Melancholy

Not all of Highland Beach is sunshine and palm trees. Some people simply don't have the means to make it financially. Those people usually live in Clifton Court, an older neighborhood that hasn't been renovated since Village Harbor was constructed. The neighborhood has been deteriorating for years and many houses are in a state of disrepair. The people living here are either too poor, too set in their ways, or too strung out to care.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Madison didn't actually notice the many reasons Simon had for the last thing he told her. At first she giggled, instantly thinking that Simon was trying to cheer her up. Then the depth of what he said began to sink into her mind. Her smile disappeared, her mind beginning to swerve. Wait... Did he just say His comment began to repeat like a broken record, again and again in her head. "I can name one person who would be disappointed if he didn't see you in school." Madison really didn't know how to react to such a comment. On one hand, it sounded so cheesy and lame, that it was almost hilarious. However, she had noticed that his eye always winked whenever he did something that made her laugh. Somehow, Madison could not picture someone winking just before they're about to tell a joke. Madison's eyes looked away for a moment, trying to grasp the situation at hand, then suddenly darted back in the same position as before. Wait... is... Simon hitting on me? No... No, I don't think Simon is that much of an arrogant asshole... I-Is he? I don't know much about him personally, and all the stuff I do know is very vague. Maybe he is... hitting on me.

She stared at the boy for what seemed like the longest time, her hands laying flat on her thighs. She was literally being split in ha Part of her began to think that maybe, MAYBE Simon was only being nice to her to get in her pants. She believed this feeling, of course. This side also wanted Madison to rise to her feet, slap Simon as hard as her whole body could muster, and walk out the door, limping and all. THEN AGAIN, the other part of her conscious kept telling herself, "You should be flattered. Simon's a nice guy, and he's literally making an effort to make you feel special. That you're important. You shouldn't be mad at all. Hell, you should be glad that a guy like him is even hitting on someone like you." That part of her mind wanted to leap off the couch and make out with him on the floor. As far as she could see, there was a battle between her monstrous anger and her hormones was commencing, and her innocent-yet-lustful mentality was calling obscene names out from the sidelines. It was growing increasingly apparent that any part of her mind that handled logical thinking must have been out to lunch, or didn't want to see the bloody battle raging, because it was nowhere to be found. Madison wished it would come back soon because she really wanted some major help.

Trying her best not to go completely silent, Madison broke the silence that grew between the two. "S-So... W-What time is it, anyway?" It was a question she was actually wondering herself, since she neither had a cell phone or a watch, and she couldn't see where the clock in Simon's apartment was located. Of course, she was only using this as a cover-up of sorts: If she wasn't completely scared out of her mind about what Simon had just said, she wouldn't have bothered to ask him in the first place. She wouldn't have hurt her leg again, because when she tried to change the subject as quickly as she could, her leg jerked up suddenly, slamming itself against the side of the sofa. She groaned in pain, her leg jerking up again, her eyes wincing. "Owwwww....." she forced out of her mouth, cringing slightly.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Namira

Post by Namira »

Simon coughed to mask the blush that had suddenly cropped up. "Sorry," he apologised. "That ended up coming out really lame, I that I didn't offend you. Sounded like a bad pick up line," Simon was backtracking frantically as he realised he had screwed up. And it had been going pretty smoothly too... the problem was, Simon wasn't trying to chat Madison up, it had been something of a joke, though clearly not too good of one, culminating in an especially awkward silence.

Simon was glad of Madison breaking the moment. He quickly check his wrist, remembered his watch was broken, and glanced up on the wall, where a battered old clock was still doing fine service, despite being ten or so minutes out.
"Um.. it's around eleven, half past maybe, would you like to go to bed? I just need to make up the couch," Simon was instantly attentive when she appeared to hurt herself. "That looked bad, is it okay? Should I get the ice again?"
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Madison giggled again, watching Simon's interesting actions with a smile. She blushed slightly as well, although it wasn't as noticeable as Simon's. "N-No... It's alright. Even if it was a pick-up line, I wouldn't mind it anyway!" She smiled, letting her own leg finally relax, the pain beginning to slowly decrease. Madison really thought that Simon was trying to chat her up, and for all she knew, it was... interesting. Not many men have ever shown her the attention that Simon was giving her, and the feeling that she was getting was amazing. Hehe... I can't believe this is actually happening. There's actually a man who's giving me attention... Hehe...

"Y-Yeah.... I-I'm okay... I just banged my leg against the sofa. Nothing too serious..." Madison nodded, picking her whole back off of the sofa. She looked back at the clock Simon just looked over at, not having noticed it from before. "Well... I guess it is pretty late. Y-You know, you don't have to give me the bed. I could just sleep here..."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Namira

Post by Namira »

"Nuh-uh," Simon said emphatically. "What kind of host would I be if I made you sleep on the couch with that leg of yours?" Simon smiled a little as his deep blush faded, and held up a cautionary finger. "And that is not up for debate, all right? I'm gonna bunk out in here, wheras you are going in the bed, even if I have to tie you down to it to keep you there," Simon smiled a little more at his joke, although he was fairly serious - there would be no argument about this, in his mind, it was the right thing to do.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Her mind not exactly focusing fully on the subject they had moved on to entirely, Madison wasn't exactly thinking straight. After Simon made his opinion known, her mind was spinning to come up with something else. She knew Simon was the host and she was the guest, but did that matter to Madison? He had a bad arm and she had a bad ankle. His arm had to be alot worse, and Madison knew this more than anything. The couch doesn't exactly do wonders to injuries, as she had learned so many times over. There wasn't much of a difference other than that., in her mind. She actually came up with a good idea.

Wait... he doesn't have to sleep out on the couch in the first place. He could always.... he could always share the bed with me. Madison hadn't really thought out this to begin with, and she really didn't realize what it meant. She shook her head slightly, thinking for a moment before speaking up. "Well... y-you don't have to sleep on this couch, you know. You could... WE could always sleep together." She stared for a minute, then her facial expression seemed to change completely, from a look of neutrality to complete and udder embarrassment. Her cheeks flushed, her hands shaking violently. "Uhhh.... wait... I..." She laughed softly, looking away for a second. No... wait... no... I didn't mean to say... I, I didn't mean for it to come out like... that...
Namira

Post by Namira »

That was unexpected.

Despite the fact Madison hadn't meant for her words to come out in the way that they had, the five of them hit Simon like a bombshell, alsmot seeming to wipe out rational thought. She didn't just say what I thought she said did she? Even as Madison backtracked frantically, Simon found himself replaying the words over and over in his head. He shook it a couple of times, in an unsuccessful attempt to dispel them.

Seeing how swiftly awkward the situation was getting, Simon did the only thing he could think of doing, and leant over, right up close, and put an arm around her shoulders. Simon was so close, his glasses almost seemed about to bump into Madison's forehead.

This is it Sime-O, either it has been love at first sight, or you're about to get your face slapped off.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

A kiss. An embrace. The action itself could be interpreted as many different things by different people. Someone may share it with a related family member, not so much as a sign of affection, but more of a sign of the bond they share. There are also times where two friends can share the exact same tie to display the attachment between them. A kiss doesn't have to indicate the love that can only come from romance. Yet these days, people have become so closed-minded that they instantly assume that a male sharing a kiss with a female that is not his wife as something wrong, or vise versa. In this case, the stereotypes were right. In fact, Madison Conner could never recall another time where she felt like she was floating up to the sky and melting at the same time. The sensation was amazing.

At first, Madison wasn't sure what Simon was doing, but soon it became obvious. She shivered slightly, her mind running like crazy. Is he doing... what I think he's... Damn it! I Knew it! He's only using you, like the last guy you went out with. Just run out, Madison. Just leave and never look back. You don't need him.

Of course, that's what Madison would have done, if she hadn't moved in closer.

The movement itself was both sudden and swift, landing perfectly without any other unnecessary collisions. The impact itself made something explode into tiny pieces somewhere inside of the girl. It felt better than anything she had ever felt, which was saying a lot. In the past, the kisses were always rough and seemed to hurt her lips. Simon felt soft, delicate. Madison's heart was filled to the brim with passion, desire and every other feeling and emotion that was ostensibly force-fed to every single movie that came out of the nineteen-forties. Butterflies were starting to invade her stomach as she held on to her mind for all it was worth. She really had no idea what was going on, why it was going on, or why she was so open to accept it. In fact, she hadn't fully grasped what she had done until a minute after the kiss itself happened. When she did, a small squeak escaped her throat, which was about the only thing that she could even exclaim at that point. In her mind, she kept telling herself that she didn't want to be in this situation, that she didn't want to get together with someone so quickly. The last time she was foolish enough to do that, she got hurt badly. Then again, Madison whole body seemed to be holding her back. Obviously she didn't want to break the lock that held both Simon and her together, and she wasn't going to prevent him from continuing. The tingling in her lips were reason enough to do nothing.

Oh god... Ohmygodohmygod...

Time seemed to stop in its tracks, and everything in Simon's apartment disappeared. Everything turned to black, leaving only her and Simon. Madison's eyes closed slowly, which was more than a bodily action rather than something she did with her own freewill. The bolt that held the two together seemed to be fastened tight, and looked as if there was no chance of it ever breaking. Madison didn't mind at all: if she could, she would stay in this position to the end of eternity. Despite her protests, it was her that broke the kiss to gasp for air. The actual lip-lock lasted nearly a minute, but it felt like it was days on end. Her whole body felt numb, and Madison couldn't move anything for a minute. She quivered, one of her hands moving upwards to touch her lips, pressing both her index and middle finger against the numb skin. Her cheeks were tinted a bright red. "Simon..." She struggled, her body shaking again. "Simon..." That was the only word she could ever attempt to slip out. Anything that sounded vaguely like speech was literally impossible to comprehend, so much so that the only other sound that Madison was able to screech out was a loud murmur that faintly sounded like a sigh.
Namira

Post by Namira »

At the point he had gone in close, Simon had frozen - utterly convinced that he'd just managed to screw up one of the only concrete friendships he'd ever had - even if he had only met Madison that very same day. What he had not been expecting, in fact, what Madison actually did was the furthest thing from his mind. Simon had thought perhaps he might get pushed away, or manage to laugh it off as a friendly hug, or something. The kiss blew his mind.

I.. I.. if this morning somebody had said this would be where I am tonight, I would have... I don't know. I've never kissed anybody before.

One thing went without saying for Simon, this was the greatest experience he had ever had the pleasure to have, perhaps for some, it would not be so, and Simon was sure that some of the more cynical and 'world-smart' would scoff at him refering to it as such.

Why the hell am I even thinking this now, of all the times in the world!?

When they broke apart (at some length, Simon seemed to think it) his face broke into a very soft smile, affectionate, and... could it be called loving? This, somehow, seemed to be a somewhat unconventional way of making a... girlfriend? Was that true then? Were the pair of them together, or was it just a moment of madness? Judging by the feelings welling up inside him, it was decisively not.

"Madi... that was... that..." Simon was having no more luck at forming a coherent sentence than she, for somebody who was usually fairly eloquent, being tongue-tied was a unique experience.

From what I've heard about love... it seems that this is it...
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

"I.... I'm sorry, Simon..." Madison looked away for only a second, a large smile crossing her face. She, nor anyone else she knew personally, would expect her of actually making the move to kiss someone. Of course she wouldn't have expected Simon to move in so close, with his hand on her shoulder either. Tonight wasn't exactly a normal night whatsoever. Madison didn't know what had come over her, kissing a boy who she hadn't even met the day before. Oh... my... g-go... Madison's cheeks were burning a fiery red, her hand moving upwards to wrap around Simon's neck giving her some sort of leverage. Her eyes, both gleaming with a hazel color, stared right up into Simon's. Hehe... he's so cute, in a strange way. Maybe.... I wouldn't mind getting together with him...

"I-I'm sorry Simon. I didn't know what came o-over me... You were close, you kept teasing me... I just thought..." she stopped herself, looking down at her lap for a minute before looking back up at the young boy, a soft grin (a form that Madison rarely ever wore on her face until today) crossing her face. She was no longer embarrassed, but she was still quite surprised from the whole thing. "I... I really meant sleeping in the same bed... together.." she giggled softly, her loose hand tapping against her thigh. "But... that kiss certainly worked just as well... hehe" I can't believe I... but... at least he's nice. At least he treats me right
Namira

Post by Namira »

Simon grinned. "I don't think you need to apologise for that... it was... um... heck, I don't know what it was except amazing," Simon was a little curious that Madison appeared to be blushing, but maybe that was just an excited flush, for all he knew, he was looking the same.

"Um..." he said, and then went on, a little awkwardly. "Uh... care to um... give it another shot?" Simon blushed as he spoke, tentative, but anticipatory, he guessed she wouldn't take offence... after all, he wasn't asking her to have sex or anything, that was... wrong, would be wrong. A kiss... now that was right.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

"Well..." Madison propped up again, her grin growing at a alarming rate. "I guess there isn't any harm in that." She puckered up again, this time sitting up, making the first move yet again. It wasn't like Madison to be the dominant one, to do things for herself. Madison, however, wasn't feeling like herself. In fact, she felt like a completely different person altogether. Right now, she wasn't the Madison Conner that everyone seemed to refer to her as. Her lips collided with his once again, her nose accidentally pressing up against Simon's (although that didn't stop the movement one bit). She giggled again, her cheeks becoming flushed from excitement. No one has ever made me feel this way before... Not even Jeremy... Hehe... I'll let Simon kiss me, but no touching. Nothing else. We can't move too fast, or either one of us is going to get hurt. For some reason, reasoning and logic were not the things that were going to convince her body to do things that weren't exactly the smartest things to do. All Madison knew: It was just her and Simon. No one else.
Namira

Post by Namira »

The second seemed even better than the first - if that was even possible, Simon wasn't entirely sure. This time he seperated the two of them, and looked at Madison with a slight smile on his face. He shifted awkwardly, and managed to shrug his jacket off, although much to his annoyance, he had to manipulate it considerably with his left hand in order to get it past his forearm. Simon flexed a little bit.

"Sorry," he apologised. "I was getting a little hot..." suddenly, he grinned again. "I guess this solves the dilemma of the bed..." Simon looked down and coloured when he saw that his arm was exposed, the twisted and scarred flesh clearly visible. As it always did when he could see his disability, Simon's stomach dropped and his face set into a frown. Whilst he tried not to let it bother him, when it was open to the air, it looked so bad it was difficult for it not to...
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Madison laid back down against the couch, sighing softly. Wow... he's... actually a good kisser. I wouldn't be surprised if he had done this sort of thing before. Madison tried to keep that smile of hers on, as Simon tried desperately to take off his jacket. Wow... I... never knew that arm of his posed such a big problem to him... I... didn't notice it until now... Madison closed her eyes for just a minute, to rest them. When she opened them back up, she was greeted by the sight of Simon's battered arm. Twisted, scarred, slightly bloody. Madison felt slightly sick to her stomach, but didn't show any signs of it. She simply raised herself up again, her smile turning into another unusual grin. She mentally blocked the sight of his arm out of her memories, like she did with alot of other things that always seemed to trouble her. "Hehe.... Alright, Simon. We'll..... share the bed. No touching, though. That's the only rule I have." Her voice was starting to become alot more natural and less forced. Her studdering seemed to cease completely, although most of her drawn out pauses were still very easy to spot. It was if Madison was turning into a completely different person, and that have been the case if she had different clothes on. The next day, she'll turn back into the normal, timid girl Madison Conner. Tonight, she was just Madison.
Namira

Post by Namira »

"Aw... not even snuggling?" Simon asked with a grin, then half shrugged. "I don't mind about that, 'sides, it would be a little weird. Sure, I guess there's such a thing as... uh, love at first sight, but that doesn't necessarily mean, um... you know," Simon looked down at this disabled arm and pulled his sleeve over it, concealing the old injury from view. It wasn't nice to look at, that was sure, Simon was just lucky that it didn't twinge on him, if it hurt as well as looked as bad as it did, then Simon would be truly miserable. With only the looks... it was bearable, he supposed.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Madison always found a special place for the fairy tales that she has always read when she was a child. Ever since the incident with Jeremy, true love seemed impossible when Madison thought of it. Still, it was very unbelievable. Simon was a nice person, which is why Madison felt a connection to him. That didn't mean that it was love at first sight, but... As the young girl sat on the couch, staring up at the boy whom she had just embraced, she couldn't help but to consider the possibility that maybe love was very easy to find. Or maybe her head was playing tricks on her. Madison wasn't fully sure of that, but if she had to guess, she would have picked the latter. Still, it was very nice that she had finally found someone whom she could consider more than just a friend, if anything else.

Madison laughed softly, once again completely out of her own character. "Okay, okay. Maybe we COULD snuggle just a bit. That's not what I'm talking about." Her former boyfriend had made a big deal over the idea of true love when he and Madison were together, and (as it turned out)he was a sex-craving dog. Madison still had her innocence intact, but the fact still remained that he was women as his little playthings. Even if Simon was the most honest guy on the face of the planet, he wasn't to get anything else other than kisses and hugs. Madison truly wished this wasn't the case, but sadly it was.

Return to “Clifton Court”