Empty Hallways*

A private school in Smallstown, New Jersey. Got a genius type character or a character whose parents forced them into a high class kind of school? Then, Gilroy Academy is the academy for you!
Kaishi*

Empty Hallways*

Post by Kaishi* »

7:05 AM on the nose. Meri Lennart always showed up at that time. The teachers really didn't mind it, 'cause all the girl did was poke around the music room. Messing around with the midget trumpets was fun in itself. Fat brasses, horse hair, and baby smooth mahogany. Meri had played in her old school, but she had to drop it after all the extra stuff she had joined in the summer. Too bad she quit. She was beginning to sound really good for her age.

This academy was downright weird. While it wasn't all that it was expected to be, it was still a long way off from being as diverse as some of the other New Jersian schools. Everywhere you turned there was a straight A student, tacked on the Honor Roll wall. It wasn't even special or anything since it came so naturally. Straight As were as common as getting a perfect score on a no-brainer test. Meanwhile, the more normal kids like Meri were suffering with long study nights, which happened consecutively without breaks last week. The tired was showing up real well on her face.

"Man," She breathed through her teeth. The music room was locked. No playing with the cornets this morning. With twenty minutes until school started, what was she going to do to kill time? "I'm starting to hate you, Gilroy. Really bad..."

((OOC: ^_^))
Founder of SOTF - 2005.
I am an archival account used by staff to port old posts from handlers no longer active. If you are this handler, get in touch with staff and we can get your posts back for you! Sydney avatar by Kermit.
Chase†

Post by Chase† »

Across the way, about to collide into her already busting locker with another armful of textbooks, was Deliah Dollop. She had her knees bent awkwardly, the knee high tan suede boots she wore creasing considerably at the awkward stance while she tried to perch the books atop her thighs.

"24...55...tw--, no no no no! Not 6! Oh, you stupid metal deathtrap!"

She tried to kick the wall in her frustration, but only managed to have the books and papers topple on top of her feet. Her head dropped to look at the mess of literature on the floor, her ponytail hang down on one side of her shoulder.

It was then that she caught the voice of another student in the hallway, turning her whole body and leaving the books in front of her locker as she made her way down to the front of the music room. Deliah was actually surprised to see a young girl there, probably a freshman like her, with a rather exhausted expression pasted to her face.

"What was that?" she inquired, maybe a bit louder considering they seemed to be the only two in the halls.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Chase. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Sephy†

Post by Sephy† »

Sasoru wandered through the main entrance toward the corridor full of lockers 'damn itchy contacts' he forced himself to resist the urge to rub his eyes, where ice-blue contacts sat in an effort to disguise the redness of his eyes, the result of yet another night of insufficient sleep, being second best was inexcusable he told himself, if his teachers spoke too fast for him to understand it was his own fault for not being good enough at english.

He neared his locker "Nijyu Ichi, Jyusan, GoJyu Roku" he mumbled the combination in Japanese to himself as he turned the dial on his locker, openeing the door and glancing inside, he took out the science textbook needed for first period, the one that he'd been told off for 'doodling' in, remembering an amusing incident where he'd spent 10 minutes trying to explain that he'd actually accidentally written his notes in katakana rather then roman letters.

Shutting the door, his bracelet clinking on his arm, he turned, only half-noticing 2 other girls down the corridor, he headed down the corridor to find an unlocked classroom where he could study in preperation for the days science lessons, he'd be damned if he let these damn western chemical names get the better of him, besides, his mother had threatened to sell the piano unless he got perfect marks in the next exam.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Sephy. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Kaishi*

Post by Kaishi* »

((OOC: I would've posted earlier but I wanted to watch a movie. Sorry. X_X))

"That? Um, that was me getting mad at Gilroy the school."

Meri squinted, trying to remember the other girl's name. Usually, her memory was next to perfect. Maybe her Dad was right about getting more sleep. Was the girl's name Daisy? The letter "D" was the only thing coming to Meri's mind, along with familiarity with the face. A fellow ninth grader, no doubt, from some class or another. She held her head in her hands, trying to clear it.

"Who are you?" In the weakly sloshed tone she was using, it came out darker than she would've liked. "Where have I seen you before?" It sounded like the questions were more to herself than Deliah. She waited for a reply, searching through her cluttered brain to see if she'd be the one to answer first. Can't be Daisy. Maybe Dayli? Dayleaf? Ugh.

"...Is your name Dayli, by any chance?"
Founder of SOTF - 2005.
I am an archival account used by staff to port old posts from handlers no longer active. If you are this handler, get in touch with staff and we can get your posts back for you! Sydney avatar by Kermit.
Chase†

Post by Chase† »

She smiled at her peer, glancing at the door the girl had been near idly. The general feeling most girls felt towards the school either was boredom, hatred, or an immense hormone discharge causing a boy-crazy frenzy. Either way, being here this early never helped anyone try to grow into a liking for the Academy.

The girl sounded like she was just waking up from a deadened slumber, her words groggy sounding as she asked her name. Deliah raised an eyebrow at the girl's guess, but kept her friendly smile as she answered.

"My name is Deliah," she held out her hand, expecting a handshake from the girl, "I think we have homeroom together, but don't worry about forgetting my name. I don't seem to remember yours either."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Chase. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Sephy†

Post by Sephy† »

He stepped to the right as he moved down the corridor to give the 2 girls a wide berth. Back home he'd always been popular with girls, his clasically 'bishounen' looks and badboy attitude had them swooning, over here it seemed girls preffered more 'macho' guys, sports players, the cliche alpha male, 'good at hitting things with sticks and barely able to form a coherant sentance beyond "look how big my penis is"' Sasoru thought disdainfully, the only sports he was anything more then average at were baseball and gymnastics, of course, he'd never admit to being good at gymnastics, he was already considered girly enough.

((OOC- Sorry for the lots of thinking not much action, Sassy has a tendancy to monologue :P ))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Sephy. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Kaishi*

Post by Kaishi* »

"My name is Meri." She looked at Deliah's hand wearily, half expecting some joke to go along with. One of those stupid things from elementary school when you go on a long thing about Earth's skies and grass and how you've used that hand to wipe your hind area. Nasty. Meri had been at the end of those jokes all through fourth grade, including the immature "it" phase. This girl looked above it, though, Meri still winced when she shook her hand. There was something oddly dirty about it.

"Nice to meet you, Deliah. Sorry about the Dayli stuff, I don't know where my head is."

((Meri is no longer featured in this topic after this post.  She is continued in: Sitting Bored))
Founder of SOTF - 2005.
Chase†

Post by Chase† »

Deliah let her hand drop after the handshake, wishing to inquire why Meri had come here so early. Deliah herself had been taking care of Student Government work the boys had left her with once again, which was due in her homeroom. She was also responsible for helping the President of the SG make the morning announcements, a normal job for the VP who had gone on a cruise for a week.

"It's no problem Meri, we're still getting used to everyone maybe, still growing into our own as freshman. Hey, who're you?"

The last sentence was directed at the figure passing by, seeming to think that maybe the person was being shy around the two girls. But it had been awhile since she'd seen so many freshman girls around so early.

"Don't be shy here, honey. We're all girls here."
Sephy†

Post by Sephy† »

Sasoru almost choked at that comment, they thought he was a girl?? even after all his efforts to look masculine? 'maybe Mother was right about getting my hair cut'.
Resisting the urge to point to his crotch and say 'does this look female to you?'  he said "wata-I mean, i'm male"
Strawberry Prince†

Post by Strawberry Prince† »

Ebony walked down the hall, her skirt more than two inches above the knee. She didn't really like having a limit on her skirt length, although she didn't like it too high; That would just make her slutty.  She had a bag kind of backpack, the strap was over her right shoulder and the bag hung at her side. The bag was navy green and had all of her books in it.  

She yawned, it was way to early to show up to school. But rich parents who want their kids to be on time all of the time won't allow any lateness. Ebony looked at her schedule and looked for her locker number. She looked up tiredly from her paper to see a pile of books on the floor near her. It seemed her locker was next to this locker; Ebony judges noone and is nice to everyone she meets even if their messy. She's not mean unless someone gives her a reason to.  

Ebony loaded all her books and took the one she needed in her locker and then looked around to find a sign of human life. While walking saw two girls talking. Glad that she finally found someone she walked toward them. "Hey you guys." she said with a smile.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Strawberry Prince. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Chase†

Post by Chase† »

As the person turned to face her from across the hall, she approached him with the same smile on her face as she gave to Meri. But this was different on the other end of the interaction. The person seemed to twitch. and while she spoke Deliah eyes went to the twitch of the hand and saw... something that wasn't a very feminine trait.

"Oh! I'm sorry about that!"

She barely noticed the new girl come over and say hello to the group.

((Continued in: Back to Society))
Sephy†

Post by Sephy† »

"it's..ok" He said, not sure how to interact with someone who had just gotten his gender wrong, he glanced over at the girl who had approached the 'group', 'If there were three girls surrounding me back home they'd be planning to kidnap me' he laughed inwardly at his own thought.
Strawberry Prince†

"Hello everyone, my name is Ebony." she said with a smile. She looked at hte people around her and felt kind of akward, maybe she shouldn't of approched them in such a manner. "Ummm sorry about the disturbance, I was just lookinf for some people around here. The school looks dead in the morning since barley anyone is here." she said. Ebony wasn't sure of this year, would she make friends? She was pretty nice, people would like, she was sure that someone would be her friend. Its a school for goodness sakes... *Hmmmm, I hope everyone here aren't rich snobs. I hate those kind of people.* she thought trying to scan the gorup before her.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Strawberry Prince. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Sephy†

Post by Sephy† »

Sasoru made no sign of even having heard the girl's remark and he turned away, heading down the corridor to leave the three girls to chatter, he had work to do after all.
Strawberry Prince†

Ebony looked at him in disbeleif. *Oh, hell no.* she thought as she marched up to the boy who just walked off and grabbed him by the arm twisting his frontside to her. Now they were face to face. "Litsen pal, I don't know what your problem is! I was just trying to be nice!" she said glaring at him. Ebony has found rich boy snot number one. Ebony didn't like it when people are rude to her, and she just wasn't going to leave it at him walking away. She's going to get physical if she has to, to find out the problem.

Return to “P.J. Gilroy Academy”