Luz Interpretation

Saturday at the Luz compound

Beyond the Kingman border lies a vast expanse of untouched Mojave Desert. This makes it an attractive area for those looking to go camping, hiking, or motorbiking, among other wilderness activities. Despite the distance separating the two, many enterprising teens have also taken road trips to Las Vegas—around the halls of Cochise, there always seems to be talk of one of these excursions happening "soon," though the reality is that many of these excursions never make it off the ground. There are also a number of ghost towns in the vicinity of Kingman, with Cerbat being one of the closest. This board is also the appropriate location for any other events taking place outside the boundaries of Kingman proper that are set during the pregame time period; past trips, however, belong in Memories of the Past.
Grim Wolf

Luz Interpretation

Post by Grim Wolf »

Yoga was bullshit.

On some level, Lizzie knew this.  On some level, Lizzie had always known this.  It wasn't calming, it didn't instill her with a sense of serenity, it didn't make her feel detached from material things.  It was just a series of elaborate stretches set to muzak.  That didn't mean it wasn't useful.  It kept her flexible, and that was the only reason she'd started.

But god damn this tape was terrible.

She was wearing a sports bra and running shorts, slapping on the VCR since the tape was riddled with static so she could just barely make out the fit man wearing athletic shorts at the center of the screen amidst a field of static snow.  7 a.m. sunlight was creeping through her window, just barely illuminating her small but comfortable room; one wall taken up by a shelf, one by her bed, the closet just behind and all her floorspace free and uncluttered mostly for her exercises.  Which would have been a lot more useful if the god damn tape would work!

She grimaced and sank back down to her bed.
Those Whose Time Has Come]

Terra Johnson (female student no. 73, DECEASED): Oh...duh...Abel's...dead...the one who...lives is...

Tom Swift (male student no. 60): It didn't matter what he wanted anymore.

Daria Bhatia (female student no. 56): "I pity you, and everyone who knows you. Because if you can live with this, I don't...I don't think you're human anymore.”

[+] Those Who Have Gone Before
[/url]

V6

Alex Tarquin (male student no. 32: "No more...masks..."

Tara Behzad (female student no. 12): "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

V5

Tyler Lucas: "I had fun. You?"

Karen Idel: Game over.

Xavier Contel: "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."

v4

Naoko Raidon (male student no. 54): Dying like...this isn't...so...bad...

Mirabelle Nesa: "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

Simon Grey: "I never was a hero, but, God help me, I tried."

David Meramac: "Running towards nothing. Running from nothing."
RC†

Post by RC† »

((Scarlett McAfee continued from She also fuckin' writes and shit))

Scarlett was in front of the Luz compound and wasn't sure whether she should ring at the doorbell. It was kinda early. Not for her, of course, she is used to waking up early. But for the family in there, ringing the bell would be kinda annoying. And it was a big family that had lots of members.

She was no stranger of the house, however, and knew where Lizzie was. Therefore she went to Lizzie's window and knocked on it, hoping she wasn't asleep.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler RC. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

A rapping on her window as Lizzie studied her stupid tape.  She blinked and glanced over to see Scarlett's heart-shaped face rising out of the hazy dawn.  She grinned and swiveled where she sat, reaching over and undoing the latch and pulling the window up.  There was no screen door--she'd removed it a long time ago, for those nights when the sky started calling and there wasn't time to ask for permission.

"Scarlett!" she exclaimed, keeping her voice low so she didn't wake anyone else up (and failing to draw a connection between this bit of respectful behavior and the loud banging on her old TV with the VCR built in from moments ago).  "What are you doing here?"  She offered the other girl her hand to help her through the window.

Terra Johnson (female student no. 73, DECEASED): Oh...duh...Abel's...dead...the one who...lives is...

Daria Bhatia (female student no. 56): "I pity you, and everyone who knows you. Because if you can live with this, I don't...I don't think you're human anymore.”

[/url]

V6

V5

Xavier Contel: "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."

v4

Mirabelle Nesa: "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

RC†

Post by RC† »

Scarlett grabbed the hand and tried to get inside.

"Uh, I woke up early today and I was bored, so I decided to go here. And next week I'll have to write a Spanish test, soo..."

She had a sad face on her face, because she disliked Spanish. She looked at the room.

"You're watching TV?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler RC. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

Lizzie rolled his eyes.  "I wish," she said.  "Some of my fuckin' DvDs work, but not this piece of..."  She trailed off and gestured at the TV, then to the yoga mat she'd rolled out onto her floor.  "Yoga," she said.  "Like to stay flexible.  But this thing's not..."  She grimaced and shook her head.

[/url]

V6

V5

v4

RC†

Post by RC† »

"Oh, I see", Scarlett said. "Yeah, tapes aren't practical for watching stuff anymore. I heard they get more broken the older they get."

Scarlett herself owned some tapes, but neither of them really created a nostalgic feel, but rather a feel of annoyance, due to the weird quality, the unpleasant sound from the VCR and the fact that she had to reset the movies she had watched. DvDs were better. But digital was definitely the best!

"Have you tried hitting the VCR? It solves the problem, in most cases."
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

Lizzie laughed.  "Yeah, that's the first thing I did," she said.  "Then the 2nd, 3rd, 4th..."  She shook her head, grimacing.  "It's not really takin'.  Maybe the stupid thing's dead."

Everything has its time and everything dies.

The thought was so unnecessary and so maudlin that she giggled to herself, erasing the giggle.  She flashed her eyes hopefully to Scarlett.  "You don't have any yoga stuff at your place, do you?"

[/url]

V6

V5

v4

RC†

Post by RC† »

Scarlett reacted to Lizzie's laugh with laughing with her. In Scarlett's imagination, Lizzie beat the hell out of the old, poor VCR. Poor, old, rusty, film-veteran VCR was also probably dead, as Lizzie stated. Hah. Scarlett joined the giggle.

"Nah, I don't do yoga stuff."

Scarlett touched her chin, thinking like a philosopher.

"Maybe we can find yoga stuff on the internet?"
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

Lizzie grimaced and jerked her head to one shelf across the room, laden with DvDs (particularly of Dr. Who).  Of course, the sole DvD player was in the living room downstairs, which meant she did most of her watching either late at night after everyone had gone to bed or early in the morning.  And she didn't particularly like doing her yoga in full view of the family.  

You could also just buy a DvD player.

Yeah, maybe.  Wasn't that much room in the budget, though.  Not if she wanted to keep rambling.  

"We'd have to use your place," she said aloud.  "My stupid parents don't have internet."

[/url]

V6

V5

v4

RC†

Post by RC† »

Hmm. Going to her place? A bad idea. Scarlett wasn't sure whether she'd disturb her father. Assumingly, yes, she would.

"Oh yeah, I recall."

Scarlett said nothing for a moment.

"I'm not sure. My father wouldn't be amused when we'd go my place in an ungodly hour."

Scarlett, however, couldn't think of an alternative.
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

Lizzie grinned.  "Well, I'd hate to get you in trouble," she said.  "Wanna walk there?  Trabajamos en tu espanol?  By the time we get to your dad's it should be, like, 9.  That's probably way less of a pain in the ass."

[/url]

V6

V5

v4

RC†

Post by RC† »

That was...a really great idea! All problems solved.

"Yeah, we don't have to rush there, we have our time."

Scarlett was ready to go back home. "Can I help you carrying the yoga stuff?"
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

Lizzie snorted.  "Don't sweat it," she said.  "I just need my mat and my clothes.  Could you grab my backpack from the living room?  I'ma change real quick."  She pulled at the thin elastic of her old running shorts, grimacing.  "Not really the kinda stuff I wanna go out in."

[/url]

V6

V5

v4

Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Scarlett grinned as she looked at Lizzie's clothes. "Sure, I'll get your backpack and then we can get out of here." She nodded.

She headed out of Lizzie's bedroom and she managed to make her way to where the living room was. She grabbed Lizzie's backpack and made her way back to Lizzie's room. She waited a few minutes as Lizzie was changing her clothes. And then she was off with her friend back to her home. With some yoga stuff.

Sounds like it would be a great day for the both of them. Maybe. Scarlett couldn't help but have a huge grin on her face.

((Scarlett McAfee continued in A Most Worthy Quest))
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

Lizzie pulled on a pair of loose dark jeans (her older brother's, stolen because girl's pants were stupid and the pockets didn't even work).  Not that it was a great fit--her hips were bigger than her brother's, and she had to finagle a black leather belt to ever get them to stay up in a way that didn't show off some major plumber's crack every time she spent over.  She threw a threadbare black t-shirt on over her sports bra and her replica coat on over that.

She hoped she cut a stylish figure, but if she didn't, well, she got to spent the time with Scarlett in pursuit of a way to actually do yoga.  There were worse ways to spend a Saturday.

(Lizzie Luz continued in A Most Worthy Quest).

[/url]

V6

V5

v4

Return to “Beyond the Town Border”