This is the End

guest kill by Slayer

The expressway traverses the entire island, running from end to end and leading everywhere and nowhere. This long and winding road once served as the primary route of transportation across the island. Now, it's become just another part of the fight for survival.
Slayer†

This is the End

Post by Slayer† »

OOC: ((Continued from Salvage is my Middle Name))
IC:

It was dark. Actually, that was too much of an understatement; it was nearly pitch fucking black on the abandoned expressway as Justin Moore made his way across it. He had gotten bored after Blake Ross left the botanical garden hours ago, and after much walking he had found himself somewhere on this freeway. The eighth night of the game, and already he was one of the only ones left. It was nearly impossible to imagine. He had never been the strongest of kids, but here he was in the final...thirteen or so by now? Most likely somewhere around that by all the carnage he had been hearing. Damn, this game was proving to be much more brutal than what he had seen of the last one.

At least it's almost over he thought, the bobbing of his flashlight the only source of light in the area. At the moment, everything was submerged in a rare silence, almost as if all the killers were tired out at the moment. It was so close to the end, Justin could almost hear Danya telling him to report to some random location to be taken off the island. He had nearly made it, so close...

Maybe I should make it even closer, start killing while I have the chance...

He had only a bowie knife which he took from a corpse, having discarded his chakram, but he had another advantage; he was smart. Maybe he could kill someone with trickery and take their weapons. However, he didn't know if he could live with himself after doing such a thing. He didn't have a choice though...right? There wasn't any other way.

Gah! Such a dilemma! If I start playing now, I might have a chance, but if I don't I'll almost certainly be killed? But couldn't I just wait out the competition, avoid everyone else? If I won that way, would I still go home? While he was still mentally debating this, though, he heard a loud explosion some distance behind him, and several gunshots. Letting out a surprised yell, he nearly fell over while turning around, dropping his flashlight due to sheer shock and startlement. He couldn't see anyone, but then again he couldn't really see at all for the most part. He didn't know where those shots came from except "behind him" and found himself backing away, before turning back around and breaking into a sprint with a scream. Before he could gather any real momentum though, he felt his footing literally roll out from under him, and he went sprawling forward.

The second he hit the ground, he felt a searing pain. Screaming in agony, he staggered to his feet, his hand moving towards his stomach. When he did so, he could feel the hilt of the bowie knife at his gut and it was obvious what happened. As he staggered away in pain, he realized that he had fallen on his knife, and it was now buried to the hilt in his gut. While he tried to pull it out though, he fell forwards again, this time head first.

Unfortunately for him, he fell right towards an open manhole. More correctly, he tripped and fell into the manhole, his head bashing on the concrete of the road before he slipped in. As he fell, too surprised and the trip happening too quickly to scream, he smashed his skull on what felt like every rung of the stepladder that led from the sewer to the manhole to the street. As he slammed hard, neck first due to a slight spin, into the concrete pathway next to the raw sewage, on which sewer workers would have worked, he instantly lost consciousness, blood spilling out from his knife wound and his cracked open skull. As if the bleeding and the broken neck weren't enough, a slight wave in the tide of sewage picked up his hand, causing him to roll into what was essentially a bunch of raw feces and garbage. Around that time, the computers of the SOTF systems picked up the fact that he was in a dangerzone and set off his collar. He wasn't conscious to pick up the fact that he was drowning in shit, or the signature beeping. It was too late anyway.

As he hit the sewer grating, Justin Moore's collar exploded and his neck was blown out, his head sinking into the waste.

MALE STUDENT # 58- JUSTIN MOORE- DECEASED. 12 STUDENTS REMAINING.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Slayer.

Return to “The Expressway”