A Moth of Peace

Accessible from the asylum grounds through a door with a rusted lock, the bell tower was a pre-existing structure before the asylum was founded. Initially ignored as the staff had no real use for it, after a patient threw himself off of it, the bell tower was sealed with a heavy metal padlock. Despite this, it was still rung at certain times throughout the year, meaning the bell was still in good condition when the asylum was abandoned. Despite the lack of maintenance since, the bell and tower are still generally intact, although a few of the stairs may be slightly rotten. The padlock, however, rusted and appears to have been broken to allow access to the top of the tower. The top of the tower itself provides a nearly three hundred and sixty degree view over most of the island, although the safety rail doesn't appear capable of standing up to much force anymore.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

"Oh! Oh, um..."

Apparently, just like that, they were leaving. It was the logical thing to do, she supposed, if they wanted to find other people. The chances of everyone they were trying to see again stumbling upon their hiding spot in the tower were practically non-existent. They really couldn't afford to stay up here for too long, even if their plan had been 'hide from the world and hope that everything blows over.' The bell tower was several flights high, and Bryony didn't want to test how fast she could descend them when she was racing against the danger zone timer.

Yet despite that, she didn't want to leave the tower. Not just yet. She had felt something over the past few hours, something she had never expected to feel on the island. Something she sometimes struggled to feel back home as well.

She had felt safe.

She still knew that all of her problems hadn't been magically solved, just because she'd finally found Alice and Sandra, because nothing short of a miracle could completely fix this situation. But she had gone to sleep last night without sitting bolt upright at every suspicious sound. She hadn't had to worry about whether she could trust the people she was staying with. She had just been huddled up with two of her friends, supporting and caring for each other, and smiling, somehow smiling, on this hellhole of an island. She was worried that, as soon as she stepped out through the bell tower's entrance, that feeling of safety would be broken.

Bryony looked up at Sandra, looked at her outstretched hand, uncertainty written across her face. Then Sandra smiled, and after a moment, Bryony did as well. Delicately, she took hold of Sandra's hand, and pulled herself up.

"Okay..."

She was still going to be with her friends. They weren't going to up and abandon her, or betray her, or anything like that. They had plans to work towards. Find weapons. Find their friends. See where they would go from there. There would, she hoped, be time to huddle up in safety later. But not now. She'd set herself a mantra, and now was the time to follow it. Now was the time to keep moving forwards.

"Oh, um... hang on..."

Bryony hastily dug her hand into her pocket, and pulled out the next card in the pack, wedging it into a hairline crack in the railings. Then she turned back to Sandra, smiling again.

"Okay, let's... let's do this..."

Find Alba. Find Gary, if he was even here. Find anyone else they needed to. Then, after that?

Well. They'd have to cross that bridge when they came to it.

((Bryony Adams continued in Can You Hear Me Calling Out?))
[+] V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Pregame - Chill - Loss - Realm
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Pregame - Vend-etta - Flames - Fleet - Monachopsis - Glitter
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Prom - Link - Gradation - Ballare
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!
Pregame - Evolution - Life - Lo Mein
Memories - Forward - Odds

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Pregame - Generation - Prince
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Astrid Tate - So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Owen Kay - I fold my tie and ribbon to hide my scars, that's how it starts
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Beatrice - Jamie - Pippi - Tim - Ada - Tabby - Romeo - Lissa - Freddie - Trinity - Redd - Natalie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017

Return to “The Bell Tower”