Tea Party with Death at Dawn

Early Morning Day 7: Open

The gardens of the Peaceful Meadows Chapel used to be blooming with an abundance of plant life from many different flower beds, and while to some extent this is still the case, many other invasive species have moved in due to the absence of any maintenance. Many residents of the asylum were encouraged to help maintain the gardens as a form of therapy, but after the asylum's closure human influence has been completely absent. This has caused a dramatic build-up of tangled weeds throughout the beds of the gardens, with thick patches of nettles, thorns, and many other forms of plant life now encroaching upon the brick and dirt paths, cutting off some routes altogether. Despite all this however, the large willow tree from which the island gets its name still stands near the center of the garden, casting a large shadow over much of the area.
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

Sandra, on the other hand, had no qualms about letting her irritation show through. This whole situation had been tense; the last thing they needed is another variable to take into account, even if she did introduce herself by showing what looked like genuine concern.

"We're fine," Sandra said, "In fact, we were just about to leave."

She moved in the direction of the entrance to the garden.

"Come on!" she shouted, "We've been here long enough."

She walked slowly, giving Alice and Bryony some time to catch up, but didn't pause or turn around. She didn't honestly care if Candice tagged along with them.

That wasn't really the only thing she didn't care about anymore.

((Sandra Dyer continued in 1ИS∅MИ1∀.))
Muninn†

Post by Muninn† »

Well, if nobody was severely injured, it seemed as though Canidce's motivation to try to help was misplaced.  Not that she probably would have been able to do much if somebody had been badly hurt.  It wasn't like she was a doctor or anything.

"Throw bandages at the problem and hope it goes away" was pretty much the extent of her medical training.  Really, nothing that couldn't be done by any random person you yank off the street.  But in this case it seemed that level was all that was needed, and had in fact already been administered.

She did vaguely recall that injured people were supposed to move as little as possible and might have questioned the wisdom of moving out, but she kept her mouth shut.  For starters, while her initial reaction was "You shouldn't move injured people," after a few seconds she remembered the second part of that instruction and conceded that "Wait until paramedics arrive" would have involved quite a bit of waiting in this particular case.  There was also the nontrivial matter that she wasn't part of their group or anything, so showing up out of nowhere and being all contrary wasn't exactly something that she planned on trying anytime soon.

For that matter, if they were all fine and were planning on going on their way, shouldn't Candice go off on her own?  Back home, Candice would've considered the reception she'd received to be a clear "I'm not saying that you should go away, but go away."  But it wasn't so clear here on this island, where everybody had reason to be irritable, especially when they'd just been shot at.  Speaking of which...

They'd been shot.

That was pretty much all Candice could figure out about the situation.  These three didn't seem to have any guns amongst them, so it couldn't have been the result of an argument gone wrong.  There weren't any corpses around that looked like they could belong to the perpetrator.  As far as she could tell, they must have been in a one-sided shootout where one party ran away, but it didn't make any sense to her.  These girls didn't look like they could've fled from someone in the condition they had first been in when Candice found them.  But it made just as little sense that someone else'd picked a fight and then retreated from what must've been a favorable position.

Then again, everything seemed like it made little sense these days, so she decided it shouldn't be something to fret over.  There was, however, one thing she couldn't quite push from her mind.

As far as Candice knew, the attacker was still out there.  She'd thought once she'd learned that everybody was fine that she would say something to the effect of "Glad you're okay" and head off in some direction, but the risk that the shooter might come back wasn't small.

Not just the risk that they might attack Candice... these three would also have high risk so long as they were in this area.  The decision to move on had definitely been the right one.

Maybe it was a carryover from wanting to help someone she had seen hurt, maybe it was adrenaline or whatever from seeing blood.  It wasn't out of the question that it might've just been fear for her own safety, either.  But Candice found herself thinking that for the time being, if she wasn't explicitly being told to stay away, she probably shouldn't separate from this group just yet.

((Candice Banks continued elsewhere))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Muninn. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Aura

Post by Aura »

Yeah, Sandra had the right idea. Maybe it was better if they got a move on now instead of sticking around. They needed to get prepared, find some supplies and arms. They couldn't accomplish that by just sitting still.

Alice sat up, wincing a bit as she put pressure on her injured leg. She walked to catch up with Sandra, feeling a jolt every time her freshly bandaged leg hit the ground. Maybe it would have been better if she had given herself more time to rest, but this was not a normal situation where she could wait to heal. The rest of the island would keep moving no matter what she did, so it was in her best interest to be proactive.

She retained some quiet concerns over the ordeal, but figured that they could wait until they reached their next destination, wherever it was.

((Alice Baker continued elsewhere...))
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Everything was moving again. Things were happening, decisions were being made, actions were being taken. There was still a pang of dismay inside of Bryony, that desire to lie underneath the willow tree forever and ever still ever present, but it was much, much better that they were actually doing something. With inaction and meandering around, they were still little more than cannon fodder. With movement and decisions, they were acting upon their plan. They were going to find a weapon. They were going to find something to defend themselves with.

And once they'd gotten that? Bryony had some inkling of an idea of what might happen afterwards. It might be too terrible to think about for too long. It might be the only logical thing for them to do. It might be the only option left in their disposal.

They'd see when the time came.

The only issue with things picking up speed was that Bryony was still feeling groggy and not all there, the blood loss and fainting still affecting her system. Sandra was unharmed, Alice had finished patching herself up, someone else had wandered into the garden, and before Bryony could finish gasping in surprise, Sandra was marching off.

"I'm... I'm coming! Just a second!"

Bryony scrambled up, resting her hand against the tree trunk for a second. She shot a look at the new girl. She didn't seem to be armed. She didn't seem to be planning anything malicious. She was just standing there, concern etched on her face. Bryony bit her lip, heart and brain waging war inside of her, fighting as to whether she should trust this girl or not.

Another second passed, and Sandra got further away, and so Bryony gave Candice a small smile, and nodded at her to follow them, and began to walk after Sandra.

No matter what, this island wasn't going to get rid of who Bryony was so easily.

((Bryony Adams continued in 1ИS∅MИ1∀))
[+] V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Pregame - Chill - Loss - Realm
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Pregame - Vend-etta - Flames - Fleet - Monachopsis - Glitter
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Prom - Link - Gradation - Ballare
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!
Pregame - Evolution - Life - Lo Mein
Memories - Forward - Odds

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Pregame - Generation - Prince
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Astrid Tate - So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Owen Kay - I fold my tie and ribbon to hide my scars, that's how it starts
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Beatrice - Jamie - Pippi - Tim - Ada - Tabby - Romeo - Lissa - Freddie - Trinity - Redd - Natalie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017

Return to “Crematorium Gardens”