Give me a 'P'!

open! open! open!

Ah, the gym. It's the place where the nerdy population of the school get bombarded with dodgeballs, and the athletes flourish. The gym contains a weight room, various locker rooms, and other athletic fixtures.
RePeate†

Post by RePeate† »

Did what just happen actually happen? Is she really pulling this shit? One second she's uber pissed, then this "tag you're it" wierdness? I don't understand girls...

Neverthless, not wanting to change the mood of the seemily calm for now events, Gabe gave chase after Kara with a big smile plastered on his face. "I'm gonna get ya!" he shouted at her in a playful and excited tone. Maybe if he looked excited enough, she wouldn't revert back to her angry ways the way he feared. They loved each other, but to the outside observer, it didn't seem to show very much.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Even could cut the awkward tension with a knife. Courtney had asked him the most mundane and obviously uncomfortable question he'd heard only often with girls he'd hit on that had no interest in him.

"Yeah, I like all sorts of stuff. Techno, old rock, country, classical... everything..."

Ack, the stupid cop-out answer... you gotta pull yourself together Ev

"How about you? Did you see Nickleback when they came to town last weekend? I would have but my car crapped out on me. New tranny's gonna cost me almost a grand."

He was babbling again... always babbling...
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler RePeate. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

Nickleback? Eww!!

"Yea... I didn't get to see them either.."

Thank god.

Not sure what to do, Courtney suggested the two walk outside around back to see if Gabes car was still in the parking lot. As the two turned the corner, in the distance, Courtney made out what seemed to look like her cousin Kara running towards Gabes car with him not so far behind.

"Look, our ride is about the leave!"

Courtney made a dash, calling to Kara along the way not to leave.

---------------------

'Wait, don't leave!'

Kara looked up to see her cousin running towards her, with what looked like Gabes friend close behind.

Oh great.. just what I needed.. company and more company..

"Hey babe.. looks like we're driving the litter home."

Kara motioned for the others to come to the car before she herself climbed inside and adjusted her backpack so there'd be space.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler baby_g. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
RePeate†

Post by RePeate† »

Courtney and Evan climbed into the back of Gabe's car. Gabe shot Evan a "What the hell?" look as he climbed in, unsure of how he was dragging Courtney along with. Then it hit him: he told Evan he'd drive him back since his transmission blew up. It was a good thing Kara forgot her cellphone, he'd completely forgotten about Ev.

"Ok" said Gabe, buckling his seatbelt, "Where can I drop you guys off?"

(Evan/Gabe/Kara/Courtney Continued Elsewhere)
((Evan continued in Out on the Town and Out of the Closet))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler RePeate. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
laZardo†

Post by laZardo† »

Troy never had a "problem" avoiding Ds and Fs like the plague, let alone making the Honor Roll and making his parents and community proud. However it was the negative attention that he'd gotten from what he was doing in which he'd found the so-called "problem." It just didn't feel right to him when he saw people succeeding for rapping about shooting people and not actually doing the shooting (unless they got shot themselves to get much more fame, or the relatively-safer ballers who made the big bucks for the photo-worthy dunks.

In fact, he'd only look at his other still-nerd friend to realize how lucky he was to have gone down this path while he still could.

"Yeah, it's been a while. Y'all look like ya got outta the joint all right."

To Troy, it seemed perfectly natural for him to go "street," and if it bothered anyone, particularly "whitey," that wasn't his "problem" anymore. It was the right thing to do, or so he believed. Brad went to the joint, Tyrese Paramore got shot in true gangsta-hero fashion. He didn't expect to lose Brad's trust though. For all he knew, they were both gangsta-tough now (Troy not so much as he was expecting), and that should have been enough to cement their friendship for life. Brad's status might have nosedived to the rest of the student community, but it certainly went the opposite for Troy.

As soon as Brad was within an arm's reach of Troy, the gangsta held out his hand to take the ex-con into a traditional homie "dap." He was also giving a friendly, "grill"-free smile. Perhaps there was a bit of a nerd left in him, though it wasn't something Troy was likely to show as a baller.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler laZardo. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

If there was one thing that Brad had to adjust to during his time in the slammer, it would have to be all the 'gangsta' talk that about half of the inmates always seemed to use. Before he ever thought about going to jail at all, he never interacted with the tough looking people who used that sort of talk. In fact, he completely avoided these so-called gangsters altogether. As Brad saw it, less friends who act like that equals less trouble that he would get in. Besides, he always thought that he would never need this kind of 'gangsta' shit, that it would never actually become necessary for a nerd that Brad used to be. Oh, how wrong he was about that sentiment. Learning how to use this 'gangsta' is a requirement, if you want to get respect in jail. Speaking and acting like a 1800's Englishman in jail will only make you pick up the soap even quicker. Brad was glad he was a fast learner and made damn sure no one backed him into a corner in the shower, or he would have been violated. Jail wasn't exactly the rape factory Brad thought it was going to be(Never believe everything TV says), so that was a good thing. Jailmates still walked up behind the others, beat them over the head with a bar of soap, and have their way with him. That was kind of a given, though. People get really desperate to get laid when they're rotting in jail.

Damn... Now that I think about it, I'm a fuckin' lucky bastard that nothing like that ever happened.

There were still somethings that Brad hadn't learned, however. At the moment, Brad was cursing in his head, his hand extending outward. Shit... Brad took a wild guess, and slapped his hand against Troy's, hoping that 'that' was exactly what he was expecting. Jesus, real smooth, Brad. Hopefully I didn't screw that up.

"Yeah, I know. I look like fuckin' shit. Is it that obvious?" Brad let a sly grin cross his face, trying his best not to show that anything was wrong. He always knew Troy had braces, and even now they seemed to stick out, although this maybe because Brad knew the 'nerd' Troy, instead of the 'gangsta' Troy.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
laZardo†

Post by laZardo† »

Troy received the handslap, and deftly maneuvered his palm and fingers to complete the handshake, though he was a bit too concentrated on his own arm than the other. Brad didn't seem to fumble though, and the "gangsta" was impressed. If it weren't for his scrawny build and perhaps his overenthusiastic attitude toward things, Troy would naturally blend into the prison-gang environment, which he believed was actually worse than what was depicted on TV (because the FCC still draws lines, no matter how blurry.)

"Heh, well the joint isn't kind to nobody," Troy replied, "Honestly, I'm glad y'all got out all right." He was already forgetting the "nerd" Brad. "So...whatchu plannin' to do now, being exonerated and all that?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler laZardo. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Thank god I got that right. Brad said inside of his mind, trying his best not to mess up the handshake. I don't know what he would have done if I had messed that up... Brad heard Troy's asking him something, as Brad let his hand swing down to his side. He took a good moment to think.

"What I'm going to do?" Brad repeated to himself. Actually, the boy hadn't even thought to ask himself that question. What am I going to do? Well, obviously, he wanted to see his parents and his sister. Even though they were the first people he had seen when he got released, in reality he didn't actually spend much time with them (because he HAD to go to school, his mother told him). Of course, he wasn't going to go flat out and say this to Troy, fearing that he might actually get a good laugh out of it. After all, TROY was a full fledged gangsta' (or, at least Brad assumed this), and if there was one thing Brad remembered about his time in jail, it's best not to show any emotions that make you seem like a complete pussy. So he said something completely different.

"Well... no idea." he bluffed, (if one could call it that) Wow... great answer, Brad. Good job. Idiot. Troy will probably laugh at you for this one.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
laZardo†

Post by laZardo† »

Troy definitely laughed at Brad's reaction, but not too mockingly. After all, they were still sorta technically friends. By proxy, their parents were also friends and were one of the first to call the Kavanaghs and congratulate Brad's exoneration, though Troy acted - in a good way - like Brad was guilty. The guy clearly hadn't been raped in prison, which already meant that he was pretty dominant (or a prison snitch, but he never new Brad to be that type, nor did he come out of prison acting like he was one, given his current lack of emotion.)

"Ay, y'all just became a free man. There's gotta be something y'all wanna do...see yo' family, hit the town, score some ladies..." The last suggestion gave Troy an idea, and he smirked. "Maybe we could try workin' some magic on those cheerleaders over there," he added softly. "Girls love the tough guys and ballers."
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Brad gave a glance over to the cheerleaders, laughing inside of his head. Yeah... Troy is right. Girls dig jailbirds, and I look like one. Then again... Brad turned his head, looking back at Troy. I'm not sure if they'd go after Troy. I mean, he is a basketball player, from the looks of it, but... he's still Troy. Does that sort of thing follow you around, even when you change completely? If that sort of thing does travel with you, then what's the fuckin' chance I'll see any action. Even though he used to look down at Troy, Brad didn't really like to think badly of him. After all, the both of them (not to mention their parents) were pretty close before the faithful three months that Brad was gone. Troy looked and sounded different, but something in the boy's head kept telling him that his friend hadn't changed one-hundred percent. Now, he wasn't so sure.

"Cheerleaders?" Brad repeated to himself. When he thought of cheerleaders, he thought of beauties like Serenity Halos (whom Brad actually had a crush on before his sentence) and Kara Holmes (who Brad always thought of as a spoiled brat who always got what she wanted), the both of which were nowhere to be seen. Maybe that was because Brad was too far away to actually see, but anyone could see Serenity from a mile away.

"Well, maybe we should. Got nothing better to do, at least."
laZardo†

Post by laZardo† »

((Quick question, who's currently practicing right now? I'll edit this to include Troy's reaction when I get a list...))
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

(I'm... not too sure. o.o I actually thought it was canceled because only Kara showed up.

Wow... I walked right into that. Wow. I feel pretty stupid right now. )
laZardo†

Post by laZardo† »

Troy took a lay of the land...or rather the lay of the court. There weren't many cheerleaders left now that Kara left with her head-jock boyfriend, and they were all getting ready to leave or were leaving. Neither of them seemed to particularly interest the young baller at the moment. He rubbed the back of his neck as he tried to figure out what to do next. His next major assignment for English class (where he actually tried not to overuse Ebonics) wasn't due for a couple weeks, so he figured he could at least leave that to stew for a while.

"Looks like slim pickin's out hurr...I guess they all goin' to hang out someplace," Troy said before taking a sigh. "Maybe we could hang out there too, I ain't got much homework tonight."
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

((OOC: guys, I wrote that there were six girls, Kara let the practice end early once Gabe showed up. Read, it's up there.))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler baby_g. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

baby_g wrote:((OOC: guys, I wrote that there were six girls, Kara let the practice end early once Gabe showed up. Read, it's up there.))
(OOC : You know what's strange? I actually knew that ahead of time, and yet I still did that. Wow... sometimes, I can be a real ditz)

Brad simply looked down at the floor, sighing softly. Honestly, he didn't exactly CARE about following the girls, it was still kind of... disappointing. Brad didn't understand why, but he was kind of hoping that a cheerleader would at least notice him. Seeming as this wasn't going to be possible, or at least for the moment, the boy shrugged, looking over at the doorway, then back over to Troy. "I suppose we could... Or, you could take me wherever all the cool kids seem to hang out. We don't have to follow just the cheerleader, y'know."
laZardo†

Post by laZardo† »

"Heh yeah, there's all sortsa fish in the sea," Troy replied, slinging an arm over his new buddy's shoulder, "Ay, don't worry. Now that they cleared you, most people won' be scared." He often forgot to replace the 'air' sounds with 'urr's, but that didn't seem to bother him.

"C'mon, let's go."

((Troy continued elsewhere, AceBandit can post the both of them exiting.))
((Troy continued in Out on the Town and Out of the Closet))

Return to “Southridge Gymnasium”