Skies of Gray

Open

The library is not as large as it perhaps could be, and is certainly not one of the school's more comfortable rooms. Located on the second floor, the library is lit by fluorescent lights, and is almost always somewhat messy and disorganized. The staff here is insufficient to keep up with the use the room receives, and thus student volunteers are relied upon fairly heavily. Most of the academic books are fairly new, but the selection of novels is rather sparse.
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

(Ryan Caloin start)

Ryan drummed his fingers against the table, frowning at his inbox.  There was no response--hadn't been for days.  He didn't know why he was surprised anymore--there was never any response.

He sighed and leaned back on his chair's back two legs, staring up at the high roof of the library.  One book sent out to six different publishers, with no replies; four short stories sent out to twelve different places.  Rejection he could handle--he was asking someone to spend money on the assumption that his stuff was worth reading, which was sort of insane in its own right--but not this endless silence.  Not a single word, yes or no.  Not a single explanation as to why.  

He clicked his teeth together and absently readjusted the glasses on his face.  
Those Whose Time Has Come]

Terra Johnson (female student no. 73, DECEASED): Oh...duh...Abel's...dead...the one who...lives is...

Tom Swift (male student no. 60): It didn't matter what he wanted anymore.

Daria Bhatia (female student no. 56): "I pity you, and everyone who knows you. Because if you can live with this, I don't...I don't think you're human anymore.”

[+] Those Who Have Gone Before
[/url]

V6

Alex Tarquin (male student no. 32: "No more...masks..."

Tara Behzad (female student no. 12): "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

V5

Tyler Lucas: "I had fun. You?"

Karen Idel: Game over.

Xavier Contel: "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."

v4

Naoko Raidon (male student no. 54): Dying like...this isn't...so...bad...

Mirabelle Nesa: "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

Simon Grey: "I never was a hero, but, God help me, I tried."

David Meramac: "Running towards nothing. Running from nothing."
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

((Well... I hate to cut in line, so to speak, but it's been quite a while now.))

Somehow, the fact that neither boy knew who the girl was made Misa feel a bit better.  Then again, they had admitted to not being able to see her clearly, either.  If they'd actually caught a glimpse of her, they might have known her off the bat.  Although somehow, Misa really doubted it.

She sighed inaudibly and went back to leaning against the table she'd been sitting at before Gray had shown up.  A quick glance at the clock showed that the period would be ending soon, and that meant her free time would be up.

And she still hadn't finished that college application.

She considered throwing it in the garbage can for a few moments, half-heartedly at first.  But, within minutes, she started to question whether that might actually be the best course of action.  It was for a school she had no interest in getting into.  Then again, she had no real idea what she was interested in outside of high school.  She had had medical professions shoved on her so hard that she hadn't had much chance to decide for herself.

The temporary silence between the three made her uncomfortable, and she shifted position slightly.  The lack of noise in the library made the drumming of fingers against a nearby table very audible, and Misa found herself casting a curious glance in the direction of the noise.

She couldn't see student behind the computer very well from where she was leaning.

"So..." she mused, breaking the silence, "What're you doing hanging out in the library anyway, Tito?  You said you weren't here doing the newspaper thing, right?"

It seemed like a fair question.  The library wasn't exactly a happening place, and there was rarely anything exciting going on in it.  That's why she had come here to fill out applications in the first place.  Then again, it had proven more eventful today than perhaps other places on campus would have been.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
teamsleep†

Post by teamsleep† »

"What're you doing hanging out in the library anyway, Tito? You said you weren't here doing the newspaper thing, right?"

It was a pretty valid question. Among the halls of an admittedly unassuming school, the library had never been a prime spot for interaction. Outside of academic work and searches for information on school computers, the place was usually a minuscule ghost town. For a fleeting moment, Tito thought of Mrs. Garvey as some female western film character, patrolling the unrewarding and lonely wards of her domain. The fleeting moment after that, Tito decided that was pretty stupid imagery.

"I've actually got free for my first period today," he began. "You're right, I don't have much for the school paper right now, but I've been kind of just... Roaming around. There's never really been much to do." This in itself was a half-truth. Tito had been drifting from room to room for much of the month during his school hours. It hadn't really contained much rhyme or reason to it- hang around and hope he'd find a friend also loitering about- but subconsciously, maybe he was even beginning to miss the school preemptively. It had been his last year, and while del Sol had never exactly had a favorable opinion of school (few did), he would probably miss it.

It wasn't that he was afraid of college or something like that- it'd be fine and dandy if he could get away from home, but he felt like he would inevitably step into foreign territory. Even at Aurora he had a solid circle of friends. At a place like Washington, Washington State, Oregon or whatever or wherever- he was just a guy. A very short one at that.

It's tough to unroot.

"I think... Eh, I think we'll probably end up seeing a lot of people we aren't really familiar with this year, with all the stuff that's happening. I'd bet that you'd end up seeing that girl from earlier again sooner or later." With that, Tito shrugged, glancing at his wrist-watch for the time. "What classes do you guys have next?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler teamsleep. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

"You're right, I don't have much for the school paper right now, but I've been kind of just... Roaming around. There's never really been much to do."

Gray knew that feeling; he had been doing the exact same thing before he had entered the library as a last resort. Although with the open campus policy Gray was always able to find something to do. Just go out and find a place that looked like it had potential and then see what tricks he could do. It was simple really but at the same time he could see Tito's point there wasn't much to do at the school itself unless you were hanging out with friends.

It was funny actually, but Gray had rarely had the problem of not having anyone to hang out with. Mainly due to the fact that he grew up in the same area and went to the same elementary school as many of his friends. They had all grown close to each other over that time and while they may not always hang out together at the school itself they would always try and meet up outside of it. He was lucky that way.

"I think... Eh, I think we'll probably end up seeing a lot of people we aren't really familiar with this year, with all the stuff that's happening. I'd bet that you'd end up seeing that girl from earlier again sooner or later."

"Well we met each other didn't we Tito."

It was a simple statement but it reinforced Tito's point. They were probably going to meet new people but that tended to be how the last year of school worked. You would then move on to collage or wherever Gray was going and meet new people there. It was the way of the world. Gray had decided along time ago that he wasn't going to fight it.

Tito looked at his wrist-watch.

"What classes do you guys have next?"

"Something. I'll have to find my timetable in my bag. Also Misa I've been meaning to ask, what were you writing when I came in?"

It had been at the back of Gray's mind ever since Tito had interrupted them and he had honestly wanted to know. Plus at least he was showing an interest, which in itself was something.
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
Roberta “Robbie” Woodvine
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
teamsleep†

Post by teamsleep† »

[[Tito del Sol continued elsewhere, I guess.]]
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler teamsleep. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

((Yeah, I'm... not really sure.  We'd had other people join the thread, so I wanted to give them a chance to post, but, uh... it's been quite a while now.))

"Just another college application," Misa responded with a quiet sigh, "Dad's pushing them pretty hard lately."

She sort of dismissed it, not really wanting to discuss the particulars about which one, where else she had applied, and all the rest.  It was starting to seem like a large ball and chain to her.  Something she felt tied down to, forced to doing.  It wasn't that she didn't want to go to school.  She just wanted to do what she wanted to do, not what her father was going to dictate for her.  That was, by far, the most unappealing thing about the entire situation.

Tito asked about classes, and Misa's eyes moved toward the clock on the wall.  The bell rang immediately after Gray answered him, and she shrugged in response.

"English," she responded quietly, scurrying to collect her remaining belongings, "With Mr. Collins."

Slinging her bag over one shoulder, she turned to give both boys a smile before heading toward the library's door.

"Good to see you both, though.  Take care."

[[Misa Achtland continued elsewhere.]]
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

"Just another college application. Dad's pushing them pretty hard lately."

College...everyone seemed to be going to college. Gray wasn't even sure if he wanted to go, which considering it was getting ever closer to the time when applications had to be sent in wasn't exactly recommended. But then again Gray was more into board based sports anyway and they didn't teach anything to do with them at college. Of course Gray was aware that he was missing the point of why people went to college but if his passion was skating going to college wouldn't really help with that one.

Isn't it your decision though?

Gray hadn't actually asked the question because he realised the harm a simple question like that could do. But he had thought it. He'd have regretted saying it if he had done though. It would have sounded like he was getting involved in her business which wouldn't have been his intention, and he could see from the way Misa hadn't added anything onto the statement that she didn't want to go into it either.

Misa said she had English. That meant that he had...he had...he had no idea. That meant that he'd still have to look for his timetable in his bag, maybe memorising it wasn't such a bad idea. Or he could keep a copy on his desk at home so he could check before he left for school.

"Good to see you too Misa, and don't worry about college. As long as you're happy it's all good."

Just had to say something didn't I?

Gray quickly realised that Mrs Garvey once again had her watchful gaze directly over him. He made a quick wave gesture at her before grabbing his bag.

"Later Tito., enjoy the rest of your day."

He said through his grin before walking out the door, taking his skateboard out of his bag as he did so. He could tell it was going to be a fun day.

[[Gray Emerson continued in Whatever.]]
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
Roberta “Robbie” Woodvine
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD

Return to “Library”