It's My Life

G48 Start

A long, swinging bridge that crosses a deep ravine heading into the uninhabited part of the island. The bridge sways eerily in the wind and the fall into the ravine below almost certainly spells doom for anyone who happens to lose their balance or step too close to the edge.
Mimi

It's My Life

Post by Mimi »

"Damn it!" an aggravated G48 yelled.

Marnie Yaguchi had just found her weapon; if you could even call it that. She was past the point of anger and was on a steady trail to fuming.

She was sitting a bit away from the bridge. Her duffel bag was unpacked with its contents on the ground beside her, save for the food that could possibly be ruined in the rain.

She wasn't supposed to be here. Here on this stupid island with a stupid cheese grater and nothing to protect herself with. She was supposed to be getting prepared for college life in New York. This is so not what she meant by wanting to get away from California, because in all honesty California was the one place she'd rather be. She was better than all of this. She had a future, but not anymore. It was torn away from her, right under her feet.

Marnie let out a large sigh as she plopped down on the slick grass and shut her eyes. The rain pelted her body and she relaxed, if only a little bit. In reality, it probably wasn't a good idea to lay in plain view, but Marnie wasn't in the mood to worry. All she wanted to do was relax and collect her thoughts. And that's exactly what she did.

"Well, America, my name is Marnie Yaguchi and I'm from Southridge High school in Highland Beach, California," Marnie announced to cameras that couldn't be scene. If they were going to make her play the game, she'd play it her way.

"I was kidnapped and brought to this island, where I bet kids are killing each other," her voice began to crack a little bit when she proceed on to the next part of her 'speech', "Mom, Dad, if your watchin', I miss you guys sooooo much and I promise I'll come back."

Whether she would be able to fulfill her promise was a mystery even to her, but she sure as hell hoped it was true.

----------------

Marnie was lying in the grass for what seemed like ages. Her mind wondering to everything that had happened to her in the last five days. Now that she thought more and more about it, Survival of the Fittest was beginning to seem more and more real.

As she sat up, Marnie began to become slightly scared. This really wasn't the place she wanted to die.

She began throwing things back into her duffel bag, leaving behind only the manuals, as the had ruined in the rain.

As she ran down the now slippery path, her mind raced with questions as to how she would be able to survive. One thing was for sure- she;d have to find people that could help her.

(Marnie Yaguchi continued elsewhere)

Return to “Swinging Bridge”