Run on Forever

Built on a large hill overlooking the beach, Oceanview Terrace is a well-to-do neighborhood with its share of affluent and cultured individuals. A lot of "old money" lives in Oceanview, whereas most of the new money has opted to move out onto the Island instead. People do crazy things to live in places like Oceanview, and it's a regular sight to see people with beautiful houses practically devoid of any furnishings for its inhabitants living above their means.
Ciel†

Run on Forever

Post by Ciel† »

((Madison Conner continued from One Bagged Lunch))

At night, when most of the student, Madison Conner always felt so calm. So carefree. Especially if one were to lay on the large hill overlooking the beach, with nothing around but you and your thoughts. Somehow, this is the sort of thing that Madison has been doing recently. The hill near the Oceanview Terrace, while big, was smooth enough for the girl to lay down on, so she was perfectly content to stay there. Madison noticed that her eyes were becoming slightly heavy, but she pushed that aside.

The house both she and her mother had just moved into was one of the smaller houses along the Oceanview Terrace, but it was still rather big. Madison wasn't sure how her mother could have ever afford to move into such a lovely home, and every time she would ask, the subject would change suddenly. Elana, obviously, didn't want to talk about the specifics, and gave her daughter a simple answer, "From the savings." Even though it was rather vague, Madison bought the excuse, like she always did. The girl was gullible like that.

At least Madison had made SOME friends in her time in Highland Beach, despite the fact that she had only seen the both of them once. Lacus and Simon. The both of them seemed rather nice. Lacus seemed like a talkative girl, the kind that Madison was always seen attached to. Simon seemed rather nice, and rather quiet as well. This got Madison to thinking. Maybe I should... put myself out there more. Talk to people more, get involved. It was so easy talking to both Simon and Lacus, so I... think it might be easy if I... just tried to open... up... Madison suddenly became really drowsy, her whole world somehow become a Tilt-a-Whirl ride. Madison laid her head back against the ground, her hand feeling her forehead as her eyes actaully started to move in small circles. I feel like... I'm... going... to....

And then slowly, Madison felt herself drift off to sleep.

O.0.o.O.0.o.O.0.o.O.0.o.O.0.o.O.0.o.O.0.

"Hey, Sam."

"What is it?!!"

Madison eyes closed tightly, shivering slightly. Whenever she thought about Sam just before the incident made her feel so cold. Lifeless.

"Is... something the matter?"

"It's nothing... nothing at all. Don't worry about it."

"Well... I think I'm going to the prom."

"You know, Madison... Alot's been happening with me."

"What sort of things?"

"I... don't think you should know."

"You can tell me anything. I'm your friend aren't-"

"I Said I Don't Think I Can Tell You!"

Madison cringed slightly, rolling onto her side, shaking even more violently.

"I... think I'm going to the prom, Samantha. Will I see you-"

"I have to go. I'll see you later, Madison."

Madison woke up suddenly, jerking her whole body upwards. She felt a single sweatdrop fall down the side of her head, her hands trembling like crazy. For the past two weeks, Madison has had the same, exact dream and every time she woke up the exact same way. The girl, one of her shaking hands pressing against her heart, began to pant heavily, like one would do if they had just ran about a mile. She looked around the hill, hoping no one had noticed her sleeping there. Why am I having this dream? Of all the things I could thing about, it'd have to be... this. Madison wiped a tear from her eye, her other arm wrapping around her legs. Why? Is it trying to tell me something? Why...The girl looked down at her body. Her normal ripped jeans have now been replaced by a pair of black shorts. Normally they would run down to her knees, but her shorts were pulled down slightly, just about enough to see her panties. With a slight blush, she pulled them back up, really hoping that no one was around to see that. After she fixed her shorts again, Madison pulled at her shirt, pulling it over her waist, covering her pants. She wiped another tear from her eye, either from exhaustion or from the thought of Samantha's suicide.

Madison picked herself up, standing on both of her feet. What time is it? Madison peered over, looking at the short clocktower at the side of the road. It was too far away to tell which hand was which on the clockpiece, but she knew that one was pointing at 5, and another one at 2. Madison then looked into the black, depressing sky. There were clouds overhead, but the girl could make out the stars. Can't be 5:00 in the morning. Then it has to be... 12:25 Madison wiped her right eye again, sniffing softly. Can't believe I let myself fall asleep like that. Don't think I can go back to sleep now. The brunette just stood there for a minute, looking out into the ocean, slightly illuminated from the moon, which looked to be as cheerful and jolly as it always appeared.

Madison didn't know what came over her at that moment, but started to run. Quickly, with absolutely no hesitation, Madison began her descent down the hill, her bare feet landing onto the sands that seemed to run on forever. Madison wasn't too sure why, but she wanted to see how far the beach will take her. She didn't question herself at all. She just ran. And ran. And ran.

((Madison continued in The Mind of Angelic Ones))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “Oceanview Terrace”