Dead End

If one was to ignore the rusted "DANGER" signs and follow a winding path down the cliff-side to the waters below, one could stumble upon the cove. Poised under the overhang of the cliff above and strewn with several shallow caves, the cove would be the perfect spot to hide out if not for the dangers of high tide and hazardous waters.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Slowly, Amy lowered her arms, placing her left hand in her pocket. It didn't seem like any of the other three were anywhere near likely to attacking them, which was definitely a positive. She almost raised the blackjack again when Ian mentioned James' 'six deadly items', her blood freezing for just a second, before she realised Ian referred to the Cluedo weapons in the Cluedo box. Well, no shit. Like the terrorists would give any of us six legit weapons.

At the same time, however, a rather confused look appeared on Amy's face. Cluedo seemed to be the only thing the trio had been talking about; apparently why Mrs. White was called such. Ian labelled Amy as Ms. Scarlett, and before Amy could ask him why exactly they were casting each other as board game characters, Kathryn enquired whether she had any idea what they were talking about. A wry smile appeared on Amy's face. It was a shame Kathryn had been part of the softball squad; Amy would have liked to have spent even more time with her, back in Seattle.

"I guess you're talking about Cluedo in some way, but aside from that... kinda lost, yeah.

It was almost too casual, the way they were acting. Almost, but not quite. James in particular seemed more jumpy than normal, and Amy couldn't help but notice the hint of panic in Ian's laugh. They were still nervous, all of them, even if they were doing a great job at putting on a brave face. Everyone had a different coping mechanic, after all. Amy just had to take each thing as it came, she guessed. No use getting annoyed over something as banal as this.

"Hey, but, I'd be Ms. Scarlett even without the, y'know, hair dye. Not like anyone would actively want to be Mrs. White, I mean." Amy said brightly, eager to put her worries behind her. A game of Cluedo might be beneficial, take her mind away from the events around her. Not right now, though. There was the axe to deal with. "We've kind got, uh... more pressing concerns at the moment than Cluedo, though..."

Amy turned away from the group, looking over the crashing waves and the stretching, infinite ocean. Even from where she was standing, well away from the sea, she still felt shaky. The waves were crashing against the rocks incredibly violently; even if you survived being pulled down into the endless depths, you'd be crushed against the rocks, washed away, left-

"Waves... look pretty choppy..." Amy murmured to Venice, face even paler than normal. "Might be best to wait...until we leave..."
[+] V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Pregame - Chill - Loss - Realm
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Pregame - Vend-etta - Flames - Fleet - Monachopsis - Glitter
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Prom - Link - Gradation - Ballare
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!
Pregame - Evolution - Life - Lo Mein
Memories - Forward - Odds

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Pregame - Generation - Prince
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Astrid Tate - So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Owen Kay - I fold my tie and ribbon to hide my scars, that's how it starts
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Beatrice - Jamie - Pippi - Tim - Ada - Tabby - Romeo - Lissa - Freddie - Trinity - Redd - Natalie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
LordB†

Post by LordB† »

Okay, so we're still going on about Clue. Wonderful.

As he still knew very little about the game, let alone the fact that there had been a bloody movie made from it, James felt the compulsion to toss the damned thing into the sea for the sake of changing the subject. Then again, the others might not take to kindly to that. James knew he wasn't the most popular guy around, and he really didn't want to risk pissing these guys off just so they could have a conversation that wasn't about this board game. On the other hand, actually playing a game might take their minds off the current situation. The whole 'Island filled with killer classmates' thing was kind of still going on.

"Well then," he spoke up. "I'd have to agree with Amy here. While it would be nice to play a board game right now, we do have bigger concerns, like staying alive."

James really hoped that he didn't come across as a bit of a buzzkill by saying that, but all this Clue talk was beginning to annoy him. He'd done his best to stay calm so far, and by some miracle had only suffered one panic attack since waking up on the island. Staying calm was important in this situation. Then again, maybe that was why they were talking about Clue in the first place; they needed something to take their minds off of this insane game for the time being. He glanced down at the useless weapon that was his Clue box, and pondered the possibilities. He'd never really been interested in any games that didn't involve a controller or keyboard, but it was never too late to learn, really. Backtrackbacktrackbacktrack...

"Although, since there's nothing else to do around here, we could play a game, I suppose."

James was well aware that he wasn't exactly the cheeriest person, but smiled anyway. Well, there is something to do here, and its murdering people. He looked away from the others, down towards the waves crashing against the rocks. He was no stranger to awkward silences, really, and began to hope that something exciting would happen soon, if only to end the Clue conversations. At this point a raving looney running in with an axe might even be preferable to this accursed board game. On one hand, playing it might keep their little group together, but on the other he was getting sick of it. Make up your bloody mind, James, he thought to himself. See what the others think first, then go with what they want to do.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler LordB. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Un-Persona†

Post by Un-Persona† »

Venice listened to Amy's little aside, and was glad the two had the same basic idea. That fact made Venice feel like less of a worry wort. She didn't want to wait till they left, but if Amy thought it was better that way, then Venice would go with it.

"Best not to freak everybody out with axe talk anyway."

Maybe a game of Clue - Cluedo, whatever it may be called - might actually be a pretty good way of passing the time. Then, when no one's paying attention and the waves had calmed, she could just slide the axe into the ocean.

"Easy peasy lemon squeezy."

Venice enjoyed that everyone was being so civil so far, though she could tell they were still scared. This is what she hoped all her classmates were like, making nervous small talk. Smiling and going along with it was the only choice.

"A game sounds nice, although I can't really remember how to play. I'll be...whoever no one else wants to be."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Un-Persona. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Casey the Undead†

Post by Casey the Undead† »

Ian shrugged at the others, a touch apologetically. "Yeah, man I guess there's more pressing stuff than Clue but. I dunno dude." He scratched the back of his neck. "You're all freaked about staying alive but there's no one in this immediate area who's going to kill us, and if there was, we'd be toast already, yeah?" Ian crossed his legs and sat on the ground in a firm, if foolish, decision.

It wasn't like he was in denial, or anything. Denial was pointless and ridiculous. There wasn't anyone who was going to rescue them, and there wasn't any way of stopping people from killing, so far as Ian could see. It was kill or be killed -- and Ian had cherry bombs, and James had Clue. What are you gonna do, someone comes and points a gun at you, shoots you in the head? There's nothing you can do. You can keep your guard up and you can fight and you can be aware and stuff, and that's all what you should be, but at the end of the day, if someone wanted Ian dead, Ian was gonna be dead.

Ian grinned at Venice and James as they seemed to consent to a game. "That's the spirit. I mean, if this boat is sinking, we might as well enjoy it a bit, yeah?" He winced slightly at his own words. It was probably not the best way to convince someone that he had the right idea going. "Anyways," he said, trying to breeze by. "I could be, uh. Mr. Green?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Casey the Undead. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Arscapi†

Post by Arscapi† »

Kathryn honestly didn't see the problem with playing Clue. It's not like they had anything better to do with their time. Ian made a valid point. If one of this group was going to kill them, they would've started blasting already. Besides, even though she didn't know how to use it, she figured the rifle would make a pretty powerful deterrent. That and the sight of the group of them playing Clue might give a psycho pause.

"It's not like we have anything better to do," she said voicing her earlier thought. "I vote for hiding down here and amusing ourselves. Hopefully no one else will venture down this way."

She sat down and looked up at the others expectantly. "I know how to play, I can fill you in on the details. Although I have to warn you, I've been banned from playing Clue at my house."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Arscapi. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

A summary of Amy's day so far; she'd woken up on an island, expected to kill her classmates or be killed by them. She'd found herself at the top of a tower, and had been rescued by a girl with an axe. They'd gone to the coast with the intent of disposing of the axe in the ocean, but had been sidetracked by a game of Cluedo. This was shit you couldn't make up.

Amy slowly shuffled and turned around, until her back was facing the ocean. Slowly, her rapid breathing slowed and her face retained some of its colour. The situation as a whole was grim, for sure. It would be much better to focus on the positives in front of her rather than the crashing waves behind her. It looked like they were really were going to be playing Cluedo, after all. The thought brought a large grin onto Amy's face. Absurd was really the only word for this.

But it was keeping the group together, it was keeping them positive, and in Amy's mind at least, it was providing one giant middle finger to the terrorists. Oh, hey, you wanted us to run around killing and maiming our friends for your own sick pleasure? Nah, we're alright, we're in the middle of a game. Thanks for trying, though.

"Fuck it, guess this is happening, huh?" Amy laughed a little, and smiled at the group as a whole. At the same time, however, she kept glancing warily up at the cliffs. It was safer down here than most other locations on the island, sure, but Amy wasn't going to let her guard down. If she noticed anything suspicious, then she'd chuck the axe in the ocean herself and get the fuck out of there, hopefully with Venice and the others right behind her.

"So, I'm Ms Scarlett, right?" Amy asked, smile returned to her face. The cliffs looked vacant right now. She could relax just for a bit. "Ooh, or maybe Professor Plum and his bitching purple jacket! Oh, how difficult my life is, with all these decisions."

Yeah. That was better. That was normal. Normal was good.
[+] V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Beatrice - Jamie - Pippi - Tim - Ada - Tabby - Romeo - Lissa - Freddie - Trinity - Redd - Natalie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
LordB†

Post by LordB† »

Wow, they're seriously going to go through with this.

James set down the box on a nearby rock, and looked around at the others. So, on an island filled with potential murderers, they were going to play a game of Clue (or Cluedo, as it apparently had two names) right here, right now. It beat wandering the island aimlessly, at least. Plus, the five of them could probably fend off any attacks, provided the attacker didn't sneak up on them with a rocket launcher. He opened the box, revealing the board and pieces to the others.

"Right, suppose I'd better get the game set up."

He began to take the pieces out, placing them on the flat board in no particular order. He wasn't too sure what he was doing, really, having never played the game in his life. There seemed to be a card with the rules on it, at least. James quickly looked over it before taking the yellow piece and holding it aloft.

"So this is me, then. Colonel Mustard."

It wasn't surprising that Ian had labelled him earlier as the old English chap, but James didn't really mind. At least their little group seemed to be getting on together. He looked around at the crashing waves and rocky cliffs around them. It would be weird, no doubt about that. At least their little game would probably confuse the hell out of the terrorists and whoever else was watching. He couldn't help but smile at the thought of their captors getting pissed off at them playing Clue in the middle of their own sick game. James finished placing everything on the board, and gestured for the others to come around him. He was still mindful of the very real gun, blackjack and axe that the others were carrying. With any luck his tiny plastic weapons would placate them. In some very odd way, he was rather enjoying himself.

"Okay then, lets play."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler LordB. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Un-Persona†

Post by Un-Persona† »

((OOC: Transition to day 2 approved by all handlers beforehand~))

This was happening. Venice and her classmates were going to relax here and just sit down and play a little game of Clue. And they would all be all alright! No murder, no fighting, just some classmates and a board game! It's not like there was anything else to do, she figured, but it was not violence, therefore it was the best thing ever to her.

"Everything is going to be just fine, it's all good."

Venice walked over and sat on the side across from Kathryn, placing her bag on the side close to the ocean. Venice eyed all the little tiny weapons and miniature figurine people. Thinking, possibly correctly, that no one would want her, Amy picked up the frumpy shaped and apparently infamous Ms.White.

"Gray might have been a more apt word, but oh well," Venice said examining the toy woman " Ms. White works fine too."

So they played. They played well into the night, often getting distracted by whichever topic of conversation was current, making them forget who's turn it was constantly. There were many laughs had, and various minor hilarious scoldings whenever someone foreign to Clue would make an honest mistake.

It wasn't completely perfect though. A few times, one would make a joke that went too far or said the wrong thing, earning only passive-aggressiveness from the others offended. They would try to move on, until it was either forgotten or a new topic was brought up. There would be arguments about how the game should be played, shouting matches about house rules and the legitimate rules that were forgotten and asinine, until it worked in their own favor.

Nothing much worse then your average game night at home obviously.

So when Clue became tedious and they had all tired themselves of it and a tad bit too much of each other, the children went to rest on the warm rocks. Venice could hear some of them crying in their sleeps, reminding themselves of where they were. Or maybe that was just her. Venice's own sobs were deafening to her, even as she did her best to control them so as not to wake or further keep up the others.

Venice attempted to muffle herself by covering her face with her hands and biting her cheeks, but that only caused a coughing fit and hiccups. She cried because she knew she would die on this Island. Not because any of her classmates would kill her, but because Venice knew they wouldn't.

She again remembered being threatened that if no one killed their fellow classmates, pop would go all their heads. But of course that didn't happen. While Venice played Clue, others were playing Hungry Hungry Hippo or Tic Tac Toe. There was no way anyone died tonight. Venice feared the pop.

Would she hear it though? Would the bad guys just push the buttons for all of their collars, wasting all the time they took planning this, pulling off the their plan? Maybe, she thought. That would be a dreadful amount of buttons to push.

Closing her eyes even tighter, Venice called their bluff, listening to the sounds of the still furious ocean.

Venice eyes were revealed to a new early morning.

She pushed herself off the ground and looked up at the sky. It was half-dark, the Sun barely awake. Venice stared at the water. The waves themselves seemed to be sleeping, compared to their earlier movements. She zipped open her bag and grabbed the handle of her axe with both of her hands.

Venice walked over to edge of the ocean, her flip flops making squishing noises with every step due to the wet rocks. She lowered her vision down towards the tide, it making little hurried motions towards the left of her. With a simple upward flick of the wrist, Venice dropped her axe into the ocean where it made a loud and big thunking splash, and turned her head to make sure it disappeared.

She sat down and let her feet and legs dangle. With sleep tears in her eyes, Venice allowed herself to make her regular morning yawns and back scratches. Venice eyed back at all her friends who had all kindly not killed her in her sleep. She made note of them all sleeping on damp rocks without any blankets.

The emergency blankets weren't much for sleeping with, being rather loud and not too cozy. She figured she could go and look for things like blankets and pillows and the such to make camp here, until the the rescue came. They deserved it after all, albeit so did all of her classmates. Venice was proud of them, not giving in to fear.

Venice stood up and stretched out her legs and arms before she made her departure. She walked over to Amy and nudged the girl's shoulder till she was sure the other girl was at least half awake.

"I'll be back in a little while okay? I'm just going to get some supplies and then come right back here. Tell the others in case they ask. I'm leaving the rest of my stuff here, so watch over it for me? Thanks."

Venice left the area, only taking her map with her, patting the warning signs as she left like they were her mailbox. This place would serve as her home till they were all taken home. Right now, a little stroll around the neighborhood and some shopping would be nice till she got back.

((Venice Pennington-Johannes: G016 -V5- continued in The Unlucky Clover Field))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Un-Persona. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Casey the Undead†

Ian didn't really give a shit what anyone else thought. Clue was awesome, and fun, and also awesome. He wasn't quite as good at it as he remembered (though years of not playing would do that to you), but he was still glad he played. Now I will always have this fun, boardgame filled memory, which may be among my last. It wasn't the most comforting thought in the world, but it wasn't the least comforting, either.

When the sun was tilting downwards in the sky, everyone agreed it was time to go to sleep. Ian wondered how he was supposed to get meaningful rest on a rockface such as this, in a game such as the one he was in. He figured that the effort would be worth it though, and using his own pack as a makeshift pillow, he laid down for the worst sleep of his entire life.

It was dreamless, he assumed. He wasn't sure how much sleep he actually got. He traced the constellations in the sky with lazy, blurred eyes. He didn't know enough of them, he thought. In Seattle it didn't matter, but now he had a chance to stare at the stars and he couldn't come up with anything to describe them. He was an artist, wasn't he? So why couldn't he connect the dots to make pictures? All he saw were blurs in the sky. If he thought about it, f he thought about the endless reach of the universe and all that, then he guessed there wasn't much a point in finger painting the sky anyways. He frowned at the stars for what felt like hours. He wasn't sure if he fell asleep or just zoned out, because he blinked and was in the same position he'd always been in, but in a slightly lighter sky.

Ian pushed himself up, cracked his neck, and looked around with a sigh. He frowned at the kids on the rock with him. He wondered if he was supposed to be crying, supposed to be praying for rescue. He wished, above all things, that he could have the grief some kids undeniably were clinging too. He wanted to cry. He wanted to weep and curl up, to feel half-ill out of fear and melancholy. He wanted grief, unending and horrid. He could have clung to it, if he had it. He could have floated on it like a life raft in the Pacific -- sure to end, but reassuring while it lasted.

Instead, he just felt sort of blank. He wiggled his toes in his sneakers. They had not gone numb. He was grateful, if he had to name a feeling. Grateful to see the sun, grateful to still be breathing. People were already dead. Ian wasn't stupid or naive enough to think everyone had lived through the night. People were dead. By their own hands, but others -- it didn't matter. They were dead, and Ian wasn't. He couldn't find the grief. He couldn't find the tears for his classmates. He just felt grateful, in a vague, loosely-defined sort of way.

Venice excused herself for a walk, and Ian said nothing as she left. She'd left her stuff, and he wasn't an asshole, so he figured he'd keep around in case she came back. These people were safe enough, anyway. They'd played Clue with him. Ian was grateful.

In a few days, they'd all be dead.

Ian blinked rapidly, looking for tears. Nothing.

He stood up with a grunt, rubbed his shoulders, and said nothing. Everyone would be alert in a few minutes, and they could figure out what to do then. Ian didn't need grief. He didn't need a plan. He just needed to live.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Casey the Undead. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

((Apologies for skipping, but I just wanna leave a post whilst I'm away))

At the time, playing Cluedo was the best idea any of them had had since waking up on the island. Amy had been right; it had done an excellent job of distracting them all from the situation surrounding them. There'd been arguments of the most friendly kind, whether someone was playing correctly, whether a set of rules were right, whether Amy had literally just cheated (which she definitely had not). It felt like she was playing board games with her family again, and for the moment, that had been comforting.

The conversation had fluctuated wildly, veering from one subject to another, oftentimes bringing a burst of laughter from the group, other times making the mood slightly more sombre, before a quick joke or stupid comment brought back the small amount of cheer. It wasn't much, but it was all they had. And in that sense, it was just like being at school, talking with her friends, with Claire and Mike and Yasmin and everyone.

The thought of normality should have been enough for Amy as her visibility dimmed and they began to tire of the board game. And for half an hour after she'd first curled up on a large rock, with her bag for a pillow and spare clothes for blankets, it had been. But as the night had drifted on, the thought of home, of school, and her family worked their way further into her brain. Oh God, her family. What the hell were they thinking? What were her parents doing right now? What would they tell Lilly? Would they tell her what had happened to her big sis? Or would they just say that she'd be on the trip for longer than they'd thought?

Amy hoped for the latter, just so that when Amy stepped back through the front door of her house and wrapped her arms round her family, her little sisters would be able to get back to normality as quick as possible. Amy lay on her side, listened to the wind blowing around her and trying to block out the sound of the ocean and the faint sounds of her friends crying. She could feel tears begin to form in her own as well, as her mind kept going back to home.

Amy was certain that everything would be alright. That they'd all be able to see their families, safe and sound. But she just wanted to get home soon. Every moment she spent on the island made her miss it more and more.
Amy woke up to pain and blindingly bright sunlight. The whole left side of her body felt like it had been hit with a sledgehammer. It seemed like sleeping on the rocks wasn't a particularly great idea. Amy had no idea how she'd managed to get any sleep at all. Her eyes opened a crack, and she was forced to blink several times, to prevent the sun from frying her brain. The first thing she saw was Venice looming over her.

"Mmph? V?"

Wow, great. Amy couldn't even find the energy to say Venice's full name. She was in the perfect position to listen, however, and Amy was able to register that Venice was leaving for a bit in order to gather supplies. She tried to nod, but her neck completely refused to move adequately, so instead she just said "mmph" again.

"Sure thing V... tell the others... g'luck..."

Amy was pretty sure the other girl had already left by the time she'd finished talking. Ah well. Amy could look after her bag. It wasn't something that took an extreme amount of concentration and skill. Slowly, Amy slid her legs off the side of the rock, and stretched her arms out above her head. God, that felt better, even if only slightly. She blew a strand of hair out of her face, and brushed some more away with her hand. She could tell her hair looked like shit. It was probably mussed up beyond all recognition. Slowly, Amy reached to grab her bag, to check if a brush had been left in there.

After pulling the bag onto her lap, Amy paused, looking out over the ocean. She felt horribly unclean all of a sudden. It had been, what, since before getting on the plane since she'd had a shower? And who knew how long ago that had truly been. At the very least, Amy wanted to wash her face, but the bottles of water were her only supplies of liquids, and the sea was fucking salt water, and Amy knew she'd end up swallowing some of it. Plus it was, well, the sea.

"Fuck the ocean." Amy muttered, still searching for a hairbrush.
[+] V7
Trip - Loved

Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

Pregame - Shark - Heart
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile

Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6

V5

V4
[+] The Future
Arscapi†

Post by Arscapi† »

Kathryn woke and rolled onto her back, staring up at the sky. It took her mind a few seconds to figure out where she was and why she was looking at the sky. The next thing her mind processed was the rock that was digging into her back. Sitting up, her gaze fell on the ocean and she spent a few minutes watching the waves crash against the rocks.

Kathryn had enjoyed the games of Clue yesterday, she won probably more than her fair share of the games. She shrugged, she had warned them that she was good at it. Kathryn was surprised they'd played that long.

Yawning, she looked around the small group she'd found herself in. She frowned. "Aren't we missing someone," she asked. She rolled her eyes hearing her grandmother scolding her for starting with a question and not a greeting. "Good morning," she added.

She stood then and walked in a small circle, loosening her muscles. She paused to do some basic stretches, warming her body up for whatever this new day had in store.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Arscapi. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
LordB†

Post by LordB† »

James yawned, an arm held over his face to block the sun's rays. It had taken him far too long to fall asleep last night, even after a rather enjoyable game of Clue. He'd done surprisingly well for a first timer, at least. He pushed some of his long hair away from his eyes before sitting up. Yep, still on the island. It was strange to think that after such a good time the night before, they were still stuck in the middle of nowhere with dozens of roving killers about.

Oddly, James didn't feel too worried today. After they had decided to call it a night, he'd covered himself up as best he could, and curled into a ball, trying not to think about their situation too much. He'd had two panic attacks since their arrival here, and it had just been luck that some killer classmate hadn't stumbled across him while he was incapacitated. At least the others in their little group didn't know about his attacks, as far as he was aware. They might drop him as dead weight if they found out. James yawned again, and looked over to the Clue box. It was slightly crumpled on one side where he'd fallen asleep, clutching it like a teddy bear, but otherwise it was okay. He'd left his glasses inside for safe keeping, and retrieved them. At least they weren't broken; he'd be screwed without them.

As he rummaged through his bag, James noticed that some of the others were up and about. That Venice girl seemed to be missing. Probably ran out on us during the night. Wouldn't blame her. Ian and Amy were still around, at least. Kathryn seemed to have noticed too, and greeted the others.

"Morning," he replied tiredly. "Nice to see that we're all alive."

He had to stop himself for making a bad joke about being killed in their sleep, but decided that it might not be in the best taste. Speaking of taste, he had a bad one in his mouth as last night's dinner had consisted of some meagre rations. He'd checked, and if he conserved them they would last him a week or two at a stretch. Then again, the game would probably be over by then. Killing others hadn't really crossed his mind since waking up on the island, and he couldn't help but wonder if he could, or would, do it. There was no sense in sitting around waiting for a rescue that might never come, right? James straightened up, and pulled himself to his feet. He chewed on one of the food bars he'd found in his pack, looking out at the crashing waves before turning back to the little group. He swallowed.

"So uh, guys, what's the plan for today?"
Casey the Undead†

Ian glanced up as Kathryn spoke, nodding vaguely in the direction Venice had run off it. "Venice went to search for something or another." He shrugged. "She left her bags."

He frowned slightly at the thought. It was a bit stupid, wasn't it? Running away and leaving all of your stuff behind. Anyone of them could steal it -- not that any of them would, but the possibility still existed. Besides, what would happen if she got lost, if she ran into bad people, if she found herself in an emergency? Her bag had everything in it. Her rations, first-aid kit, her map, her compass were all left behind in the wilderness with a few friends and fewer defenses. Ian's frown deepened. Maybe it meant Venice was coming back. Maybe it meant that Venice wanted them to wait for her. Or maybe it meant that Venice was planning something more sinister around the bend.

Ian shook that thought away. It didn't make any sense. What could Venice possibly be planning? The game had barely begun.

James voiced a mild greeting. Nice to be alive, Ian thought. He agreed, honestly. He had lived another day. A good number of his classmates probably hadn't. He felt very little in regards to the whole thing.

"I don't have much of a plan, honestly." Ian stood gruffly, dusting his pants off as he did so. "But sitting around doing nothing is dull. I'm not made for it." It was true. Ian's fingers itched for something to do. In Seattle he was constantly on the move, finding new places to paint and new things to do. Laziness wasn't meant for him, and sitting waiting for Venice to come back -- if she came back -- was unappealing. "Venice went out, yeah? Maybe she had the right idea." He shrugged again, staring at the ground. "I have shit for a weapon, personally, and that's worthless for defense. Maybe I can find someone to help us pitch a real camp? Something solid."

He grabbed and shouldered his bags, not listening for reactions from the others. "I'll try to get back." He didn't have the heart for a tearful goodbye, for something sentimental or anything. "Play another round of Clue when I'm gone, yeah?"

Ian turned back and nodded jerkily at the camp of kids. "If one of you wants to tag along, feel free. Strength in numbers, I guess."

He headed away from the cove with a determined stride, not waiting to see if anyone followed.

((Ian Valmont continued in The Sound of Your Own Wheels))
Arscapi†

Post by Arscapi† »

((Skipping Pippin because he's away and due to return on day 13 for me.))

Kathryn watched Ian head back up the hill. Part of her wondered why he hadn't left in the middle of the night like Venice. She wasn't sure what he meant. Was he going to look for a new camp or going to look for someone who could help make this camp better? She wasn't sure that she wanted it to be better. There wasn't a whole lot of space on this ledge and if a storm blew up there was no protection at all. She didn't say anything until Ian had disappeared from sight.

"He may have a point," she said moving to her bag and starting to dig through it. "There has to be a safer place. Well, maybe not safer, but at least one that provides us with a little more cover." Finding the map she pulled it out and unrolled it. "It looks like there's several houses and a school. Maybe we can claim one of those. That way we'd at least have some protection."

She packed the rest of her things back in her bag and swung it up on her shoulder. Bending down she retrieved her rifle and the map. Kathryn looked back to see if Ian or Amy were going to follow her and headed up the hill.

((Kathryn Nguyen continued in The Usual Suspects))
Un-Persona†

Post by Un-Persona† »

((...This might be my bad. I was suppose to babysit Amy for Pippin, and didn't think his skipping would mess up the post order and thought it was still Arscapi's turn this whole time, and didn't realize I should have posted much earlier. So sorry to everyone I made wait. Posting for Amy at the moment, so as not hold LordB up.))

Well then. This situation was slowly and surely turning into poo. Everyone was deciding to leave like Venice did, except with their stuff and no certainty of their return. Amy would have liked to leave the creepy ocean, but with Venice's promise to be back, she just couldn't. She growled as she found her hair brush and began to brush, hoping that Venice would be swift and hurry back soon.

At James' question of a plan, Amy just shrugged. There wasn't much for them to do really.

"I'll just wait for Venice to get back I suppose. She shouldn't take too long, but it'd be rude and confusing for me to leave at the moment. Feel free to do what you need, though."

Scooting back a bit from the ocean, Amy continued to brush her hair, feeling the tiniest hair knots being yanked as she did.

"Aaah-Ow-Mother-!"

Oh well, itty bitty tears were a type of liquid, she realized. Amy rubbed them to clean as much of her face as the little drops could.

Return to “The Cove”