Taking Requests for Character Art

Welcome to Artist's Alley! Within, our forum's aspiring artists can showcase their artwork -- be it drawings, sketches, poetry, writings, or any other creative works.
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Oh my god thank you so much! you really managed to captured the feel of their personalities and aesthetics! Vasily is... complicated to draw and you really did a good job!
[+] v8 babies
Noah Karimi-Danya- Better than you think

Giselle Modisette- Nothing's wrong

Isaiah Flanagan- Apologize

Lorenza/o Araya- Narcissistic self hatred

Betty Sadberry- Re-empathize

Erika Takahashi-Schaff- Everything's beautiful
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Maya looks really good! I like how, despite a simple and fairly nondescript outfit (which is super in keeping for her), you gave her a whole lot of personality in her smile and eyebrows; she looks like she might well bu up to something (or else lurking in the background while somebody else is).

Something about Leah just looks so adorably awkward in a really relatable way. I may have said this before, but your stuff has this great cartoon vibe to it sometimes, and Leah looks like she should have her own series or at the very least be part of the core cast. I especially like her eyebrows; they have a lot of definition/emotion to them.

Finally, wow, Vasily must've taken ages! I'm really impressed by how clean the linework on all of his chains is, and I also appreciate that you took the hard route and actually kind of downplayed the eye patch. You've captured his glorious edginess so very well indeed.

You rock a ton! I always love seeing your stuff, and these latest kids are worthy additions to your portfolio. :)
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun
Namira

Post by Namira »

Mandy's hat is glorious, I like all of these ones you've done recently!
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Welllp, I don't want to overload your requests, but I do have a few concept kids that I want to request if I can!
[+] Erika Takahashi Schaff
Erika is 5’10 and weighs 143 pounds. Her build is made of lean muscle, gotten from mountain biking and basketball. Inherited from the paternal side of her family, her figure is a mix of rectangular and inverse triangle, with somewhat wide shoulders, a thin waist, and average hips. Her chest and behind are both flat, and what little curves she has are lost due to her clothing style. Her complexion is slightly tanned with warm undertones, which is attributed to her half-asian ancestry and her love of outdoorsmanship, and is free of blemishes due to her skincare regimen and good genetics. She uses very light makeup normally, usually just doing her eyebrows and not much else.

Erika has an oval shaped face, and looks a few years older than her actual age. Her cheekbones are high and her jawline is defined. Erika’s eye shape is difficult to define and sits high on her face, but she generally thinks they are a mix of almond and monolid shaped, with demi eyelids. Her irises are dark brown, almost black, sitting under naturally straight and downturned eyebrows, giving her a fierce look. Her nose is short and straight, and her mouth is slightly on the small side with average-sized, pale lips. In her opinion, she looks unfriendly in default, but not unattractive enough to bother with makeup.

Her straight, naturally black hair is shaped in a bob, framing her face, and is cut unevenly. On the right side, it is slightly longer than chin length, while on the right side it almost reaches her shoulder blades. Since her freshman year, Erika’s hair has been dyed a light blonde, and she re-dyes it to get rid of roots every two weeks. Aside from her earlobes, which were pierced since she was little, she has no piercings and doesn’t have any tattoos.

On the day of the abduction, Erika was wearing an oversized olive green army jacket, a black t-shirt with a deer skull design on it, tan jeans, and dark brown hiking boots. Her earrings were small iron rings with short chains hanging off, attached to small pieces of bone. She was wearing an iron ring on her right index finger, decorated with one of her own baby teeth, and another ring on her left ring finger decorated with a small beetle in yellow-ish resin. She wore an assortment of bracelets on both arms, all twine, and some had animal canine teeth, small bones and bone bits attached to them as charms. She wore a necklace that has a flat, rectangular piece of bone attached to it.
[+] Gabrielle Reyes
At 4’11 and 91 pounds, Gabrielle is almost underweight and looks much smaller than her classmates, not helped by her younger age. Her weight constantly fluctuates between 90 and 100 pounds because of her poor eating habits. She has an overall rectangular figure, with a flat chest and thin hips, and most of her ribs are visible if she sucks her chest in. Despite her half hispanic, half spanish heritage, Gabrielle’s skin is rather pale and unhealthy-looking from malnutrition and staying inside. Small scars shaped like dots litter amongst her upper arms, chest, forehead and temple. These were left by her picking at her pimples, although her outbreaks are smaller in scale now. She constantly re-opens her wounds, picks, and sometimes scratches on her skin constantly

Gabrielle has a heart shaped face, with high cheekbones, although her cheeks are rounded. Her almond eyes are dark brown to the point of almost being black, and has prominent dark bags under them. She has thin, unkempt eyebrows, which are patchy and missing small chunks of hair. Her eyelashes are short, and also missing patches. Her nose is short and snub, and her average sized mouth has full, flesh-colored lips that are often chapped and chewed on. Her dental hygiene is poor and her teeth are slightly yellowed.

Her hair is overgrown from a messy layered bob and falls right below her chin in length, with similarly overgrown thin, unevenly cut bangs falling into her face and sometimes obscuring her eyes. Because of her lack of personal hygiene, her hair is greasy. She has trichotillomania and is constantly pulling out her hair. This has left her with thinner hair on the top of her head and along her hairline. Due to her poor hair maintenance, she prefers to cover it up, either with hoodies or beanies. She has no piercings.

On the day of the abduction, Gabriella was wearing a dark grayish-blue hoodie jacket with a light gray, wide horizontal stripe running through it at chest height, a plain black tank top with the words ''worm feed'' in all capital letters printed a white heavy metal font, gray sweatpants, and a pair of old white and dark blue sneakers. She has no accessories other than her favorite black cat-ear beanie and a dark grey hair tie on her right wrist.
[+] Venezia Venus
At 5’7 and 122 pounds, Venezia cuts a thin figure, with practically no muscle definition whatsoever. His skin is fair with cool undertones, maintained with a rigorous skincare routine, and is mostly spared by acne except along his hairline. He has light freckling on his face, chest and shoulders. His fingernails are cut very short, with some evidence of nail biting. He often wears black, rectangular glasses to correct farsighted-ness on his left eye. He has piercings on his earlobes, but never wears anything in them due to disliking the feeling.

Ven’s round face is boyish with a pointed nose, low cheekbones, a sharp chin and a strong jawline. His light green eyes are wide and sunken, sitting above a wide, thin-lipped mouth. His naturally honey-colored, wavy but borderline curly hair has been bleached white blonde on impulse. He wears his hair in a layered, chin-length bob, with short, straight bangs almost an inch above his eyebrows, which are thin and pale. The length of the hair hides a messy uneven undercut that stretches from the top of his neck to the middle of his ears.

On the day of the abduction, he wore a white button-up long sleeved shirt with a black ribbon bolo tie in a bow, the clasp being an intricate silver design with a large, fake emerald. His dress pants were black and cuffed, and his black belt had an iron rose shaped-buckle on it. A thin, short wallet chain hangs from the right. He wore black, ankle-length lace up boots and white socks with suspenders. The beret he chose that day was a dark muted green with a black bow on the left side and three iron hoops through its right side. This outfit included wrist-length lace gloves- black on the right, white on the left, with small decorations on the outer wrists consisting of a rose on a ribbon bow, the color which were the opposite color of the gloves. His other accessories included a silver necklace with a small silver working clock charm, a thin black lace choker with a black glass pendant, a dark black corded bracelet on his left ankle, and his glasses. He was a little heavier on the makeup than usual, with dark eyeshadow, pale foundation, eyeliner and eyebrow penciling.
Sorry!
[+] v8 babies

Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

Backslash's V8 hopefuls, Iris, Kai, Taylor, and Angelo, are finished.
[+] V7
Mains
Image B018: Ned Jackson- That’s All Folks
Image G039: Yuki Hayashibara- Family is Forever
Image B034: Zachary Beck- Guess I’ll Die
backslash

Post by backslash »

They look so wonderful! I think my favorite part is how you managed to show Iris's undercut even though it's on the side facing away from the viewer, but you really captured everyone so well.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

They look really nice!

I agree with Backslash re: Iris' hair; it's very well detailed. I also dig the way you've done her glasses, how they sit a little bit further down her nose. It adds a good sense of perspective to the piece.

I like how clean and polished Kai's coast is. You're also getting really good at lighting and perspective; the highlight work along his shoulders and arms is great. And I'm pretty sure those are gauge earrings, right? You did a great job representing them.

Speaking of earrings, I love the slight sway to Angelo's. I also dig the faint curves going on showing the definition of his arm. You're definitely getting really good at the subtle details; you also did a great job giving his nose a distinctive shape.

Taylor's eyes look ever-so-slightly manic, which I very much appreciate. I like how the different shades of green complement each other between eye and hair, and also dig how you paid attention to what would be visible on the lower layer of clothing.

These ones are some of my favorites yet! You rock, and thank you once more for all your hard work. :)
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

Yonagoda's V8 hopefuls Erika, Gabrielle, and Venezia are finished.
[+] V7
Mains
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Aww they all look really nice! I really like how you're starting to experiment with new poses, I love gabrielle's vibe!
[+] v8 babies

Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

*respectfully hands u one more child*
I'm sorry.

*Retracts the child*

I'm sorry.
[+] v8 babies

Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

Pippi’s V5 kids are done!
[+] V7
Mains
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

I really like your work so far, with pip's kids! It's nice that you're expanding your horizons on poses!

Francis looks really casual- like he's in the middle of a friendly conversation, and someone just tapped him on the arm to show him something cool. The way his hair sits over his shoulder is natural and relaxed, and you can tell his tall, lanky body type just from a waist-up shot. His freckles are also very cute!

Amy has such an infectious smile! It feels like she's one second away from dumping harry potter trivia on me, and that's perfect for her. The shirt's pattern is drawn really well, and the way you draw her scarf really ties it all together. She's so energetic!

You have such a talent for clothes, and it really shows with Owen's detailed shirt. His tall stature and sturdy body type is well-captured. The way you draw his facial hair-making it clearly visible but faint, really is true to his description. He looks so nice and friendly, and a little geeky, which is a pretty accurate portrayal of him. His scar is super well-done: it isn't eye catching, but its clearly there.

You've really improved recently!
[+] v8 babies

MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

They look super nice!

I really dig Erika's expression, the sort of half-scowl that's not too extreme. I also think the way you've done the shading in her hair is very nice; it gives it good depth. And you did a good job with her skull shirt!

The head-tilt on Gabrielle is awesome! You've done a really good job playing with your typical pose here, and I think it works out amazingly. The front-on view also gives a really good view of the hat, which helps its details (which you've captured quite nicely) pop. And I love the general aura of fatigue that emanates.

Venezia keeps the experimentation up, and I love it! I'm especially struck by what a nice job you've done on the outfit; those are some very slick details, especially the hat and glove. And again, your expression work is on-point, with the small smirk.

I'm super impressed by the shading you worked into Owen, with the little changes in his skin and the way his hair looks. You've also somehow managed to convey that he's really really tall without anything there for comparison, which is a super neat trick!

I really like the colors in Amy's piece, the way the red of her hair stands against the green of her scarf. I also like the pose you've given her, and think you're getting a lot of good mileage out of using those to show personality. She just has this generally friendly vibe that I dig a ton.

Speaking of, Francis pops a bunch despite a simple outfit due to this. It's small, but the over-the-shoulder look is so nice, giving him some real confidence and attitude. And I also really dig the way you gave him some clear muscle definition.

You rock, and you've done a great job with this! It's super cool seeing you branch out some!
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

Empress Plush's TV3 kids are done!
[+] V7
Mains
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

Somersault’s TV3 girl Hailey is finished!
[+] V7
Mains

Return to “Artist's Alley”