That's Crate!

The storage yard is a maze of old shipping containers of various colors stacked onto each other. The containers are mostly empty now, providing many possible hiding places. They are positioned in a stable fashion, and unlikely to be easily moved, weighing nearly five thousand pounds each.
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

Garrett stayed crouched, staring into Travis's eyes as he babbled a hasty explanation. There was a deluge of evidence in it, but it was surrounded by fillers and distractions. However, there was one central lie that stuck out among the refuse.

"Tyler and Hansel attacked you yesterday, and you tore your bandages then? That's unfortunate. It must have been very painful. I do wonder, though..."

He spoke quietly, but there was a hard edge to his voice. His eyes narrowed in as they searched over Travis's wounded arm.

"With all that time spent hiding and being a remorseful, freshly-minted saint, why didn't you re-bandage your arm? It could get infected, or torn up...in fact, it looks like it has. That blood seems rather fresh for a day-old wound. Did you have another accident, Travis?"

He looked straight in to the cowering boy's eyes. "You're right about one thing: you weren't in the announcements, but then again neither was Tyler, was he? I had a lovely chat with him myself, so I can confirm he's as insane as you make him out to be. Yet his name was suspiciously absent, wasn't it? Why should we believe you're any different?"

He nodded slightly to Jessica and Cammy. "We can't trust him. His story doesn't add up, and he keeps trying to deflect our attention to other people. He's hiding something. Now Travis...I asked you nicely to calm down and explain yourself. I think our companions here would be agreeable to that as well. So here's what's going to happen: You're going to explain why you're here, and what you were running from. I'd suggest you do it without trying anything clever..."

His voice trailed off as he glanced back towards Cammy's crossbow.

"We'd hate for you to have another mishap, after all."
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

((Michelle Weschler continued from The Art of Accepting Each Other )) 

They'd set off and thus far not had much success in finding people. The trio had been passing by the shipping yard when voices floated up above the large metal boxes.

"Is someone there?"

Michelle took off running into the maze of crates. Finally they'd find someone to go along with their plan. It would be okay, they just needed to find others.

She was trying not to jostle her arm around too much, but she couldn't help but sprint. Now it was occurring to her maybe her team mates would have trouble following her. It also occurred to her how often she just started running off places.

It was alright, she wasn't going so fast they couldn't catch up to her. She skidded to a stop when she reached a dead end. The voices were close, she could tell. Whipping her head around a few times, she found the source and ran off in a new direction that ultimately led to a small area with a few people gathered around.

Michelle zeroed in on Jessica and ran towards her.

"JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJESSA"

Michelle took a running leap and jumped on the girl. She collided and grabbed hold of her in a hug.

"Ow ow ow ow ow ow," she said, smiling and crushing her injured arm. She was so happy to see her she'd neglected to notice the rest of the scene, but she was beaming like she was trying to see how far she could stretch her face and emitting some noise halfway between a balloon deflating and a dolphin squeak.
Espi

Post by Espi »

((Gwen O'Connor's story continues from The Art of Accepting Each Other )) 

When Michelle raced off down the shipping container maze thing, Gwen's immediate reaction was mild concern, followed shortly by "oh god stop running everywhere do I look like Usain Bolt?" Which was rapidly becoming a more common emotion to experience than it should be in most people's lives.

Gwen made a valiant effort to keep up with Michelle, but the other girl was significantly faster than Gwen, and by the time she found the group in the maze, Gwen was horribly out of breath.

Panting heavily, Gwen imagined her parents shaking their heads in embarrassment and saying, "We told you to get into shape! You never know when exercise will become important!"

When Gwen arrived, Michelle was hugging a girl. Gwen recognized her vaguely, which became more clear when she comprehended that Michelle had been squealing "Jessa", so it was probably Jessica Murphy. Gwen didn't actually know any of the people there that well, except Travis was a party animal, Garrett was like a monk or something, and Cammy was a runner and she'd always been pleasant when they talked.

It struck Gwen that they should probably explain what they were doing and why. "Uh, sorry, I'm uh, with Michelle here, and we're not violent. We uh, we kind of had a plan sort of thing."
BROseidon†

Post by BROseidon† »

((Virgil Jefferson-Davis continued from The Art of Accepting Each Other))

The walk to the shipping yard felt like it lasted for days. The reality was that the walk wasn't that far, but walking in complete silence made each second drag. They had failed to find any new members for their group, which would have gone a long way towards cutting the tension.

The only reprieve that Virgil had had was when he went off to the bathroom, taking the instructions for his gun with him. He took the opportunity to read up on how the gun worked, how to load it, and how to fire it properly. Virgil hadn't even realized that he was given an automatic shotgun; he didn't even know those existed until he read that he was holding one. He needed to be prepared in case he needed to use the gun, even if that meant risking Michelle would continue to aggress him for it.

Michelle could hear distant voices that Virgil couldn't quite make out. She and Gwen were off, leaving Virgil standing a good distance out from where the voices had originated. Virgil quickly dropped the bag; he wasn't going to have time away from Michelle frequently, and he needed to do something.

Virgil grabbed a clip and shoved it into his back pocket. Maybe he would need it at some point.

Virgil zipped the bag pack up and started running after Michelle and Gwen. He found them, at which point he noticed something he had thought could never possible happen.

"Cammy?"

Why was she pointing that crossbow at Travis.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler BROseidon. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

((Jimmy is away so skip. Next up is Delroy))
Delroy†

Post by Delroy† »

(( I had no idea Jimmy was away. Please excuse me for my slowness ))

Travis glared at Garret as he held his little monologue. While Travis did try to keep his composure, he could not stop the anger which flared over the his sharp features as Garrett started drawing conclusions about him. It appeared as if this Gary-kid was sharper than he looked. Of course it would be he who was the hindrance, the one unknown factor Travis had not counted on. On the other hand, Cammy's violent outburst with the crossbow, and Jessica simply telling him and the others to shut up and showing absolutely zero sympathy for Travis and his bleeding arm... Well, he hadn't accounted for that either.

Man, this island really fucks with peoples heads. I shouldn't make any assumptions from now on...

Duh. What an idiot he was. Of course the island fucked people up. Did he really expect a guy like Theo to start murdering classmates? Everyone reacted differently, and expecting Cammy or any of  the others to act like they did at home was folly.

He already knew this group was a lost cause. Garrett had jumped to conclusions (which, unfortunately, were very close to the truth) and the only way he would've been able to convince Cammy would have been if the others had taken his side. Now Garrett was even threatening him with having him shot with the crossbow. AGAIN.

Not very "zen" of you dude.

And then... more people. Three of them, to be exact.

This did not help the situation, however. It just made it more chaotic.

He laughed. It was a long, drawn out laugh, lacking any sort of joy in it. He looked over at Gwen.

"Well, I'm fucking glad someone here isn't being violent!"

He glared up at Garret again. He wasn't going to get into the group. Might just as well tell them a few well-chosen words before leaving them to die at the hands of someone a lot less friendly than him.

"You know what, dude? Fuck you. I don't like what you're fucking implying, and I don't appreciate being threatened, neither by you nor by Miss Crossbow-bolt over there."

He rose up, slowly. Cracked his neck. Sudden movements might mean his death, so he was very slow and methodical. He tilted his head and looked Garret over. Unlike with Tyler, Travis was actually looking down at this boy.

"What are you going to do if I don't do as you say, hmm? Have Cammy shoot me?"

He let out a slight chuckle.

"Oh, please. Naomi might have had what it took, but..."

He peered over at Cammy, with a mischievous smirk on his lips.

"... Her? Nah, man. Maybe in the heat of battle or some shit, but I don't think she has what to takes to fire that thing at an unarmed, vulnerable person. In cold blood, no less. Not before, not now, not ever."

He smiled at the group. There was no happiness in his smile. It was cold, and full of maliciousness.

"Besides, Cammy... You accuse ME about playing the game? I stole a hedge trimmer and hid in a booth for a day. You and your allies have shot me in the arm with a crossbow, and now you're threatening me with the fact that you might consider finishing the job if I don't do exactly as you say. Talk about a motherfucking hypocrite!"

He looked over at the recent arrivals.

"Take my advice, friends. This lot is not worth your time. They'll just get you killed."

He nonchalantly turned his back on the six others as a sign of complete disrespect and picked up his bag. He dusted off his clothes with a few sweeps of his (not so bloody) hand. He didn't even listen to anything that was said. As he was about to leave, however, he looked back at Garret.

"Tell you what? I'll play nice. Why am I here, you ask? I'm here because the island is currently swarming with crazed psychopaths and violent murderers. I'm here because I thought you people actually looked like a decent enough group of people. I'm here to avoid people like Hansel. People like Tyler. People like Theo. But you know what, dude?"

He laughed mockingly at Garret as he started walking off, flipping him the bird as he did so.

"You're not any fucking better...."

(( Travis Webster continued in An Ironic Choice of Scenery))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Delroy. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

Jessica was knocked off balance by Michelle's sudden hug. "Oh. Hi Michelle," Jessica said with a slight tone of annoyance. The sudden appearance of a friend wasn't enough to remove her disdain for the situation she was in.

Even if Michelle had brought other people.

The whole situation had gotten out of control. Garrett seemed to actually be supporting the idea of shooting Travis, and while Jessica didn't trust Travis, she didn't want to see someone get killed again. It had been bad enough the first time.

But the disaster had been avoided. With angry words, particularly at Garrett, Travis was gone. Jessica couldn't help but have a sigh of relief that violence had been avoided this time. Even if she wasn't trusting Garrett now due to how hopeful he had seemed to be that Travis would get shot.

"Glad that's over."
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

Garrett's eyes never left Travis's as he began Act Three of his little performance. Travis threw out more accusations, more venom, and most of all more of his insufferable victimized attitude. Still, Garrett never blinked. It was always Travis who looked away. He wouldn't give him that satisfaction. What do you want me to feel, Travis? Guilt? Anger? Doubt? 

It didn't matter. In the end, Travis was just as manipulative as the monsters that brought them here. He didn't have time to figure out his subtle motivations, nor was Travis kind enough to provide a pamphlet full of his demands, but the similarities were near enough to form a third category of inhumanity in Garrett's notes. They didn't have the spine to be murderers like Theo, and they didn't have the substance to be evidence like Gabriella. They were simply threats, unique and yet indistinct at the same time, to be dealt with in their own time.

A sigh of relief broke from his lips after Travis departed. Now seemed as good a time as any to clear the air. He spoke quietly, his eyes still locked on Travis's fading figure.

"I apologize for that. I don't enjoy violence, but a long day of being threatened and shot at  has left me in a less than forgiving mood this morning. Please let him leave, and for goodness sake don't shoot him. It was a good bluff, and he took it. Now we don't have to find out if we can follow it up."

He turned to appraise the new arrivals. They seemed friendly enough, though the scene appeared to have understandably confused the distant pair. He recognized Michelle and the other girl in a vague way, but he couldn't recall her name. They didn't appear to be a threat. Michelle did seem injured, though.

"It's pleasant to see more friendly faces. Are you alright, Michelle?"
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

"Oh hi Michelle," Jessica said, sort of ticked. 

Michelle just kept hugging her. She reached up her good hand and tugged on Jessica's cheek.

"Look how much she loves me!" she said in as deep a voice as she could manage, stretching her face.

She noticed the tense mood for the first time. Travis was pretty upset and Cammy wasn't any better. He walked off and Gwen reminded her of what they were here for. Michelle peeled herself off of Jessica.

"Oh, I'm okay, Garrett," she said, visibly embarrassed. "I had an accident. No one hurt me. My humerus just separated from the scapula at the glenohumeral joint," she said pointing to her shoulder.

"Er, I dislocated my shoulder."

She wasn't a big Travis fan so it wasn't terribly sad to see him go, but the cross bow was not a welcomed sight.

"Yeah, what Gwen said." She shifted. It was only 5 people which was starting to hedge on "public speaking" territory. Michelle was terrified of public speaking, aside from addressing the swim team after meets since that was quick and mostly just "Good work, go home." Five was still manageable, but more than ten would be a no-go.

"Um..." she said quietly. She swallowed ,took a deep breath and dug her heels in. "We were um, thinking that uh, well, this murdering each other doesn't make sense. 'Cause it's just what the bad guys want. So if we want to save ourselves the anguish and the pain and to also make it so that we make a statement against them that we all just NOT kill each other and have them blow us up. We'd all die, but we'd d-die knowing we did the right thing. We die as friends. And if some people like, don't like it because they already bought in and to make it so there's no accidents, we have to get rid of the weapons."

She said the last part eyeing the crossbow.
Espi

Post by Espi »

Gwen thought that Michelle did a very nice job explaining their plan, certainly it sounded better than Gwen could've made it...sound. So she stood back, listened to Michelle, and silently double-checked that it was basically everything Gwen had already been told.

Yup, basically. Hearing it again, Gwen was glad it wasn't her explaining it. She'd probably have gone, 'so who wants to mass suicide?'. But she didn't, so it should be all-good.

Gwen smiled awkwardly from behind Michelle. She figured she should probably say something once the other girl was done, but after a moment decided that it probably wouldn't help and chasing away allies would end very poorly.

Then she blurted out, "So yeah, who's with us?"
BROseidon†

Post by BROseidon† »

Virgil was glad to see Cammy, although it seemed that he'd walked in on an intense situation. Travis's parting words were harsh, but Virgil had to zone them out. Michelle's plan would work, and this group would likely join them. Cammy was an incredibly kind person, and seeing her with the crossbow in hand felt wrong. Jessica was also nice, and while Virgil wasn't exactly friends with Garrett, the guy wasn't going around killing anybody.

Michelle said her piece. She said it well, and now it was just a matter of the others deciding whether or not they wanted to join. Virgil relaxed, his shoulders falling and his posture slouching. Of course they would join.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler BROseidon. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
jimmydalad

Post by jimmydalad »

Everything happened so fast that it caused Cammy's mind to reel in confusion. First Jessica was shouting, then Garrett made the correct deduction about not trusting Travis, which was a relief to Cammy. Then other people came, but she didn't really pay any attention to them. Her mind was focused on the boy in front of him, Travis. She had never felt such anger and fury towards a person. A voice quite familiar to her snapped her out of her focus for a moment.

"Virgil..." Cammy whispered. It was her prom date. It was a shock to her, seeing him here. A mere memory of the past that she knew would always be a part of her. She didn't look at him, trying her hardest to focus on Travis and not let the emotions of this bittersweet reunion get to her. He was the enemy. He was not the victim and if Virgil had been here earlier, he would understand.

Then he started attacking her with the things that hurt her most. Words. He boasted that she didn't have what it took. She softly chewed her lip, trying not to let it get to her, but it really did. Was she too kind? That thought was starting to stray into her mind and she didn't want to think it. Yet at the same time, it was something she probably had to think about. Would being kind get her anywhere in this game? So far, it hasn't.

Wait. Did he just say that? The insinuation that she was actually playing the game struck something within her. How dare he accuse her of doing something like that. He just said she wouldn't kill in cold blood. He was the one being the fucking hypocrite. How dare he accuse her of playing the game? It was like a slap to the face and she couldn't hold it in.

"Shut up you asshole!" Cammy shouted, not realizing the words she had said. Her eyes opened wide for a moment, surprise at what had come over her. What was happening to her? Was this really her? Her eyes shifted downwards and she drooped a little, the weapon feeling much heavier in her hands than before. She watched Travis leave, not really sure what to do.

She stood quietly, watching the others talk. The others had a plan. She listened and inside, a part of her died. Was that really what it was coming to? While a part of her thought that the idea sounded quaint, it didn't sit well with her. There had to be a better way than just rolling over and dying. She wanted there to be a way of escape.

"So you want us to commit group suicide?" Cammy point-blankly asked the newcomers. She took a few steps away, her mind trying to comprehend what they were saying before she turned to face the group.  

"I'm sorry. I just can't do that. Just sitting by and letting ourselves get killed just so we could stay friends? That isn't going to happen. Not when there are people like Travis and Theo wandering around the island. I don't know how much you've seen, but I've seen some pretty messed up stuff on the island. I've seen classmates steal weapons from others, friends changing to the point where I don't recognize them. I saw Gabriella's dead body and you think I want to just curl up and die and forget about all of this?" Cammy yelled, her voice becoming more flustered and louder as time went by. She was visibly shaking and started to clutch her weapon close to her.

"You want us to discard our weapons, even knowing that people have already killed? I'm not going to discard my only means of defense. You can call me crazy, heck, maybe I already am. That doesn't matter to me. I just can't accept suicide. You know me. I never give up. Ever."

Cammy tried to hide her tears as she turned away from the others. Things were not going her way it seems. Maybe this was something she had to accept. The harsh inevitability that she was going to have to be alone.

((Cammy Davidson continued in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader))
[+] Version 7
Relationship Thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=36632799/1/

Lukas Nielson - "Yes, Tina Dominica is my mom. No, my life isn't as interesting as you think it is." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o -> o -> o
Memories: o

Millicent "Milly" Rosenberg - "As much as I hate them, at least they make my life interesting." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o

Christine Summers - "Hey, let's just chill and enjoy each other, ok?" - Profile

Pregame: o
[+] Artsy Stuff by Other People
[+] Aria Samuels by Un-Persona
Here
[+] Lukas Nielson by Mimi
Here
[+] Lukas Nielson by Kotorikun
Here
[+] Milly Rosenberg by Mimi
Here
[+] Cursed Milly Rosenberg by Mimi
Here
[+] Gremlin Christine by Kotori
Here
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

Jessica was sad that Cammy left. She didn't like Michelle's plan either, but they were friends, and friends weren't supposed to just abandon each other like that. It was just another reminder that they weren't back in Seattle anymore.

Jessica knew her mouth was still hanging open at Michelle's idea. In normal circumstances she'd have been more concerned about Michelle's shoulder, but normal circumstances didn't have a possibility of group suicide.

Jessica didn't think that the killing would stop either, but that wasn't the point.

"But Michelle, don't you want to live?" Jessica thought it was an obvious question, but it was a good place to start. Jessica didn't want to die, and after only a day here she wanted to believe that no one had given up on that yet.

Well almost no one, the announcements had told her about Dave.

But he had to be the exception rather than the rule, right?
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

"I'm out."

He didn't want to be. With all his heart Garrett wanted to believe they could just put their weapons down and spend their last few hours together as friends. Even if they died, it was better to be remembered as martyrs than as killers and victims. That was only a desirable fantasy, though. Nothing more.

"I appreciate the sentiment. Your plan will never work though. Would you like to know why?" He spread his arms and turned slowly. "Because we're not in control. Someone plucked us out of the air, made us vanish without a trace, and brought us here to kill. Not to die, but to butcher each other while the world watches. If they just wanted to murder a hundred teenagers, they could have pulled the trigger hours ago and saved a lot of money while they're at it. That's not how it works, though."

He idly tapped the heavily-edited copy of Mr. Danya's Survival Guide in his pocket. Everything they needed to know was in it. It wasn't written in plain English, but between the lines you could grab every detail about this game you needed to survive. You just had to open your eyes. Maybe he could help with that.

"The man in charge says it himself in his sick little book. 'Ending early costs me ratings, and lost ratings cost me money.' That's his tell. The tell for the whole organization. This thing costs money, and they need enough to do it again. If they kill us all now, that isn't happening. That doesn't mean parts of your plan aren't a good idea, but dying together as guiltless friends? That's never going to happen. They won't let it. So keep your weapons, and keep safe. Survive as long as you can, and don't hurt anyone unless you have to. If someone comes after you though, protect yourself and protect the people you care about. Shoot first and never think about them again unless you make it out of here."

The reality of his declaration left him feeling very weak. It reminded him of just how little he had to work with here. "That's what I would try to do, if I had even the slightest ability to protect people. But all I've got is a yo-yo and a smart mouth, so what the fuck do I really know?"
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

Negotiations were quickly breaking down. Cammy ran off and Michelle felt like she had to chase after her, but thought perhaps her companions were tired of her running off and them having to catch her. It'd happened at least three times since they'd met. She just stood there, big eyes shining. 

"C-cammy..."

Jessica was also not sold and Garrett was sold even less. Michelle twirled a bit of hair in her good hand, looking lost for a moment. It made sense to her? Was she not doing this right, maybe? She looked at Jessica and Garret. No. She was going to do this. She was sure this was the right thing and she wasn't going to let them down.

Michelle straightened up and decided to give it another go. She was going to get this right and she wasn't going to let them go off and make a mistake. She had to do right by them.

"This isn't asking you to do anything different. You aren't going to kill anyone. I'm only asking you to keep to that and encourage others not to either. I don't want to die. Obviously I'd rather be in Disneyland stuffing my face with delicious funnel cake, but I'd rather die together with a clear conscious than get to the top by climbing on a mountain of my dead friends. You can take the power away from them. They don't want to have to explode all of us. It shows more strength to defy them by not resorting to violence. Violence is the last resort of desperate people and we can show them that by refusing we're stronger than they will ever be. We're not desperate. Together we're strong. They want to tear us apart by promising a prize to just one person and banking on the fact that we'll turn on each other for it out of selfishness."

Michelle took hold of Jessica's hand.

"Please don't kill anyone. Please tell others that we can end this on our terms and encourage the same from them. I-I know there are people who've bought in, but even if there are four of us left who choose to die together rather than give them a bloody poster boy or girl, we will have won. Please."

Return to “Storage Yard”