Bad Days, Bad Moods, Bad Burgers

Open to all! ^-^

The Cochise cafeteria is a large, open room with tile floors and round tables scattered throughout. It has wide, tall windows which provide excellent lighting, though the view through them is generally uninteresting, revealing the front of campus and the street beyond. To get food, students travel along a line marked off by duct tape on the floor, to a counter where the cafeteria employees offer both school-prepared lunches and various (more expensive) brand-name foods. The school food is alright but unspectacular, but the line tends to be long and the table space is limited; if students arrive anywhere after the start of the lunch period, they can easily find themselves spending half the period in line and then unable to find a seat. As such, students often pack their own lunches, and many prefer to eat outside the cafeteria.
CoreyImperia†

Post by CoreyImperia† »

"Well... He split quickly."

Alvaro seemed like quite the...oddball. While Juniper could understand being lost in the beauty of another, totally forgoing specific information they'd given when it centralises around their kindness and a spice you were particularly adverse to? Today definitely didn't seem like his day. I don't think Lily will be taking that exit too well, and he's not doing himself any favours with his selective hearing. She returned to their knitwear conversation, choosing not to dote on Alvaro's actions or Lily's beauty...at least for now.

"That's just...wow. You're just a tad amazeballs, aren't cha?" Juniper's face lit up; again, it being a picture of joy and excitement. It was a face that she had shown quite frequently since her trip to the cafeteria, one that she thought she wouldn't be showing at all today. It looked as though their lil' meet n' greet was cheering her up much more than she had ever expected it too. In fact, she was struggling to remember what was making her so bummed out to begin with, y'know, besides the totally cruddy weather. Juniper was growing very fond of one Miss Lily Caldwell.

Holy shit. Don't pause again, you know how grand that worked out last time! I'm super surprised she hasn't left yet due to your completely and utterly undeniable weirdness. It drove that Alvaro kid of quickly enough after all.

"Lily," she began in a softer tone, one trickled with a sentimentality that differed greatly from her sarcastic thoughts and general excitation  that Lily had been exposed to today. "I wanted to thank you for asking to sit with me today, and not totally freaking and darting off when it took me forever and a day to respond to you.

"You've given me a lil' boost that spun my day around, and, like, you're, uh, fantastic company," Juniper's nerves were starting to show, as well as a little redness in her checks; the emotionality she was conjuring was crystal clear.

"I hope I'm not too tiring!" She added, with a laugh and a rub to the back of her head, trying to downplay the tenderness that she expressed before in an attempt to stay 'cool'.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler CoreyImperia. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

"...Okay?"

Well. That was weird. Lily watched Alvaro run off with a look of mild puzzlement. He left his things, so she supposed he was coming back. She hoped he hadn't upset him, somehow. Could she have phrased the warning better?

Lily could not recall ever being called 'amazeballs' before. Or being flattered so heavily, especially based on what had so far mostly been 'giving out candy and being able to knit.' While she was well on her way to forming a set of very grandmotherly skills and interactions, that wasn't typically the sort of thing that earned flattery. But Juniper seemed pretty earnest about it. How nice of her.

"You're not tiring." Although Lily suspected Juniper would be over long stretches of time, but as long as personal boundaries were respected and Lily had time to recharge it would be fine. She fidgeted with her scarf again, smiling sheepishly. "But you're welcome. And thank you for not doing this—" She crossed her fingers over in a 'begone, foul demon' gesture. "—at me. Or anything like that. I mean, thank you for letting me sit here."
RC†

Post by RC† »

((Alessio Rigano continued from Fabulous and Opinionated))

Burgers. Actually, burgers are usually delicious. But, it was the cantina.

Probably healthier than McDonalds, but not as tasty. Still, it was better than nothing. Alessio's tummy was rumbling. He needed energy for the next classes. Alessio, waking up late, was not able to pack lunch for school.

So he had to go to the Cafeteria to get something edible. Having grabbed the hamburger, he searched a place to sit down.

There were not many choices: Empty places or places that were already taken. And a place next to Juniper and Lily.

Juniper! Well, that was an easy choice.

There was an empty chair on their table, so he sat down on it.

Alessio would have asked whether he could sit down there, if it wasn't Juniper and Lily. Talking to strangers is difficult and overall a weird act. But talking to the two of them was wayyy easier. He can talk to them smoothly without awkwardness.

"Hey, Juniper, Lily! How are you?"

Lily looked a bit less Lily-like, though. Maybe sick, maybe tired.

Alessio looked at the table he sat at. He inwardly shook his head. Yes, the food in the cafeteria was bad, really bad. But it still was rude towards the cafeteria workers to just leave food on the table when leaving. At least place it somewhere else.

Al, of course, did not notice the bag of Alvaro behind the chair.

Despite not having packed lunch, Alessio managed to take out his cup of coffee from his bag and drank a sip of it.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler RC. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
CoreyImperia†

Post by CoreyImperia† »

((Have permission from Yugikun to skip him the queue while Alvaro's in the bathroom. He'll let me know when Alvaro's going to rejoin.))
"No probs!" Juniper giggled.

She didn't add anything else, but the decision to let Lily join her for lunch was pretty easy. Juniper needed a little pick me up to get over her emotion-plagued, stress-induced mind, and making a friend at the same time was a massive bolster. It didn't really bother Juniper that Lily was sick either; she'd rather the girl sit with her and try to enjoy the company of an overactive, excitable Juniper than have her sit alone any day.

As her giggle dissipated, Juniper noticed Alessio hurrying over to their table. Al! I hope he's got more pictures of his cats! He did, however, take place in the temporarily vacant chair where Alvaro's bag rested. Luckily for him, the cafeteria tables generally sit more than three people, so all he'd have to do when Alvaro returns from...wherever the hell he went...was shift over a sit, or move Alvaro's bag to the vacant seat beside him.

"Hiya Alessio! I'm doing pre' swell. Thought I'd grab lunch before English, though the vegetarian burgers are, well... exhibit A." She pointed swiftly to her tray, sitting as far away from her on the table as possible without getting in the way of the others. "How have you been? Whatcha drinking?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler CoreyImperia. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

Lily looked up as Alessio plopped into Alvaro's recently vacated chair. She liked Alessio. He was part of the robotics club, and he was fairly easy to be around.

"Hello. I'm good."

Of course, being sick meant she wasn't good. But it just felt rude to go 'oh, well, I've sneezed most of my lungs up but otherwise doing fine.'

She took another bite of her burger, swallowing it with some struggle, while wondering if she should point out that he'd sat in someone else's chair. She decided it could wait, instead opting to mostly listen for now.
RC†

Post by RC† »

Both Lily and Juniper claimed to be fine, which decreased the size of possible topics they could talk about. That was until Juniper pointed out the deliciousness of the veggie burgers, as she pointed at her tray. Alessio looked at the tray and then back at his burger he hadn't bitten in yet he hold with one hand. On the other hand he hold the thermos with the coffee he sipped from until having stopped and having placed it on the table.

"It's coffee! Tasty coffee. I'm alright, though I'm a bit sleepy and tired. Though this coffee helps me."

Hm. So, hopefully the burger wasn't as bad as Juniper claimed it to be.

Bite. Chew. Taste. Swallow.

"This one's alright."

Maybe it was just the veggie burger that tasted bad.

Alessio quickly repositioned the burger so the stuff inbetween the bread wouldn't fall out.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler RC. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
CoreyImperia†

Post by CoreyImperia† »

Coffee... Juniper grew a bitterness in her mouth, not at the sound of the word or the imagining of the beverage; on the contrary, she lurved coffee. It just helped her recall the level of stupidity that she had served herself today. The cafeteria had certainly warmed her up since her arrival, but noticing Alessio sip on the warm, delectable, caffeinated infusion made her more than a tad jealous. She contemplated using her cheek and charm into swiping a cup, but didn't know if Alessio had anticipated sharing and brought anything else to pour it into. Nah, it's all good. You don't need it, Juniper. Not worth any added annoyance or stress.

She noticed too that everyone had been having a different experience with the burgers today, and hers had been the worst, or so it seemed. Juniper had exiled the muck on her tray to the opposite side of the table; Lily had reluctantly continued to feast, presumably because her sickness; Alvaro had chomped on a jam sandwich before his dash away; and Alessio seemed...content with it, for some unapparent reason. Maybe she was just being dramatic. There ya go mum, just like you wanted.

Juniper was starting to ponder where exactly Alvaro had fled to; she assumed the bathroom was the most obvious place, to wash out his mouth, but he'd been gone for a little while now. His bag still lay underneath the throne claimed by Alessio, and she didn't really want their to be an awkward motion when he returned. She went to get up, then paused.

"Um... Should I, like, move Alvaro's bag to the spare chair, or just wait 'til he gets back?"
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

Lily nodded silently in response to the talk about coffee. She sure should go for some, after getting caught in that rain. Normally if she was out and about she'd get coffee from Vacanti's, but... still not ready to risk running into the Dreadlocks Monster.

"I can't really tell," she said, concerning the burgers. For all she knew it could have tasted amazing, even if the texture was off.

Lily glanced at Alvaro's chair, then at Alessio.

"It might be best if you pulled up a different chair. That one was Alvaro's. He'll be back. And moving is less complicated than shuffling everyone around."
RC†

Post by RC† »

Oh, why was Alvaro's chair here?

Oh. He was sitting on Alvaro's chair!

"Sorry! So sorry."

Alessio then sat up and moved to the chair next to him, while taking his burger and thermos with him. A salad leaf however fell on Alessio's former and Alvaro's current place. Alessio noted in his head to clean the table with a serviette when he has a free hand.

"Sorry, will clean it later."

Then, he took another sip.
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

Alvaro Vacanti was at the cafeteria toilet, sticking his tounge out in front of the mirror. He was taking scratches at it, making sure that there wasn't any part of the chili powder left on his tongue. He needed to make sure that there was nothing more on there, because if he got a rash now that'd screw the schedule he had in his head up. If he got a rash then he'd have to go to sickbay which meant that he couldn't study and that he had to miss part of the test which at this point he highly doubted he'd get another extension for. He remembered his allergy, and his parents told him that even a small amount of chili powder could cause his skin to become itchy.

...He had been in the bathroom for a while now, and he doubted that there was any chili powder that he could get off at this point. He sighed. Time to face the music.

He started walking quickly, exiting the bathroom and heading back to the table. He could see the table now, and it seemed that Alessio Rigano had joined! They were friends, he was a regular customer of the cafe and he played on his rubix cube a lot. He had tried solving one, a couple of years ago; but he didn't get far, and gave up on it after a while. They were hard to solve, and he had always meant to ask Alessio for some tips to solve them, although he never got the chance to. Maybe he could do it today, if he had a little bit of time? He doubted it, though, he was running short already. He couldn't waste any more time.

He was close to reaching the table at this point, and he waved to the three on the table. "I'm back!" He hoped that nobody would have too many questions about his sudden departure. It'd be awkward if he had to explain why he didn't know the thing had chili on it.

He saw the piece of lettuce where his chair was, and he reached out for it, holding it far away from him as he placed it... the table seemed to be a good place to put it for now. His food seemed untouched, also, which was good.
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

B003: Jeremy Frasier — "Yeah. No regrets." — 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME — Past: ☆ ☆ ☆ | Present: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ | Sadie Hawkins: ☆ ☆
V6: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
THEME: OneRepublic — Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti — "Thank... you..." — 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME — Past: ❇ ❇ ❇ | Present: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ | Sadie Hawkins: ❇ ❇
V6: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇
THEME: The Megas — The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King — "I win." — 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME — Past: | Present: ☻ ☻ ☻ | Sadie Hawkins: ☻
V6: ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻
THEME: Luck Ganriki — golden sneer
[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Nicholas "Nick Andretti" Andretti — The Mercenary — "Have a problem? I can help you. For a price."
Clover Wilkinson-Crowheart — The Cryptid — "Don't... talk to me..."
Teddy "Theodore" Berenson — The Crusader — "Be excellent to each other."
Yong Yi "Penny" Yu — The Burnout — "I DO TWO THINGS I RAP AND FUCK"
CoreyImperia†

Post by CoreyImperia† »

"Yay! Looks who's back guys!" Juniper exclaimed, pointing to Alvaro whom was removing lettuce that had fallen from Alessio's burger from his seat. She presumed his absence had something to do with his selective hearing with Lily's spicy candy.

"You ran off pretty quickly, Alvaro. Something to do with the chilli, I'm guessing?" She wasn't expecting an elaborate response because she knew he was feeling a little awkward, but felt that he'd feel better after briefly explaining and Lily would feel better knowing that it wasn't anything she did. Not that she wanted to cause unnecessary duress or anything.

Glancing over into the distance, the weather hadn't seemed to improve at all; perhaps marginally, but the rain was still steady, and the puddles, from what little she could discern from the cafeteria windows, hadn't decreased in sized. At least her company was good. Meeting someone new helped bolster her mood in ways she didn't think would do so today. And it was good to see Alvaro and Alessio doing well, aside from Alvaro's anxiety flaring up a bit; she was most familiar with him in passing, but knew enough about him and had encountered him enough times for her to pick up on a few things.

Snapping out of her daze, Juniper began to dream of getting home after work today; there'd be a lovely cup of tea and her beautiful Sebastian waiting for her. Which reminded her of Alessio and his pets, spurring her to ask "How're Massimo and Michelle doing, Alessio?"
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

"It's alright."

Lily took another bite of burger before Alvaro returned. Her mouth full and thus speaking not being an option, she greeted him by waving.

Juniper was probably right about it being the chilli. She really had to stop offering people watermelon straws. Find a different, safer candy. Like peppermints or toffees or something. ...Then she'd have to carry around like a whole different bag of candy, though, because she wasn't giving up her chilli powder candies.

"Sorry about the ch—aah." Lily scrunched up her nose before covering it, holding out her other hand briefly as a sneeze tickled her nose. Last thing she wanted to do was sneeze all over Alvaro to top off the 'apparently nearly killing him with sweets' thing.

It was one of those awkward sneezes that took a few seconds to actually happen, during which she made a series of awkward faces before finally sneezing.

"Guh. Sorry." Lily searched her pockets for a tissue with her free hand, other hand still in front of her nose, while keeping her ears out for the conversation.
RC†

Post by RC† »

"Hello, Alvaro! Sorry for the lettuce there", he said while he attempted to make a :/ face.

Replying to Juniper, Alessio turned to face her and said with a smile: "Both Michelle and Massimo probably have fun right now."

Al wanted to ask, how Juniper's cat was, but he couldn't remember the name. Something with S?

As Lily sneezed, however, he knew that she was sick. He'd have offered a tissue, but didn't, as it looked like she was currently taking one out of her bag.

"God bless you!"
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

Everybody on the table seemed to be happy about Alvaro's return, it seemed. Everybody on the table except for Lily, who waved, said hi at his return. Did that mean anything, did she not want to talk to Alvaro after his display before? No, wait, she was eating a burger, never mind. Alessio apologised for the piece of salad on his seat, and Alvaro nodded and accepted it. He would have liked to talk more but he couldn't really waste any more time. He went back to his sandwich, which had been seemingly untouched since he had to leave, and started trying to plow through it, trying to eat it faster than he had before.

Juniper then asked why he had to leave, and now he had to explain why he had to. Which sucked, considering his reason. If he had to explain that he had to leave because he hadn't heard that there was chili in it, then that didn't really reflect well on him that much. He couldn't have three of his friends think of him as an idiot! He couldn't think up of anything else to say in response to that, though. He couldn't lie to his friends, so he just had to say the truth and hope that they liked it.

"Didn't realise that the sticks had chili in them. If I have chili I break out in hives, which'd be a problem." He was chewing through his sandwich, and he was trying to keep his responses short, snappy. He hoped that they didn't think that he was weird for doing that.
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

B003: Jeremy Frasier — "Yeah. No regrets." — 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME — Past: ☆ ☆ ☆ | Present: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ | Sadie Hawkins: ☆ ☆
V6: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
THEME: OneRepublic — Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti — "Thank... you..." — 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME — Past: ❇ ❇ ❇ | Present: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ | Sadie Hawkins: ❇ ❇
V6: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇
THEME: The Megas — The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King — "I win." — 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME — Past: | Present: ☻ ☻ ☻ | Sadie Hawkins: ☻
V6: ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻
THEME: Luck Ganriki — golden sneer
[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Nicholas "Nick Andretti" Andretti — The Mercenary — "Have a problem? I can help you. For a price."
Clover Wilkinson-Crowheart — The Cryptid — "Don't... talk to me..."
Teddy "Theodore" Berenson — The Crusader — "Be excellent to each other."
Yong Yi "Penny" Yu — The Burnout — "I DO TWO THINGS I RAP AND FUCK"
CoreyImperia†

Post by CoreyImperia† »

With her sneeze and effort to cover her nose and mouth following it while she scrambled for tissues, Juniper returned to a thought she had earlier when the pair met. And sure enough, she was still very, very glad to not have whatever Lily had been struck with.

She took in Alessio's response, and smirked at his attempt to play the whole lettuce thing 'cool'. "That's great news! Sebastian is doing very well; we'll have to have organise a playdate for the three of them soon!"

Alvaro had responded to her question, and immediately, she felt bad for putting him in such a position. Juniper's assumption was accurate, and it seemed as though he was in fear of a reaction from Lily. He's definitely a strange one, I'll give him that, she thought to herself. No probz with that; join the club!

Juniper heard a distinctive noise escape her bag, albeit muffled. Rummaging through it, she retrieved her cell phone. Lighting up the screen caused a smile to light up on her face; she'd been looking forward to hearing from Oskar all day, especially since new stock was arriving at work tonight and she was ready to sneak him some of their more premium wares.

Putting the phone away, Juniper rose her head to speak to the group. "Hey guys, it's been totes cool and all, but I've gotta bounce. I have an Oskar to attend to." Turning to Lily, she rose, tempted to give a parting hug, but resisting the urge because of her want to not get sick. "It was lovely meeting you, Lily. And fantastic to see you both again, Alvaro and Alessio. Chat soon, yeah?"

((Juniper Colton continued elsewhere...))

Return to “Cafeteria”