8-Ball, Nasal Pocket

Sure, it's a little grungy, a little dirty... but Shooters is almost like a tradition in Highland Beach. Some claim that their food is the best in the whole town. Others come for the concerts held on the second story, and still others flock into Shooters to loiter in the basement pool room. Open 24 hours a day, it's the perfect place to hide out when the parental units are driving you nuts.
RePeate†

8-Ball, Nasal Pocket

Post by RePeate† »

"C'mon Gabe, you want some of this?" Evan said as he reeled up from the thin line of coke he'd just done on the counter in the men's room. His eyes were teary, a clear sign he wasn't used to railing drugs at all. Truth be told it was only his third time. The first was at a house party when he was 16, the second at his friend Jordan's house on his 17th birthday. Jordan's stuff made Evan feel sick for a bit, so he'd been holding off until tonight. He dashed a bit more out of the small plastic flask-like container onto the countertop. He hoped this stuff was better than the last stuff. He'd bought it from a friend's older brother, so he wasn't too sure of it's credibility.

"Nah man, I don't do that." replied Gabe in a very uncomfortable manner. He shifted and averted his gaze. He really didn't want to be here.

Evan flashed a slight sign of disappointment in his friend, then turned on his "cheery face" (as Gabe called it). "OK dude, more for me later then". He swept the line carefully with his finger back into the flask and plugged the stopper back snuggly inside. Evan knew he couldn't pressure Gabe into doing it. He'd tried many times before to get Gabe to do anything the least bit adverturous. Gabe was just too much of a momma's boy to try anything fun, he felt.

"We should get back out there. The girls are probably wondering what's going on in here. They're the ones supposed to go to the washroom in pairs, remember?" Gabe said with an awkward chuckle.

"I guess. Whatever. Fuck, I think this shit's starting to kick in" Evan replied as he felt a light tingle go up his spine and felt his head getting heavier, as if packed with gauze. He pumped his shoulders up and down a few times and jerked his head from side to side while inhaling deeply. "Wooooo... OK, let's get some game on!" he said, a bit too loudly. The two boys exited the bathrooms and headed back to the pool table they had reserved.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler RePeate. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

Kara sat waiting for Gabe and Evan to return to where they were. He had talked her into to coming out with his friend and some others to play pool, grabbing a beer maybe and just hanging out. Wanting to make the best impression on everyone and look her best, she managed to find her cutest short jean skirt with her red t-shirt. With her hair down and in waves framing her face, she put on her favourite flip flops and followed the guys to the pool hall.

When they had arrived, Evan and Gabe went to the washroom leaving her to herself and anyone else who might show up. Taking this as a key moment to scout the crowd, she tried to see if there were any familliar faces she might entertain herself with until Gabe got back. It wasn't that she didn't love Gabe... though love was a word she more tossed around... she just enjoyed having her choice of company when she wanted it. She learned young that she'd have to be the one in charge if she ever wanted something done right.

"Can I get you something to drink?" The tall female waitress asked. She was lanky with her hair in a bun. The woman looked about 30, her hair gray in some spots and smelt like moldy cigars. Kara, looking a bit disgusted, shook her head and waved her off.

"Uh, Okay. Well, my name is Kimberly if you need anything." The waitress muttered as she walked away to her next table. The boys where now heading out of the washroom making their way back to her.

"Gabe, baby, can you go to the bar and get me drink please? Coke."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler baby_g. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
RePeate†

Post by RePeate† »

Gabe was startled by Kara's request.. He hadn't heard the entire sentence, but definately caught the "coke" at the end. He looked surprised and ashamed for only a breif moment before his senses caught up with him and made him realize she wanted a beverage. "Oh yeah..uh.. sure babe. Coke comin' up. Ev, you want anything while I'm going up there?".

Evan was visibly jittered and franticaly scratching at his scalp. "Oh, what? Oh, yeah a drink...uhh.... beer?" he said, a look of utter confusion crossing his face. His thoughts were racing a mile a minute through his head. He needed to pace himself. He reached for the vial in his pocket, reassuring himself it hadn't left its place.

Gabe trudged to the bar, in the meantime shooting glances across the bar. He'd already gotten in with a fake ID, and now his friend was doing lines in the john? Gabe was beginning to get paranoid about being caught, so he hurried up against the bar and leaned on his elbows trying to be nonchalant. "Uh, two bottles of domestic and a coke, please" he said, his voice nearly cracking. The bartender wisked away and returned almost as quickly with his order. "Seven bucks" the tall, dark haired mid-twenties bartender said. Gabe gave him a ten, and told him to keep the change.

Meanwhile, Evan was holding himself up with his pool cue, trying to be as composed as possible. "So, Kara... what's up? You wanna shoot a game or something? Or are you just here as arm candy tonight?" he said, raising his eyebrows and forcing his tongue into his left cheek.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler RePeate. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

"Don't be an idiot. Sit down before you get us kicked out eh?" Kara hissed. He was obviously on something causing him to wobble to and fro. She looked back to see Gabe coming back with their drinks, looking way hotter than when they had first came in the place. Before, she didn't really pay attention to him, but now that there wasn't really much to choose from and Evan was being a douche, she was seeing Gabe in a whole new light. For that evening at least.

"Thanks hunnie." She whispered rewarding her boyfriend with a soft kiss to the cheek. "Before we play any pool, can you remind your friend here not to be so crude and keep his comments... and hands.. away from me?"

It sounded a bit harsh, seeing as Evan hadn't even laid a hand on her, either way, she wanted to make sure the boundries were clear. That, and for no good reason just for her own fun, she hoped to make Evan jealous.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler baby_g. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
RePeate†

Post by RePeate† »

Gabe let out a big fake smile. "What the fuck dude? I leave for two seconds and you're moving in on my girl. Hahaha, you crazy bastard!". His laugh was fake, and he broke into a cold sweat. He distributed everyone's drink, and swung round beside Evan to whisper in his ear without drawing attention. "Dude, you're gonna get us fucking kicked out. I don't want to be kicked out of here. I happen to like this place. We're in on fakes, remember? You're gonna get us shitcanned...".

Evan leaned in to whisper. "Man, I didn't do anything. Tell your girl to be cool, alright... everything's....cool...." he began to trail off, his mind coming under full brunt of the drugs. He wobbled a bit and put a hand on the pool table to steady himself in the most inconspicuous manner he could muster with all his strength. "Bitch" he thought, "she's gonna fuck everything up".

Gabe made his way round the table to set up for the break. He looked at Kara, and said in an imitated Humphry Bogart voice "This one's for you, baby", and winked at her. He thrust the stick, and the balls clacked off each other at such speed, one's eyes could not keep up. Gabe vaguely made out the 8 ball going into the side pocket. "Dammit!" he said aloud. "A damn scratch!". Evan could not contain his laughter. He burst out into a laugh so loud, it began to draw the attention of the other bar patrons. Gabe played it off as normal, but he knew Evan would get them kicked out if he didn't stop laughing so loud.

But Evan couldn't stop. It was just so funny to him... for absolutely no reason! He kept laughing despite many strange looks from Gabe, Kara, and other patrons. "He...sunk....the eight...HAHAHAHAHAH!". Evan was losing it. "Not cool" Gabe thought, "This was a bad idea".
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

Getting quite annoyed with the way Evan was behaving, Kara took this time to excuse herself and head towards the washroom. It was a large white door which opened to a tiled small room no bigger than stage at school. There were eight stalls and four sinks. One large mirror that covered the whole wall was on the same side as the door, probably so all the old '50 wanting to look 30' girls could do a double take and make sure they weren't dragging any toliet paper with them on their way out. Kara chuckled at the thought of old woman trying to be young again and failing at it. Reaching in her purse she pulled out her little pill case and found her favourite little friend. Placing the little white pill on her tounge she swallowed some sink water and dryed her hands. Extasy was a powerful little drug which she loved to use sometimes. The thing was she hadn't told Gabe yet, and she figured that he'd just get really upset if he knew.

After she had retouched a bit of her make-up Kara made her way back to the boys and their table. Her head was beginning to fell a bit light as she passed by Gabe playfully squeezing his ass as she did so, before taking a seat where we previously was. Evan didn't look so stupid anymore as he wobbled there laughing at Gabe's scratch. Instead she started to realize that Gabe was the one over reacting.

If he's not careful he's going to get us kicked out!

"Babe, babe, come here... don't worry.. here, let me give you a kiss!"
RePeate†

Post by RePeate† »

Evan had finally stopped laughing, much to Gabe's relief. He was standing there, teary eyes from laughter, oblivious to the attention he had drawn. Gabe racked the balls, and set up for a new game. He only just noticed Kara had gone to the washroom. "She's probably super embarassed" Gabe thought, "I should never have let Evan go through with it". He finished setting up the next game, and this time Evan broke. It was a clean break, sinking the blue 2 ball right off the bat. "Haha sweet" Evan said aloud, "Tonight's my night man, I can FEEL it...Booyah!" He shot again, this time sinking the 7 ball into the side pocket.

"Babe, babe, come here... don't worry.. here, let me give you a kiss!" Kara had said, as she came out of the washroom with renewed vigor. Gabe was relieved to see she wasn't phased by Evan's antics. "Aw, sweetie. Who could refuse a kiss from you eh? My hot, sexy honey" Gabe responded. He wrapped his arms around her and gave her a playful squeeze as he pressed his lips softly against hers. Things escalated and Gabe slipped in some tongue and grabbed her ass. "Mmmmm yeah! Aw sweetheart, your such a good kisser, you know that?" he said, gazing longinly into her eyes. Of course she knew, he made a point of saying it alot. "Yeah!" Evan shouted as he sank yet anoter ball "On fire! Yeah! Nobody can touch this! NOBODY!" he exclaimed further, raising his cue above his head like a sword. His voice was becoming irritatingly loud again. "Damn" he shouted a few seconds later as he missed his next shot and pantomimed breaking the cue over his bent leg. "You're up man. I'ma order us some more brewskies". And so without warning Evan left the table and made his way to the bar before even taking a single drink order.

Gabe lined up a shot in his mind, bent over the table to take it, and wound up missing it. "Damn", he thought, "Now I gotta wait till Evan gets back before I can shoot again". He turned his focus towards Kara. He leaned in next to her, put his arms around her shoulder and pulled her in close. He spun her into position without a word and went in for another makeout session, this time his hand subtly and stealthily reaching up and cupping her left breast.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

"Hey, lets not get to frisky here!" Kara joked as she backed into her seat creating some space between the two love birds. Evan had hightailed it to the bar to get more drinks.. probably all for himself. She would have offered to get in on the game but it was true was Evan had said earlier... she was just there for eye candy.

Kara straightend out her shirt and returned to her coke, proping her elbow up on the table for balance. She didn't want to let off that she was high as the colours of the room started to morf and spin together. She let her head plop on her boyfriend's shoulder as she snuggled her nose and lips into his neck.

"Baby, when are we going home? I'm getting bored..."
RePeate†

Post by RePeate† »

"In a bit babe. We still have the table for another half hour. You... uh... maybe wanna stay the night? My parents are probably already asleep" Gabe told her. He was nervous of having her stay over. He knew his parents wouldn't approve, but the alcohol made him say it.

Meanwhile, Evan was having a bit of trouble at the bar. "I'm going to need to see some ID buddy. I think you've had enough" the tall bartender told him. Evan began to sweat. He handed the bartender his ID; his FAKE ID. The bartender eyes it for about a minute and raised an eyebrow. "This isn't you" he said. Evan's heart raced. The bartender put the ID in his pocket. "I'm afraid you and your friends are going to have to leave".

At this point, Evan snapped. And when Evan snaps, you don't want to be around...

"Listen here man, you'd better give me my ID back. That IS me. I'm Andrew McNaught. I WAS born August 12th 1984. I ACTUALLY live at 545 Arbor Ridge Drive. YOU are a bartender. You have served me booze. IF I were underage, that means you would have served alcohol to a minor. I'll have you know my father's a prosecuting atourney, and IF I WERE a minor, you'd be in a lot of trouble right now". The bartender was caught off guard. Most minors who come in here are so embarassed for being found out that they slink off before he can call the cops. But this guy had him at an impass. He just wanted the shift to end, and so went along with his bluff. "You know what, take your ID back. But I don't want to see you in here again. You hear?" the bartender said in a flat tone. He threw Evan's card onto the bar and turned his back to help another patron. Evan pocketed the card and considered himself lucky to get out of that one. His head was spinning, adrenaline filled his veins, and the coke numbed his fear. He moved back to the table as calmly as possible. He came across Gabe and Kara cuddling. "Uh guys, we should probably go. The guy at the bar says he doesn't want to see me in here again" he said with a bit of a weak grin.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

"Evan, you jack ass." Kara mumbled as she dozzed in and out. The E wasn't giving her the best of trips and she just wanted to sleep. The idea of her staying over at Gabe's house did sound good in all her honesty, but she wasn't sure if she could be quite enough to not wake them up when they came through the door.

"Sure babe... I'm pretty tired."

As Kara tried to gather her things and make her way out of the seat, she managed to knock over her purse having everything spill onto the table. Quickly, or as fast as she could, Kara scooped everything back in, hoping no one would notice.. only it was too late. The pill bottle that held her advil and E had opened and had now been exposed. Not knowing what to do or say Kara looked down and tried not to act like she was tripping out. Even the most suttle movements of her head made her feel like she was spinning around and lights were flying everywhere.

Please don't mad... please don't be mad...
RePeate†

Post by RePeate† »

Gabe was pissed as soon as Evan came ack to the table. "So help me God Ev, if they don't let me in next time I come around..." he said. Suddenly Kara knocked her purse off the table. Gabe looked down and noticed the pill bottle, and almost immediately his heart sunk. Thoughts raced through his mind. Angry ones, sad ones, ones about injustice, ones about forgiveness. His first thought was to ignore it, and hopefully it was his mind playing tricks on him. Then he felt stupid, and tooled, so his next thought was to make a big scene. Then he realized that would be the last thing he needed. He finally settled on having Kara explain herself. "What's this?" he said in a hurt tone. "What the fuck is this?". He said it as quietly and maturely as possible through visibly clenched teeth. He was struggling to hold back rage and tears at the same time. "How could she do this to me?" he thought, "I thought she loved me, and this is what she goes and does? She's playing me like a tool". Tears began to well in his eyes as he fought to regain composure and control of his emotions. "She had better have a damn good explaination" he thought. He knew whatever she told him, it wouldn't be good enough.

Evan, sensing the tension, tried to play it cool and gathered his things to leave, acting as though he saw nothing. But he knew those pills when he saw them instantly. Knowing Gabe, he'd probably be driving Kara back to her home alone. Gabe tended to storm off to prove a point, and Evan didn't feel like driving them both home with an argument going on in the back seat. He continued to snatch up his coat, and checked his pocket for a wallet, keys, and the rest of his coke.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

The room was still spinning as Kara tried to think up a good excuse for there being E in her purse. She could use the whole "its not mine, I'm holding it for someone." trick, but she knew Gabe wasn't that stupid. She could come clean and risk being a single head cheerleader, which up to this point has never happened. She'd have to put on the puppy eyes if she could bring herself to it and hope that he wouldn't be that made.

"Babe... don't make a scene here.... I'm sorry. Someone gave them to me... I'm sorry okay?"

Please don't hate me.
RePeate†

Post by RePeate† »

Gabe struggled to put together a thought train, but nothing was forming in hs mind. A combination of outrage, pain, and booze had made his mind into an empty, auto-piloted shell.

"Listen" he said in a forcibly calm voice "I have to think. I need to take a walk. I have to get out of here now. I won't make a scene, but I can't stay here...with you...". He paid no notice to what Evan was doing, and as far as he could tell, Evan had not even existed. All that existed was anger, sadness, and Kara. "I really need to think about stuff. I'm taking a walk. I don't know when I'll be back. I can make it home by myself if I have to". He reached for his jacket that had been sitting on a stoll near the wall. "I'm going. I hope you can think of a way to fix all this". And with that, he turned and made his way to the door.

Evan stood with a look on his face that one gets when they witness another man kicked very hard in the testicles. "Ouch" he said, out of earshot of Gabe "You'd better go after him. I'm glad I'm not you right now". He broke into a smile. Somehow, something about all this seemed humorous to him...
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

Kara was a bit surprised by Gabe's attempt at having a back bone, but also a little bit scared. Getting up quickly from her seat, grabbing her things and shoving Evan as she passed, Kara quickly caught up to Gabe outside a few feet from the doors.

"Gabe! Wait!"

As Kara grabbed his arm and stood to look him in the eyes, she could feel her high wearing off and her body become increasingly tired. Part of her wanted to say 'screw it' to the whole idea of asking him to forgive her, but the other side of her was telling her that she couldn't lose him. It wasn't just because she was head cheerleader and it'd look bad for her rep, it wasn't just because she enjoyed having someone to cling too to use for sex, it wasn't even because she enjoyed using him for whatever she wanted and having him buy her stuff. As much as it slightly pained her to come to this realization, Kara had to admit that deep down she loved him. Losing him over something as stupid as a drug just wouldn't cut it.

Taking the pill bottle from her purse, showing Gabe as she did so, Kara chucked it into the garbage near by. It didn't exactly make it in the barrel, but the point was being proven and that's what mattered. Kara placed her hands on both sides of Gabes face and drew him in for a kiss.

"I'm sorry... It wont happen again."

She let the moment sink in as they both stood there. She wanted to tell Gabe everything that was running through her head about how she felt, but she wasn't sure how'd he take it. Sure he said he loved her kisses, her ass, her body.. but did he really love her?

"Baby, I want to go home with you.. I'm tired... Please don't just leave me here by myself. I want to be with you."
RePeate†

Post by RePeate† »

Gabe was pissed...understandably. Kara had done one of the few things Gabe wouldn't tolerate in a relationship: hidden a drug habit from him. He would be less upset if she had cheated. But as Gabe stared into those bright eyes, the anger in him began to melt. His mind cleared up, and he could think again. "Why are you mad at this girl?" he thought, "She made a mistake. She feels so guilty. She wants you Gabe...don't you understand. That's not something you find with everyday girls. She might just love you. After all, you love her, right?" Gabe stared long and hard into Kara's eyes, darting his gaze from right to left, trying to figure out what to do next. Then he pulled a move that seemed as though it came right out of a cheesy romantic-comedy movie. He brushed the sides of her cheek with the back of his hand, put his hand behind her head, and pulled her in close for a passionate kiss.

"Atta boy!" the voice in his head said, "You two are gonna be OK".

Gabe pulled away, stared at Kara long and hard, biting his lips, thinking about wether or not he should say it. He'd thought a lot about saying those three words lately. He couldn't work up the nerve. But as of tonight, those nerves were shot to hell and back. Nothing could restrain him.

"Kara, honey... I'm...I mean, I... *sigh* I...love you...". He stared long at her with puppy dog eyes welling with the tears he'd been holding back. His heart was pounding, and felt like it would explode from his chest. "I trust you, and I love you. I don't care anymore, I just want to be with you". He put on a weak sheepish smile and stared at his shoes. "I just...love you..."

Return to “Shooters”