Just a Chance to Hang Out

(One Shot)

The area that feeds into Aurora High is representative of the ethnic and economic diversity that makes Seattle so unique. The architecture is varied, illustrating the growth and expansion that the city has undergone. Turning a corner can lead you from townhouses and apartments to quiet tree-lined streets of modest single-family homes, while the next turn might lead you to areas of much higher or lower property values. The unifying sight in the area is the herds of students who trudge to and from the school daily.
Un67†

Just a Chance to Hang Out

Post by Un67† »

((Pregame Start: Weijia Zhang))

Weijia woke up with a tired yawn as his alarm clock went off, and he sighed grumpily as he walked over to the clock to turn it off. He then got dressed, fixed himself a quick breakfast of milk and cereal, brushed his teeth, and finally rinsed his face - his normal routine for the morning. He then went outside, and then after taking a few steps outside of his townhouse he realized that the day was Saturday and he had completely forgotten to turn off his alarm clock the night before so he could get a little more sleep... not really how he liked to begin his weekend.

Still, it wasn't as if it had a huge impact on his day. A couple of lost minutes of sleep wasn't much, it happened all the time. He then took a look at the parking lot in front of him, and was briefly puzzled before he then remembered that both of his parents had left to attend (separate) conventions. In the case of his mother, it was a diabetes research convention, and in the case of his father, it was a telecommunications industry convention. He'd have the whole house to himself for one day (his father would return tomorrow, and his mother the day after), and he smiled. Obviously, he wasn't going to do anything crazy, as he had a strong sense of self control, but he always liked it when the house was clear. It was usually a good chance to call a few of his friends over - sometimes just one or two - and play a few games and just relax. Nothing special really, just a chance to hang out without any unwanted interruptions.

He then took his cell phone, and scrolled through his contacts. A fair amount of his friends were pretty busy on Saturdays, but he knew some had a decent amount of free time on Saturdays. He tried to call them up, but none of them seemed to be there and he decided not to leave messages because he was really calling on short notice. Eventually he worked his way down to the bottom of his contacts list and ended up at Chris MacLoed. Though he was disappointed at the fact that no one seemed to be able to come, he called Chris anyways, hoping that at the very least he would come. He was a fairly good and close friend, anyways, and having lots of people over isn't really important for having a good time.

Then, he hit the call key and waited until he heard someone on the line. Once he did, he then said, "Hey, uh, Chris, is it you? It's me, Weijia. My parents are out of the house right now, on conventions, and I'm wondering if you'd like to come over to my house and hang out today - you know, the usual, just some video games and time to unwind. I think it'll just be you and me, no one else seems to be able to come."

He waited for a brief moment and then it seemed as if Chris wasn't there either. With that he turned off his phone with a sigh, and instead to just catch up on sleep right where he was on the sofa.
((Weijia Zhang continued elsewhere))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Un67. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “The Neighborhood”