The Beast and the Harlot

Start of B53 - Open to Baby_G

A winding river runs through the eastern portion of the island, providing much needed water and flourishing the island with life. There's a very large dam near the northern inlet, keeping a good deal of the ocean water from rushing into the river while letting some in so the thing doesn't dry up. Without this "filter dam", the river would've flooded out of control years ago. Near the southern part of the island, an old and withered bridge, forgotten decades ago, stands. The bridge is wooden and is slowly beginning to decay, giving the humanized wilderness surrounding it a rather eerie feel.
Ares

The Beast and the Harlot

Post by Ares »

"DRINK SOME FUCKING WATER!"

Those were the last words Steven remembered before he passed out.

A groogy groan emitted from the now once again concious body of Steven Smith.

What's going on? He thought to himself as he stood up to check out his surroundings. He was on the bank of a river surrounded by forest. He also found that a pack had been placed at his side. He quickly opened the pack to find a guidebook, a medical kit, flashlight, food, water and a...

Gun? Why would they give me a gun? I don't even know how to use a gun.

Steven placed the gun back in the bag, as he grabbed the guidebook. He looked through it twice, for the first time, he could not believe what he was reading. The book had answered his question about the gun.

We have to kill each other? I can't kill another person. This is unfair, this is cruel, and this is un-Godly.

Throwing the book back into the bag in disgust, Steven checked to see if they had left him with any of his personal belongings. He was disappointed to find they had taken everything except the clothes off his back. Steven then sat back down on the river bank, thinking about the events leading up to his being here. Gradually everything came back. The man molesting and murdering Mrs. Saranna, while the other man murdered the other teachers. Then Steven remembered the video.

Steven looked around for a few moments. Finally, his eyes came to rest on a small camera.

They really did put us here. The bastards. How could they do this? We are just kids. We have lives. We have futures. This isn't fair. They can't really expect us to kill each other can they? I mean who would really kill their best friend

Steven began to tear up thinking about the possibility of death. After a minute or two, he composed himself, rose up, to a kneeling position, put his head down, and began to pray.
Stuff. Things. Stuff and things.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

((Continued from Natural Disaster...))

How long have you been walking for now Ness? You're tired... I should take over.

"Shut up, Van, you and I both know you're just a voice inside my head! It's not like you can actually do anything! For your information, I'm NOT tired and I'm not going to be."

Vanessa was her usual self inside Nessy's head. Telling her what to do, what to say, how to act. Nessy would always have to fight the feelings, yet she always wondered what it would be like if she was like Vanessa. Would people like her more? Maybe she'd actually have some friends around here.

Nessy had been walking for a while, and already used up one of her water bottles. Once she got to the river, she was going to wash her hair and most likely dig herself a hole to curl up in. It wasn't till she made it past the clearing of some of the trees that she noticed a young man sitting near the waters edge. He didn't look dangerous, more so just alittle upset.

If anything, she figured he couldn't really consider her a threat. She had been wearing her weapon on her hand now for the whole time walking. If she played it cool, she might make a friend.

People are always willing to make friends with anyone when they know they're about to die...

"Oh shut up!"

Nessy made her way towards the fellow, trying not to make it seem like she was sneeking up on him. When she got to about 15 feet, she softly said her greeting she had been debating over in her head.

"Ahem... Hi, I'm Nessy, and you look lost."

Lame!
Zip it!
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler baby_g. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ares

Post by Ares »

"Ahem... Hi, I'm Nessy, and you look lost."

Steven jumped at the sound of the voice.

Holy hell. He thought.

Now came the debate of whether to reply to the girl. She appeared ragged. On top of that something inside him was telling him that a girl walking around a forest with an oven mitt on may not be the most stable person. Against his better instincts he replied to the girl.

"Hi. My name is Steven."

A brief silence encurred. The decision to pursue the conversation weighed on Steven's mind.

"Do you know which area this is? I didn't see a map in my bag." He said with just the slightest hint of hesitation in his voice.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

The river you dumbass...

"Uh, you're at the river... my map is kinda dirty.. you can use it if you want." She said as she rummaged through her bag and held it out to him.

Him not being completely repelled by her, comforted Nessy slightly. Not wanting him to lose interest, Nessy felt she should keep the conversation going as long as possible. So, without really thinking, she blurted out the first thing she thought of.

"I have no friends."

DAMNIT!

Nice one fatty!

"I mean... um...."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler baby_g. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Steven was slighty taken aback by the girl's comment. The comment made him think of his life before this whole thing happened to him. He hadn't had any friends either.

"It's ok. I understand. People can be cruel. I myself find it hard to trust people,"  Steven said, hoping that it would in some way help the girl, "It can be hard on us when we are made to feel left out."

Man, Dr. Phil. Anything else you want to add while you're at it? Just ask her for her map and figure out a way away from the river.

"I'd like to take you up on that offer to see the map."

He took a few strides forward and took the map. He retreated back to where his bag was and sat down.

"Hmm. Well, since this is the only river, and the guide book said we only get that water in the bags, people may come here out of thirst. And if what the book says and what happened in the video I saw are true, I'd like to stay away from other people for the time being. If you'd like we can try and get to somewhere safer. I would prefer to make for this Church on the map. I doubt many of the bastards I went to school with will bother with a religious symbol like Church."
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

You're not really buying that talkshow host shit, are you?

But he means it! I can tell!

He doesn't mean shit all! Look at him! If he didn't have friends, it's because he didn't want them. You on the other hand, had no choice. You're just ugly!

Nessy knew they should probably head away from the water, being as kids would be stopping by, and most likely not be as nice as she was. Then again, it's not like she could ever really be mean.

The church...

"The church.... Wait! No, you can't!"

Oh who cares? He's nothing to you anyways!

Vanessa, I swear to god, get out of my head!

"You can't go, it's a hot zone, to say. If you go, you'll explode!"
Ares

Post by Ares »

"Explode? What? I didn't see anything in the book about exploding churches"

Steven frantically searched the guidebook. He found it and realized that a few pages had stuck together. He quickly spread them and began reading about the collars. When he was done reading he dropped his head.

Shit. The bastards take me away from my home and now they take me from my sanctuary

"Shit. Well, we could always try for the Hospital. We may be able to get some supplies you know."

Steven knew it was their best bet at the moment.

"So, how did you know the Church would make my head explode? Did I miss one of these 'annoucements' this book talks about?"
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

"You could say that."

Nessy grabbed the empty waterbottle and filled it up with the water from the river. Maybe she'd have a chance to clean up a bit later. She just wanted to get some of the filth off.

"So, what's your story? If I may ask?"

Although Nessy probably wouldn't leave to see the end of this thing, she still hoped she could make at least one person see that she wasn't a monster.

News flash sweet heart, you ARE a monster. We've been over this... Honestly now.
Ares

Post by Ares »

"Well my school was taking a trip to the Bahamas, and two guys hijacked our plane and knocked us out with drinks. I don't remember much other than that."

Steven thought it better at this time to not bring up the other details of what happened on the plane.

We're wasting time with this small talk. I have to get us moving away from here

"Look. Not to sound pushy but we really should get moving. Like I said before, this will be a hotspot for players, and since the danger appears to be real, I want no part of them. We'll make for the hospital. Let me pack up my things."

Steven began to put everything back in his pack. He then stood up, picked up the bag, slung it over his shoulder, and walked toward the girl. As he took his first step, he looked down and saw the handle of the Colt Python sticking out from the bag. He quickly stuffed it back in the bag, hoping the girl didn't notice.  The last thing he wanted was for the girl to think that he was going to hurt her.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

Nessy began to walk at his pace, not wanting him to think that was was going to be lagging behind and slowing him down what not. As she watched him before, when he was putting everything back into his bag, she notice something useful. He appearently got a gun of some sort for his weapon.

Guns weren't really her favourite thing in the world, nor did she even know how to handle one. They seemed heavy, and bulky. Every time she had seen them on T.V., the person holding it was either a cop, shooting at a bad guy, or a bad guy shooting at a cop. The end results were never good, and someone always ended up dead. Oh, death. It wasn't so much death itself, but more the fact she knew she wasn't going to make it on this island that scared her. She started wondering about how someone might kill her. Maybe a push of a cliff. Would she feel it?

There was a bit of an awkward silence floating in the air now, due to Nessy being wrapped in her own thoughts. She needed to think of something to break the ice, once more.

"Camping trip..."

There you go just blurting things out again...

"I mean, my class, we were on a camping trip. I was really excited for it... but at the same time kind of scared. I wasn't sure how the whole cabin thing was going to work out. Most likely, I'd end up kicked out by the other girls..."

Nessy found herself opening up to this young lad, and it seemed like he was actually listening. Even though it was to soon to tell if she could consider him a friend or not, he was acting like one, and that in itself comforted her.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Steven was barely listening to the girl as they continued on, as he was trying to move fast. He did hear the last part of what the girl said about the cabin.

This seems like a girl who could use religion the way I have. I mean she seems to be seeking someone to confide in.

"I can understand what you are feeling, being as I wasn't exactly Mr. Popular around my school either. However I found someone who would listen to me anytime I wanted. I found the Lord. Ever since then I have been able to confide my deepest and darkest feelings to Him, and He is return has asked for nothing. I do not know your personal stance, however, as much of a cheap plug as this sounds, heh, you should maybe loook into attending Church."

Dr. Phil strikes again.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

You're kidding me right? Church? Fuck Church! What have they ever done for you? Nothing! That's what! Nothing! Nessy, if you don't start telling this guy to get with the facts, I'm going too!

"Um.. well, you see.. I'm not really the church, or 'Lord' type I guess. It's more like... well... more like... complete bull shit!"

Fuck!

"Uh... I mean.. Sorry, that came wrong.."

Maybe he didn't heard that...
Ares

Post by Ares »

Complete bullshit!? This struck a nerve with Steven.

"Pardon me? This "bullshit" as you just so affectionatley called it happens to be why I am the person I am. If you don't like my choice in life, or religion itself, by all means that is your choice. However, I will not tolerate you badmouthing it. If you want my help here then from now on you will watch what you say and if you don't like that, then fuck off."

Steven spoke the last words with utter distain. He knew deep down, that the girl could not possibly know how religion had helped him, but the blatent insult had caught him off guard.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

Fuck off? Fuck Off?? I'll give you something worth saying fuck off to!

Nessy found her head feeling very heavy. She knew that she had just made Steve upset with what was just said, yet she couldn't help it. Before, Vanessa was just a voice in her head, yet, now she actually got one of her words out! This couldn't really be going on! In means to try and calm Vanessa down and say sorry to Steve, she lost track of who she was talking too.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean... wait. Jesus, why'd you have to say that out loud damnit?

This prick is a fucking loonie!

"You're one to talk, shut the hell up!"

There is was. The second slip. If memory served her correct, this had happend only once before. She was six years old, and the total number of slips that day were five. She got the leather whip three times that, to try and teach her better.

"I'm sorry, Steve, I'm just tired... of your fucking stupid ideas. Honestly, where the hell do you get off pushing your damn 'religion' on me?"

Third slip. Nessy couldn't place what was going on. Her body went into panic mode, and she felt like a tone of bricks were weighing her down. She couldn't move anymore, nor did she even try. Every second in her panic, she felt herself drift further from her present state.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Screw this. She wants to throw a hissy fit, she can do it away from me.

"First off, it was a suggestion. It ain't my fault that you have no friends. It ain't my fault people shun you. Maybe next time try not approaching someone with a damn oven mitt on your hand. I was going to try to help you not kill you, but now that you want to be a prissy little snot, you can find your own off this island, alone." Steven said angrily.

Steven then turned around and began to walk toward Nessy. As he passed her, he threw her angry look and bumped her shoulder hoping to knock her out of the way.

Return to “The River”