Vale Tudo

Two mansions look down on the gated community below. One was formerly the mayor’s mansion, which has a distinct hunting lodge theme to it, including many mounted animal trophies. The second, smaller mansion is more modern with many large, broken windows.
Outfoxd

Vale Tudo

Post by Outfoxd »

((B021 Paulo Abbate Start))

Paulo was sure everybody on the trip was acting like a bunch of little bitches.  They was probably crying, and carrying on, and all that shit little bitches like to do.

But not Paulo.  He was a man, he was fucking muy forte.  His balls hung so low they scraped the fucking ground, and his dick was bigger than this fucking plank of wood they gave him.

Besides, someone would come for them, right?  SOTF had been away for four years...the government wouldn't let it go down like that?

"Fuck no, man.  We'll be outta here by morning."  

Paulo had woken in the courtyard of some grande fucking house, with a bag on his back and a mountain of bullshit to worry about.  He hadn't moved much from there.

Instead he had posted up in the courtyard and took a pause for the cause.  Because A,  he had to get his bearings, and 2, the house was fucking magnifico.

It was the kind of house he would have once his MMA career took off and he was making six figures.  That he shouldn't be standing in the open fantasizing didn't cross his mind.  He needed to escape for a few minutes.

Besides, if anyone came near him thinking they'd start playing this stupid shit, he'd just take them down and then the magic would happen.

That or he'd knock them out with one of his giant fucking balls.

He continued to admire the house, refusing to admit to himself he was absolutely terrified.
Namira

Post by Namira »

((Becca Everett start))

Funny, what something as simple as a hunk of metal could do.

Hyperventilation - or something close to it, had been order of the day all the while Becca had been getting to grips with things, trying to figure out what to do, what she COULD do, whether she should be trying to get help, find friends. Near enough panic.

She'd gone through her bag, just for something to DO to stop herself from freaking out as opposed to consciously thinking about what was in there, and there had been a clinking sound as her fingers had brushed over a collection of cylinders.

That had given Becca some pause. Opening it up properly... and the bag was filled - freaking drowning in little metal... bullets. And close to the bottom, in amongst the other junk, there it had been. Silver. Sleek. Looked like something out of a damn movie.

It had stilled her nerves. Grounded her in reality. That was a gun. A real, legitimate gun. One that, assuming it wasn't rigged to explode to hell in some kind of weird-ass prank, Becca could use. Sort've.

Other people were going to have real, legitimate guns, no doubt. And what would happen if she was losing her head and not keeping it together? Well... if you lost your nerve, then you missed the clutch shot.

Becca was clutch. She was cool. Had to be cool.

Easier to do so when she had firepower though, and she really didn't want to think why.

--

She'd woken up in what, on cursory examination, appeared to be someone's garden. It had the look of a lawn that may have, at one stage, been well-tended and picturesque. At this stage? Not so much. It was an overgrown mess of weeds and scrub; Becca doubted that it'd seen a mower in years. The mansion that lay beyond the garden seemed like it'd seen better days too - even from the outside it looked pretty dilapidated.

Whatever. Becca wasn't planning on pitching 'deathmurder island renovations, the exciting new show where we bring a refreshing new style to all your favourite kill zones!' any time soon. Still, she figured that since it was there, she may as well take a look. Who knows, it could have had something useful inside.

Maybe a basketball. A basketball would have actually been... really damn cool at that moment.

Opening the creaky front door yielded a plume of choking dust that set Becca's eyes streaming. Blinking them clear, a quick glance around made it clear enough that the thick coating of dust had been disturbed not too long ago. Was someone here? Maybe... kinda had to assume that the guys behind all this had cased their locations first. Kind've a weird thought that one of those guys on stage may have been standing where she was right now.

Becca clenched the gun, fully loaded by hand now. If one of them came around the corner, she would've given them everything the Anaconda had and not even felt bad.

Cause, y'know. People gave guns to you and then gave you the opportunity to kill them. Urgh.

Becca kept moving, past bare mantlepieces, past a portrait of a man with an impressively large moustache, past hunting trophies... and then found another spot where light was streaming in - more windows, and a glass door. Peering through the dirty glass, it seemed to be some kind of-

Her heart leapt into her mouth as a smudgy, indistinct figure moved. Someone was outside!

Becca's back slammed against the wall alongside one of the windows - so hard that the glass actually rattled a little in its frame. It wasn't a big noise, but to her, it might as well have been a lung-bursting scream. A long, long pause, Becca holding her breath...

"Who the fuck!?"

Shit.
Outfoxd

Post by Outfoxd »

Bitches must not know who they were fucking with.

There were loud noises coming from inside the house.  Paulo wasn't playing that.  He brandished his piece of wood, and stalked over.  Nevermind that his hands and his knees were shaking.  He was a badass, and the world needed to know about Paulo Goddamn Abbate.

"Whoever's in there, letting you know, amigo, I'm a jiu jitsu master."

He took a few more steps.

"I would run now before I make you shit yourself."

Just a couple more.

"You don't wanna fuck with me, bro."

For the love of God let them not be there anymore.

He opened the door and...

there was a bitch there.

Way better than some dick with a gun or something.

Paulo's chest puffed out, and he leaned against the door frame as casually as he could.

"'Ola."

His eyes roamed her form, appreciative of the view.
Namira

Post by Namira »

It was a decision between bolting and fighting.

Becca's brain decided to go for a course of action that could be best summarised as 'ahaha fuck this I'm out', and she froze right the hell up.

She told herself to run, and her feet stayed planted to the floor, back pressed against the aged panelling alongside the window.

She told herself to fight, and her hands stuck at her sides, clinging to the gun, but not raising it, not bringing it in position to defend herself.

And then there was the voice again. Hard-edged. Threatening. Forget getting calmed by the Anaconda, Becca's yammering heart was thundering at about a hundred miles a minute. Whoever was out there had their blood up, wanted right the hell in on this crazy game, and there she was frozen to the spot.

Speaking again. They were closer now, approaching the door, obviously enough. Threatening, threatening-

the gun the gun you moron the gun he's right outside raise the fucking GUN-

The door to the outside opened, Becca swung around and moved back in the same motion, which only managed to make her slam her own shoulder into the wall. Owfuck. The momentary pain took her mind off the scream rising in the back of the throat long enough for her to stop and actually recognise who it was that had stepped through the door.

That was... Paulo, right? Mallory's guy. He'd said he did jiu-jitsu so that kind've matched up, was he going to att-

Oh. Okay. Apparently he wasn't.

"...hi," said Becca, when she trusted her voice not to crack. "You spooked me."

Actually seeing him was less threatening. A little smaller than her, actually, and he was only toting a 2X4. Not so bad... but he was a trained fighter, he could probably do some damage, and it hadn't stopped Paulo scaring her stupid. Close call, seemed like he wasn't going to follow through on the trash talking.

She held up a hand. The one without the gun in it. "No fucking with you here, chief."
Outfoxd

Post by Outfoxd »

"That's good to know, menina."  He said.  Now that he was calming down, his words started to drag in the faux-Brazilian accent he loved to use.

He stepped all the way through the door and let the board drop.  He didn't see the girl's other hand, so he didn't know she was armed for very big bear.

"I ain't mean to spook you, but you made me nervous, you know?"  He said, eyes still crawling over her.  "I ain't wanna have to fuck somebody up already, comprende?"

He swallowed, not even realizing how dry his throat had gotten on his approach to the door.

"What you doing in here, menina?"
Namira

Post by Namira »

Workout breathing techniques were a surprising useful tool, in terms of masking the fact that it felt like half of your internal organs were about to violently exit from your throat. Not that, y'know, Becca precisely blamed herself for not having previously leapt to that revelation, but it made her feel a little better and more important, it meant she wasn't doubling over trying not to retch all over the floor three feet away from someone she wasn't sure if she could trust.

Then again, Paulo wasn't barking threats anymore, had put his weapon down, and hadn't booked it upon seeing her gun. Becca shifted slightly, unwittingly revealing the revolver held at her side, pointing towards the floor. Protection... christ, she'd barely held it together enough not to scream. How the heck was she going to keep her head and use a weapon to ward someone off? Fire it? This was the first time she'd even HELD a gun; the only shooting she did was hoops.

Slowly, Becca nodded, parsing Paulo's explanation. It made sense, and she was glad she hadn't been the only one of the two to be a little freaked out. Her free hand reached up and rubbed at the back of her head. This left her hat askew, and she quickly adjusted it. She was desperately thankful for the cap, from some reason. It wasn't even anything special really, just a hat. However... that didn't stop the slight weight from reassuring her. Very, very slightly.

Really, why HAD she come in here though? She gave a shrug. "I woke up outside. It was closest so I figured... have a look, I guess."

For... people, supplies, anything really. Anything was better than doing nothing, because that meant starting to think. Already Becca was thinking of what could've happened if Paulo had been hostile - what was she gonna do if she couldn't even work up the nerve to defend herself?

She blinked, then her eyes focused on Paulo, as if seeing him for the first time.

Then maybe... find someone who could?
Outfoxd

Post by Outfoxd »

Now Paulo saw the gun, and he gave a brief whistle of appreciation.  It was almost a catcall.

"Looks you got lucky, baby."  He nodded.  "Better than this piece of merda."

She said her piece, and then, then she really saw the power Paulo had.  He could see in the way she focused on him.  Kind-of-inadvertently-but-kind-of-not Paulo flexed his chest, his arms.  The plumage was on display, and it was a damned magnificent one.  

"Well, menina, you found me.  Worth it, yeah?"  He said.
Namira

Post by Namira »

Becca glanced down to her hand, recalling what she'd been thinking earlier. Yeah, it was cool-looking, badass - from the quick glance over she'd given of the booklet that came with it, a real man-stopper. Which was... Becca didn't really want to think too much over that point. Hard to forget what the point of a gun really was... though it could at least maybe, if it had the look, be a deterrent.

Christ. She had no idea. She really, really did not want to be having to brandish a gun around to defend herself. Becca knew from experience that there was only so far you could get with words and posturing. Eventually, you had to back it up. In the context she'd learned that from, when she'd been bragging about basketball, Becca had known she had the skills to prove her point, and had done so. In this case... not so much.

Another nod in response. It was weird to consider herself lucky, but then, before she'd ran into Paulo, hadn't she been thinking that the Colt was perfect for calming herself down? Jeez. That'd flown out of the window in a hurry.

The seed of an idea was forming though, the cogs were starting to turn as he looked back at her and ... it could only be described as posed. It was almost enough to make her laugh, but she held it back, both eyebrows raising for a moment.

"Sure, worth it," a slight pause. "I'm Becca. Friend of Mallory - I've heard of you. Paulo right? The MMA guy?"
Outfoxd

Post by Outfoxd »

Oh, there it was.  She knew him.  Shit just got real.

He gave a little half smile, gave a little shrug, and gave a little nod.

"Oh yeah, you know.  I do that MMA shit.  Fucking good at it too, you know?"

There was a velvet padded chair sitting near the entrance, and Paulo took it upon himself to sit down.

"Thats why you don't see me bitchin' out like everyone else probably is, you know?  Anyone steps to me, I'll put the beatdown on their ass.  Like they owe me fuckin' money, you know?"

He punctuated this with an impressive slap on the chest with his fist.
Namira

Post by Namira »

Becca moved from foot to foot, gauged his reaction.

Okay so... she wouldn't try to say that she was a manipulative kind've person. Becca thought herself to be pretty chilled out, in all honesty. So maybe she was proud of her sport, and so... maybe she played her dad and her brother off of each other a little. But Ken was an asshat and a sore loser; he just asked to be provoked. Maybe Becca got him in trouble now and then, and maybe there had been that time when she'd wanted real bad to become basketball captain and tried to get under Kat's skin-

Kat was here. Fuck Kat.

She tore herself from that train of thought to flash Paulo a smile. Her memory was filling in a couple of the details, though honestly there really weren't many to choose from. Mallory had only mentioned the guy in passing, mentioning that she was going to go around to his place because that was where they... sparred, or something? Maybe that was where they all met up to go to a gym or something - she kind've doubted that they just scrapped in someone's backyard. On another glance, he didn't look that muscular though, but Becca knew well enough that you carried weight differently in different sports. Basketball muscle was probably not MMA muscle.

Another nod.

"I feel you," Becca answered, following Paulo and leaning against the wall, stretching out those long legs of hers. Her eyes flickered to his for a second, measuring reaction again. "Sounds like you're the guy to be around in a place like this, huh?"
Outfoxd

Post by Outfoxd »

Her smiled made him feel warm.  Paulo returned it.  Inexplicably, he felt uncomfortable.

"Y..yeah, I am.  I can handle the fuck out of myself."  He looked down, realized that sounded bad, and edited himself.  "I mean, I ain't worried about nobody."

He pointed at the gun in her hand.

"That's a mean-looking foder though.  I wouldn't fuck with you though, right?"  

God, those stems.  That girl's legs went up to her fuckin' chin.
Namira

Post by Namira »

Becca chewed the inside of her mouth for a few seconds, having to stop her teeth from sneaking out to snag her bottom lip, as was her habit. Probably not a good idea to let on how hard she was thinking about all of this. Because she was. She really really was.

It wasn't a terrible terrible plan though, was it? Becca didn't know Paulo that well, her information was pretty much all second hand, but if he was going to come after her, he would've done so by now. He hadn't seen the gun straight away, with her standing there frozen, there was plenty of opportunity to take a swing. So she could trust him. At least a little bit. And, after what had just happened, it wasn't a terrible idea to make sure she had someone to watch her back, was it? It would've been nicer to be someone she knew better, was friends with, sure, but then...

...that was kind've where things took a turn. Cause then, if it was someone she knew, she'd be protecting them as much as they her. Cause Becca's thoughts at this moment were pretty damn selfish. It was pretty horrible to view it in this way, but maybe Paulo was, well... useful. They could help each other out though - Becca did have a gun and all, but Paulo was the one who had been able to sling threats around like they were nothing and she'd barely been able to point the Colt straight. If she choked again... wouldn't it be good to have someone around who could lead the charge?

Shit. She didn't know.

Becca glanced at him again. There was certainly a look going on. Tough to say where - maybe it was just cause they were talking but, with that slight stammer... maybe not? One foot ran along the inside of its opposite number's calf as she looked up and grinned, genuinely. "I'm sure you could take me," she replied, which was maybe 60 percent true, after what had happened earlier. "But it's a nice gun. Wish it was easy to aim as shooting a basket."

For a couple seconds, she was sort've tempted to ask if Paulo had heard of her, but the answer was probably no anyhow. Becca sighed. "Wish I could be on the court right now, honestly..."
Outfoxd

Post by Outfoxd »

Yeah, cadela, I'll take you.  I'll take you all day, baby.

So she was a b-baller?  That explained why she was in shape.  One fucking hell of a shape.  Yeah.  He'd play on her court, all day.

Shit, man, weren't they all worried about getting killed or something?  And here he was, thinking about tail.

Then again...Why the fuck not?  Took your mind off things.

"Tell me about it, girl.  Wish I could just be home beating some ass."

He looked at his weapon.

"I don't think the government or whoever'll let this shit ride.  We'll be out of here by morning."
Namira

Post by Namira »

She folded her arms, let out a huff through her nose. Becca wanted to believe that the marines would come storming onto the island to save the day, that this time tomorrow, she could go back to concentrating on the regular things - sports, family, going away to college. Throw in some talking about what had happened, and a bit of ther- a lot of therapy, and things would be back to normal. She really, truly wanted to believe that.

Then Becca thought of what Danya had said during the briefing. They'd made it - the game, watertight, or something approaching it. Obviously it was in their interests not to say 'oh yeah, there are security leaks everywhere, have at', but she sure as hell couldn't shake the feeling that they wouldn't declare the security was upped if they hadn't upped it. Plus, last time around, it hadn't been the army that had found the island, had it? Becca couldn't claim to have followed SOTF closely, but it was an act of terrorism; those made the news. If they hadn't managed to get people out of this place last time, then why would this time be any different?

"I hope so," she responded. And she really did... and she really wished that she didn't have to say she hoped. "Tell you what - how about until then I'll watch your back, if you watch mine?"
Outfoxd

Post by Outfoxd »

Oh yeah, girl, I'll watch the fuck out of that back.

"Yeah.  Sounds like a plan, menina."

He stood up from the bench and stretched his back with a lean.

"You stick with Paulo, and we'll be good.  Ain't nothing I can't handle."

He smiled.  The lie hung in the air like a heavy mist.

Return to “Mansions”