He's So Tall and Handsome as Hell

Enter Mr. and Mrs. Harte-Reyes

Here is where the dance itself takes place. The dance is being held in the school gym, which has been decorated in the theme of the dance: Cosmic Space Adventure! Numerous chaperones are present, and there is nary a private space to be seen. Due to this, no private threads are allowed! This forum covers everything from the start of the dance to when students exit.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Brendan had just stood there for a while. He just watched Maxim walk away and he wished he could have stopped him. Maybe try to talk it out. But what could he have said? Brendan wasn't good at conversations. He and Maxim just needed some space. He had decided on that already himself. But he still felt awful. He couldn't bare losing Maxim as a friend. He wished he could take back the kiss. But it was too late now.

Then he thought of Alba who was still waiting for them to come back. He couldn't tell her about what happened here. He didn't want to ruin her night. So he had to pretend that everything was alright. Nothing happened....

Brendan felt a bit hurt but he knew that was normal to feel. He didn't want to feel down. He turned to look at himself in the mirror. Just smile. He forced a small smile on his face and then he left to go back to where Alba was. His heart was feeling heavy as he approached the table, sitting down beside her.

"Hey, Alba. I'm back. Maxim couldn't stay long because he wanted to go home." Brendan said as casually as he could. He also felt a little guilty as Alba is his date. "Sorry to keep you waiting. So how are you liking the dance so far?"
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Alba smiled when Brendan appeared. She greeted him, then noticed the Maxim-shaped gap of air next to him. Brendan explained that Maxim wanted to go home and left.

"Aw, that's a shame," Alba said.

Brendan asked how she was doing.

"I'm doing great, but better now that you're here," she said, standing out of her seat.

Alba put a hand on Brendan's back.

"C'mon, the night is young," she said. "Let's get back out there."
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Brendan was relieved that Alba was at least doing fine. He didn't want to do anything to ruin her night with him. He wanted Alba to have the best night of her life. She wanted to go back on the dance floor. It felt like it would be a great idea as it would help him take his mind off of what he did to Maxim. He just needed to enjoy the rest of the night with Alba and he could worry about Maxim another day.

Brendan glanced at Alba and he couldn't help but feel a bit better in her company. "I'm glad that you are alright, Alba. S-Sure! I can't wait to have more of a fun time with you." Brendan said, as he reached out to her and he held onto her hand gently. "I want to make this the best dance of your life."

And he started to lead her back to where many of the other students were dancing.

((Brendan Harte continued elsewhere))
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Alba was slightly taken aback when Brendan took her hand and led her out to the dance floor. She had never been led anywhere by a guy by the hand. She had seen cases like that in movies and TV shows, but never experienced it herself. She was sure it was just to go along with the Sadie Hawkins atmosphere. It was pretty cool.

They made their way back to the dance floor right when the song changed from "Counting Stars" to "Shake It Off." A large smile appeared on Alba's face.

"Oh, this is my jam!" Alba shouted to Brendan.

Alba began to dance along to the song. It was a perfect song to just dance like an idiot and have fun, and she was sure she and Brendan could have tons of fun dancing along to it.

((Alba Reyes continued elsewhere))

Return to “At the Dance”