Give me a 'P'!

open! open! open!

Ah, the gym. It's the place where the nerdy population of the school get bombarded with dodgeballs, and the athletes flourish. The gym contains a weight room, various locker rooms, and other athletic fixtures.
baby_g†

Give me a 'P'!

Post by baby_g† »

The gym had a crisp feeling to it as Kara walked through the doors, after school, for the first time to start up cheerleading practice. It had taken her a long time to get to where she know was as the leader. In grade 9 she was just another brick to the pyramid, in grade ten, a level up. It was last year that she really shown to the other girls proving herself that she could be the best, thus earning her co-capitan for the rest of that year and being named capitan for her grade 12 year. (That and her mom threatened the previous one.)

The only person who had really stuck with her through all four years and the squad was her bestfriend Serenity. Though, sometimes she wondered if her friend really had the 'oomf' that a real cheerleader should have... she just seemed too nice. All aside from that, she knew Serenity really had the moves, so she wasn't as worried. Another person that had been by her side was her boyfriend Gabe. He was cute and on the football team, so she was set as far as being popular went. Kara also enjoyed how she was able to get her way most of all the time with him as well. Infact, thinking of Gabe, she remembered that practice for him should be ending before hers so she'd have to make sure to remember to ask him for a ride home.

As Kara plopped her large bag holding her cheerleading socks, crisp white sneakers, waterbottle and clipboard on the bench near her she quickly kicked off her shoes and sweater revealing her cute little uniform. The top had a crew neck and was sleevless. There was a line deviding it on an angle from under the left side of her arm, across to her waist on the other side. The bottom was blue and the top was red, with REBELS written in blue just above the line also on an angle in the red half. The short skirt was blue with a 2-inch red hem on the bottom. It was manditory for all cheer girls to wear white socks and all white shoes and no jewels either. (Unless it was a promise ring of somesort.) Everyone also had to have their hair tied back, unless it was a special occasion, in which it had to be styled. The rules weren't that hard to abide by, and they kept the team looking nice and neat.

Kara looked around at her team. Not everyone was here yet, but she knew they would come. The doors to both sides of the gym were open, that way anyone could come in and sit down. If there was something Kara loved, it was showing off to people.

"Okay guys!" She yelled, motioning them to come in close as she pulled her clip board out of her bag.

"We'll go over some stuff first then we'll get started right away practicing the new moves for the game coming up this week. I hope you all brought your water bottles! Are there any questions?"

This is going to be a good practice
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler baby_g. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
laZardo†

Post by laZardo† »

((Continued from What's in the Past is History))

A distance across the gym from the cheerleaders were their natural counterparts - the athletes. The gym was the turf of the SHS Rebels Varsity Basketball team, and the row of championship banners hanging from the ceiling girders signified their presence...although the last banner was dated to 1996, when the football team started to get more "priority" in sports funding than the ballers. Still, they'd made the finals at least three times in the last decade, so they were never short on vigour and determination.

"Allright folks, great practice. Let's call it a day," grunted the coach, who somehow resembled Ken Carter. "One-two-three-"
"REBELS!"

The group huddle broke off and dissipated, mostly toward the locker rooms. Some time later, the members trickled out of the rooms toward their respective destinations.

One member however, a relatively smaller player compared to the others, instead went to the bench and slumped onto it, glancing at the court lines. This team member wore fairly baggy jeans and a Lakers jersey over a plain white shirt, with some mid-range sneakers to match (not his actual training or game sneakers though.) Anyone who'd seen him practice today would've noticed that he was definitely dedicated to his training, but Troy "Troy Mac" McCann (I really need to think up a more original nickname...) wore a look of game-losing disappointment on his face as he looked up at the switched-off scoreboard.

Troy sighed, trying to psyche up some inspiration for the game he'd be playing against San Adrian later this week. He was still mostly a benchwarmer for at least the first half of these games, and although people were taking notice when he was on the court, the coach didn't seem to be warming up quite as fast compared to other players on the team. Maybe it was because he wasn't quite as tall as Shaq or maybe it was just rookie issues. It was only his second season since the shooting inspired him to get into the sport.

Of course, this reminded him that he believed it was because wasn't ballin as much as he was 'ballin. But he'd worry about that later, right now he needed some refreshment.

It was as he spotted Kara Holmes that he realized that cheerleader practice was about to start.

Speaking of refreshment...

Troy took another deep breath and watched her prepare for her routine, causing him to mentally prepare his own routine for meeting her. It was a routine he'd rehearsed a number of times before (to little success), but the timing was a lot better. Kara's boyfriend wasn't around, so he could at least get to make her acquaintance (i.e. name and num-bah) and maybe even score a trip to the coffee shop. Of course, Troy shook the part about the coffee shop out of his head like a technical foul before he finished thinking up his plan. She was white and he didn't have a problem with that, but the coffee shop was a bit too white for his new tastes in pop culture.

He decided to leave that part for later as he got up to walk over to Kara, varsity gym bag slung confidently around his neck and shoulders. He made sure to deodorize himself thoroughly before he changed, so hopefully there weren't any unseen problems to deal with.

"Hey Kara, wha's happenin?" One could easily make out the ebonics in his accent, but Troy was keeping his voice just loud enough to be heard.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler laZardo. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

"Okay guys, there's only a few of us, so that just means you'll know this routine better than the others alright? Everyone, hair back and go change quickly and be back her in five."

The girls rushed to the change rooms as Kara commanded, being sure to have their uniform just right as well as their shoes sparkling. Along the girls was Courtney, Kara's cousin. This was her first year being a cheerleader at all, but as from what she was told she was doing a good job.

As Kara leaned over to pick up her water bottle, she was greeted by a tall young man who seemed to have come from a practice of some sort, judging from his gym bag around his shoulders. That didn't stop her from taking a long sip of water before returning any hellos.

"Hi, not too much, practicing a few new steps, and yourself? I'm sorry, but I don't think I know your name."

She admitted in her mind that he was a fairly good looking guy, then again, she always had a thing for guys who did sports. (Only the good ones of course. Mainly football, basketball, soccer and hockey.) "The girls are coming back, but you can sit over there on the bench if you want to watch."

First back was Courtney, followed by Sarah, Bethany, Amanda S., Amanda T., and Liz. Most of the girls were in grade 11, minus Courtney who was in grade 12 but she was new to it anyways. Kara was usually hard on the girls, but that was only because she wanted it done right and she wanted them to look good.

"Girls, I want two lines. Three and three. Amanda, Liz and Courtney, in the front please, and you three in the back. Make sure you have space. Ready? Right side step, turn, kick and hold. down SOFTLY! Don't stomp your foot on the ground! Okay, you know what, just scratch that. Turn to your left. Upstage arm reaching the sky, downstage on your hip. Move your hips in little circles down to the ground. Come girls, you all grind, I know you can do this."

As she gave the next couple steps completing a 10 step routine, she had the girls practice while she marks attendance on her clip board.

I forgot how frustrating being unexperienced could be.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler baby_g. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
laZardo†

Post by laZardo† »

Troy was briefly taken mentally aback by Kara not knowing who he was, but he understood. After all, he was still a relative unknown in the varsity sporting arenas here, and she was a cheerleader. It'd take some work before he made it into her league. Still, she was warming up, and that was definitely a start. It took him until she was finished setting up before he continued making his moves. Watching the other cheerleaders try to do their thing also helped speed up the process a bit.

"Just got outta practice," Troy replied smoothly, but trying not to smile too much. "My name's Troy McCann, but y'all can call me Troy Mac. Id've gone with T-Mac but that got taken."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler laZardo. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
RePeate†

Post by RePeate† »

Gabe opened the heavy gym doors to the cheerleading floor practice. He didn't let Kara know he was coming because she was always accusing him of never being spontaneous, and he loved proving her wrong about it. His clunky gym bag full of his football gear hung in his hand, and he pushed rather hard on the heavy doors as he tried to maintain stability. The doors opened to the vast floor of the gym, with Kara and her team all the way down at the other end. "Perfect" he thought, "I can surprise her now".

He dropped his gear at the door and proceeded to cross the gym, being sure to stay out of Kara's peripheral vision, until he came up just behind her. He could see the other girls (and guys) looking at him, but he motioned them to be silent. He moved up behind Kara in one swift motion and cupped her eyes with his hands. "Guess who?" he said with a big grin on his face. he didn't know why, but was feeling very affectionate today. So much so that he barely noticed the guy talking to her...
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler RePeate. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

"Guess who"

The sudden surprise of Gabe sneaking up behind her shocked Kara so much so that she dropped the clip board and let out a little squeel. She recovered quickly as soon as she realized who it was.

"Hi baby!" She said, turning to greet her boyfriend with a longer-than-necessary kiss on the lips. For a split second she almost forgot she was at practice.

"Ahem. Good. Okay girls, do it again, only now we'll put the music to it."

Kara walked to her bag and pulled out her mix cd, plugged in the cd player and skipped to track 5.

"This is an old school beat. You might not like it, but too bad. 'Bring that beat back remix' by Public Enemy. I know it's not what we usually do, but I figured this is a hot dance and this song would pump up the guys alright?"

"Um, Kara?"

"What Sarah?"

"I think I should be in the front for this one."

"Whatever, switch with Courtney then. I'll be right back."

Kara started the tunes as she grabbed Gabes hand leading him to the back hallways by the stage. Turning around slightly she gave a quick flirtatious waves to her new friend Troy before she opened the doors and closed them behind the two. Kara then wrapped her arms around Gabes neck.

"Finally! I've missed you all day!"
RePeate†

Post by RePeate† »

Gabe stood in the hall, his girlfriend's arms around him, a warm smile plastered on his face. "I missed you too babe. Thought I'd pay you a visit". He gave her a long kiss on the lips, wrapping his arms snugly around her waist and giving her a slight squeeze. His kiss was long and passionate, and his hands slid down and grabbed her small, round ass. "Damn, I love your ass so much" he said with a sheepishly innocent smile. "Arg, I just want to pull it off and put it on a plate and take a bite out of it!" As he said it, he made a very obvious chomp with his teeth and smiled more. He noticed as Kara let out a slight giggle at his actions, and it fueled him on further. He kissed her once again, this time slipping in some tongue while he slid one of his hand up her side and cupped her left breast over the shirt.

"Do I dare? What if we're caught?" he thought to himself...
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler RePeate. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Namira

Post by Namira »

((Just for reference if you're looking at Keiji's profile, Ignore the 'fight everybody thing' That'll be coming out if he ever makes V3))

"Hey Troy what's the hold up? I've been waiting for you!"

Anybody who had ever spoken to the owner of that voice would have identified him in an instant. It had the air of a puppy dog about it. Heck to all intents and purposes Keiji Tanaka was a puppy dog. Loyal, affectionate, innocent, not to mention naive, trusting and not too bright. It was a peculiarity of Keiji, surely nobody of his age could be so little world smart? But the student meandered on, his nature endearing but sometimes wearing.

Keiji was still wearing a basketball jersey but mercifully it appeared to be a fresh one rather than the sweat soaked garment he'd been training in. After everybody had split to the locker room Keiji had managed to wait three fidgetful minutes after getting washed up for Troy to arrive. After that his (admittedly rather pathetic) stocks of patience had expired and he'd gone out looking for Troy.

Keiji liked Troy, in all honesty he didn't really dislike anybody but the black basketball player was one of those he liked a little more than others. Keiji enjoyed playing basketball with him and liked to encourage him when he was looking down. He had noticed Troy with a bit of a sad face after training and had decided to wait for him. Now he was coming out after him.

With a bright smile Keiji waited for Troy to answer him, whilst his shining eyes skipped over the cheerleaders, who he offered a shy wave.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

If there was one thing Kara loved more than fooling around, it was fooling around with the risk of being caught. If someone were to walk in on them, say, a teacher, it'd probably be more than just a smack on the wrist and a "NO PDA" lecture. Stupid teachers were always trying to ruin her fun.

Gabes comment about her rear made her chuckle as she too reached down and gave his a playful squeeze. Kara allowed him to play around a bit before stepping back out of his reach.

"Gabe McCallum, I am a lady thank-you, and I have to get back to practice."

Leave him wanting more...

Kara exited through the doors they entered making her way back to her crew who were doing very well with the music and their routine.

"You can stay till we're done if you want," She called over her shoulder. "I need a ride home."
laZardo†

Post by laZardo† »

Troy didn't know if Kara had even started to reply before her boyfriend came in and swept her off her feet (and away from this playa.) He shrugged and turned away in disappointment while Gabe was chatting her up...only to find himself facing Keiji Tanaka, who looked all too happy - maybe a little bit too happy - to see him. To Troy, Keiji was always looking like something out of an animé, and he should know, being a bit of an otaku himself before his new cultural shift. It was something he'd come to find a bit annoying about the guy. Still, he was a teammate, and thus technically a homie, so he had to be courteous.

"Ay Keiji, just been trying to keep my game up over herr."
RePeate†

Post by RePeate† »

((OOC: Flashbacks in yellow, thoughts in italics from now on for me))

Gabe followed Kara back to the floor. He knew she was being a bit of a tease, but he had to admit he was loving it. Nothing drove him wilder than knowing he had the head cheerleader on his arm and knowing that he had to give chase when he wanted something out of her. It ensured things never got boring. Sure, sometimes she'd go too far and start hitting on men right in front of him, and more than once it landed him in a very risky situation. One time he swung at a guy she was hitting on, but missed and broke his knuckle. He couldn't help it. He was the jealous type, and his dating Kara was like throwing gasoline on a fire.

He strolled leisurely out to where she had resumed her practice sessions. He started eyeballing up the other girls on the floor.

That's right Gabe, fight fire with fire...

He wasn't sure is she'd noticed him doing it before he averted his attention to the two boys sitting and watching the ladies. At the moment they were engaged in conversation, but he knew earlier they were probably trying to get into Kara's pants. He knew the type. He's had to deal with them the whole time he and her were going out. You don't date the head cheerleader and not expect heads to turn anytime you walk down the hall with her, or sit in the food court at the mall with her. Some guys had the balls to make a pass while he was right in front of them. But in the end, though Kara was flirtatious and ran a jealousy game, he knew at the end of the day that she had picked him. Through all the chodes and sleeze that hit on her everyday, she'd chosen him, and now she loved him. And he loved her. He could remember that day so well...

11 months ago...

It was a stressful week for Gabe. He'd failed his last math test, and dreaded having to show his marks to his parents. They'd always expected so much from Gabe and his brothers, and he didn't think that kind of pressure was fair. He grudgingly trudged down the busy halls as students whizzed by him to their lockers. The lunch bell had just rang, and Gabe was headed down to his usual luchtime lineup spot in the cafeteria.

I hope it's chicken today, please let it be chicken today...

The lunchlady slopped a spoonful of meatloaf onto his tray.

...shit...

He grudgingly shuffled his tray down the line to the cash register, and broke a twenty to pay for his food. He pocketed the change, which bulged and jingled in his pocket, as he eyeballed the cafeteria hall for a free seat. His friends had gone to their houses for lunch again, and Gabe cursed that fact that he didn't have a car or live within walking distance of his house. He just wanted to plop on the couch and eat in peace today.

He scanned the room until he found a familiar face. It was Kara, a really cute girl from the party last Sunday night. He remembered it well. They were both pretty shitfaced and started making out on the couch before even knowing each other's last names. At least SOMETHING had gone right for Gabe this week. He grabbed a seat on the bench next to her.

"Hey..Kara...whats up?". He was pretty nervous. Even though they'd made out, Kara was drunk and very attractive, so she probably didn't think much of it.

"Oh, Gabe, hi... how are you?"

"Is it cool if I sit here?"

"Oh, yeah go ahead. I was just finishing up anyways".

Damn, missed my chance for some follow up

"Hey look", said Gabe, "I wanted to talk to you about Sunday". His mind screamed at him to stop, and to just let it go. But he felt like he had no control over his actions. Like some outside force was guiding his every move and word, and he had no choice but to sit there and watch. "I don't know what happened that night, but...uh.. it was pretty cool, I gotta say". He rubbed the back of his head, as he did when he felt sheepish about something.

"Oh...uh yeah, it was something alright.."

Dammit Gabe, you're losing her. She's getting weirded out. Play it cool.

"Look, I know girls like you don't give just any guys a chance. I know that , I'm not stupid. What I'm hoping is that maybe just this once, you weren't one of those girls, because the truth is last Sunday when we made out, I liked it... I mean, I REALLY liked it. It felt good, but more than that, YOU felt good. Holding you in my arms, looking into your pretty eyes. It felt really good for me. But you know what? We were drunk, and that's not right. I don't want things to get weird, as I'm sure they are right now because I'm spilling my feelings out like some chode, but I'd really like to have that again with you".

His heart raced.

"Look, Gabe, you're really sweet and all, but I just... uh, you see the thing is..." Kara replied, as Gabe cut her off.

"It's alright, I'd figure you'd say something like that. I just didn't want to pass it off as nothing, you know? I couldn't live with myself if I didn't take that chance. Anyways, I'm gonna swap out seats here, I think I've embarassed myself enough for one day". He let out a small fake smirk of discomfort and dissapointment and he got up from his seat.

"Wait, Gabe... I didn't say no..."

He turned around and stared deeply into her eyes, a look of pure exhaustion on his face. He could tell by her expression that she was probably taking pity on him, and so had just said that to save him some face. But as he looked at her more and more, he could genuinely see himself being happy with this girl. If pity was going to get him through the door, then that's how it would go down. He just wanted his one chance to prove he could make her happy. Damn what other people thought, this was his one chance, and he wasn't going to pass it up.

"Well look, if you're interested, I think we could restart all this. How about we meet up after school and I take you to dinner. I know it's corny, and kinda lame, but at the very least you'll get a free dinner and a story if things don't work out. How's that soud to you?" Gabe said, his heart now pounding to the point of escape.

Kara smiled a smile that seemed to scream "OK, I give up", and Gabe knew things would start to turn around for him...
Namira

Post by Namira »

"Alright then Troy, I was just seeing if you were okay, you looked a little down after that training session. What you up to now?"

Keiji could be rather irritating at times, like a young child clamouring for attention, and at some times he seemed to be more than a little stupid, at still other times he was remarkably astute. The truth of the guy was that he had a great body and great athletic prowess but at the cost of a considerable amount of brain power. Keiji seemed to think like a small child.

"Hey Gabe!" Keiji called across the gym as another familiar face entered, his attention immediately drawn, as it often was by the next new thing. Not all of his foucs went to the emergence of Gabe; he was still waiting for an answer from Troy after all.

((Continued in Determination))
laZardo†

Post by laZardo† »

"Like I said, jus' tryin' to keep my game up. Is' hard tryin' to be a balla and a balla at the same time," Troy replied smoothly. "Don't mind me bein all down an' shit though, pi-"

Troy cut himself off especially given that he was in the presence of Kara and her boyfriend. No jock would like to hear that their girlfriend's being pimped out, and "Mac" knew he was in too deep into his gangsta routine to screw up now. He looked at Gabe as Keiji called out to him. Both of them definitely seemed like they weren't the brightest links on the bling chain, but that always seemed to be compensated for by their physical strength.

"Is' a hard knock life, tha's all. That and San Ade's supposed to be the league champions, so the game's gonna be big."
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

Practice had been going on for a while now.. and though Kara didn't carry a watch with her, she assumed it had been the usual half hour they practice. Quickly Kara kicked off her white cheerleading sneakers and changed into her just as sparkling runners before packing up the audio and dismissing the gang.

"Babe, my bag is right by you, can you grab it before we go?" Kara asked, already walking away with the cd player and putting in coach's office.

"I hope you brought me some powerade or something... I'm dying!"

Taking a quick scan of the gym floor to make sure nothing was forgotten, Kara sighed in relief to practice being over and made her way over to her boyfriend. As they walked towards the doors, she made sure that the two were well out of ear shot and heading towards Gabes car before mentioning what was on her mind.

"You know, I saw the way you were looking at the girls... I don't know what you were trying to do, but it wasn't funny."
RePeate†

Post by RePeate† »

Gabe was caught off guard by Kara's comment. He could feel this to be the beginning of a long and arduous argument he could never hope to win. Even if he tried to ignore it, she'd just get mad at him for ignoring her. Sometimes it really sucked being a dude.

"What? Oh come on sweetie, I was just watching the routine. You don't think I'd be setting my sights on them when I've got your pretty face to look at, do you?"

That's right Gabe ol' boy, kill 'em with kindness...

"I mean, why go for burgers when you've got steak at home?" Shock crossed his face for a breif second. "Not that I'm saying you're a cow... or a piece of meat for that matter... it's just the, uh... expression". He panicked. This wasn't good. If he knew his girl the way he was sure he did, she would pick up on his nervousness and probably exploit it.

He hated to say it, but sometimes she could be a real bitch like that.

Return to “Southridge Gymnasium”