Madness

Here is where all threads set in the past belong. This is the place to post your characters' memories, good or bad, major or insignificant. Handlers may have one active memory thread at the same time as their normal active present-day thread. Memory one-shots are always acceptable.
Nadir†

Madness

Post by Nadir† »

"So... how is your mother doing?"

It was always that question. That damned question. People did not have the idea of how unpleasant was to have person after person coming around and asking you how your mentally ill parent was. Everybody did it: classmates, teachers, relatives... it kept getting more and more upsetting, since he sometimes felt that those apparent shows of pity was just done by people to appease their conscience. He was the one who was going to be taking care for his mom when he came out of age, not them. At thirteen years old, he already felt much responsible than many adults as the one who was in front of him.

"She... she is allright, thanks" Dani said dryly. This was not the place and the time to get angry at the world. After all, it was being angry the reason that had led him there in the first place. Counsellor´s office, at lunch break.

"I... I understand that you punched Pablo on the face without provocation. Several times, if I heard correctly", said Mr. Rodriguez. Dani hadn´t really took much time to know the man. He was on his forties, sporting a thick moustache under his nose, with horn-rimmed glasses covering his eyes. The guy looked very professional, but Dani knew that such appearances should not fool him the less.

"It was not without provocation..." Dani said, an angry hint in his voice "Pablo was... insulting my mom. And I was not going to let him get away with it"

Mr. Rodriguez nodded slightly. In fact, Pablo had called Dani´s mother something along the lines of 'schizo-bitch' or something like that. The whole school had heard it, as it had happened at the lunch room. At first, it looked like nothing, just a school rumble, like any other that happened there every day. And Dani and Pablo were not exactly the best of friends. The two kids barely stood each other, even if they only shared a few classes between them. But this time had been different. Everybody around school knew that the illness of Daniel´s mother was his berserk button. And pushing that button, well... it lead to certain dangerous situations.

As dangerous as Dani pounding Pablo´s head with his fists during several minutes. It had not been that bad, actually (Pablo was fine, just badly shaken... the nurse even thought he may have pissed himself with fear), but it was not appropiate. Not for Dani, not for the school...

"I understand..." he said "But, I don´t think you should get away with what you did to him. It would not be fair..."

"Fair?" Dani scoffed "I was just defending what I love the most... Pablo is just a rich kid with too much money in his pockets. If you are gonna suspend me just for giving him a taste of reality, then well, it´s fine, do it"

Mr. Rodriguez´s eyebrows went up.

"I don´t want to suspend you... I just want to warn you. I will not tolerate this kind of behaviour, Daniel. I have talked with Pablo´s parents. Initially, they were very upset about what had happened. They wanted to press charges against the school. Thankfully, the principal convinced them to not to do so. However, I must advise you... stay away from Pablo. And from everyone who might you think that can upset you that way. Because, you have my word, the next time I see you doing this kind of thing, you will be expelled at once".

Dani wanted to say something, but the man cut him off.

"And that´s our last word. You are dismissed. Lunch break will be over shortly. Better if you return directly to class".

Dani slowly nodded. He grabbed his bag and then walked to the door, but not before he head the man´s voice behind him.

"Oh, by the way..." he said, matter-of-factly "I talked to your grandmother before. She is also very shocked about what happened. You might want to talk with her when you arrive home".

Dani cursed under his breath, muttered a brief 'thanks' to the counselor, and darted out of the room as the bell rang.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Nadir. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “Memories (The Past)”