Mass Destruction

10th thread! (Open!)

Established in 1976, Larson's Comics and Games has grown into a successful business since its early years. As the town's largest comic book retailer, it's a popular destination for graphic novel fans of all ages. In addition to its shelves of superheroes, mysteries, and fantasies, the store also boasts a wide range of roleplaying game resources, as well as backrooms that can be reserved for table-top sessions with complimentary access to source books. A handful of arcade cabinets decorate the video gaming corner, which, while slightly underdeveloped compared to the other focuses of the store, still offers a decent range of games less mainstream than those found at the chain retailers like Target.
Riki

Post by Riki »

"What? Are you afraid or something?"

Fiyori smiled at Jeremy which masked the bit of offense she felt. Offense. That sounded wrong. Somehow. He seemed to hesitate, though. And something about it rubbed her the wrong way.

Well, she guessed that technically Fiyori could give the Kitfo ball to him, so that he might eat it at some later point. Still at that very same day, of course. Would go bad otherwise. And that'd be a shame.

It'd also be a shame if she didn't get to see his squee of delight!

Fiyori considered taking one of the balls. But she decided not to. The dusty bread giving way to the cold and moist meat, distributing an exciting sense of heat all over her palate. Tempting, but she wanted Jeremy to taste it all.

"Listen dude, my arm's getting heavy. How 'bout you close your eyes and go through with it?"
Gervais Frans Lambotte 🎡 Blue Jeans and Bloody Tears 🎡 Martini-Henry Rifle MkIV Pattern
||Selection|Clicks|Lonely|
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
O B014 Joachim Lovelace - Ballistic Knife, MP 18, Obsidian Knife - "It doesn't matter. They lost, he lost, I'll lose. That's the nature of the game."
O G042 Aileen Aurora Abdallah - Pair of MMA Gloves, Golf Club & Table Leg -
B059 David Zimmer - Sabre -
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

"Hey, I'm only trying to savour the experience here," Jeremy said, smirking. "Just let me... take in the smell or something." No. Jeremy wasn't stalling. He had no idea what you were talking about. But no, really, he wasn't. He actually was being polite and all that. Nothing to justify the- wait no that wasn't really a rude response at all. Although he wasn't trying to stall, he probably would have eaten it a while ago if he didn't start asking questions, so that little comment at the end there was a little justified. "But in all seriousness, I'll have it now." He held the breadball (which was already in his palm, by the way; no idea what she meant by that), and... wait, how was he supposed to eat this without spilling it all over the floor? Was he supposed to eat the top and then use the bread as a cup, or something?

Wait, no, you're stalling, Jeremy. That's literally what you said you weren't doing a moment ago. Just eat it already.

And that's what he did. He took a bite out of the top of the thing and left the rest in his palm, letting it roll around his tongue and- wow god this was spicy. Not like "oh my god I can't eat this it's too spicy" spicy, but he could certainly feel his mouth heat up a little. Well, it didn't heat up a little, it was kinda burning now actually, but he could deal. Tasted pretty good, actually. He swallowed, and moved his tongue around his mouth for a bit, trying to get the remaining spice out. He didn't really have the blessing of water here so he had to make do with what he had.

"You weren't lying when you mentioned that it was spicy," Jeremy said, still trying to clean out his mouth. "Still tastes pretty good, though!"
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

B003: Jeremy Frasier β€” "Yeah. No regrets." β€” 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME β€” Past: β˜† β˜† β˜† | Present: β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† | Sadie Hawkins: β˜† β˜†
V6: β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜†
THEME: OneRepublic β€” Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti β€” "Thank... you..." β€” 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME β€” Past: ❇ ❇ ❇ | Present: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ | Sadie Hawkins: ❇ ❇
V6: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇
THEME: The Megas β€” The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King β€” "I win." β€” 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME β€” Past: ☻ | Present: ☻ ☻ ☻ | Sadie Hawkins: ☻
V6: ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻
THEME: Luck Ganriki β€” golden sneer
[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Nicholas "Nick Andretti" Andretti β€” The Mercenary β€” "Have a problem? I can help you. For a price."
Clover Wilkinson-Crowheart β€” The Cryptid β€” "Don't... talk to me..."
Teddy "Theodore" Berenson β€” The Crusader β€” "Be excellent to each other."
Yong Yi "Penny" Yu β€” The Burnout β€” "I DO TWO THINGS I RAP AND FUCK"
Riki

Post by Riki »

Fiyori beamed. Strange, unusual, but still happening. She beamed, and for a moment, you might have thought of Fiyori as cute. Not in the way bunnies are cute. Something more baby-predator level of cute. Then again, bunnies probably tasted pretty good.

Either way, she shot him a continous smile that easily betrayed her pride.

"Glad you liked it!"

She watched Jeremy clean out his mouth, and...

Fiyori leaned in. She could smell the strong spices escaping Jeremy.

"You'll find that, once we all leave high school... that you really enjoyed your time with me."
Gervais Frans Lambotte 🎡 Blue Jeans and Bloody Tears 🎡 Martini-Henry Rifle MkIV Pattern
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
O B014 Joachim Lovelace - Ballistic Knife, MP 18, Obsidian Knife - "It doesn't matter. They lost, he lost, I'll lose. That's the nature of the game."
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

((Brendan Harte continued from So Sorry For That, Man! ))

Brendan's curiosity had got the better of him as he had peeked through the window of Larson's Comics and Games and he stepped inside. He was overwhelmed by how many graphic novels there were. Normally right now he would be in a book store and not be in here. But he was tempted to have a look around. Comics, graphic novels, games..... Well, he wouldn't normally look at these things. But he wanted to see what other people liked. If he wanted to make more friends. Then he could start here and see if anything interested him.

He stopped moving as he could see Fiyori and another student from school having a conversation with each other. What was that guy's name? He was sure that it begin with a J. He thought about it for a while as they were both continuing to talk. Oh.... Jer....Jeremy? Yes, Jeremy. Brendan didn't pay that much attention to Jeremy in school as he didn't know him that well. Although, Caedyn had a strange nickname for the guy. Β Now Brendan had only see Fiyori once back in the library and he remembered that he never got to try her food. He felt bad about that. He was sure that whatever she had made had been delicious. Maybe he should approach them both to speak with them. But what about?

He was a little hesitant. So he stayed back for a few moments. He was sure that he could talk to Fiyori just fine. But Jeremy was a different story. Brendan shook his head and he fiddled with his phone that he had been holding in his hand the whole time. Brendan decided that he needed to go for it. They were currently talking about food so he could possibly try to add in about that. Maybe not.

Brendan took a small step towards Fiyori and Jeremy and he cleared his throat. "H....Hi, Fiyori, Jerebear- I mean, Jeremy...!" He hadn't meant to say that. He was just really nervous and he couldn't get Caedyn's creepy nickname for Jeremy out of his mind. "....I..... Sorry. I'm terrible at talking to people.... Caedyn really got to me with that name for you.... Um...."

He couldn't believe that he had said 'Jerebear' so casual as well. What a way to make an impression on another guy that he never actually talked to before. He averted his eyes awkwardly from the both of them and he glanced down at his phone. How embarrassing could he be?
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: β€œ...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

Whoh, hey! Using the stock phrase he gave to his parents actually worked! Normally when he said it his mother would go "just good?" and become super entitled about it but apparently Fiyori was satisfied with his compliment. So much so that she decided to get a little closer to him. Not too close for comfort or anything but there was a little doubt in his mind that this was going to be a good thing. She then breathed in, and said something that Jeremy didn't really quite know the real meaning of. Like, he knew the words that Fiyori said and could put them together into a sentence and he could understand what it meant but not the tone behind it. Was she being legitimate? Was she flirting with him? He highly doubted and dreaded the latter but it was a possible interpretation out of the many that could be what she actually meant. Maybe he should ask, that'd probably narrow it down a bit.

"I'm not quite sure what you mean-"

And then he heard the fucking nickname again and he snapped his head towards where he had heard it from. Apparently it was now the new cool thing to call Jeremy by the nickname that made him want to tear his eardrums out. Yay! Joy all around! That'd definitely brighten up his day whenever he heard it! He looked around the shelves of the store to see who called him that, expecting it to be Darius or Bradley or someone else who found annoying other people to be a barrel of laughs, so when he saw Brendan a couple metres from him he was a little surprised. Brendan was normally a cool person to have around on a good day, but he had this little special snowflake quality about him and that could get real annoying real quick. Considering that and the fact that he had used the nickname that any sane person wouldn't use given that it was Cadeyn who gave him that nickname then no. Today was not a good day for Jeremy to be around Brendan.

"Excuse me?" Jeremy looked at Brendan, tone of voice indicating that Jeremy wasn't exactly happy about the nickname that Brendan just gave him.
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME β€” Past: β˜† β˜† β˜† | Present: β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† β˜† | Sadie Hawkins: β˜† β˜†

[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Nicholas "Nick Andretti" Andretti β€” The Mercenary β€” "Have a problem? I can help you. For a price."
Riki

Post by Riki »

Jeremy was confused. It was a common reaction. Fiyori smiled at him, intent to hold the stare a little while longer. But there was already someone new arriving.

Fiyori resumed her original position, stepped back from Jeremy, and a bit towards Brendan.

She welcomed him with a warm smile, but suddenly, it evolved into a malicious grin she threw against Jeremy. Oh, of course. It was Jerebear.

"Hey, don't mind him. Caedyn has a way with people, after all."

She wondered whether she should talk about her own involvement in spreading that particular nickname. Which she obviously and totally never did, because doing so would be cruel. Seriously, she didn't know whether Jeremy could take that.

...she did greet him with Jerebear though. So, she was just a little bit cruel. One or two ounces at best.

Fiyori looked over to Brendan. This whole standing thing began to be uncomfortable. She stretched her left leg. She stretched her right.

"By the way... 'sup?"
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Brendan noticed that Jeremy didn't sound happy at all. Who would be if you blurt out a stupid name like 'Jerebear'? It did sound like a terrible nickname. Well, at least Fiyori greeted him at least. The silence between the three of them was feeling very uncomfortable to Brendan. He had to say something. Anything. To make sure that he could get on Jeremy's good side again. He just needed to think of what to say. He slowly stopped looking down at his phone in his hands and he was trying to make eye contact with Fiyori and Jeremy.

"Um.... I'm good, Fiyori. I just....thought that I could come over and say hi. But I was kind of....nervous.... So I ended up saying the wrong thing." He was looking at Jeremy with apologetic eyes and he went back to fiddling with his phone nervously. He was actually hoping to get a text from Alba soon. ".....So what were you two talking about together...?"

He was still pretty sure that Jeremy was mad at him. But what could Brendan say or do? He just had to be hopeful that Jeremy might let it go.

"So, Fiyori. I think I need to apologise to you because I never did try out what you made. ....Back in the library, I mean...." He said quietly and he glanced between Fiyori and Jeremy. He was still feeling nervous in their presence. Maybe it had been a bad idea to come here after all.
[+] V7
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: β€œ...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

So then Brendan just ignored him. No sorry or anything. He just kinda went on talking to Fiyori, apologizing to her about something that Jeremy didn't really care about at all. Not that it surprised him, really. Brendan was the type of dude who would always start fights before immediately backing down once whoever they picked on fought back. Hey, look at me, I'm the good guy in this scenario! I'm the person who was unfairly attacked by that jerk Jeremy after I called him by the name that his fucking ex-girlfriend gave him! I'm clearly not at fault here! Yeah, fucking bullshit. The fact that he apologised to Fiyori and not Jeremy kinda told him that.

Because you know what? It was okay to make fun of Jeremy. He was the one who had an ex-girlfriend who fucking stalked him. He was the one who looked so damn funny whenever he half threw himself out a window just to avoid her. It wasn't like he'd made a terrible mistake which put him in literal hell for two months and even after still left him with someone who literally drained his good mood whenever she was even mentioned. It wasn't like he didn't admit that or anything. Nope! It was clearly okay to make fun of him for it, and it was clearly not your fault if he bit back at you for mocking him! So fuck Brendan. Fuck Fiyori, too. He was currently with two people who he fucking hated at the moment and he could feel-

...He needed to get out of here. He could already feel the tiny little strings of rage tighten themselves around his head and arms. That wasn't good. It never was. He moved, walking past Brendan and heading out of the front of the shop. He needed air, or something. He didn't know. Something that could just help him fucking relax.

((Jeremy Frasier, continued in Top 10 Reasons SotF is the show YOU should be watching! βœ“βœ“βœ“))
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Riki

Post by Riki »

Fiyori stepped aside. Not that she had to. Jeremy had enough space to leave, and even if not, he wouldn't just push past her. That was what Brendan was for. It was really more of a symbolic gesture. She doubted anyone noticed, though.

She watched him leave. Without handshakes or 'goodbyes' or hand waves, not even with an angry tantrum or yelling cusses at his predators.

He was angry, he recognized it and left.

It would have sounded strange to say she approved. But she found that self-control admirable. Fiyori's view followed after Jeremy as he left the store, and in the background she could hear curious an inquisitive voices. It took her a moment before she focused on Brendan.

"I'd say it is him you owe an apology. You have a way of racking those up, my friend."

Fiyori placed a hand on her neck, massaging it. Brendan was probably curious about what Fiyori had in store for him, food-wise, which was a bit different from what she had back when she met Brendan in the library.

"I still have Kitfo, well, Kitfo in a bread ball. Care to try that?"
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Brendan felt really guilty after Jeremy had left. He never meant to sound so insensitive to Jeremy's feelings. He lowered his phone and put it into his pocket. So much for making a next friend when he hurt the guy. Way to go, Brendan! You are a complete moron....

"I.... I should have apologized to him first. I didn't mean to upset him. I will definitely apologize to Jeremy when I see him again." Brendan was being truthful to Fiyori because he felt really bad for what he did to Jeremy and Brendan actually looked sad himself. Fiyori was right. "....O-Oh..... Yeah.... I really am the 'I'm sorry' guy, huh?"

Brendan heard Fiyori say something about Kitfo. It sounded like it would be tasty. However, he felt like he didn't deserve to have one. He actually knew that he didn't deserve one after hurting Fiyori's friend like that. He would have to refuse her offer politely. Was Brendan overreacting? He wasn't sure. Maybe, maybe not.

"I....No thank you, Fiyori.... I don't really deserve to have one after....." He trailed off and he stared at the ground in front of his feet, feeling ashamed of his behaviour. "I can't even make a friend without hurting their feelings.... I'm just not good at this friends thing at all."
[+] V7
Riki

Post by Riki »

He didn't deserve one after...? Oh, Jesus Christ. Way to be melodramatic, Brendan. Even she couldn't do it better. Fiyori raised an eyebrow at Brendan, wallowing in his self-pity. She grabbed the very last bread ball. Fine, Brendan could do what he wanted. If he had fun being whiny whenever he was on his own, great and good. Yet refusing Fiyori's most gregarious offer? Truly heinous, truly objectionable.

Well not really, but she figured she could cheer him up.

Fiyori played around with the bread ball. Threw it back and forth between her palms.

"Hey, it's fine. I'm not good at making friends either. I just stuff food in their mouths and sometimes they don't try to punch me."

She chuckled. She readied her arm.

"Now, eat or die!"

She hurled the kitfo.
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Brendan didn't even register what Fiyori said to him at first and he raised his head to look at her. He really should stop feeling sorry for himself. He didn't want to look too pathetic to Fiyori. He should try and- Wait.... What did Fiyori just say? Eat or die? That sounded kind of funny. And he started to giggle a little.

"What--"

Just as soon as he opened his mouth to speak, he was surprised to have caught the Kitfo in his mouth. He was so shocked by this that he almost dropped the bread ball out of his mouth. But he managed to keep it in his mouth and he started to chew on it. The first thing that he noticed was that it was hot. A bit too spicy for him.

"I.... Wow...."
[+] V7
Riki

Post by Riki »

Damn.

She was good.

Fiyori giggled, enjoyed her own awesomeness for a moment and stepped towards Brendan.

"So, you like it?"

Man, that could've gone wrong. She glanced to the side, and there she saw one of Larson's workers. Some guy in his twenty, probably not being paid enough to deal with this shit. She could see he was wondering whether he should intervene before Fiyori did something stupid. But, Fiyori's throwing arm amazed everyone, and that guy resumed doing things that don't involve bothering Fiyori.

Back to Brendan. Clearly, the shock was engraved on his face. And she might be mistaken, but that also looked like his face reddened. Maybe a little bit of sweat? Seems poor Brendan couldn't take it as well as Jeremy, receive skills aside.
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Brendan felt like his tongue was burning a little and he put his hand over his mouth. Making sure to finish what he was eating before he would answer Fiyori's question. It really did taste very good. He could really have a bottle of water right now. He moved his hand away from his mouth and he gazed at Fiyori a bit awkwardly. He needed to tell her how he honestly felt about it.

"I....I really did like it a lot, Fiyori. Uh.... I think it was a bit too... um.... spicy. But I still loved your kitfo. So, yeah...." He was mumbling a little. "I would like to try something made by you again.... If.... If you would like to.... I don't want to force you." He chuckled nervously.
[+] V7
Riki

Post by Riki »

He chuckled nervously and she chuckled with him. Not nervously. She found it amusing. Brendan said he wouldn't want to force her. As if someone who was such a definite push-over would be someone to force her. Especially not Fiyori, who gladly threw food after people. Literally in that case.

It was amusing, and it was adorable. It could be annoying, too, but she figured she could bear him even then.

"Sure, just come by my house and I'll feed you."

She giggled, and pulled two things out of her bag. A loose piece of people, slightly crinkled, slightly torn, and it seemed it was slightly dusty as well. She shook it in her hands, and some bread crumbs fell off too. The other thing was a pen. She pressed the piece of paper against her palm, and wrote a string of numbers on it. Not her greatest piece of calligraphy, but it was readable.

"Still, maybe you should give me a call beforehand."
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]

Return to β€œLarson's Comics and Games”