Solo Queue

Open

Meandering trails wind around the length of the northern coast. Originally meant as trails for bikers, the packed soil of the trails offers safer travel to those who find themselves in the dense forests. Signs with guiding arrows still stand, pointing lost souls back to the entrance.
BROseidon†

Solo Queue

Post by BROseidon† »

((Matt Vartoogian continued from Interstice of Time))

Matt was now alone. Again.

He had spent the rest of day two moving towards the lighthouse. He'd gotten separated from everyone else during the escape, and Brianna had called out for them to go to the lighthouse, which was a good ways away. Matt had never anticipated that Brianna had just pulled something out of her ass, so Matt had been pissed as fuck when he'd found the lighthouse empty when he got there towards the end of the second day. And then after the next announcement, the place had been declared a danger zone.

Great. Fucking great. The only saving grace was that he'd been right. Jaq and Joachim had killed Carmina, and they were huge threats. At least, in all of this, his perceptiveness was still in tact.

Now Matt was alone, wandering the bike trails up north. His food was doing okay, but he was going to need to slow down. People were dying a bit more slowly than he'd anticipated, and he'd need to make his food stretch a day or two longer than he'd anticipated.

What Matt lacked now was a plan. He was without a group and without a gun. He was virtually defenseless against the big guys out there. Theo had managed to score himself another gun, but with that came a bigger target. Matt would have to keep hiding. Hide behind the people like Theo, who would attract the attention.

Maybe in his hiding, he could pretend he wasn't just as far in the wrong as Theo.

Matt kept wandering, and eventually stumbled upon someone lying in the dirt. As Matt approached, he recognized Daniel.

Oh.

Daniel had died, hadn't he? Matt could make out the blood stained earth now.

But he had a bag, and supplies with it. Matt zipped open Daniel's bag and dug through it until he found a few of the ration bars. While the bread sure tasted better, Matt knew that the energy bars would last. He pulled two of them into his bag. Food was now much less of an issue.

A sinking darkness entered Matt's chest again. He was looting from the dead. Daniel's death was ultimately necessary for his survival anyways, but it still felt wrong.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler BROseidon. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

((Joe Carrasco continued from Dyspnoea.))

Where were they?

Joe had seen people. All from a distance. He'd only watched long enough to see if they were Travis or Marcus before leaving again once he realised they weren't. It was easy to tell. Marcus was pretty short, and Travis... well, he'd know Travis anywhere. So he'd wasted the day running about the island, shouting like an idiot or hiding and staring at people like a stalker before running off again.

And now he was back up at the northern end of the island. There had been a weird notion in his head to check the lighthouse so he could have a look at the view and maybe spot one of his friends from afar. But he'd only remembered halfway over that it was a danger zone.

The longer he jogged, the more anxious he felt. Because it just felt like time was slipping through his fingers. Any second, Theo or Miles or someone could find the others. Any second, someone could pull the trigger of a gun.

He found something comforting about the bike trails, though. He wished he had his bike. Maybe someone had abandoned a bike here. But would it be rusted through? Probably.

There was someone nearby, crouched on the ground. As Joe got closer, he recognised the guy from his chemistry class. But it wasn't Travis or Marcus. Nor Theo or Miles. So Joe didn't really have time to stop.

But there was a dead body there, too. One whose head looked like it had half-exploded and whose leg had been ground up by bullets.

He thought he might be used to bodies by now. After Jason and Dan... but the sight gave him the shakes and made the bile rise in his throat. Had the guy there murdered him? Why else would he be going through the other boy's things, the murderer would have taken them.

"Hey!" Joe half-yelled, half-squeaked at the boy. "You... what are you... hey!" He clung to his bag tightly, holding it like it would block bullets.

Running would have been a better idea.
BROseidon†

Post by BROseidon† »

Matt recognized the stuttering buffoon that had called out to him. Hadn't Joe killed somebody? Shot him, if Matt recalled correctly.

Matt had finished moving a few of the bars from Daniel's pack into his own, so he stood up and turned around.

"Hey Joe. Got a problem?" Matt said. Joe's inability to articulate anything had always bugged him in classes, but he'd never been mean to the guy. It would have been pointless back home. Out here, there was no reason not to be a bit more firm. He wasn't going to put up with trying to communicate with someone who couldn't speak.

Matt eyed the area to find the shortest path into the trees, in case Joe pulled out the gun he used to kill. Maybe he could play his cards right and get the gun.

It was a shame Matt didn't know that Joe didn't have it.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler BROseidon. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Riki

Post by Riki »

[Aileen Aurora Abdallah continued from Big Stick Ideology]

To act on the British tradition of understating everything, one may describe Aileen as being not amused. After that grotesque scene between Summer and Naomi something worse happened, something that actually burdened Aileen more than she thought before. Owen abandoned her. He saw Summer, Naomi's corpse, her... and he decided to run. Betray her. Leave her for the worms. Well, of course Owen was not really malicous. Even Aileen knew that, but still. It stinged. To be abandoned by the only one person whom she trusted. But it just went to show what this island does to what once were fellow classmates.

To sum it up, day two has been a complete disaster. Nothing went right. Just bullshit and catastrophes everywhere, which lead to Aileen having not much sleep, and also bad sleep. Of course, it may had to do with the fact that she sleeped on a moss-covered stone, which certainly was not good for her back.

When the announcements came on the next morning, Aileen had a hard time listening. She understood what was being said, but she hardly cared about anything that happened. The only thing that spiked her interest was Summer's... reward, which angered her a bit. However, Owen was still alive, which she was glad for.

Eventually, Aileen gained some optimism. After such a horrible day, the next ones could only be better. In fact, she was convinced that all she had to do is to be... well, Aileen. Be the ravaging fury that burns down everyone who stands in her way. Be straightforward, determined, confident. Talk as if you learned speaking with a thesaurus. Yes, especially the last one. Important for building impressions.

And then she'd find Owen, get good equipment, kill Summer - Which was completely correct to do in Aileen's eyes, which sorted the problem of having to kill at least one person to survive - and then...

---

Two people appeared eventually. Matt Vartoogian, who she did not liked, and Joe Carrasco, who she found cute but alas he was a killer and... actually that did not lower her desire to cuddle with him. When she got his weapon, of course. That might be useful. Great, the time was ready for some good ol' Aileen action.

"Greetings, fellow wayfarers."

She swaggered to the pair, obvilious to any conversation they were holding.

"Such copacetic clime! Alas, the state of affairs leaves scads of, er..." She had to think briefly about a synonym for "things". "scads of chattles and conditions to be desired."

It was just now that she noticed the corpse of Daniel on the ground. Well, that was not a pretty sight, but not of much importance. Though speaking about the lovely weather may look weird now. Hm, may. As if Aileen cared anymore about that.
Gervais Frans Lambotte 🎵 Blue Jeans and Bloody Tears 🎵 Martini-Henry Rifle MkIV Pattern
||Selection|Clicks|Lonely|
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
O B014 Joachim Lovelace - Ballistic Knife, MP 18, Obsidian Knife - "It doesn't matter. They lost, he lost, I'll lose. That's the nature of the game."
O G042 Aileen Aurora Abdallah - Pair of MMA Gloves, Golf Club & Table Leg -
B059 David Zimmer - Sabre -
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

"Umm..."

Joe stared reproachfully at Matt (remembering his name after he spoke, because the voice helped jog his memory) and winced at his slightly aggressive phrasing. He clung to his daypack tighter, but managed to speak. Because the aggressive phrasing, combined with the physical evidence, confirmed in his mind that Matt must have killed the boy on the ground.

"Yes, I... I do." Joe's eyes flickered back to the corpse before quickly looking away. He didn't want to throw up right now. Instead he peered at Matt over his daypack, eyes narrowed. "I do. ...Not that I can do much about it, so... uh, you know."

A girl turned up. Joe didn't recognise her by sight. But once she spoke, it clicked. Not because he had any personal experience talking to the girl. But because he remembered Travis ranting about a, in his own words, 'stupid bitch that kept using big words to sound smart, like it made her better.' While Joe thought that was an overly cruel description (nevermind the rest of the rant Travis had been on, which had been even fouler) Joe couldn't imagine that many people were so elaborate in their everyday vocabulary.

He wasn't sure what a lot of the words she used meant. He'd never heard the word copacetic before. Joe looked at the ground and mumbled an incomprehensible greeting. Aileen hadn't been on the announcements or crouching near and looting dead bodies. She was probably okay. But that just made the idea of properly speaking to her scarier.
BROseidon†

Post by BROseidon† »

"You know, what, exactly?" Matt was getting miffed. If Joe had something to say, the fucker should have just come out and said it. Maybe he could grow a fucking spine before he died.

"Look, I'm not in a good mood. I was held at gunpoint yesterday after running into the most prolific killer in this goddamn place. I don't fucking need to deal with you 'having a problem' but being too much of a goddamn pussy to put together a cogent sentence." Hopefully that wouldn't go too far. Joe might have had a kill to his name, but he seemed as spineless as ever.

And then that annoying voice had to show up. Great. Matt hated Aileen for many reasons. She was arrogant, unwilling to admit when she was wrong. She used big words and spoke like she was from the 1500s because why not. She just sucked, and was not somebody Matt wanted to see.

"Oh, hey Aileen," Matt said, the venom on his tongue still growing.
Riki

Post by Riki »

Hm... something told Aileen that the situation was somewhat tensed. Maybe. Which was quite understandable. After all, Aileen herself was aggravated. But at least she handled it like a responsible person. She would never vent her anger at somebody else. People who disagree with that merely spread lies and slander. Obviously.

Anway, there were two boys before her who were not particularly talkative. That was a bit inconvenient, but as if that would stop her in the slightest. She had clear goals in her head, which meant that she would ask them if they saw Owen now. And who knew, if she really stumbled into an ensuing conflict, she might get on Joe's good side.

"Sooooo...." She clasped her fingers. "I do hope that I have not disrupted a confabulation of significance, but I must catechize the whereabouts of a certain Owen Kay. He has gone astray after we witnessed Summer Simms devouring Naomi Bells."

Cannibalistic students were always such a good icebreaker.
Gervais Frans Lambotte 🎵 Blue Jeans and Bloody Tears 🎵 Martini-Henry Rifle MkIV Pattern
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
O B014 Joachim Lovelace - Ballistic Knife, MP 18, Obsidian Knife - "It doesn't matter. They lost, he lost, I'll lose. That's the nature of the game."
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

Joe was feeling more judgmental of Matt by the second. A bad mood? Was that his justification for standing over a corpse? But despite this, he didn't say anything. Because he realised with a strange jolt of energy that Matt had seen Theo.

"Ahhh... um..."

Joe turned to Aileen first. As much as he wanted to ask where Theo was, she had asked questions first and was being a lot nicer, and he felt bad that he couldn't help her more. Even though the mention of cannibalism freaked him out. He had to pause for a few moments just to keep it together. Cannibalism? From his classmates? How would... who would... why? Eugh, just... why?

"I... I, um, I don't think I suh... saw him." Joe focused his gaze on Aileen's black boots as he spoke. He didn't actually know who Owen was... he could have been that boy from yesterday who was helping the other girl bury Jason. It was unlikely, but just in case he added, "I saw... a boy with, um... greasy, buh... brown hair. Kinda... gaunt. Didn't get his... his name. Not... him?"

He couldn't think of a way to ask about the cannibalism without feeling weird. ...He probably didn't want to know. So he looked back at Matt, looking up from the ground again and his voice getting steadier once Aileen was out of his vision.

"I'm sorry for annoying you. And for being disturbed that you ground up that... him..." Joe waved one hand at the general area of the body while trying not to look at it. He felt like he should do something about that. Poor guy just lying there... "Ground up his leg with bullets. Because... you know... I should still be nice because you're in a bad mood. And that makes it all okay."

Wow, that did not come out sounding genuine. Probably because it had been a terrible attempt to call a truce before asking where Theodore was. Damage was done, so immediately afterwards, Joe blurted out in a rush, "Where did you see Theodore?"
BROseidon†

Post by BROseidon† »

What the fuck was Aileen asking? Something about Owen? Where he was, maybe? That's what the answer Joe replied with seemed to indicate. Matt would've hated Aileen a lot less if she didn't use the most fucking ridiculous words all the time.

Also what the fuck cannibalism? Were people eating each other? The eff?

"No, I haven't seen him, either. Sorry." Matt wasn't going to say more than necessary. Aileen was not someone he could count among allies.

Then Joe spilled it out. He thought he did this to Daniel? What? He had just gotten there. The body had been like this the entire fucking time.

"The fuck, dude? No, I didn't do jack shit to Daniel's corpse. He was fucking dead when I got here. Maybe you fucking remember from the announcements. Or maybe you were too catatonic from having been on them, too." There was no way Joe was a killer. Nothing had changed in him, the kid still lacked fight and lacked a spine. Getting this gun would be too easy.

"How about this: I tell you where Theodore is if you can show me you aren't going to pull a gun on me. Last time I checked, you're the one who shot someone, not me."
Riki

Post by Riki »

These were not really great results. Joe had not seen Owen and the boy Joe described was probably not Owen, given that she did not remember Owen to be gaunt or anything similiar. Matt was even less helpful. Disappointing, to say the very least. But on to plan B.

Aileen slowly figured out what exactly the topic of the boys discussion was. For one, Joe was also searching for a person, namely Theodore. Aileen figured that his reasons were similiar to why she seeked Summer. That is, as a means for anger venting. Or revenge, which sounded more poetic. Eitherway, poor Joe thought that Matt was the one who killed Daniel. Aileen recalled that asshole-cowboy was at fault for Daniel's demise, but that was not an information she felt like sharing for the moment. Additionally, Matt verbally attacked Joe, announcing his appereance on the...er, announcements, as well as citing that Joe has a gun, which apparently means Joe is not to be trusted.

Excellent.

"I did not lay gaze on Theodore in the two days that passed."

Aileen slowly went over to Joe untill she stood at his side, her hands pressed against her hips. A magnificent plan was forming in her head. She would defend and justify Joe, while getting Matt to leave, and therefore stop harassing Joe. In gratitude, the boy would not shoot Aileen and in fact offer to make an alliance, as Aileen was obviously useful. If that would not be enough, she would have to use her sex appeal. What could go wrong? Matt attacking her in rage? Ha, he is outnumbered!

"Now, Matt... I, from the perspective of an interloper to this exchange of words, can only conclude that you are the bellicose discussion partner. Your disposition, mimics, gestics, speech of pattern only reinforce my conclusion that you merely want to harrass this precious boy."

For a moment, she considered that she may should speak less fancier, for convenience sake. She'll see if Matt understands her.
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

"...Oh."

Joe couldn't remember hearing that name over the announcement. If it was that first one... maybe he'd just been so focused on Gabby and Theodore that he hadn't noticed. He couldn't remember hearing about Daniel, but... why lie if the lie would fall apart in front of anyone more observant? Must be the truth.

If Joe hadn't felt like a jerk earlier, he sure did now. He looked down at his feet, his face going a blotchy red. Accusing someone of murder without seeing what had happened... that was rude at the very least. No, much more than rude.

Somehow, Aileen defending him made him feel worse. Not to mention confused. He considered himself decent where smarts were concerned, but... half the words Aileen said just flew in one ear and out the other. And what was with all that 'precious boy' stuff? Joe looked down and covered his face with his hands for a moment. Partly out of shame. Partly to conceal the baffled expression at Aileen's words.

"Um. No, it's... it's okay," Joe mumbled through his fingers at Aileen. "He's right. Can't... can't trust a muh... muh... murderer." Lowering his hands, Joe slipped the daypack strap off and put the pack down on the ground. He pushed it with his foot towards Matt. He didn't say anything else. Just kept his eyes on the ground and his hands out of any pockets. Just so Matt knew he wouldn't try anything.

He didn't have anything worth stealing. Except some cookies and a dressage whip. Would serve him right if Matt ran off with the bag, anyway.
BROseidon†

Post by BROseidon† »

"Harass? Harass?" Matt chuckled at Aileen. She saw right through him, intimidating the guy who had killed someone. Because that was not a reasonable reaction to have when running into a killer. Oh, wait...

"He's the killer, not me. I'm just watching my ass." Aileen was pissing him off, too. Matt would have just got up and left, but there was still a gun on the line here. He was going to need that gun if he wanted to save his ass and survive this whole ordeal. There was no way around it; he could stall and survive as long as he wanted, but without a way to kill at the end it would all be for naught.

"All I want to know is that I'm not about to die. Joe, where is the gun?" Sure, Joe had pushed the bag towards him, but that didn't mean the gun was in there.
Riki

Post by Riki »

Goodness, couldn't people just exactly behave like Aileen wanted them to behave for one moment? Was that really that much of a task? Apparently, it was. Aileen sighed inwardly as Joe pushed his own bag to Matt. Sure, in any other situation Aileen would have agreed with Joe. Can't trust a murderer. But goddamnit, it was just too inconvenient that moment.

Then Matt asked where the gun was, although it seemed obvious that the gun was in Joe's ba- ...oh, so that was the moment when an imaginery lightbulb appeared above Aileen's head. It may be that Joe's gun was not in his bag afterall, but simply hid somewhere. Alas, Matt seemed to be aware of that possibility. If that was the case, she somehow had to support Joe.

She raised her foot to point it at the bag.

"Very well, it has become apparent that you are of minor intelligence. I therefore shall embed such information into terms suitable for your degenerated mind.

The gun's in the bag, dumbass. Or does it look like Joe's holding it? Oh, and I can assure you that it is not glued to his ass."

Aileen put her foot down again and stretched herself a bit.

"Also, if he attacks you, I'll restrain him immediately."

Well, that was a lie, but...
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

Joe felt a sudden compulsion to shout at Aileen. Why was she defending him? He was the bad guy here, he knew that. He was the one with blood on his hands, and accusing people of being murderers when really they just happened to be there. It just didn't make sense and made him feel uncomfortable and... squirmy.

Joe tugged down the hem of his shirt a little, his frown growing as he did so.

"I don't have it. Finn... he, uh... took it after... after... uh..." He blinked a few times, very rapidly, and neglected to finish the sentence. Instead, he just looked away. In any direction that wasn't where Matt or Aileen were.

This was taking up so much time... and Matt's concerns made sense, but all this convincing was using up time that Joe just didn't have. Joe put his hands on his head, like he was being held up by the cops.

"No time... Just, whatever I have to do... just... just tell me, okay?"
BROseidon†

Post by BROseidon† »

Like hell Aileen would stop Joe from shooting him. His death would put her one step closer to going home, and there wasn't any good will between them. There wasn't any alliance to form. Neither one had any reason to let the other live at this point.

But Joe claimed not to have the gun, which caused Matt's to raise his right eyebrow. How the fuck did Finn get it? Joe didn't seem to be lying; unless he suddenly became a great actor, he was still the stuttering mess that he'd always been. Whatever, the details didn't matter.

"So Finn has the gun, huh? Let me check that." Matt opened the bag and rummaged through it, and surely enough, the gun wasn't there. Joe didn't make a move, either.

"I'm not going to, like, take your things. I don't want to condemn you to death. Just tryin' not to die, ya know?" Matt felt a little regret for how he'd approached the situation. While he was never going to keep Joe around as company, surely he could have been a bit more pleasant?

Naw, it didn't matter. They probably wouldn't see each other again. Matt needed to stop feeling down that people were dying. Each death put him one step closer to life.

"If I see you later, no hard feelings. I'm not really keeping company right now. Later." Matt closed Joe's bag and grabbed his own bags before running off.

He needed a way to defend himself, and he had an idea.

((Matt Vartoogian continued in What, I Read it Somewhere))

Return to “Bike Trails”