over it...” Marco looked at Benny hesitating to continue for a moment.

“Y’know what, fuck it.” Marco looked at his bottle which was going down too quickly to be any good for him, and set it to the side. His tongue was going numb and his head was getting a little spinny.

“So I may have fucked up and went too far, like... saying shit. And like yeah, I guess I get it, but like, no... No, no. No! You know what? NO!” What was Marco thinking? The shitstorm didn’t happen because of him. It was literally all her fault. If he takes the guilt that means she won, fuck that scene! “Shit wasn’t me! You know Ariana?”

Marco rubbed his hands through his hair as his leg started shaking. “She... aw fuck lemme start from the beginning.” Marco’s blinking went into warp drive as he began processing his rant. “Okay, so like basically a bunch of us were playing never have I ever, and it was all going well. Well you know, it’s like a drinking game, the goal is to make everyone uncomfortable and I’m just damn good at winning things like that. Sue me.”

Marco blinked again and watched the door as if on lookout. “Okay so like I’m cracking jokes and shit, people are laughing people, are going ew, the usual shit. In comes the Late Pleistocenic Era trailer park troglodyte, Ariana. She starts getting all triggered and shit, acting like a kindergarten teacher and shit. You know-“ Marco picked up a falsetto voice with some vaguely upper class posh accent “ how dare you use that kind of language in my presence don’t you know how important I think I am?!” Marco's voice returned to its raspy drawl. “So I’m like, alright bet, don’t want to trigger the ultra sensitive, so I crack a joke at Emmett’s expense, who I forgot was also as ultra sensitive like a harlequin baby or something...”

Marco paused to give out a quick chuckle before continuing. “ So like, Ariana flips shit. Not Emmett, Ari. She sees she can make this big scene about her, so she decides to take off running with it-“ Marco extended his lower jaw outward and slouched forward puffing out his chest in a childish pantomime of a caveman, err cave woman, whatever. “Ugh me Ari! Ari Triggered! Ari smash!” Marco sits back resuming his rant. “ so she like slaps me and kills the vibe of the game, and like honestly that part wasn’t that bad, like it was funny as fuck dude, you should have seen it I totally owned her so bad she had to do the whole ‘I’m not mad! You’re mad ell o ell you mad bro!’ as she wandered off to commit more acts of random aggression. Like that part was funny.”

Marco rolled his neck to the side and took a deep breath his motormouth needing that good ol oxygen fuel to continue going at breakneck speeds. “The part that pissed me off was like everyone was taking her side and shit, and even Emmett back stabs me for that bitch. Like the worst part was- actually no this is the best part!” Marco couldn’t help but get all gigglely and shit for the delivery. “ So Mikki and Andy are like ‘hurr Marco if you start shit again we’ll have you thrown out!’ And like literally not ten feet away is Ariana in the next room, continuing her spazout going all-“ Marco went back into caveman mode, beating on his chest and shaking his head back and forth yelling out some incomprehensible noises that could only be described as “wooloowooloowoooloowooolay!” Before resuming.

“Fucking literally right behind them Ariana just fucked up Lil Demetri’s shit for like no reason, like his nose was bleeding and everything! So I look at them and I’m like-“ Marco puts his hand to his ear as if he’s trying to listen for something. “Shhh... you hear that? That is the sound of someone’s frontal lobe being pushed in. And then at that point I’m just like, fuck it peace out bitches, and here I am.”

Marco inhaled again and sighed deeply. “Fuuuck I am sorry you had to hear all of that but I had to get that off my chest. This party is a fucking joke and I have absolutely zero respect for its authority because I know it ain’t shit, and fuck I really needed to vent.”

His eyes trailed across the room until it stopped on something that caught his eyes. Something that really got his fancy. Something that was destined to ease his troubled mind. Marco Volker lit up instantly. He pushed himself off the table and glided over to it, undeterred by the vodka pulsing through his veins. Marco reached across the shelf and picked it up.

“This party’s security may as well be shitcurity, we can literally do whatever we want, man. Check it!” Marco turned around, and in his hands were two metal cylinders, one with a green lid and one with a blue lid. “I got an idea...”

Marco tossed Benny the can of blue spraypaint as he was shaking the green can. “We are about to get fucked up in ways nobody else here will!”

Marco smiled devilishly at Murray.

“You in?”
Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

Benedict carefully listened to Marco's ramblings and nodded from time to time. Apparently Marco had been a part of the crowd that was playing drinking games Benny noticed in the background when he walked through the party. From what Marco was telling it turned out to be much more dramatic than fun for him. He didn't agree with Marco that Never Have I Ever was about making others feel uncomfortable but more about telling fascinating stories about themselves to each other, but Benny kept that from himself and pretended to understand Marco fully.

"Yeah, Ariana has a...difficult personality."

Benny shrugged. "There's not much you can do about that."

Marco threw him a can of spraypaint and Benny caught it without flinching a second. Benny raised his right eyebrow and giggled.

"You wanna vandalize the streets with Anti-Ariana slogans?"

Benedict used graffiti like once in his life and it was a cool experience. But Marco was not intending to use it to spray walls.

"Haha, just kidding. I'm in."
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Marco shook his can laughing a bit at the graffiti statement. His only experience with graffiti was utilizing pens on the inside of bathroom stills, writing various flowery poems such as the ‘here I sit broken hearted’ or on occasion vandalizing someone else’s vandalism by turning their poorly drawn swastika into a loss meme, but he’s never really sprayed up walls. Truth be told, he wasn't even experienced in spraying up the walls of his lungs, it just seemed like something to do in the moment.

But hey! Benny was interested in the art that is whippets so tonight was gonna turn out to be an experience, one way or another. “Hell yeah! That’s the spirit!” Now for the hard part...

How exactly was he supposed to do this? He heard someone say you were supposed to spray in a bag and breath in, but then there was the Fury Road way, which looked a lot cooler, and probably worked just as well.

He wanted to go all in, but he did not want to huff more than he could breath and look like an idiot in front of Benny either, so... Fuck it, let’s grab a bag!

Marco looked around the garage before finding an old plastic Walmart bag holding a bunch of random garage junk, so he took it and dumped the contents.

“Man fuck this garbage ass party! We’re about to have the real one in here!” Marco began to shake the can again before closing the nozzle off using the bag. Marco watched as the interior of the bag went from grey to green and became ecstatic.

This was gonna be lit! Marco wondered what sort of crazy space-hell he’d see! Shit he hoped it’d look cool. Like he hoped he’d travel to the Warp in 40k or some shit, or suddenly get like some sort of premonition.

Marco brought the bag to his lips. This was gonna be so fucking hardcore, he was gonna get trashed in ways alcohol wouldn’t! This was gonna be awesome! Marco breathed in.

He coughed, taking his face away from the bag, lips and nose now tinted a pale shade of chartreuse.

He didn’t feel a thing! This sucked! All this seemed to do was make his throat itchy and clog his nostrils with the scent of chemical pigment and compressed air! Shit.

Marco handed the bag over to Benedict coughing lime green mist into his elbow. “H-here, you try...”

Marco coughed into his arm again. “T-that’s some good shit.” He lied.
Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

Good shit? That sounded fun. Benny took the bag Marco handed over and began shaking his blue can. He wasn't concerned about it harming him, because it was only going to be one time and how could this spray harm him in a way his daily cigarettes don't?

After spraying the blue colour into the bag Benny inhaled the content while tilting his head back, took a deep inhale, then dropped the bag and began coughing loudly into his shoulder. His eyes were burning.

Dizzily he quickly took some steps out of the garage to get some fresh air while still coughing.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Marco watched as Benny moved towards the outside of the garage coughing a lot harder than Marco did. “Hey, you good?” Marco yelled out through coughs.

You know this figures. Of course it wouldn’t work. It just seemed like this night was just one big disappointment after another. Marco coughed again as his lips began to tingle, he started walking outside as well.

Screw this party, he was going hooooo-oh oh woah. Okay, okay this was new. The tingling in Marco’s lips spread up his face just below his forehead. Marco turned his head and looked around as little specks of light fluttered into his vision.

Okay, maybe one more huff wouldn’t hurt. Marco picked the bag up and sprayed again, bringing it to his face once more. He breathed in again but tried his hardest not to cough it out.

Hold it in, hold it in... Come on. The tingles increased and Marco felt like he’d just flew off a merry go round at Mach 1. He stumbled back, staring at the sky as it started going all wavy like. He coughed again and green-blue mist filled the air around him as if the weather was ice cold.

Marco had just felt like he’d been to the dentist, not like he had known what that was like, considering his monumental gap, but it felt a lot like what people said laughing gas felt like.

“Hey Benny!” Marco gasped between coughs. “You gotta come back here and try this again!”
Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

Benny turned his head back to the garage to look at the blue-green mouthed Marco.

"Nah, I'm good", he mumbled. Cough. Benny could already feel the effects of the inhalant. Benny grinned and walked back in, tumbling. It was okay. He was feeling better. He still had to cough between the steps but that was fine. His lungs were already pretty fucked up.

Then he took the bag from Marco's hand and sprayed into it, shook it and decided to inhale it once more. Marco had two sips, Benny had two. Benny caught up and was happy with his ability to catch up to Marco's capacity to take on this poison. Woah. It was kicking in even more he couldn't think he couldn't his mind was free he had to cough he coughed he felt thinking bout the thinking coughing coughing again and coughing again he handed it over back to Marco and he coughingly walked back out to whoa the stars he stepped cough cough his lung burnt he tasted the paint he felt good thinking not thinking not thinking just flowing with the motion his body made and the stars were so beautiful and he walked further away from the garage and he saw the grass reminding him of his childhood and decided to lay down it was harder than he expected but from this position he could observe the beautiful stars and relax and relax and laugh and cough and ignore his running nose and relax and not worry about anything. Fuck, these stars were beautiful. He wished his house would have such a nice front yard.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Marco watched as Benny took his second breath of paint, before laying down. The world was spinning kinda quickly. Benedict had the right idea. Marco stumbled next to him, then sat down beside him, taking the bag back in his hand and taking another breath of it before laying his back along the ground, coughing up another cloud as he did so.

As he closed his eyes he felt the world going apeshit around him, it wasn't just spinning anymore, he felt like he was getting flipped back and forth along a turning wheel as it moved in every direction. Marco opened his eyes again and looked towards Benedict. He couldn't help but giggle. Benny looked pretty stupid all blue. "Haha, holy shit dude. You look like, a fucking N'avi or some shit."

This was nice. Marco liked this. It wasn't what he was expecting, but it was pretty nice. Marco thought huffing paint was supposed to hype you up, and like, make you feel like a god and shit. Like that one dude who had all the arrows and shit in him. He had one in his face! Fuck yeah, Morsov. Witness! But nah, seriously, this was different. This was like the calmest he's ever felt like ever. The vodka just kind of pissed him off after a while. Paint did the trick though, holy fuck. Why didn't he do this sooner? Marco wondered if miniature paint would do it. He'd have to test that whenever he painted some more chaos marines for his Emperor's Children list.

He kept his eyes trailed on the sky as he spoke again. "So Benny, how was your night so far?" He couldn't help but giggle at the tingly sensation in his face. This shit was so weird..." Bet you seen some shit, didn't you?"
Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

Naavi avatar yeah he looked like that but he did not have to worry because he could shower tomorrow and wow that image in the stars shower woo that was crazy he looked away from the sky well he couldn't the skies were still above them but he looked at his hands they were blue like the naaivis from avatar hahaha wow he had to he had to shave his beard right he probably looked like blue bearded whatever he was looking at marco

FUCK

where did he appear from ?

Marco was suddenly next to him. fuck.

Hey, don't shock me

it was so weird. Talking about what happened. What happened today? Oh god he had to create sentences.

"Nuffin."

Then he looked back into the sky, closed his eyes and saw things
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

"...How."

Marco continued to stare at the sky as he wondered just how lucky or unlucky Benedict was. How does one go into a party without seeing anything? Wasn't the whole point of the party the part where shit happens?

"Did you just get here?"

Marco had never felt as stumped. Like, that answer was dividing by zero. It almost bothered Marco to think about, but his spraypaint induced warpdrive quickly calmed him down. "That's cool."

Marco continued to stare off into space. He wondered what else he could say. He couldn't really think too much right now. Maybe silence was better, but he still liked to talk.

"So, how you doing?"
Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

"Yeah, I came in late because I had to still do stuff at home. Cook. Shower. Render a video. There's not much I can tell 'bout this party."

Waitwaitwait he already forgot the happenings of oh god yeah right

"Well, a couple of kids were on the roof of this mansion. So I uh I uh tried to grab a ladder and help them get down but then they disappeared and."

Benedict turned his head to watch the house that freaking huge and Forrest was probably

"Man, what do Forrest's parents work as? This house is freaking huge. I wish my house was that big."
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Oh yeah, that's why he was carrying the ladder earlier. Marco wondered why he didn't even question that.

"Huh."

Marco blinked.

"How did they get down? Did they do a flip?"

Marco giggled, then looked towards Forrest's house as Benedict pointed it out. "It's pretty fucking big." Marco wasn't sure what else to say, he just wanted to lay down and enjoy the tingle. It was rude to give up the conversation though, so might as well keep going.

"So... Now what?"
Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

"Man, I don't know ! They just disappeared."

Now what, now what ?

Hmm. Benny turned a bit on the grass and woah, the grass. He began to pick the blades of grass from the ground, rubbed them between his fingers and smelled the sweet, wet smell of grass.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

"I..."

Marco didn't really want to think at all anymore, he just wanted to enjoy the pins and needles, to just sit back and enjoy shit. "I don't know man..." The sensation crawling along Marco's skin was dissipating, and his ability to taste the pain lining his lips was returning. The tingles transformed into shivered and Marco cringed and gagged. "Eugh…"

Marco sat up, but did it too suddenly, and he felt nauseous. He had to sit still to let his stomach settle. He didn't want to move. This wasn't fun anymore.

"I think I fucked up."

None of this was fun anymore.

Return to “Events/Other”