These Walls

The jailhouse sits away from the main settlement on the island, probably as a precautionary measure to keep the townspeople safe from those in lockup. It's a simple, two-story building with a row of cells on the bottom floor and a spare room, probably where the guard used to sleep, upstairs. The cells seem lonely now and beckon for a new body to be locked behind their bars.
Super Llama†

Post by Super Llama† »

Noah turned back towards Johnny and Dawn, just in time for Johnny to level his shotgun square at his chest. He wasn't surprised at all by his sudden hostile attitude. It made sense; he'd probably react the same way.

As Dawn handed Johnny another written note, he was rather perplexed by his reaction to it. After seeing the rest of it play out, though, he got the picture. Ah, so it's like that, huh?

After he was given the go-ahead to explain himself, he spoke up. "I guess I should come clean now." He said. "The real reason I'm looking for Lex is...so I can kill her."

He paused a moment, working out how he should describe the situation. "It's all a matter of revenge, really. When I first ran into Lex and Kyrie they were travelling together with another girl, Vera Lang." He assumed that Johnny heard her name on the announcements just now. "They seemed to trust her completely, but soon after Lex had some kind of falling out with the group and just stormed off."

He took a deep breath, "After we got separated, I made an oath to myself that I'd find them again and we'd all find a way off the island. I finally found Vera after a while, but...she was already dead. Lex was the one that killed her." For a moment, she remembered Vera's body, lying in the doorway of the cottage. At least she doesn't have to suffer this damn game anymore...

"Vera wasn't carrying any actual weapons when I first met her, and even if she had found one, I very highly doubt she would've attacked unless it was in self-defense. Lex killed her in cold blood, plain and simple." A flash of anger crossed Noah's eyes for a moment. "I can't let Lex get away with it. Vera...didn't deserve to die like that, getting stabbed in the back by someone she trusted. I understand if you don't someone like me hanging around. I still intend on finding Kyrie and John and making sure they escape, but if I see Lex, I won't hesitate."

"And I don't think going to the graveyard will accomplish anything, especially with how long we've stayed here. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together would know to make a break for it as soon as they picked up their weapon. She's probably long gone already."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Super Llama.
Neuphim†

Post by Neuphim† »

When Johnny aimed his shotgun at Noah, Dawn almost jumped. Her eyes widening in fear for Noah. She stood in simple meekness, holding her breath.

Suddenly, Johnny seemed to have a change of heart and pointed his gun downwards. The misunderstanding was seemingly resolved. Dawn was relieved. Yet very much confused.

What was that about? Sure, Noah was acting weird but he wasn't doing anything wrong. He was just hitting against the walls. It wasn't like he was charging at us. Did he say something? What happened? OK, next time, I'm asking.

Turning, this uncertainty was quickly shadowed by another: Johnny's answer. All of Dawn's attention was all focused on him. Holding her breath for the longest time. Mind racing through assumptions. Heart ponding rapidly. Dawn was experiencing this all at once as she watched.

Then he turned the page. He blushed and to her it struck her as ambiguous. Is he embarrassed by the notion of... sleeping with me or just ME.

Waiting, it slowly donned on her that he WAS accepting her offer. He finally gave back his responses. Both of them.

The smile and the warmth she felt were nice. Even with the scars, Johnny's smile was absolutely legit and kindhearted. Dawn saw this, responding with a simple beam.

Then she read the message. I felt that too, realizing slowly as she finished. Dawn was touched by what Johnny wrote that it took all of her will to contain herself. She didn't even know how to reply. Especially, to such a heartfelt message like this.

Finally, Dawn opt for a simpler message.

It's okay and I feel that connection too. I've never been with someone before. And I'd much rather be with you.

By the way, thank you. You make me so happy.

There, finished. Yet Dawn knew that wasn't the case. Not wanting to kill the mood but considering that the was curiosity already nagging her, she added PS why was so Noah upset? She looked over to Noah, who was explaining something. Though Dawn wasn't able to tell what.

She handed the notebook over. At the last moment, a desire appeared.

And like that, Dawn kissed Johnny. The eight days worth of no hygiene. In any other circumstance, it would have been a massive turnoff. But at that moment, but it didn't matter to Dawn. She pulled away slowly, savoring the moment, the pleasure. It was nice.

So much so that Dawn couldn't help but smile.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Neuphim. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
D/N

Post by D/N »

Johnny tried not to stare as Dawn scribbled her response. Noah was explaining the situation, and Johnny was listening to him, and it WAS important, but for now, he could only think of what she'd say. She handed the notebook back to him.

It was real.

Ever felt away with me
Just once that all I need
Entwined in finding you one day

Then, she suddenly kissed him.

Would you do it with me
Heal the scars and change the stars
Would you do it for me
Turn loose the heaven within

He hadn't kissed a girl since he was 13, and the warmth flooded through his body like liquid electricity. He kissed her back, likewise uncaring about what Noah might think, or the fact that they'd been alone on an island for a week and weren't in the most beautiful of shape. That didn't matter.

Your beauty cascaded on me
In this white night fantasy

Then Dawn pulled back, and she smiled at him and he knew he was smiling back. They were back in the real world though, and there was still had a situation here, knowing about Lex and all.

Ugh, he'd wished that Noah had just TOLD him about Lex earlier. Then again, Noah had no way of knowing what Johnny's reaction would be, but it was the sort of thing that would've come up SOMETIME.

So what if they did run into Lex? He was the one with the superior weapon? Could he really just blow her away? He remembered the barracks, when he'd faced down the one and only Bobby Jacks with his gun. Then, he thought he'd be able to shoot Bobby if the need had arisen, if it had been the only thing between life and death for him or Mark. He hadn't shot, and three students died there. Granted, that was partly SADD's own fault, but still. He could understand Noah's quest for vengeance, but he still didn't know if he could agree with it. Or could he?

Oh, just get it out already, Johnny. If someone killed her, just what would you do? Would you still refuse to kill?

In any case, it's not like they were any safer from players staying in one place than they were traversing the island. They had no idea where Lex or the other killers were. Those kids could find Johnny, Dawn and Noah just as easily as the other way around.

"Uh, sorry bout that Noah." He indicated Dawn next to him. "Um, yeah it's a bit complicated." He chuckled a bit, hoping that Noah didn't take it the wrong way.

First loves on the island, how romantic. I bet they're writing terrible fanfiction AS WE SPEAK.

"Anyway, I, I understand how you feel, y'know with Vera. If we find Lex, I'll... help you if I need to. I promise you that much." He paused, trying to put his words right. "But um, I'm not gonna just go... kill her in cold blood. There's, there's like a line there that I don't want to cross, it's tough to explain."

As he talked, he also wrote.

Thank you, Dawn. You make me happy too.

It was the announcements. Vera Lang was a friend of Noah's, she was on the list. Lots of people were.

Lex Machina was the one who killed her. So... we're not looking for Lex anymore. I still want to find John and Kyrie, though. So we're going to head out.

He handed the note back to her, shuffling the daypack on shoulder. He was suddenly aware that Dawn would have no idea of which students had died. Or which students were playing. He made a mental note to fill her in with as many names as he could remember as they traveled. It would be a bit of a killjoy, but it was something she deserved to know.

But for now, he was just ready to get out of here.

"Well, lead the way, Noah. You probably got the best idea of where to look for 'em. Or where not to."

He took Dawn by the hand and started out of the jailhouse, realizing for the first time that the sounds of rain had stopped.

"Heh. At least it's not raining anymore."

Ever felt away without me
My love, it lies so deep
Ever dream of me

(Jonathan Lancer continued in A Convoluted Conventicle)
Ugh never say never
Brayden Betancourt
Chris Passilidis
Adi Wheelwright
Fey Zelenka-Morrison

Always Remembered:
v7!
G080 - Nikki Nelson-Kelly - DECEASED Castles Fall in the Sand

v6!
B029: Aiden Slattery - DECEASED Get Off the Floor
G058: Kaitlyn Greene - DECEASED She Knew She'd Found Freedom

v5!
G038: Deanna Hull - DECEASED From Sea to Sky
B023: Jesse Jennings - DECEASED From Vision to Glory

v4!
G077: Andrea Raymer - ALIVE
B022: Imraan Al-Hariq - DECEASED
B006: Ricky Fortino - DECEASED
G036: Carly Jean Dooley - DECEASED

v3!
G045 - Eris Marquis - DECEASED
B104 - Jonathan Lancer - DECEASED
Super Llama†

Post by Super Llama† »

Noah was more than a little surprised as Dawn suddenly kissed Johnny. "Holy..." Politely averting his eyes to what should probably be a private moment, he only looked back when Johnny spoke up again. "Uh...yeah, no problem." He said. "And don't worry. I don't expect you to go THAT far. If we find Lex, I'll take care of her myself."

He suddenly felt guilty dragging the two of them anywhere near his personal vendetta. They'd probably have been better off just going on without him, as he knew his little quest for vengeance could very well get them killed. But then again, they were both probably going to die anyway, along with himself. Along with Lex, even. In fact, why was he even doing this? Even now, the odds of her getting out of this alive were very slim indeed. But then again, the chance still existed. And no matter what, he couldn't let her get out alive. Not after what she'd done.

Where to go? Now there's the million dollar question. Finding anyone on this damn island was like a crapshoot. All anyone could really do was just bumble around the island and hope they eventually run into them. If you were lucky, you'd stumble into someone who saw them. If you were less lucky (or more, depending on who you're looking for), you'd hear about them on the announcements, either as a killer or a victim.

Anyway, finding Kyrie and John still took top priority. He'd have to find the two of them and then...and then what?

Dammit! Too many questions! Noah thought to himself as he stepped out of the building, heading off in some arbitrary direction, hoping that they'd find the two of them soon.

{{continued elsewhere}}
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Super Llama.
Neuphim†

Post by Neuphim† »

Thank you, Dawn. You make me happy too.

Dawn couldn't help but feel embarrassed all over again with those simple words. She still wasn't used to the whole idea

She read on.

It was worse than she thought.

Dawn couldn't even take solace in Kyrie being alright. The fact that 'lots' of students have been killed severely disheartened her. She knew that people would die. But the fact was horrid. And Noah, she pitied him severley for his lose.

Yet her mind was indecisive. While she couldn't condone revenge, she wouldn't allow Lex to get away with that. Still, I hope he comes up with the right decision.

All of a sudden, they were leaving. It was hinted, so it didn't catch Dawn by surprise. Johnny took her hand with his hand, so very full of warmth.

Reaching outside, the day was once again clear, the sun kissing Dawn. It returned. That love. For nature, for the trees, the animals, everything. For the vibrant colors and wonderful sensations it holds. For the unity and calm of it. At that moment Dawn knew that nature may be indifferent, but it's not judgmental. It was the nature she'd grown to love. She was reassured.

[Dawn Beckworth continued elsewhere]
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Neuphim. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “Jailhouse”