I could live in the world just like a stranger

Open

Liberty Park is renowned for its beautiful landscaping and tranquil splendor. An oasis of greenery in the Mojave Desert, the town has invested a lot in keeping the park pristine, something enabled by both the aid of volunteering citizens and generous monetary donations. Unbeknownst to many, however, is that a large chunk of this money has been spent on security around the park. Hidden from public view through the many statuettes and hedge groves, CCTV cameras keep a concealed eye on the many visitors, just in case any vandals or litterbugs try to upset the natural harmony. This park is more of a destination for relaxation and contemplation than the larger Sumac Park, offering quiet places to stroll and a much more picturesque atmosphere.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Nadia simply nodded as the guy gave his response. There really wasn't any point in drawing this out further. The guy felt like an ass, and Nadia had made her point.

"Okay. I forgive you," she said. "Now, I'll let you keep doing...whatever you're doing. I'll be on my way."

Nadia turned and started to walk away. As she did, she started to flip through the photos on her camera. The pics she took of the guy were interesting when viewed really quickly. She didn't have any real use for them though and would probably clear them from her memory card the moment she needed space. She'd move to a different part of the park first. She didn't need some random guy from school eyeing her the whole time.

((Nadia Riva continued in Picture Perfect))
backslash

Post by backslash »

Cristo took a breath and put his head down on his knees for a few minutes once Nadia left. Deep breaths, that was it. Deep breaths, don't get upset. Just a little discussion, that was all.

Except that wasn't it at all, and he knew it. He couldn't quite put into words why he was upset, when Nadia was the one who had felt like her personal security was being invaded, but he was. He felt attacked, almost. He'd had people tell him that he was bothering them before, but he hadn't expected anyone to get so annoyed if they caught him watching. He could have wondered why, could have come up with half a dozen reasons that Nadia might have for such a response, but...

Well, he really didn't feel like thinking about her anymore. Or anyone else, for that matter. Not today. The park had turned out to not be such a great idea after all. Maybe in the future he ought to just stick with his neighborhood.

With a soft sigh, Cristo lifted his head from his knees and put his fallen earbud back in. The battery on his iPod was getting low, anyway. All signs pointed to going home and staying there for a good long while as the best course of action.

Cristóbal stood and stretched, shot a quick glance over just to make sure that Nadia wasn't pointing her camera at him again, and left the park.

He tried not to spend too much time that night wondering if she'd really deleted those pictures.

((Cristóbal Morales continued in Wasserweber))
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."

Return to “Liberty Park”