These Dusty Shelves

Open! Come one, come all!

Even though its located on the water, The Waterfront definitely has a ‘locals only’ vibe to it. Mostly second and third generation businesses, the stores that line the area are eclectic staples of the community. The largest stores on the block are Karis Vintage Clothier; One Man’s Trash Thrift Store; Elysium Comic, Card, and Gaming Supply; Something Borrowed Used Books; and a Starbucks coffee house.
Outfoxd

Post by Outfoxd »

Katy pulled out her cell phone and took a look.  It was about time to head out for class.  She brushed back her hair with her other hand, replacing the phone as she did so.  She took hold of the book, looked at the cover, found that it was, indeed, interesting.

"No time for that.  I'll take it."

Katy reached into her purse (a cherished possession, a gaudy Hello Kitty purse she bought from a Sanrio store in Tokyo), opened her wallet, and pulled out the money on the price tag.  She left it on the counter, not even giving the kid a chance to pop the register.  She turned on her heels and headed out.  Before she left, she gave him one parting shot:

"I'll probably be back in a few days."

And then she was out the door.

((I just wanted to roll Katy out, if you don't mind.  If yes, I can do edit.))

((Katy Warren continued in You hit like a girl))

Return to “The Waterfront”