The 26th SotF Snog Contest

SOTF's own Eurovision-style song contest. Submit songs that fit the theme and get mercilessly judged on your taste in music here.
Yugikun

The 26th SotF Snog Contest

Post by Yugikun »

[imagine that I can embed youtube videos on this forum and that the Ballroom scene from FFVIII is here]

Hey hey. It’s me, Yugi, your MC for the night. Now I’m pretty sure all y’all have been dancin’ your legs out all night long (please help i’ve never been to a dance before i don’t know the proper terminology) so I’m gonna cut the tempo a bit. Give tha couples in the room a lil’ time to get a lil’ romantic on the stage, if y’know what I mean. Gonna need ta find my playlist though.

Uh.

Shit.

Where’s my slow dance playlist?

Uh…

Guess you guys are gonna have’ta help me outta bit, here...

Welcome to the 26th honorary Interim SOTF Song Contest. Your theme?

The Slow Dance.
[+] Slow Dance Theme and Song Nomination Rules
1. Songs may be anything that you could conceivably see being played at the slow dance section of a wedding, formal, prom night, bar mitzvah, whatever. General ballroom music is also acceptable, if you so choose.

2. No Eurovision Covers - regular covers are fine though.

3. No reality show/competition covers.

4. Please don't use anything we've used in a prior songtest (Master Songtest Sheet here).

5. Gonna go ahead and steal Kermit's and Shiola’s rule here and say that while criticism's fine, there's no need to relentlessly slag songs in chat. This is for fun and we all have different tastes, which is part of the experience of participating in these.
[+] Snogtest Rules
Songs will be randomly divided into 2 or 3 semifinals depending on turnout. if you're going to be away at some point in the next couple of weeks, let me know and I can try to put your song in a round when you'll be here.

Listen to every song and give points to your top 10 favourites: 12 to your favourite, 10 to your second, 8 to your third, 7 to your fourth, and so on down to 1 point for your tenth favourite.

If your song is in a given round, you must vote that round or you'll be eliminated. if your song isn't in that round (or you aren't in the contest at all), your vote will be counted as a public vote, which counts for half points. If you're doing a public vote in chat, tag me in Discord with @Shiola so that I can find them.

Public votes will all count as half-votes.

The top songs will move on to the final; the number of top songs depends on the number of contestants. Repeat the process for the finals and we get a winner.

The winner gets to hold the next contest, or they can pass the job along to 2nd place if they don't want to. 2nd place can pass down to third, etc, until someone wants to host.

Each semifinal and the final will last for three days.

If you know at the start of your semifinal that you won't be available to vote for those four days, let me know and I can move you to another semifinal, if we aren't on the final one already.
And that’s it, I think? Sign-ups will run for roughly four days from this post, or until we get thirty. Either or. Italics means that whoever’s signed up hasn’t submitted a song yet.

Participants:
1. Yugikun
2. Brackie
3. MurderWeasel
4. TheLordofAwesome
5. Cactus
6. Ricky
7. Shiola
8. Irene
9. Deamon
10. backslash
11. dmboogie
12. Ohm
13. Mara
14. Kami
15. Buko
16. Laurels
17. CrossBrakePirouette
18. Slam
19. Cicada
20. Kotorikun
21. Ares
22. Jilly
23. Espi
24. Pancapples
25. Rugga
26. D/N
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

B003: Jeremy Frasier — "Yeah. No regrets." — 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME — Past: ☆ ☆ ☆ | Present: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ | Sadie Hawkins: ☆ ☆
V6: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
THEME: OneRepublic — Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti — "Thank... you..." — 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME — Past: ❇ ❇ ❇ | Present: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ | Sadie Hawkins: ❇ ❇
V6: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇
THEME: The Megas — The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King — "I win." — 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME — Past: | Present: ☻ ☻ ☻ | Sadie Hawkins: ☻
V6: ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻
THEME: Luck Ganriki — golden sneer
[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Nicholas "Nick Andretti" Andretti — The Mercenary — "Have a problem? I can help you. For a price."
Clover Wilkinson-Crowheart — The Cryptid — "Don't... talk to me..."
Teddy "Theodore" Berenson — The Crusader — "Be excellent to each other."
Yong Yi "Penny" Yu — The Burnout — "I DO TWO THINGS I RAP AND FUCK"
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

I'm in!
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun
TheLordOfAwesome

Post by TheLordOfAwesome »

I'm in!
Spindarene

Post by Spindarene »

Sounds cool. I'm in!
backslash

Post by backslash »

I rise.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

In.
Espi

Post by Espi »

I shall play!
Ares

Post by Ares »

I'm in
Stuff. Things. Stuff and things.
Buko

Post by Buko »

It's ya boy...

And I'm in.
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Lookin' for the opps, they been hidin'
I grew up 'round drugs, sex, and violence
We turnt off they street, we heard sirens
Since a juvenile, I been wylin'
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Posting here too, just in case~
MethodicalSlacker

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

I'm in
[+] Recommended Reading Order
—The Heaven Panel—

Image / Image - G051: Lili Williams: 1. Kidnapped from her school trip and thrown into a horrific death game, Lili wanders the wasteland in search of her past life before it slides away from her for good.

Meanwhile 1. From Here On Out [Complete] Marie Bernstein eats ice cream with her friend and gets a text message.

Image / Image - B043: Arthur Bernstein: 2. Arthur watches the waters from the beach, knowing that their presence spells death. Seeking his sister's comfort, he takes up the spear and walks alongside another.

Meanwhile 2. Colorless [Complete] A family reunion under less than ideal circumstances. When trying to unravel the mystery of her brother's death at the hands of esoteric serial terrorists, Marie discovers more than she bargained for.

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

Image - G026: Liberty "Bert" Wren: 3. It is happening again. To make things right, Bert must understand where things went wrong.

Image - B049: Max Rudolph: 4. The words we use to construct our realities often also make up the links in our chains. Fleeing a vision, Max builds his most elaborate prison yet.

Image - B032: Lucas Diaz: 5. A life lived through the views of others. In pursuit of revenge and his own death, Lucas Diaz interrupts the falling of many dominos.

Meanwhile 3. Because We Love You [Complete] Selections from a Google Drive, never to be logged into again.

Meanwhile 4. The Lines We Draw [Complete] In the process of collecting his brother's memories, Milo Diaz has a fitful morning.

Image - G007: Violet Schmidt: 6. The stars in the night sky do not make pictures. Breathing on both sides of the water, Violet Schmidt journeys to escape the confines of her own mind, and her reality.

Meanwhile 5. Years of Pilgrimage [???] Dana Schmidt is dreaming.

Meanwhile 6. Colorless II [Ongoing] Charlie Bernstein returns to the desert and finds it empty.

Meanwhile 7. Writing the Enigma [Ongoing] Randy Rudolph provides lodgings for Marie Bernstein as she investigates Survival of the Fittest, the city of Chattanooga, and the meaning of water.
———The Hell Panel———

𝄌
¿

[+] Other Threads
Virtual Pilgrimage: Exploring the Pregame Cities of SOTF
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Forgot to post for posterity and for tracking the thread easier.
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

hallo I'm in
[+] V7

ImageDeclyn Grayson-Anthis | aesthetics

last google search - "cool off on hot summer days help"
PREGAME – Past: 1 , 2 | Present: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 | Prom: 1 , 2
ISLAND - 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 ,9 , 10

ImageDane Lennox | aesthetics
last google search - "top ski resorts 2018"
ISLAND - 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6
V8
follow me on tumblr
Slam

Post by Slam »

In
My V8 Relationship Thread!
[+] Dead V7 Kids
B035: LUCAS BRADY - Had Enough - 1 - 2 - 3- 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9
G002: ELISABETH "LIZZIE" LEBOWSKI - "You've been a great audience." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Lucas Brady - Facebook!Lucas - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6
Elisabeth "Lizzie" Lebowski - "My parents told me to make a good signature, so I signed a note promising I would do it later." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

Return to “Song Contests”