Aaaaaand he's gone

Open, in case it needed to be specified.

The most easily recognizable of the three buildings that make up the housing block and also the only pre-existing building. The hunting cabin is just that, a hunting cabin that has been converted to act as accommodation to the staff of the asylum. Originally built a decade after the original house was to give the owners a place to stay on hunting trips to save on travel back and forth because of this much of the decor is very old-fashioned. Three of the four rooms on the top floor were already bedrooms and one room on the ground floor was converted to give a total of four. Aside from that the wooden construction of the cabin has held up very well and the interior design is still intact. A large open plan living room and kitchen contains a large fire place and a tiger skin rug on the floor, in the middle of the room is a wide staircase that leads up to the second floor which itself overlooks the living area. Despite being a hunting cabin there's a lack of trophies on the wall, this is most likely due to the island being unable to sustain a population of big game.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Nadia watched quietly as Brendan and Jerry spoke. She then sat back down on her place on the couch, with Jerry sitting on the other couch. Brendan wanted better weapons, and Jerry was keen on keeping his knife. Nadia would have thought that Jerry would have considered that maybe he'd want to trade after falling on his knife, but it probably would be suicidal to toss away any decent weapon at this point. Nadia could consider tossing one of her walkie talkies if the situation called for it, such as at someone's head, but that wasn't likely to help.

"Yeah, I'd like a better weapon too," Nadia said. "But I don't think we'll stumble upon anything like a machine gun here. If anything, they probably want us to get creative with weaponry."

Nadia looked around the cabin. There were probably plenty of things to make weapons of if they thought creatively. A table leg or a broom handle could be made a weapon, especially if they had extra nails or glass added to them. She put her hand to her chin.

"I mean, I don't know if anyone would mind if we took this place apart. But you can look upstairs if you want," Nadia told Brendan.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Brendan listened patiently as Nadia and Jerry were talking to him. He already had a feeling that there would be no guns in the cabin. Brendan wouldn't want to touch a gun. He was terrified at the thought of having to use a gun on someone else. He didn't want to resort to killing anyone. He didn't want to be seen as a killer. A murderer. The best thing that he could do is try to keep things together. Be a good person. A good human being.

"....I'll see if I can find something useful up there. I'll see if I can find something for you as well, Nadia...." Brendan spoke as he moved over to his bag and he placed the can down beside it. Then he paused. Could he trust them not to steal anything from his bag? Should he risk it and see if they are decent enough as possible allies? "U-Uh, well, I'll be going upstairs now. I'll try to be careful and not injury myself."

Brendan hesitated for a few seconds. Then he decided to just leave his bag behind and he headed towards the stairs. Being as cautious as he could as he went up to search around.
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Brendan to Nadia. Nadia to Brendan. Damn it, were they ignoring him AGAIN?

It occurred to Jerry that, maybe, it was because he wasn't doing anything at the moment. That thought was immediately expunged and replaced with the reaffirmation that 'yes, they are ignoring me', and leaned forward on the cushion. Go ahead, Brendan, you go ahead and look upstairs for whatever you're going to find. Unless you want to jar up that bottle of puke and throw it at somebody... Jerry shivered at the thought. If the vomit weren't dry, and if vomit weren't the grossest goddamn body fluid in the world and he was never EEEEEEEEEVER getting near it as long as he lived (just one of many services SotF aimed to provide, he supposed), that actually would have made a pretty good weapon. Like that jar of piss from that one game with the Australian dude, only vomit.

The way things were, Jerry understood that there was little left for him in this cabin. Ben clearly had gone and fucked off somewhere, with no telling whether or not he was even alive. It wasn't even high noon on the first day though, so maybe Ben deserved more credit. Shit, odds were that not a single one of his classmates had managed to die barring explicit cases of suicide. The corner of his mouth dropped as he mulled over the possibility.

On the darker take of things, that was one person that he didn't need to potentially kill.

Oh. Right. They were supposed to be killing each other. Yeeeeeeeeeesh.

And, uh, Nadia is right there. Without a weapon. Talk about awkward.

Jerry twiddled his thumbs while entertaining the thought of casually murdering his classmate with a knife.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

"Okay, good luck," Nadia said, turning away from Brendan.

She let out a sigh and turned back to Jerry, who was sitting there twiddling his thumbs. Nadia cleared her throat.

"Well, what do you think?" she asked. "Anything here look like it might be good for defense?"

Nadia shifted in her seat a bit.

"I mean, nothing here's gonna be too great, but at the very least, I'd feel better swinging a table leg around than putting one of these walkie talkies in my sock and whacking people with it."
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Brendan was relieved when he made it up the upstairs without falling down them like Jerry did. He made sure to be careful not to step in the puddle of sick and he moved around it. It actually made him feel a bit ill himself. Then he thought that pile made it clear that someone had been here before them. So they must have been long gone now. Brendan didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing. Maybe a good thing. He didn't really want to think about it too much. All he wanted to do is at least find weapons for himself and Nadia. He wanted the both of them to be safer with better protection. Jerry was fine with his own weapon anyway. So Brendan didn't have to worry about him too much. Although, Nadia was unarmed and Jerry was armed. What if....

Jerry is going to kill her, Brendan. You know that he will and then you will be next-

Brendan shook his head and he frowned in dismay. He couldn't get this paranoid. Otherwise, he would suspect everyone of being would-be killers. That wouldn't be fair. He knew it wouldn't be. He can't be too untrusting. But he can't be too trusting either. He knew that. He could give others the benefit of the doubt. But then he couldn't really make any of the others trust him.

Brendan did a once-over over everything in the rooms. He was feeling frustrated as he found nothing of use. Then he looked at the window. Glass. Glass would be a very helpful weapon to defend himself with. Would Nadia go for it too? He glanced around the bedroom and he felt lucky when he saw a chair. It looked dusty and rotting. But it was better than nothing. He picked up the chair and he took a deep breath. Before swinging it towards the window.
[+] V7
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

"Then you just go ahead and break off a table leg!" Jerry insisted, the first couple words shaky in their intonation after having been pulled from his little daydream. "Or d'ya think I should do it instead?" Made enough sense to him that he'd be better at snapping off a table leg, but it also made sense to have a strategic mind about things. Right now, Brendan and Nadia were competition. They were his competitors in a little death game, and all three of them weren't able to make it out of this thing alive.

Maybe he didn't necessarily have to kill either of them. Hell, maybe he didn't have to kill anybody! Couldn't he just play it cool and stay on the fringes? No, the terrorists had thought of that, didn't they, what with the 'danger zones' and stuff... he couldn't think of those two words following one another without immediately going to the scene in that old Top Gun movie. So maybe, then, this was a game all about alliances. He could just be the brave peacekeeper like he and Ben were gearing up to be, and maybe at the end, the last few remaining kids would... who the fuck knows, die of dysentery or some fucking thing?

No... shit, those guys had thought of that, too. The words of Mr. Greybeard or whatever ran through Jerry's head.

The winner had to kill at least one person.

He had to kill at least one person.

If he wanted to win, he had to kill. ... ... But maybe not right now. Maybe later. Right?

Jerry went to stand up off the couch... and ended up jumping clear off the cushion when the sound of shattering glass sounded from upstairs. "Oh hell! S-Somebody really was up there!" He stammered, blurting out the first thing that came to mind. His hand fished the knife back out of his pocket and he stood around the bottom of the stairs, hand trembling.

[ol]
[li]Don't fear. Fear is the killer. The quake killer. The... ugh! How did that line go!?[/li]
[/ol]
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Nadia raised an eyebrow at Jerry's snapping. What was his beef? Wait, she knew the answer to that. Everything came back to the terrorists and the awful predicament they were all in. There wasn't anything deeper to Jerry's issues that could be linked to something cliched like mommy issues or a small dick. Either way, Nadia wasn't going to feed the beast.

"No, I'm sure I can do it," she said.

Nadia slowly got up and began to walk away from the couch. Brendan was still looking around upstairs, so she could look in one of the rooms downstairs. She was about to leave the room when she heard the sound of glass being smashed. Jerry reacted predictably, and was now at the bottom of the stairs, knife in hand. Nadia backed herself against the nearest wall, clutching her walkie talkie.

Her eyes began to dart around the room. If shit was really about to go down, the best thing for Nadia to do would be to bolt. She could get to the back door and out if there really was somewhere upstairs. But then again, this could be like back at the asylum when she had to deal with that other bitch.

Either way, Nadia was prepared to bolt if need be.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Brendan watched as the window shatter after the chair connected with it and glass was falling everywhere. Some of it went out of the window. Possibly landing on the ground, a bush, anything that he could think of. Some of the glass was on the window. Most of them were smaller shards of glass. While the bigger shards were on the floor in the bedroom with him. Brendan thought that it was better to get the ones that were huge compared to the tiny ones. One for him. One for Nadia. It would be perfect!

Suddenly he realized that Jerry and Nadia would have heard the noise that he had made up here. He wondered if they were panicking right now. Thinking that there was someone else up there with him. He would have to put their minds at ease after he was done in this room. He should have called out to them before about what he was about to do. But it was too late now. And he will have to deal with it soon.

Brendan focused back onto what he was doing before his thoughts of the other two. He placed the chair back down. Then he crouched down and he stared at the shards for a while. Should he check how sharp they were? Just prick his finger and see if he bled a little or not. That was definitely a dark thought. But he didn't want these to be useless for him and Nadia.

Brendan sighed in frustration. He needed to stop having doubts about things. He just needed to take a risk. It was for survival as much as he didn't want to admit it to himself. He reached out to one of the long shard and he touched the end with his left index finger.

"...O-Ow...."

Brendan stared at the red dot of blood on his finger and he nodded his head. As if to confirm that that piece of glass was good enough for him. He put that piece into his hoodie's pocket and he search for another one. He wanted to check if Nadia would take it. He got back up as he got another piece of glass and he held it as carefully as he could in his right hand. He didn't want to actually cut himself. Jerry and Nadia would think that he was a complete imbecile if he did so.

He stepped out of the bedroom and he headed towards the stairs. He could see that Jerry was standing there, looking all paranoid with his knife out once again. "Uh.... S-Sorry, guys. That was just me. I broke a window as I thought that the glass would be a good weapon to use for self-defence. I should have warned you before I did it. Ha...." Brendan let out a small awkward laugh as he headed down the stairs and he felt really embarrassed for his behaviour. "....This shard that I am holding is for Nadia, Jerry. I-If she wants it...."

Brendan made his way pass Jerry and he placed the shard onto the couch for Nadia. He decided that he was going to leave as he was done with the place and he had a pretty useful weapon for the time being. He wondered whether or not, the other two would go with him. He stepped over to where his bag was and he put the can that was laying next to it inside of it. He got out the map to have a look at it and he knew where he would head next. He put the map back into his bag. Then he zipped it back up and he turned back to look at where the other two were standing.

"I'm going to leave now as I am finished here and I really want to see if I can find any of my friends...." He said to them as he moved slowly towards the front door and he give them both a small smile. "Uh..... You two can decide if you would like to come with me or not. It's really your own choice. Anyway, if you don't want to. Then this is goodbye for now, guys. So, u-um.... bye...."

Then he headed out of the cabin to get to his next location.

((Brendan Harte continued Just Three People In A Messed Up Place))
[+] V7
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Jerry just stood there. Gosh, he must have been standing there for... what, a solid minute and a half, just holding his switchblade. His wrist seemed locked out of shock from hearing the shattered glass, watching Brendan walk down right past him, hand a shard to Nadia (but not him, selfish asshole... then again, Jerry remembered, he had a knife), then book it out of the hunting lodge.

"Done with this place?" Jerry asked quizzically. "He went upstairs, shattered a window, then vamoosed. Like... what the fuck?"

Jerry stared at Nadia, knife still held up as it was when he first went to the stairs.

"Did ANY of that make any sense to you?"
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Nadia remained in place as Brendan reappeared. She kept her back to the wall and her grip on the walkie talkie. Brendan awkwardly explained that he broke a window and left glass for Nadia. He then sauntered to the couch to leave it there instead of walking over to her or asking if she wanted it before leaving the cabin. Nadia raised one eyebrow at the entire display, and Jerry even had to ask her if she understood any of that.

"Not really," Nadia said, shaking her head. "I mean, I get what he was doing, but I don't know why he left before seeing if I even wanted it."

Nadia walked over to the couch and picked up the shard of glass. It looked sharp enough to end someone's life, but it also seemed too impractical. Nadia was sure she could cut her hand on it, or break it the first time she tried to stab someone with it. She merely held the shard in her hands and looked at Jerry.

"Honestly, I appreciate the sentiment, but I'm probably not going to use this. I'd like my hands to not become bloody and useless the minute I try to defend myself with this."
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

"Yeah, no... yeah. No. Yeah. Probably best that you just put it down," Jerry verbally stumbled.

He look a quick look around the cabin. His eyes flickered from door to stairs to Nadia to... far area that had the back door somewhere around there. Flick flick flick. They returned to looking at her.

"Guess it's, ah, just tw- just the two of of us," he said, lowering the knife but keeping it open. "Any ideas? It might be dangerous to travel alone. You know our classmates; there's bound to be a few wackos running around with their pants on their heads stealing food and claiming they're gonna skin us alive and fuck our corpses." Jerry shrugged. "Not that they'd actually do it. Just, you know. Crazy. Somebody's bound to lose their shit on the first day, right?"
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

"Yeah, I'm going to do that," Nadia said, setting the glass shard back on the arm of the couch.

She rubbed her hands together, still feeling the edge of the glass on her hands. Jerry then asked what she wanted to do. Nadia had to pause and think. Traveling together would be smart, since Jerry at least had a lethal weapon. However, she had already seen how he acted under stress, even when it was merely about who was smashing windows.

"Yeah, it's likely someone has already snapped. I mean, someone's going to get too stressed or too wrapped up in the idea of being killed that they've likely offed someone already," she said.

Nadia looked around.

"I think right now, I'd like to at least find something to use in the cabin. Then we can decide what to do next."
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

"Already snapped, huh?"

The possibility seemed a little rough to consider. If anybody had already gone off the deep end and started killing, then they were already some sort of pre-established serial killer. Always fun to know that some of his classmates were just budding little Mike Myers and Jason Vorhees...es. Vorheeseseseses. Man, that word sounded so weird to make plural, even in his head.

Shit, even he had considered going all stab-happy New Jack on Nadia's ass. One person down, perfect chance to strike. Jerry looked at his knife and imagined all the blood and gore. Despite his best efforts to picture it, he couldn't make it seem more violent or reprehensible than your average horror movie.

So why hadn't he already stabbed her? It'd be so easy. She didn't particularly look strong, the fact she wasn't armed was almost advertised on her forehead for how often it had been mentioned here in the cabin. Was it a bad strategic move? Or maybe, just maybe, Jerry Fury had to acknowledge he was being a bit of a pussy.

Nah, can't be that one. We'll figure it out later.

Jerry closed the knife. "Well, grab a hold of something and let's vamoose. I don't think we're getting anything useful. So you wanna be Table Leg Samurai? Be my guest. I'll meet you outside.

((Our Lord and Savior Jeremiah Fury continued elsewhere))
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Jerry finally put the knife away, then made his way outside. Nadia had to raise an eyebrow at his "Table Leg Samurai," which she immediately pondered was supposed to be a racial thing. She decided not to worry about racial insensitivity for the moment, especially since she was still aware Jerry had a knife. He was right that they weren't going to find anything useful here, so she might as well do what she planned.

Nadia quickly walked around the cabin until she found the first wooden chair she could. It looked fairly worn with age, so smashing it wouldn't be that difficult. She picked the chair up and hurled it against a wall. The chair broke into a few pieces, but not perfectly where she could just grab a leg off the floor. She had to walk over and began stomping on the remains of the chair, until she finally wretched free a leg.

Nadia was about to leave when she looked at the remains of the chair. If the chair was old enough that a weakling like her could smash it with a few tosses and stomps, then it was likely the leg wouldn't hold out. An idea came to her, and she wretched free another leg. This way, she figured, it the first leg broke apart on the first whack, she'd have a backup. It'd have to do for now, so she placed the second leg in her bag and zipped it shut, keeping the first one in hand.

Now there came the next issue: allying with Jerry or not. On one hand, he had a knife and seemed prepared to use it. On the other, he was not planning on using it on her at the moment. He seemed willing to ally with her, meaning she must have somehow made the right choices so far. Nadia thought for a moment, then made a decision.

Nadia opened the door and found Jerry outside.

"Let's go," she said.

At the very least, if she was on Jerry's side, he wouldn't use it against her. If anything, she might be able to convince him to use it on other people, if the time came for it. But that all depended on how everyone else acted here.

((Nadia Riva continued elsewhere))

Return to “The Hunting Cabin”