El ángel exterminador

Private, Day 5

The Peaceful Meadows chapel is a small, understated building with a plain design, the only allowance for any flourishes being a large stained glass window on one of the walls, depicting a sun rising over green hills. Inside the crematorium there are two rooms. The first could be considered the entrance hall, a small room with a couple of worn down chairs. Beyond the entrance is the main hall which contains three rows of benches spanning the breadth of the room. At the front of the room is a podium for conducting eulogies and speeches. There is also a platform for the casket to rest on during the course of the service. While the crematorium was clearly well looked after during its years of activity, in the years since Northmount closed it has steadily been fallen into disrepair. Coupled with the buildup of the plant life in the gardens, time has taken its toll upon the small building; thorn bushes and nettle patches have sprung up through the floorboards, which have themselves become weak in places, meaning that despite the small size of the chapel it takes time and care to safely navigate it.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Oh no. He had just messed up. He had not meant to upset her like that. He just wanted her not to feel the guilt, the burden and the sickness that he felt. He couldn't even close his eyes without seeing Jerry and Bernadette's bodies in a pool of their blood. It really scared him. Because if Alba went through it.... No, he couldn't protect her from that. He was not thinking straight. If only he could rest and then he could think more clearly.

"A-Alba. I-I didn't mean.... Uh...."

He was really worried now and he put his hands onto both of her shoulders. He didn't want to die. Of course, he didn't want to. No one wants to die. He had to say no.

"N-No, I don't want to die. I don't want to leave you, Alba. Please don't cry...." He sounded desperate as he was talking to her and he was trying to make things right again. He wasn't sure if it was working or not.
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Alba tensed up when Brendan put both of his hands on her shoulders. It stopped her babbling and allowed her to listen to Brendan. He really didn't want to die either. Maybe it was a moment of weakness, or maybe he was trying to appear cool to her, but now it was clear that he was as afraid of dying as everyone else.

Alba rubbed her eyes. No tears had fallen down her cheeks, but they sure were close. She nodded to Brendan, looking deep into his eyes.

"Great. Then don't die. It's as simple as that."

Alba put her hand on one of Brendan's.

"If I can save you, I will. If you can save me, feel free to. No matter what happens, I won't judge you. Does that sound good?"
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Brendan was relieved to not see Alba cry as it would have made him feel like a jerk. He wanted Alba to be alright. He wanted her to be strong. He wanted himself to be strong. They had to both manage to get through all of this. Together.

Brendan felt her hand go onto his and he listened to what she had to say to him. She was right. If either of them were in danger, then they would both have to make some difficult choices that could either end up with someone seriously injured or dead. He had to accept that Alba would be willing to save anyone. And he was slowly accepting it.

He nodded a little and then he showed her a small smile.

"Y-Yeah, I understand. We will both have to make some hard choices. I get it, I do. So yes, it does sound good to me."
[+] V7
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

((Minor GMing approved))

"Great. I'm glad we're in agreement."

Alba smiled again. It looked like she and Brendan were on the same page. They'd protect each other, and they'd make sure to do the right thing in the end. It was likely not going to be so easy, but Alba wanted to believe she could be Brendan's hero if he could be hers. She kept her hand on his and slowly stroked the back of his hand.

Alba was thankful for this moment. In the midst of all this death and chaos, they were able to sit in God's domain and have an intimate moment with one another. No matter what else happened on this island, Alba knew she had received a blessing to have such a good talk with her friend. She had made a few mistakes so far, and she was going to correct them if she could, but if she had Brendan with her, she knew she'd be able to do something with her time here.

Maybe that's why she did what she did next. As she looked Brendan in the eyes, Alba suddenly moved forward. She closed her eyes, praying she was aiming correctly, and planted her lips against Brendan's. She pulled away after a few seconds and opened her eyes again. Suddenly, a wave of embarrassment came over her.

"Oh. Um..."
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

"I...."

When Alba suddenly kissed him out of the blue; Brendan wasn't even sure how to respond. He was caught off guard by the suddeness of it and he blinked a few times. What was he supposed to say to that? It had felt soft and quick. And all he could do was stare at her like he never had a kiss from before. Well, not from a girl. He felt something, he did. He was getting a mixture of conflicted feelings. Excitement? Happiness? Confusion? Shock?

Say something, Brendan.

"I, um...."

Or not. He was particularly gaping at her with his mouth wide-open. He was definitely still in the state of shock and surprise. Alba had really kissed him. He needed to think properly. He didn't want to be a bumbling mess over a kiss. But inside he was feeling somewhat happy.

"Alba, I...."

He still couldn't really get any words out. His brain was getting all mushy from what had just happened.
[+] V7
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Crap. Crap crap crap crap crap crap crap.

Alba stared at Brendan as he stuttered in response to the kiss. He looked as surprised by that as she was for doing it. Mentally, Alba began to curse herself for making things even more awkward.

"Sorry," Alba said, starting to blush. "I don't know why I did that. I just...uh...went with the mood..."

Alba bit her lip. This was getting weirder. She had blown her first kiss on a moment of spontaneous passion, and now it made things weird between her and her friend. Alba clenched her teeth and stood up.

"Well, anyways," she blurted, "we should make sure the area's secure, so I'm going to do a once-around the church and then we can barricade ourselves in or something."

Alba grabbed the rifle and her bag and quickly walked to the door.

"Hang on tight, I'll be back soon," she said as she pushed the door open and stepped outside.

Alba nervously laughed to herself as she walked outside and started to move around the building. She hoped Brendan would at least let her have a few minutes to cool off before she came back in. He probably needed the time too.

((Alba Reyes continued in The Scarlet Garden))
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

"Alba, wait-"

He was too late. She was already gone. He would have offered to go with her to make sure that everything was safe. He knew that she was just going to be outside but he hated the idea of splitting up. He needed to go after her. They had just said that they would protect each other. He wanted to make sure he could promise her that.

He stared over at the podium again and he couldn't help but feel more happier. Even though, everyone was in a bad situation right now. Alba was the one person that made him want to survive. So he had to stay close to her.

He glanced at Jerry's sharpened weapon that was sticking out of his bag and he took it out. He traced his fingers over the thick wood. He would possibly have to use this on someone who would be a threat to him and Alba. The thought of it was terrified him. But he had to take the risk if Alba was willing to do it herself.

He thought about the surprise kiss that Alba had planted on him. He blushed out of embarrassment and shyness. And to do it in a place like this? It felt romantic to him for a few seconds. He definitely needed to talk to Alba about it later on.

He waited for a few minutes. He thought that Alba would need some space after that. He needed to calm down as well. And now he wanted to go out there after her. He was started to get a little nervous about her being out there on her own.

He packed his belongings back into his bag and he slung the bag over his shoulder. He got up to his feet, hodling Jerry's weapon firmly in his hands.

And then he left to go after Alba.

((Brendan Harte continued in The Scarlet Garden))
[+] V7

Return to “Crematorium Chapel”