What a Day

Open

The overall Cochise campus is well-maintained and inviting to both students and visitors. In the front of the school is a wide, grassy lawn with benches called "The Green Belt," where some kids eat lunch on sunny days and where underclassmen usually wait to be picked up after school by their parents. There are a few picnic tables scattered about, mostly made out of imitation wood. Around the school is ample parking for students who drive, with a special lot reserved for seniors and roadside parking for everyone else. The design is fairly streamlined so as to prevent the traffic from getting too bad, even in the mornings when everyone is being dropped off. Inside the school, the hallways connecting classrooms are lined with lockers and desks where students like to loiter before and after class.
Espi

What a Day

Post by Espi »

((Blair Moore continued from Not On Target))

Blair was eating her lunch outside, in the sun, because the cafeteria was disgusting.

Simple, right? You could just leave it at that. But noooo, a gust of wind just magically appeared to ruin Blair's lunchtime peace and quiet. It just happened to blow Blair's hair in her face so while she was sitting down at a nearby picnic table, she was distracted and misplaced her tray. Into midair. Causing it to fall on the ground and spill tomato soup and grilled cheese on the dirt.

"Oh, for fuck's sake!" Blair snarled before she felt the familiar clogging of her throat. She let out a wheezing, hacking cough. Goddamn it, she was getting another infection. She'd need her fucking antibiotics and today was going like shit already. Not just with the lunch, but she'd gotten pop quizzed by Mr. Dukoff and bombed, and she'd lost her notebook for math and was totally lost all class, and what's more, she had to go see Miley perform at some dumb kid's concert after school. Wonderful.

Thank god she had an appointment with Dr. Cole today, she really needed to vent.

But for now, Blair was content to stew at her table, leaving her now-ruined food on the ground where it had fallen, soup seeping into the ground.
RC†

Post by RC† »

((Alessio Rigano continued from Diaries))

Usually, Alessio felt that food had an high value and it is always a shame when it was wasted. After all, not everybody had food to live, many people had probably starved today and food was dang delicious.

Also, Alessio wasn't somebody who liked to experience Schadenfreude, especially as the food was wasted. Although Blair never seemed to be a friendly or pleasant person to be around, he wouldn't have ever wished that she'd spill her food. Cheese, even. But it still did happen.

And something, he couldn't tell what, made the situation Blair was in a bit comedic. Maybe it was the cough, the way the food flew in the air or the intonation of 'for fuck's sake'. So Al giggled a bit, although he regretted that when he looked at Blair's eyes. Maybe he shouldn't have giggled. His smile quickly disappeared and he had goose bumps. His bad feeling about that made him lose eye contact with her. His eyes were looking at the solved cube that layed on the bench he was sitting on that was nearby Blair's table. His mouth was busy chewing on the chocolate cookies he brought to school.

Gulp.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler RC. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

((Brendan Harte continued from Black Kingdom, Red Kingdom))

Brendan was trying to have a peaceful lunch outside but that was interrupted by the sound of a tray falling to the ground and he heard a female voice swearing. He then heard the girl coughing and a boy giggling. He glanced down at the red apple in his hand that he hadn't bitten into yet and he placed it down on the table. He turned his head to see who the other two were and he saw that it was Blair Moore and Alessio Rigano. He didn't know them that well but he did know their names.

Brendan noticed that Blair's food was ruined and he felt a bit sorry for her. It was rude of Alessio to laugh at her as Brendan knew what it was like to be clumsy and accidentally ruin things. Like with Jae. Ugh. He really didn't want to think about that. He shook his head a little and he went back to focusing on the other two students. Maybe he should just be kind and offer Blair his apple as she didn't have any food anymore.

"Hey, uh.... Blair...? Sorry about your lunch and all. But would you like to have my apple instead?" He offered with a small smile and he picked up the apple, holding it out to her. "I wasn't really hungry anyway. So I thought that maybe you would like to have it instead. And Alessio, that was kind of rude to um.... laugh, you know."

He was trying to keep eye contact with Blair, although it looked like she was glaring at Alessio and Brendan sort of wished that he hadn't said anything about Alessio laughing at her. He really didn't want any more drama after what happened with Jae. He was still trying to figure out how to fix the shaky relationship between the both of them.
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Espi

Post by Espi »

Blair turned slowly to face the two boys, her face wrinkled up in anger as she walked towards them. Not a good look for her.

"You have got to be the most childish little dickwad on Earth, Al." She snarled. "If you think this is funny, let's see how you like it." With that, Blair swung her hand, almost dismissively, aiming to knock the cookies from his hands. That's show him, the little brat. God.

Then, Blair turned her attention to Brendan. "And you." She was, for a moment, tempted to take him up on his offer. But at the same time, Blair hated pity. Her hatred for pity was stronger than her hunger. "I don't need your charity. Or your sympathy. I don't even need your food! Just...go screw off somewhere, mmkay?"

Blair crossed her arms, shooting a death glare at the two boys. She tried not to breathe too heavily; the yelling was making her chest hurt, and she'd look like an idiot if she started hacking.
RC†

Post by RC† »

There went the chocolate cookie, down on the ground. Al didn't know what to say, how to react. He didn't know what to reply to Brendan saying that it was rude, because, well it was. He knew that. He couldn't have stopped her either. When she approached him, he assumed she'd scream at him or something; he didn't expect a slap to the cookies.

What he couldn't understand, however, is why Blair would act like such a jerk and ruin his lunch. He really wanted to bite her head off for that. But that'd create just more drama. And, well, he didn't dare to do it. Then he decided to think of a passive-aggressive remark to say to her and shrug it off then, but he couldn't think of anything. And he hadn't had the guts to. So the best solution was to say nothing and put the chocolate cookies that didn't fly around, back into his bag.

He was glad, that Blair didn't want Brendan's apple, because honestly, she wouldn't have deserved that. He couldn't understand why Brendan would even sympathise with her. That was really naïve. Well, okay, moments before the slap, he actually hoped that Brendan would bring a better mood to Blair with the apple and Alessio himself even pitied Blair. But now?

Intentional knocking cookies off his hands. That was not fair in any way. There's a difference between clumsiness and intentionally ruining the food. That wasn't 'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you'. That was bullshit. Blair should know. Blair should realise that. Blair should apologise.

He stared at Blair with eyebrows that indicated annoyance. His eyes tightened a bit. Alessio was Clint Eastwood.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler RC. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Well, that was unexpected.

Brendan was not expecting to see Blair knock a cookie out of Alessio's hand and he didn't know how to react at first. He hadn't really thought that she would react in such a childish way. Sure, Alessio had laughed at her but she didn't have to act in such an extreme manner. It was really uncalled for.

Brendan raised an eyebrow when Blair refused to take his offer of his apple and he set it back down on the table. He only wanted to be polite to her and she was just being very immature now. He noticed that Alessio hadn't said anything to defend himself from Blair's outburst.

Brendan let out a small sigh and he rubbed a hand over his face, suddenly feeling annoyed himself. "Look, I was only trying to be nice to you and you shouldn't have reacted in such an immature way." He was talking to Blair with such a serious tone and he turned to Alessio. "And you should apologise to her for laughing at her and Blair should apologise to you for ruining your food on purpose."

Brendan was hoping that the two of them would do this but he kind of had a feeling that they wouldn't. He just hoped that he hadn't just made things more worse for the three of them.
[+] V7
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Espi

Post by Espi »

((Apologies for the delays))

"Why should I?" Blair said slowly, still setting her glare on the two boys. Ugh, people who were all, 'let's just be friends' and 'let's talk about our feelings' were so obnoxious. Sometimes you just wanted to be a bitch. So what? Blair did have an idea, though. Making Alessio the bad guy here sounded like a way to feel better.

"I'm the victim here, he's the one who laughed at me. Like..." Mind racing with nefarious plans, Blair settled on one unfortunate fact; to switch blame, she was going to have to actually own up. Damn. "Sorry for being a bitch, but I can't help get mad if someone makes fun of me, especially when I'm as hungry as I am. My lunch did just get ruined, after all."

Blair put on a sad face; slight pout, puppy dog eyes, the works. Getting this high-and-mighty loser to turn on another kid was going to be tough, but Blair would manage. And ooh, this would be a great story for her blog.
RC†

Post by RC† »

That both of them should apologise to each other would be a solution. But it wouldn't be a fair one. Maybe Alessio should lie by apologising, get over with the drama that was created here.

But it doesn't look like Blair will. No, she said that she was a victim of the situation. She wasn't, she definitely wasn't.

"I didn't laugh at you."

He stared at the cookies on the ground. He won't eat them. Nobody will eat them. They're wasted just because Blair was in a bad mood. Such a shame. He wasn't sure what to do about that. The 5-second-rule didn't apply anymore.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Okay. His solution to make peace between the two of them hadn't worked too well. Although, Blair kind of did say that she was sorry in a way. And she was looking sad and Brendan felt bad for her. Maybe he should have just stayed out of it.

Then he heard what Alessio had to say. Why was he lying? Brendan had clearly heard him laugh. He couldn't let Alessio pretend that he was innocent in this. He stared at Alessio with disbelief in his eyes, shaking his head slightly.

"I heard you laughing, Alessio. So you don't have to lie. Just admit that you made a mistake and then we can get past this drama. Okay?" Brendan said calmly, glancing to look at the cookie on the ground. "Sorry about your cookie."
[+] V7
Espi

Post by Espi »

Haha, Alessio was getting ganged up on. Damn, this Brendan guy was such a tryhard. 'Oh, don't be mean guys, let's all be friends and bake cookies or some shit!' Hmph. The kid clearly had no experience in the real world. He was probably some weird sadsack kid who grew up on Disney movies. Jesus, Blair was being cynical today. Eh, whatever, she needed to let off some steam.

"It's fine, Al. It can be hard to fess up to your mistakes. Just make peace and move on, I always say." God, she sounded so holier-than-thou it was sickening. The fact that Brendan was so quick to judge the other boy when Blair had been such a straight-up bitch was hilarious. How could someone be so dense? Blair was trying to smother her laughter when an idea struck her.

"Hey, you guys wait here, I'm gonna go grab something from a vending machine to give to Al. You know, since I ruined his cookies. Be right back!" She was lying, of course. Buy something for that little snot? As if! If anything, she'd be spending her hard-earned money on herself, thank you very much. Hell, if she wanted she might try to go home sick today and skip the rest of her classes. Not like it was hard to get out of class, just saying 'my chest hurts' was enough usually. The one advantage of her disease, she supposed, was that she could use people's sympathy against them when she wanted.

With another bought of hacking as a goodbye, Blair headed off towards the school. She didn't look back.

((Blair Moore continued in Stuck))
Cicada

Post by Cicada »

Lucilly Peterson: Pregame Start
((Continued from Yea, We Did Put All Our Seeds Into The Earth))

The sun beat upon the brows of the children of the Earth, so it came to pass, and so Lucilly passed Blair as she returned to the core of their institution, their lives, the school, while Lucilly continued by.

She sought a moment of respite, and was granted it in a quiet moment of walking meditation following taking her lunch. A premade meal from home, bounty borne from the freezer section of the local Safeway and prepared watchfully by her mother. Fettuccine Alfredo, creamy and wholesome. The taste still lingered, even as her pale skin quailed under the stern gaze of the sun. Thus it was that she rolled up the sleeves of her cotton long sleeve, a forest green and modestly thick as was proper.

Her eyes first found two young men, one large, one small, one boldly manly and one dashingly nondescript. Her eyes would refract gracefully in the sun as she briefly looked at each of them in turn, meeting eyes as was polite. After her notice immediately found a mess of foodstuffs, no longer especially nice to behold, spilled upon the ground. A bountiful harvest, wasted. Or perhaps to be returned to the fauna of the wild, or to the soil of the earth. Who knew how it was ordained, how it was planned? But Lucilly was curious, and she would ask the boys, who she only knew in passing, by name and no more.

"Hi Brendan, Alesso." Lucilly could perhaps tell that there was a foul mood, a miasma amongst those she addressed. To some extent she saw storms in their eyebrows. She would carry herself no differently, but kept a watchful eye for the peace. "Did one of you guys lose your lunch? Quite a mess." Obvious, but reiteration was a tool as potent as any other in the pursuit of justice.
V8 Vibes:
[+] Peace Only Under Liberty
Character Relation Planner! - I'll be responding to proposals and ideas in increments, please be patient!
V7 Vibes:
[+] Cicada Uses A Gun For The First Time
ImageB008, Demetri Futscher - Captain Of The USS Dekcuc - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
Image G018, Beryl Mahelona - Sleepyhead - 1 *
ImageG040, Camila Cañizares - Nightingale - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
ImageG060, Princess McQuillan - a flimsy purpose - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 *
ImageG065, Kelly Nguyen - everyone's friend - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Updated Character Appearances - Updated July 2020
Pregame Relationships
RC†

Post by RC† »

Brendan was trying to make Alessio admit that he did laugh, just to cause more drama. Why. Brendan could've easily helped him out of there by not saying anything and let Al tell Blair and him that something else made him laugh. But, no. Brendan had to try to solve this conflict by himself by playing the adult who tries to solve a conflict between kids.

But Al was no kid anymore, he was 17.

Anyways, it was too late to tell Blair his excuse now, Blair was gone to give him a snack he really did deserve. Al hesitated to say 'thanks' to her, as he was still a bit in a bad mood and because Blair never turned back. Alessio decided to thank her when she returns. He should get over it.

But he couldn't, as the crumbled cookies attracted Alessio's eyes again and Al stared at them again. And the cookies stared at him.

Until Lucilly Peterson came, a girl who...did stuff, he saw her often in school doing stuff, school stuff? Well, he didn't knew her well. But neither did she. 'Alesso'. Hm. He didn't want to correct her. He didn't want to say anything as a reply to her greetings either, as he was still in a bad mood, so he just smiled lightly as a reply to her greetings.

"Me", Alessio said after he raised his hand as a gesture, to answer her question.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Brendan didn't want to sound like he just ganged up on Alessio but he just couldn't stand it when people lied. He didn't know if he caused more drama to make things worse. Oh. Blair was leaving to get something for Alessio to eat. That was very generous of her. Hopefully things have worked out for the better. He didn't want any more conflict today. Even if he did cause it. Maybe he shouldn't have said anything in the first place.

He stood beside Alessio for a few moments, feeling awkward. Before someone finally showed up. That someone was Lucilly Peterson. He only really knew her name. And they would say hellos when they passed each other in the hallway. But that was it. He scratched his cheek as he felt like he should be leaving. But he didn't move as he wanted to listen to the others' conversation. He didn't know why.

Oh? Lucilly was asking about the mess on the ground and Brendan just stayed silent. This was a question that Alessio should answer. And he did. Which was good. He could still feel some tension between him and Alessio. He didn't like that at all. He decided that he had to speak up too. To clear the air or something.

"Yeah, uh.... We kind of got into a..... disagreement about something before you came over, Lucilly. I think I should have not stuck my nose into your business, Alessio. But it is too late now, I guess." Brendan patted Alessio's shoulder lightly and he was thinking of owing him an apology. To cool down the tension between them. It was better to do that than have Alessio as a guy who would possibly dislike him anyway.

"I'm sorry, man. I'm sorry for that unnecessary drama just before with Blair. I've been kind of in a bad mood over some uh.... issues lately. I just wanted to make things better. Not more conflicting. You know? Are we going to be okay?"
[+] V7
Cicada

Post by Cicada »

Ah, there were some places man should never have tread, and here would be one of them. Lucilly knew the vague pang of regret for having even spoken, but it would only last for the moment and no more. Before her was the judge and judged, and neither carried themselves in a way especially hospitable. In one sense or another. Lucilly continued to smile with ease of politeness, her demeanor eternal as the sun's sometimes unwelcome passage through the sky.

"I see, I'm sorry." A statement as vague as it was intended to be diplomatic. Lucilly would not allow herself any opportunity to pass judgement onto either boy, that was not her providence. The less she knew the better, a rare case where ignorance was perhaps truly bliss. If there was no wish from the offended parties to speak, she would allow them respite as the lambs of the earth. It seemed Brendan was extending the olive branch of his own accord anyways. She did however, feel a charitable compulsion to aid, as was within her providence. She allowed his issuance of apology, with a slight nod in unconscious acknowledgement of his attempts, and then spoke up in turn:

"Nobody should go without a lunch, in my opinion. We do have a few periods left to clear." As important and venerated as schooling was to her, Lucilly acknowledged that it was not always the most favorite of her peer's institutions. "I brought my lunch from home today so I have my usual lunch money to spare. If you want."
V8 Vibes:
[+] Peace Only Under Liberty
Character Relation Planner! - I'll be responding to proposals and ideas in increments, please be patient!
V7 Vibes:
[+] Cicada Uses A Gun For The First Time
ImageB008, Demetri Futscher - Captain Of The USS Dekcuc - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
Image G018, Beryl Mahelona - Sleepyhead - 1 *
ImageG040, Camila Cañizares - Nightingale - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
ImageG060, Princess McQuillan - a flimsy purpose - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 *
ImageG065, Kelly Nguyen - everyone's friend - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Updated Character Appearances - Updated July 2020
Pregame Relationships
RC†

Post by RC† »

Ugh, Brendan had to touch him. Pat him. As if, as if...something. As if he was dog. Brendan apologised.

"It's okay."

Lucilly also offered Al lunch.

"No, thanks, Lucilly!", Alessio said with a smile that quickly faded away.

He then stared again at the cookies, thinking about the situation that has happened a few minutes before. Thought about alternative outcomes that could've been. Thought about what he could've done different. Thought about what an asshole Blair was.

Staring at the cookies made his mood worse. He should stop.

He put his cube back into his bag and was ready to go. Get his mind clear. Don't Look Back In Anger. I heard you sayyy. He'd find a better place to play with his cube, without any drama. His mood would be slightly better then.

Alessio stood up, with his bag on his shoulder, smiled at Brendan and Lucilly and went away.

And if Blair returns with the lunch for Al, she could spill it again and he wouldn't give a damn.

((Alessio Rigano continued in Fabulous and Opinionated))

Return to “Grounds”