What do you...?

Although it's called a hospital, it's really more of an island clinic. It's a relatively small building, covered in whites and pastels to give it a clean and sterile look. Even the waiting rooms and the patient rooms in the back beg for a little color. The cupboards and cabinets still contain various medications prescribed by clinic physicians. It's the opportune place to head if you're needing to tend to a few wounds -- it's also the opportune place to head if you're set on picking off the weak links.
Xaldien†

Post by Xaldien† »

"You know they don't trust you," Siouxsie said to Andi.

Even in my head, this bitch has to be a smart-ass know it all...

Did they have a reason TO trust him. he's an on-edge faggot with a sharp object in his hands, and that, in itself, would terrify anyone who didn't have a suicidal fixation.

"They think you're CUCKOO CUCKOO, CWAZY"
She cleared her throat, and then added, "Technically speaking..."

The fact that she's 'there' in itself makes him delusional, the fact that she was acting like a Looney Toons character made him wish he could just be shot.

"Is there some special word like 'away' or 'begone' that I could say to make you, you know, disappear?"

She just smiled, "Whatever you say, I'm YOUR hallucionation, after all."

And so she just disappeared, in a flash of an instant, so he could tend to the many people, some armed with weapons that could cause major OUCH pain, who he needed to gain the favor of.

"So, none of you happen to have a little bit of spare food for little me, do you?"

"Little you," asked Siouxsie, in his head.
Shut up, or I swear, if I survive this, I'll cut you so bad... you wish I hadn't cut you so bad...

"..."

Yeah...
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Xaldien. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Endless_Helix†

Post by Endless_Helix† »

Ernest sighed. Felix was as hard to read as ever. He seemed a little more open with Ernest now,  for what that was worth. The basic problem was the same. Someone he couldn't vouch for was well armed and in a position to kill him. Ernest glanced around the room a little. There was a small table that he and Felix had used, a couple of stools, and what appeared to be a couple of large and heavy looking shelving units, some of them full of medicine, most had one or two minor things that could be moved. Most of it was out of date too. Ernest did know quite a bit about pills, and which ones went bad the fastest.

He glanced out and saw how dark it was getting. "Hmm."

"The door could be barricaded with a couple of the shelving units. The real issue is the windows. We should leave the back door only locked, just in case this becomes a danger zone. I'll set some traps around the windows. Some basic stuff, and we should think about who we'll trust to put on watch, not that I imagine that we'll be getting any sleep tonight..." Ernest breathed out.

The boy with the sickle seemed slightly more lucid, but from this distance it wasn't an accurate judgement.  Ovechkin and the blonde were reminiscing about hockey camp or something equally as enthralling for them.  It was probably a good thing  for them.  Ernest smiled as they seemed to be laughing.

"Well, any other thoughts?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Endless_Helix. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Croco†

Post by Croco† »

"Yeah...is there something in here that can treat delusional behavior?" said a voice that slowly rose in the distance...it was that of Vesa as he and Alexander continued to talk about their pasts.  When he first left Andi alone, it was first to just talk to the Russian about their endeavors on the ice...but now that he heard Andi talking to himself, his next objective was to see if he could find something to help him.  Of course, he was no expert on medicine or what to give for what as he made his presence known to Ernest and Felix.  "If he doesn't get any help from us, I'm thinking he's gonna flip out and it'll be game over for all of us...maybe even himself as well.  Do you want that?"

He then heard about a plan to barricade the door shut and his eyes widened immediately.  "Are you fucking nuts?!?" he growled, "What good is this gonna do, other than lead to our deaths?"  He then banged his fist on a table in an authoritative manner and looked Ernest in the eye from where he stood.  "I say we keep our options open in case something happens...or someone comes along.  But first..."  A wide grin formed on the Finn's face as he stepped away from the table and proceeded back into the hallway while he thought of something else...something that would further help those that were present...
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Croco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Xaldien†

Post by Xaldien† »

The more Andi sat there, the more he began thinking that the people felt incredibly uneasy with him around. The only person that he trusted, and knew who trusted him back was Vesa. And Peter, if he were here, would take his side.

I miss him...

Over time, he began thinking of Peter more and more, until eventually he couldn't help but think of nothing BUT him.

He knew that Peter was on this island, and that he's probably in just as much danger as he is... but he couldn't help but think that Peter was in some deep shit. Technically speaking.

An uneasy feeling had him worried about the situation.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Xaldien. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Endless_Helix†

Post by Endless_Helix† »

Ernest sighed... Some people just weren't cynical enough. He took out his trusty pad and wrote his message, the same one he wrote to Felix.

"The thing is, while I trust all of you not to kill me immediately, every new person beyond this group has an increasingly larger chance as the game goes on to be a psychotic killer. Every dead person reduces our chances of finding sane people..." Ernest smiled sadly, "The barricades are to prevent people from forcing entry. Given what I've seen on the island, in terms of weapons, I'd say that a barricading a building is a good idea. There's a lot of short-range firepower on the loose. Also,  We can't stay here for very long; just through the night, most likely. I'd rather be able to get some sleep and be mostly safe , before we head out."

Ernest passed the note around quietly. It read:

DO NOT READ THIS NOTE ALOUD. EVRYTHING WE SAY IS MOST LIKELY RECORDED BY OUR COLLARS AND THE CAMERAS.

This is the important part of what I have to say. I think there's a way to get off the island, but we need a cell phone.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A CELL PHONE ON THEM?

If so, does it have Text messaging?

Ernest then thought a little. There probably wasn't any sort of psycho-active medication in the hospital. It looked more like a pediatrician's office than a psychiatrist's.  If there was... The boy with the sickle needed it, and so did Ernest for that matter. Well, I've got a day or so... The Sickle Boy needs it more, and he needs it immediately. End of discussion.

"Check for a safe in one of the back rooms. That's where they usually keep most of the more addictive or dangerous stuff. I don't think that there will be anything usefu though..."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Endless_Helix. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Jotun†

Post by Jotun† »

"Well, any other thoughts?"

"I'd like to keep the windows open. I'd rather see what's coming then not know it's there until they try blowing holes through the door." Felix regrettably admitted to himself that he did not have much to contribute. Not for a lack of ability, it just seemed to him that Ernest had covered all the bases. That's why you want to get the measure of him. Felix smirked a little knowingly, realizing that probably made him look crazy to anyone watching. He shook his head at Ernest, not saying anything, but rather than help fortify the base, went to the table and started dumping his belongings into his bag, leaving 'B09''s bag empty. When Felix finished, all that was left was Boy Number Nine's map, and the corresponing empty bag, as well as his empty tin can and bottles.

"Let's get cracking, then." Felix left his bag on the ground and started to set up, shoving one of the shelving units towards the door while Long Blonde asked about medication for the crazed looking kid to the more responsive Ernest before voicing his opinion on the stupidity of barricading the building. Felix turned from the unit to give him a skeptical look while Ernest fielded the question, before contributing. "We'll still have the locked back door, and if anyone comes gunning through that we'll know they're there before we know we're here." Felix whipped out his Glock as fast as possible, feeling he gave the movement excellent grace. "Bang! Before they know what's what." Smiling, he put the gun back and resumed moving the shelving unti as Ernest directed the blonde guy to the back room.

What do you think?

"Alright, we shouldn't have any problems." Felix said, stopping just short of the door. "We keep somone on watch for a few hours, they switch up with someone else. Everyone sleeps as well as can be done in this place." Felix stopped for breath, before continuing, feeling it didn't matter if the blonde guy heard his next thoughts. "I trust just about everyone except Sickle over there." Felix said, jerking his thumb outside. "Even he's fine as long as we keep him on a leash." This certaintly well reflected what Felix was thinking. The blonde guy seemed fairly peaceful and also not a complete idiot, as well as big and hardy, and that scar gave the impression he'd seen some rough things before, even if it wasn't necessarily true. Alex seemed capable enough, and even the Sickle Kid wouldn't be so bad if he could be pointed in the right direction. Felix wasn't sure if he would stick with them or just use numerical superirity to get some rest, but either way he felt the need to organize them.

"Alright, we'll finish locking this place up, and then..." Felix mentally ran the group through his mind. "We'll switch it up every two hours. Headcase doesn't get to watch, so it's between myself, Alex, you blonde kid, and you Ernest." Pausing, Felix looked only slightly up to the taller blonde guy. "M'name's Felix, by the way. Before you showed up," Felix noticeably eyed the scar under his eye. "...I was the prettiest one here." He chuckled and gave a friendly smile.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Jotun. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Xaldien†

Post by Xaldien† »

"Hey, Vesa, this was SUCH a good idea, getting ourselves involved with people who trust and love me SO MUCH," Andi said, with the world's most sarcastic smile on his face.

If he counted how many people distrusted him, he'd be counting till the sun came up, which it would be soon, anyway, but that wasn't the point.

"Seriously, if you all distrust me so much, I can leave for someplace else."

Siouxsie appeared once again.
"You're really taking this personally, aren't you?"
Just a little.
Croco†

Post by Croco† »

((OOC: I'm about to try something out here that me and Adam have been discussing...work with me on this, people.))

Vesa couldn't help but to smile a little at Felix's words when he referred to him as the prettiest of the boys that had gathered in the clinic.  "Thanks," he said, "I don't know whether to take that as a compliment or beat you into a bloody pulp."  He then read the note and thought about what it said; his next move was to give it to Alexander, but he knew that his abilities in English weren't the best, so he showed him the note and pointed out the words to him.

<< This kid is thinking that barricading the door would be a good idea... >> he said to him softly in Russian, nodding over at Ernest.  A master of five languages by age sixteen, Vesa knew that it would be better to speak to Alexander in his native language merely for the sake of comforting him in the time of chaos that had enveloped him.  He continued to read the note in a hushed tone, knowing that he was being monitored.  << The more people we meet, the better the chances of one of them being an insane killer.  And with the bodies piling up, it will have an effect on us as well.  The one that wrote this also noted the weaponry that some of the other kids have, so that is why he wants to barricade the building. >>  He then turned to see if anyone was listening to them, even though he knew that they wouldn't have a clue as to what he was saying before handing the note off and pulling Ernest aside by the arm.

"You said that there was a safe somewhere in this building where they keep the more...potent medications?" he said to him, "You're gonna help me find it."  He then let go of his arm, then extended his hand toward him.  "And my name is Vesa...the next one that calls me 'that blonde' will get his face smashed in.  I'm not a cheerleader..."  Clearly he was going for more of a comical effect, but he failed miserably...how can a kid his size and with his capabilities kid around like that in this situation?
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Croco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Endless_Helix†

Post by Endless_Helix† »

Ernest was a little surprised by the outburst of what he assumed to be russian.  The blonde kid seemed to be able to communicate with Alex in his native tongue which made him immensely useful. It also meant that there was someone who could communcate  without Ernest really understanding. Frankly, Ernest had taken highschool Spansih and French but was really only capable of reading the languages, which he could do quite well. Unfortunately he was sub par in the speaking department with both languages.

The blonde one, Vesa was his name apparently, seemed to think that Ernest knew where there was psycho-active medication. Well, in all honesty he did; his prescription was sitting in his pocket. However, there most likely wasn't anything else in hospital. And in all honesty, his prescription was probably far too potent for the Sickle kid. It looked like the poor guy had hallucinations brought on by immense stress, not full-blown schizophrenia.

"Look, Vesa, I don't know if there is any of the stuff you need here, and even if there was I wouldn't know what to give your friend. I'm not a psychiatrist. I'll help you for as long as I can, but I don't think you'll find anything here, " Ernest explained in a calm voice, "Felix, I completely agree with your thoughts on the windows. I was thinking more like alarm systems that would work to slow down anyone who wanted to blast away a window and come through, like a tripwire attached to glass jar that falls and shatters; that sort of stuff. "

It was getting really dark out. I don't think that anyone will be sleeping.... Most of this stuff is to keep them occupied. If they're doing things for the good of the group, odds are they won't flip out and kill eachother. Ernest looked into the hallway leading to the back rooms.  He saw a light switch and flipped it. There was no change in the lighting .

Figures.

"Well Vesa, it appears that we'll be using flashlights to search for your friend's medication," Ernest smiled as he pulled out his, after rummaging around a little in his pack.

"Incidently, I'm Ernest."
Xaldien†

Post by Xaldien† »

Blondie and his lover speak Russian, psh, ain't it cute.

"If it's worth anything at all, the name's Andi. Not Sickle Kid, crazy kid, or an other nickname you can think of..."

Although, those were the only names he himself could come up with.
He began to try and stand up, but needed Vesa's help.
He motioned for Vesa to come over and give him a hand, he also did it because he wanted a reason to be near somebody. ESPECIALLY a well built blonde.

MEANWHILE...
Siouxsie couldn't believe the bomb that just blew up right there...
"You mean to tell me that Andi has a little sister who's a little loco en la cebeza?"

Kathy gave her a sarcastic look.
"You could say that... by the way, work on your accent, otherwise, any hispanic person would disrespect you."
"Because you're SO the poster child for immense respect, huh, lady?"
The tension was so thick, you could try cutting it with a knife, but it might bend the blade.
Siouxsie's mother burst into the conversation.

"Siou, mind your manners, I didn't raise a ruffian daughter."

Kathy gave a triumphant smile, almost as if screaming MOMMA'S GIRL at full blast, but it was ripped away when Ms. Sioux continued.
"However, Kathy... you're a poor excuse for a human being, the way you've handled the lives of your children."

Daniel motioned for them to stop the arguing.
"One of them... is going to die... maybe even both... but you're here because..."

Siouxsie was confused. Despite the fact that he should be angry, he was rather calm, laid back, and a little happy.
"...You want Andi to win... don't you?"

The tall woman shook her head, and her faced flushed red, as she looked like she was about to cry.
"I want Andi to live... and, for my daughter to die."
Endless_Helix†

Post by Endless_Helix† »

Ernest looked at Andi curiously. He clearly wasn't feeling well mentally.

"Look, Andi, what's most likely happening to you right now is that you're beginning to freak out.  You've been put into the most stressful situation of your life and your body is handling it in a different way than mine does. What you need right now is rest and saftey; that will do as much for you as medication. We can provide the safety, but you need to relax and sleep. I'm pretty sure they've got some mild sedatives in this place, if you want them. If you don't trust us, fine. But the pressure will eventually catch up to you... Just try to make this as normal as it can be, as horrible as it is to say, it'll help with figurng out how to get off the island and keeping everyone sane," Ernest tried to calm the poor guy down.

It was pretty clear that he'd never really dealt with an extremely serious mental illness before, or at least, he'd never seen a psychologist about it. The whole 'Things I'm hearing aren't real!' was probably getting to him. Ernest new quite a bit about what Andi was going through, mostly because he had been in shoes that were pretty similar in style and size. And I had to take medication for it...

Well, if there wasn't anything to treat hallucinations, the kid needed it more than Ernest did. Most likely, nothing they'd have in an island clinic would even be of use for Errnest anyway, but it might ease the suffering of Andi.

"Come on Andi, lets look for something to calm you down." Ernest walked over and offered a hand to Andi.
Jotun†

Post by Jotun† »

(Waiting for Adam to post, then I'm gonna try and close up Felix's part anyway.)
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Jotun. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Croco†

Post by Croco† »

((OOC: Same here...Adam's fallen off the train here and we need to give him time to catch up.))

"That's a good idea," Vesa said as he dropped his pack and opened it to fish for the flashlight.  When he pulled it out, he immediately flipped the switch on and waved it around a couple times.  Relieved to be able to see where he was going again, Vesa closed his pack and brought it to his shoulders again, the flashlight in one hand while baring the diving knife he was issued in the other.  He was not about to fall victim to a sneak attack should Felix's hypothetical situation involving a sneak attack from the windows come true.  He also knew that Andi was near and stood still while he used him to pull himself up, making sure to use the arm that had the flashlight at the end of it to help him as he turned back to Ernest.  "Oh, and it's nice to meet you too...sorry if my mind is wandering a bit, Ernest."

Once Andi was up, Vesa began opening doors, seeing if he could find a room where the medications were stored.  The first three rooms were ordinary checkup rooms, which drew a growl and a muttered obscenity from the long-haired Finn.  But the fourth room he popped his flashlight into showed some promise as he stepped inside.  "Hey, Ernest...you might want to look at this..."

He waited for his companion to catch up, unsure of what was inside as he waved the light around.  There were plenty of boxes scattered about the room as well as several large bottles that looked to contain medications.  But he wasn't in the mood to take chances with anyone's lives yet while he moved some of the boxes aside to see if he could find anything that could be of use to him.
Endless_Helix†

Post by Endless_Helix† »

"A pleaseure, I'm Sure. Wow. That's not what I expected... Maybe a shipment had just come in or something." Ernest walked over and picked up  a bottle. Rizatriptan benzoate, not what we need... So he began to search one of the many boxes. This one seemed to be filled with different kinds of Arthritis Medicine. Just to make sure, Ernest pulled all of the medication out. It was all the same brand, and completely useless to help someone. It was at least a month old and hadn't been refrigerated for most of it... Although, it could possibly be put to use as a weapon...

The next box yielded a lot of tylenol and one bottle of advil.

"Just out of curiousity Vesa, do you even know what you're looking for?" Ernest asked the Blonde as he pulled out the fourteenth bottle of tylenol out of Box number 3. It looks like if we get a fever or something, we'll have plenty  of medicine for it... But I've yet to see any psyhoatcive drugs... Oh, speak of the devil. A bottle of Methotrexate was unearthedd after the tylenol bottle. It was mostly used for suppressing the immune system in psoriatic arthritis patients... This was dangerous stuff. It would knock you on your ass for about a day leaving you in this pseudo-dream state... If anything, it would enhance Andi's Symptoms... But, Ernest put it aside with the other Arthritis Medicine.

There were still plenty more boxes to go through.
Croco†

Post by Croco† »

As Vesa was sifting through the boxes, he was getting frustrated as his search was becoming more and more fruitless.  "Grrrrhhh...paska!" (Aw, shit!) he growled after uncovering another bottle of painkillers, then throwing it hard against the wall.  "How am I supposed to know what I'm looking for?!?"  He then picked up another bottle and did the same thing...but the third bottle proved to be something different.  Vesa examined the writing on it for a moment, shining his light on it but he still wasn't sure.

"What is this?" he asked, waving Ernest over, "Bus...Buspi...Buspirone?  Do you think it'll..."  Then Vesa stopped in mid-sentence and nearly dropped the bottle he was holding...he remembered it was some kind of anti-anxiety drug as he had a brief stint on anti-depressants resulting from the fallout after the shootout.  "No...now's not the time to think about that..." he thought to himself as he presented the bottle to Ernest.  "Do you think this'll be of any use?  I have a feeling it will..."

Return to “The Hospital”